Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 12/5/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

On the other hand, it was delightful to see Sally Field.  She was sweet and funny and charming as usual.

It really was! And I'm so glad that unlike her last visit, she and Whoopi talked about Soapdish! I really wish they had provided the volume and dialogue when Rosie (Whoopi's character) was screaming how could she write for a guy who didn't have a head??!!! And that Celeste was "Montana's MOTHER?! When did she have her? When she was 5? 6, 7? When?"

😂🤣🤣😂

You know, this scene:

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, munchiewoman said:

Dismissing her stress and anxiety in that condescending way really pissed me off.  And didn't she see Sara's guilty face?  What kind of friend is she?

What kind of MOTHER is she?  Of course, she considers herself PERFECT in all things.  She is one controlling woman.  Are we to REALLY belief that she accosted a DATE of her son's in person...and called her "Sis" ?  A professional?  A nurse?  Sunny...get thee to a therapist before it's too late!

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Sara and her hideous funeral parlor makeup pissed me off when they were talking about the whole gotcha border nonsense. Joy had barely spoke a sentence before Whoopi and then Sara both jumped in (because how dare Joy disagree with Whoopi even slightly). Joy let Sara speak and then when Joy tried to finish what she was saying Sara started going again and acted like Joy was the one interrupting her. I'm so tired of her acting like it's so hard for her and back-seat moderating the others. I was glad when Joy was snippy with her afterwards considering Sara's point was pretty stupid at that.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

About The Office - No, Michael Scott was not an "Archie Bunker" type character. Bunker was a bigot and unwilling to learn tolerance and treat other people with respect. The humor was in how "normal" people reacted to Archie and how Archie rationalized his perspectives. Michael Scott was a clueless guy, who thought he was smarter than he was, and said insulting things because he had no idea of what other people's feelings were. Michael Scott was the personification of the Dunning–Kruger effect. Michael's attempts to show how smart and progressive he was sometimes resulted in him saying or doing things that offended or insulted the workers, who had to put up with him, because he was the boss.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

About The Office - No, Michael Scott was not an "Archie Bunker" type character. Bunker was a bigot and unwilling to learn tolerance and treat other people with respect. The humor was in how "normal" people reacted to Archie and how Archie rationalized his perspectives. Michael Scott was a clueless guy, who thought he was smarter than he was, and said insulting things because he had no idea of what other people's feelings were. Michael Scott was the personification of the Dunning–Kruger effect. Michael's attempts to show how smart and progressive he was sometimes resulted in him saying or doing things that offended or insulted the workers, who had to put up with him, because he was the boss.

How is it possible that no one on that panel has watched The Office?  You'd think at the very least they would have binged it during the pandemic.  And yes, Michael Scott was not an Archie Bunker character.  He was usually well intentioned but ignorant and clueless, desperately wanted to be liked and had delusions of being a comedian.  He's almost the opposite of Archie Bunker, really.  

And I'm curious as to what Sunny actually watches, since she hasn't seen Blazing Saddles, The Office or Love Actually.  I mean, I didn't care for Blazing Saddles or Love Actually and only liked the first few seasons of The Office, but I've seen all of them.  

Edited by Snapdragon
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
38 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

And I'm curious as to what Sunny actually watches, since she hasn't seen Blazing Saddles, The Office or Love Actually.  I mean, I didn't care for Blazing Saddles or Love Actually and only liked the first few seasons of The Office, but I've seen all of them.  

She didn't see The Holiday either (which was mentioned in the discussion of Christmas movies), but she mentioned that she liked The Best Man Holiday - it was an aside in the discussion, but no one responded to it. I haven't seen this movie, but the synopsis sounds like a plot similar to Sunny's book, or some of Elin Hilderbrand's books - with old friends getting back together and their various life issues affecting the group. 

23 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

She didn't see The Holiday either (which was mentioned in the discussion of Christmas movies), but she mentioned that she liked The Best Man Holiday - it was an aside in the discussion, but no one responded to it. I haven't seen this movie, but the synopsis sounds like a plot similar to Sunny's book, or some of Elin Hilderbrand's books - with old friends getting back together and their various life issues affecting the group. 

I've seen the Holiday and I've seen Best Man Holiday. I like the Holiday better.  BMH isn't bad. It's just a different type of movie from the Holiday.  I've seen Love Actually and it's OK but I don't want to watch it every year.  My favorite Christmas movies are Die Hard 1 & 2.  

I watched one episode of the Office years ago and didn't like it.  The reason All in the Family and the Office worked was because the audience was supposed to think Archie Bunker and Michael Scott were wrong for saying the things they said.  

They touched on something but didn't have time to really discuss it.  When they were talking about how African Americans were portrayed in films from the 30s and 40s Joy said they were portrayed as dumb and with servant jobs.  Whoopi said because that was the reality. I hope she meant the jobs and not that they were dumb.   I remember when Mad Men was on and some people criticized it for showing women in a certain way.  They weren't in managerial positions.  A lot of women looked the other way when their husbands cheated.  Unfortunately that was the reality for a lot of women during that time period.  

Movies and TV shows that show things that are considered offensive is not easy to do.  I don't think All in the Family could be made today.

• Applause 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, KittyQ said:

THAT'S what it's called!!??  I have a regular in my life who actually personifies that definition.  (A ****ing know-it-all!!)

5 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

How is it possible that no one on that panel has watched The Office?  You'd think at the very least they would have binged it during the pandemic.  And yes, Michael Scott was not an Archie Bunker character.  He was usually well intentioned but ignorant and clueless, desperately wanted to be liked and had delusions of being a comedian.  He's almost the opposite of Archie Bunker, really.  

I walked out on Blazing Saddles ... didn't think it was funny!!!  I didn't see Love Actually either (for no good reason).  The Office was okay, but didn't appeal to me on a regular basis.

(Edit:  I forgot to mention why I walked out.  I took extreme exception to the horse being punched in the head!!)

Edited by Medicine Crow
More to say.
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

Add me to the list of people who hasn't seen any of those either.  I've seen plenty of movies and shows that other people probably haven't seen.  In my circles it would be just as weird to say you haven't seen the Best Man Holiday or Living Single as it is for some to hear Sunny hasn't watched Love Actually or the Office.  Or why some people don't understand why multiple guests on the View gush about Whoopi and her contributions to the world of entertainment.   We all have our bubbles that influence what media we consume.    

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Add me to the list of people who hasn't seen any of those either.  I've seen plenty of movies and shows that other people probably haven't seen.  In my circles it would be just as weird to say you haven't seen the Best Man Holiday or Living Single as it is for some to hear Sunny hasn't watched Love Actually or the Office.  Or why some people don't understand why multiple guests on the View gush about Whoopi and her contributions to the world of entertainment.   We all have our bubbles that influence what media we consume.    

Off topic but do you ever watch the show Home Economics?  Kim Coles was on last week.  She played the mother of one of the main characters and it weirded me out that she was old enough to play a grandmother.  Anyway, I've also seen both Best Man Holiday and Living Single.  Used to love Living Single back in the day (my favorite character was Maxine) and I liked Best Man Holiday (though I didn't think it was as good as The Best Man).

3 hours ago, KittyQ said:

You'd really have to watch The Best Man for the Best Man Holiday to make any sense.  As unnecessary sequels go, it was decent.  Instead of making a third film, they're doing a limited series that's releasing on Peacock later this month.

I didn't care for the Holiday.  I liked all the actors in it but wasn't a fan of any of the characters they played (And I'm beginning to feel that I watch too many movies/shows, since I've seen every one that's been discussed in this thread recently.  In my defense, the majority of them came out when I was in high school or my twenties, when I had a lot of time to watch stuff).

• Love 3
On 12/6/2022 at 3:46 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

The LGBT topic was, as said above, a complete trainwreck. I think Sunny was the only one that got it right that it's about a protected class being denied. Alyssa in particular trying to frame a cake or any other product as "speech" was particularly eyeroll-worthy, you can see through her framing from a mile away. Sara is just nails on chalkboard these days.

I know it's an UO here (oh, well), but I often find Sunny to be subtly hilarious with the way she puts on to get her disagreements out there when she knows the others are just going to throw cold water on anything she says. Between her during the older woman discussion and then "It's just a picture" to Sara and Alyssa, she was probably the best part for me today. The only thing that topped it was the last thing on Joy's list about pros for dating a younger man being you might need an organ someday. 😄

Completely agree. Imo you can see it in Sunny's eyes she's being playful. 

• Like 1
  • Wink 3
  • Applause 1
10 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

I mean, I didn't care for Blazing Saddles or Love Actually and only liked the first few seasons of The Office, but I've seen all of them.  

I wonder if age has anything to do with is.  I was almost 34 when Blazing Saddles came out...the mother of two little boys, so I finally got used to fart jokes AND farts!  I tried to watch all episodes of "The Office," but when a marathon is shown I find myself watching something "entirely new."  I ended up buying a BIG boxed set, having no idea when I'll watch it.  The perfect spot?  I was in the hospital recently, but they had no DVD ability.  When I got home...I just didn't feel like it.  I'll have to watch Blazing Saddles again--when I have enough "digital credit" on Amazon to make streaming it FREE!

• LOL 1
9 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

I watched one episode of the Office years ago and didn't like it.  The reason All in the Family and the Office worked was because the audience was supposed to think Archie Bunker and Michael Scott were wrong for saying the things they said.  

Our family watched the British version of The Office and loved it.  When the American show started, it took awhile for us to cozy up to ANY of the characters.  Eventually they won us over--clever writing and very good acting.  I think one reason America's The Office was popular was that  many of us had bosses who were annoying, worthless, condescending jerks--and it was nice to see a comical spin put on them.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

My favorite Christmas movies are Die Hard 1 & 2.  

BG147, have you ever seen "Love Hard" on Netflix?  It's a cute rom-com where the woman says her favorite Xmas movie is "Die Hard" and the guy says "That is NOT a Christmas movie!"🤭

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
4 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

BG147, have you ever seen "Love Hard" on Netflix?  It's a cute rom-com where the woman says her favorite Xmas movie is "Die Hard" and the guy says "That is NOT a Christmas movie!"🤭

Never seen Love Hard.  But I will fight with someone who says Die Hard is not a Christmas movie.  The first two are set at Christmas. The  holiday is referenced throughout the movies and there are holiday decorations.  

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 2
19 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What a hot mess of a show today.

That discussion on the mother who said the girlfriend was unattractive took a really ugly turn. Only people with certain IQs are worthy of love? I didn't care for that whole discussion. The mother is a fucking asshole-what is there to discuss? Ugly grandchildren? What in the ever loving  hell is that? Who says shit like that? I feel for Sunnys kids. I really do. I have a mother that I can never quite meet her standards and it really sucks. 

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

That discussion on the mother who said the girlfriend was unattractive took a really ugly turn. Only people with certain IQs are worthy of love? I didn't care for that whole discussion. The mother is a fucking asshole-what is there to discuss? Ugly grandchildren? What in the ever loving  hell is that? Who says shit like that? I feel for Sunnys kids. I really do. I have a mother that I can never quite meet her standards and it really sucks. 

Speaking as a new grandmother, I would love that baby girl no matter what she looked like. She just happens to be the most beautiful baby ever.  With that being said Sunny isn't wrong.  Attractive people are treated better in society.  I also agree with her about brains ultimately being more important.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

I cant stand it when Whoopi “poops” all over their conversations with her eye-rolls

WHOOPI The Pontificator!!  It's exhausting.  She's SO WRONG in the Charlize Theron conversation (beginning with her constant mispronunciation of THERON).  I'd bet Kim K COULD walk into Warner Bros. with a fully-formed project in mind and get a movie made.  Sara is correct in this instance.  Apparently Whoopi doesn't understand The Power of Kim.  She starts to wiggle around near the end of the conversation.  She's SO accustomed to be The All-Knowing Whoopi.  I wonder what people in strategy meetings with her say when she leaves the room.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

Speaking as a new grandmother, I would love that baby girl no matter what she looked like. She just happens to be the most beautiful baby ever.  With that being said Sunny isn't wrong.  Attractive people are treated better in society.  I also agree with her about brains ultimately being more important.

Sometimes that "ultimately" just takes way too long.   My first baby ugly-ish for the first few weeks...but definitely wasn't cute for quite awhile. Wonderful, easy, quiet baby.  Perhaps something is wrong with me that I was truly objective about my own baby.  I've written here before about the people who "found something good to say," like, "OH! Ummm...what blue eyes."  He did/does have fabulous blue eyes.  He finally was a cutie at around two years old...but his "ugly years" were early enough that they didn't scar him.  His younger brother, however, was Beautiful at Birth!  One of those C-section babies who comes out ready for a Gerber ad.  Definitely not easy or quiet.

• Like 2

I was glad that the panel acknowledged that there are other Americans incarcerated in Russia who have been there much longer than Britney Griner was. I sincerely hope that they will follow through on their promises to lobby for the release of those Americans and not let their efforts dwindle now that Britney has been released. Unfortunately, Sunny again made it sound as though Britney was unable to make a living any way other than playing basketball in Russia, saying that this (the fact that she was in Russia to play when she was arrested) is why women in professional leagues need to make the same exorbitant salaries that the men do. Maybe the question should be why the teams are paying the men so much. Anyway, if I were Britney, I'd never step foot in Russia again for love or money, and I'd make every effort to help my fellow Americans in jail there be released, because I now know how brutal it is. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

Is it "safe" to be using the term WRONGLY CONVICTED on American television when discussing Russia-imprisoned Brittney Griner?  Do we want to make matters worse for Americans over there?

Sara said "the punishment doesn't fit the crime."  That's more like it.  Ms. Griner DID smuggle (the dictionary definition) illicit material into Russia, and she did plead Guilty.  I don't want the Russian authorities to obtain unnecessary evidence from an American talk show.  Look up "Poke the Bear."

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, bluegirl147 said:

Never seen Love Hard.  But I will fight with someone who says Die Hard is not a Christmas movie.  The first two are set at Christmas. The  holiday is referenced throughout the movies and there are holiday decorations.  

Ditto BG, it is a Holiday movie

3 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Same.  I could never warm up to the US version, it had lost the bite the Brit version was so good at.

Two words....Ricky Gervais.  The British version rocked!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I am just not here for hearing any grown adult call a child ugly. Yes, society treats conventionally attractive better in some ways. There is definitely a down side as well.  But I don't think even joking about fixing an ugly grandchild's looks is acceptable. We need to fight against these bullshit norms and not conform to them. 

• Applause 12
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I am just not here for hearing any grown adult call a child ugly. Yes, society treats conventionally attractive better in some ways. There is definitely a down side as well.  But I don't think even joking about fixing an ugly grandchild's looks is acceptable. We need to fight against these bullshit norms and not conform to them. 

I could totally see Sunny "suggest" to Paloma or Gabriel to have her grandkid's nose fixed if she thought they weren't pretty enough.  

Looks are way too important to Sunny.  Remember she said Manny has never seen her without makeup.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
On 12/7/2022 at 3:39 PM, bluegirl147 said:

I've seen the Holiday and I've seen Best Man Holiday. I like the Holiday better.  BMH isn't bad. It's just a different type of movie from the Holiday.  I've seen Love Actually and it's OK but I don't want to watch it every year.  My favorite Christmas movies are Die Hard 1 & 2.  

They touched on something but didn't have time to really discuss it.  When they were talking about how African Americans were portrayed in films from the 30s and 40s Joy said they were portrayed as dumb and with servant jobs.  Whoopi said because that was the reality. I hope she meant the jobs and not that they were dumb.   I remember when Mad Men was on and some people criticized it for showing women in a certain way.  They weren't in managerial positions.  A lot of women looked the other way when their husbands cheated.  Unfortunately that was the reality for a lot of women during that time period.  

Movies and TV shows that show things that are considered offensive is not easy to do.  I don't think All in the Family could be made today.

Me too on Die Hard.

So demoralizing today, as parent of an adult (f'g handsome, BTW!) person with Ye Old Special Needs, yet fully self-supporting, A.A. degreed, A+ I.T. certified, to hear the entire panel agree that "morons" need not apply.  The discussion went WAY beyond a microagression, ASUNCION, et al!  Truly, perceived intelligence/aptitude is the last area where "jokes" are allowed in seemingly "decent" society.  (FYI-I belonged to Mensa until a coupla years ago, when I decided the membership dues weren't worth it for me; I got into Mensa based on grad school admission test results.  You never know what the genes really hold - I'd had all available prenatal tests & there were no issues in our family...) 

• Applause 4
On 12/6/2022 at 9:01 PM, munchiewoman said:

Dismissing her stress and anxiety in that condescending way really pissed me off.  And didn't she see Sara's guilty face?  What kind of friend is she?

re Sunny: Fair weather?  But only the fairest of the weather in the swankiest areas of The Hamptons, with only the most wealthy and POSH friends.  Those would be my guess.   And poor Manny...he's Sunny's best friend.  Apparently he never gets chooses to go anywhere without her--and she forgets all the times she goes places with her girlfriends (no husbands; no kids).

• Love 1
4 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

I could totally see Sunny "suggest" to Paloma or Gabriel to have her grandkid's nose fixed if she thought they weren't pretty enough.  

I have a friend who had her daughter's nose fixed TWICE ... once when she was in high school--but my friend was never satisfied, "I want her to have a cute little nose like mine!"  The next time was after she graduated from college with degree(s), including a PhD...but before she moved to another state for her PostDoc work.   Any wonder why the daughter met someone at work. married him and moved to his country (Germany) to stay there and raise three (so far) children?

4 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

Looks are way too important to Sunny.  Remember she said Manny has never seen her without makeup.

I wonder when Sunny started having cosmetic surgery...and how many nose jobs there have been.

JUST remembered...the friend mentioned above: when her son was in high school, she INSISTED that he get "the best" toupe` and she "had better never see him without it.  

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 2

Whoopi was annoying yesterday, but she was a full-blown asshole today. Jeez. I don't care what she says, the Kardashians are NOT good actors and they definitely aren't role models. Ever since Whoopi and her family did that reality TV show some years ago, she won't allow anything less than worship for the Kardashians from anybody, ugh.

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Loved The Office. It's my comfort show when I want a break from the news, reality TV, and sad dramas. Saw Love Actually, but didn't see it as a masterpiece. Never saw Blazing Saddles. 

I think you have to be in the right mood for Blazing Saddles. Like most Mel Brooks movies, it is very silly, although the humor has a lot of "bite" to it. If you are easily offended by anything, it might not be the movie for you. 

The (US) Office grew on me. I disliked Season 1 but gradually got into the rest of the series. I don't often revisit it, though. 

• Useful 1
3 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

I think you have to be in the right mood for Blazing Saddles. Like most Mel Brooks movies, it is very silly, although the humor has a lot of "bite" to it. If you are easily offended by anything, it might not be the movie for you. 

The (US) Office grew on me. I disliked Season 1 but gradually got into the rest of the series. I don't often revisit it, though. 

I'd say I'm in the middle as far as being offended by things. I'm not super sensitive since I enjoy The Office. But I don't love bathroom humor, stuff that's gratuitous, etc. Like the porn rehearsing in Love Actually, why? 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Whoopi was annoying yesterday, but she was a full-blown asshole today. Jeez. I don't care what she says, the Kardashians are NOT good actors and they definitely aren't role models. Ever since Whoopi and her family did that reality TV show some years ago, she won't allow anything less than worship for the Kardashians from anybody, ugh.

That was all kinds of confusing. At first it seemed like Whoopi was saying even with all her money and who cares how many followers Kim has, if she had the influence and wanted to make movies, she would have already and she hasn’t and no one will give her a…meeting if you will. But then she ends it with how AMAAAAAAZING she was by how she handled that sex tape and had the support of her famewhore ambitious mother and sisters and marketed themselves. UGH. Like that’s something to be proud of.

So Sara’s okay if Max cheats on her and it’s not a deal breaker, but falling in love with someone else is THE END? Alrighty then.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I'd say I'm in the middle as far as being offended by things. I'm not super sensitive since I enjoy The Office. But I don't love bathroom humor, stuff that's gratuitous, etc. Like the porn rehearsing in Love Actually, why? 

Offhand I would say that Blazing Saddles isn't for you. If you've watched other Mel Brooks films and enjoyed them, you might like Blazing Saddles, but his humor can be on the low end at times. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So Sara you a okay if Max cheats on her and it’s not a deal breaker, but falling in love with someone else is THE END? Alrighty then.

I didn't get that either, I guess I'm more like Joy and Sunny. I mean, it would be over if someone I was with was "in love with" someone else, too, of course, but at least I think I could part amicably depending on the scenario. Sex, on the other hand, is an action and you can control your actions more than feelings. At least, I know emotions sometimes happen unexpectedly or uncontrollably.

9 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Unfortunately, Sunny again made it sound as though Britney was unable to make a living any way other than playing basketball in Russia, saying that this (the fact that she was in Russia to play when she was arrested) is why women in professional leagues need to make the same exorbitant salaries that the men do. Maybe the question should be why the teams are paying the men so much.

I disagree. I think Sunny was right that this story spotlights the uneven salaries between women and men in the same career. I don't think someone needs to be poor to "deserve" being paid equal to their male counterparts.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So Sara’s okay if Max cheats on her and it’s not a deal breaker, but falling in love with someone else is THE END? Alrighty then.

MTE.

1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I didn't get that either, I guess I'm more like Joy and Sunny. I mean, it would be over if someone I was with was "in love with" someone else, too, of course, but at least I think I could part amicably depending on the scenario. Sex, on the other hand, is an action and you can control your actions more than feelings. At least, I know emotions sometimes happen unexpectedly or uncontrollably.

Exactly! What if Max had a female coworker he had to work closely with who's beautiful, kind, funny, and he developed feelings after spending a lot of time with her, maybe had to travel for work together, etc. You have to be careful with friendships with the opposite sex because it doesn't take a whole lot to develop somewhat of a bond. That's why some people have strict rules as far as no friends both husband and wife aren't friends with, no phone calls/texts past a certain hour, etc. Some people think that's too much, but I can understand the reasoning behind it all to protect your marriage as a single gal. 

On the other hand, you don't trip and fall into someone's vagina. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Wink 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

Why would Sunny say that since her children have Black noses and that would be anti-Black.  Sunny is far from that.. Plus, Sunny would love her grandchildren no matter what.. 

I disagree. I think Sunny was right that this story spotlights the uneven salaries between women and men in the same career. I don't think someone needs to be poor to "deserve" being paid equal to their male counterparts.

Women in all professions get paid less than men and women have the right to ask for parity.. I remember years ago actresses in Hollywood were complaining about this when it comes to their male counterparts.. Should they not get parity because they make a lot of money anyway..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Let's be real.  The WNBA doesn't pull in anywhere near the amount the NBA does.  From what I could find online, the WNBA makes about $60 million a year, whereas the NBA makes about $7.5 billion.  If the WNBA was selling tickets, merch, etc like the NBA, then you could make a case for equal pay but when one brings in 125 times more revenue, they're not going to pay the same.  In a perfect world scenario, yes, there'd be as much interest in female athletics as there is in male but for the majority of sports, that's just not the case.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I'd say I'm in the middle as far as being offended by things. I'm not super sensitive since I enjoy The Office. But I don't love bathroom humor, stuff that's gratuitous, etc.

I'm 82...and proud of it!  My boys were born in '66 and '68.  Their dad dumped us in '79.  I had been a Cub Scout Den Mother and LOVED having those little boys hang around (our house was at the end of a cul de sac...so largest back yard).  Some of them STILL come around because I was laidback about most of their antics--non-judgmental.  I probably turned into a pre-teen boy and kept that gross sense of humor for the rest of my life (so far).  Gratuitous?  I'll take it!  Bathroom humor...I'm immune.  My preference is droll, dry, urbane, quick witted humor--stuff like that.  I'm VERY picky when it comes to stand-up.

SLAPSTICK HUMOR?  Grounds for divorce, dismissal, and the gallows.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1