Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Most middle class people can afford them and he appears to be middle class.  Also if you really want one you can find one.  They may not be on the shelf at Target but you can track them down.  Kim found one and she is no genius.

I said depending on the time of filming. For months, when it came out, they were tough the get. I know what I'm talking about. I work for FedEx. I remember the demand. It went for a while with people stealing and selling. Warehouses freaking out over all the orders. It's still in demand but it takes a while for inventory to catch up with demand in the early going for really popular stuff. And sure middle class can afford it in theory. Depending on what else you have going on, you may not be able to. It cost over 500 dollars for just the system. It is not cheap. This was a big get and most people, especially in the son's age range, would be thrilled period.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I said depending on the time of filming. For months, when it came out, they were tough the get. I know what I'm talking about. I work for FedEx. I remember the demand. It went for a while with people stealing and selling. Warehouses freaking out over all the orders. It's still in demand but it takes a while for inventory to catch up with demand in the early going for really popular stuff. And sure middle class can afford it in theory. Depending on what else you have going on, you may not be able to. It cost over 500 dollars for just the system. It is not cheap. This was a big get and most people, especially in the son's age range, would be thrilled period.

Forums are for different opinions not to pressure someone to agree with you by insisting you know what you are talking about.  Please be civil.  When they first came out they were scarce but have been available for a long time.  I know tons of people who have had them for a long time.  This wasn’t filmed two years ago.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Like 2
14 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Forums are for different opinions not to pressure someone to agree with you by insisting you know what you are talking about.  Please be civil.  When they first came out they were scarce but have been available for a long time.  I know tons of people who have had them for a long time.  This wasn’t filmed two years ago.

I'm not trying to pressure anything.

All I have been trying to say this entire time is, the response of wow its a PS5 big whoop or Usman is treating Jamal like a child with this gift is missing how many adults have and want the system. Also, the huge demand for them. They were a hot ticket item for a long time. Not just when it rolled out in 2020. Just as recently as last month, Sony reported that a chip shortage is causing the PS5 to be out of stock at many places. There has always been problems fully keeping them in stock even though it's much much better now. It was a cool gift given the circumstances and Jamal's reaction, imo, was appropriate given the circumstances. I have zero interest in a video game system at this point and I would be hyped.

Edited by Racj82
24 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

I'm not trying to pressure anything.

All I have been trying to say this entire time is, the response of wow its a PS5 big whoop or Usman is treating Jamal like a child with this gift is missing how many adults have and want the system. Also, the huge demand for them. They were a hot ticket item for a long time. Not just when it rolled out in 2020. Just as recently as last month, Sony reported that a chip shortage is causing the PS5 to be out of stock at many places. There has always been problems fully keeping them in stock even though it's much much better now. It was a cool gift given the circumstances and Jamal's reaction, imo, was appropriate given the circumstances. I have zero interest in a video game system at this point and I would be hyped.

Twenty million have been sold, they are everywhere.

12 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Twenty million have been sold, they are everywhere.

You can stop responding now. Moving on. Have a good one.

I must say I agree with everyone who says they keep so much of this show on fast forward.

I find Angela yelling, Andrei yelling, Sumit and Jenny having the same issue every week, the constant Bilal drama and Ed's main squeeze being so dour most of the time very tiring. But, it does help make the show fly by.

I'm remaining surprised that really do think Usman loves Kim. He manipulates too much or hides facts but I think his feelings are real.

• Love 2

OMFG can we just draw a line under the PS5 shit, nobody here really gives a fuck or they would be off playing on theirs or on a Playstation message board and this isn't the place to be trying to prove who is right about its availability or lack thereof, it's fucking boring.

Let's get back to discussing how delusional these people are.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I fast forward through much of the show.  Since a lot of it is closed-captioned, I read what they're saying.  It's so much of "You make me mad by doing X, I'm going to do Y".  Just change out the couples, it's all the same.

Michael only likes Angela's monthly check.  He's probably secretly glad that he's been declined entry to the U.S., so he can stay at home while his "wife" sends him money.

Usman only wants to get to the U.S. to become SojaBoy famous.  I like Kimberly.  I find her to have a good heart, be a caring mom, and a good soul.  She's walking right into being so used by him.  She puts up a fight (about a second wife, or adopting his nephew), but ultimately keeps giving in.  

Bilal & Shaeeda:  I want a child.  I don't want a child.  Well I want one.  Well I don't.  Season:  complete. 

Sumit & Jenny:  He enjoys her money, and the fact that he can work (i.e. get out of the house) when he wants to.  He ain't coming to the U.S.  Jenny should do the honorable thing and just come back home and let him repair his relationship with his family.  His mother is nuts (mine was so much the same), but if he wants any relationship with his family at all, he's going to have to appease her.  BTDT; it won't get better until he bows down to his all-powerful mother.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

OMFG can we just draw a line under the PS5 shit, nobody here really gives a fuck or they would be off playing on theirs or on a Playstation message board and this isn't the place to be trying to prove who is right about its availability or lack thereof, it's fucking boring.

Let's get back to discussing how delusional these people are.

I literally stopped the discussion and pivoted the conversation already. It's all good.

46 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

I fast forward through much of the show.  Since a lot of it is closed-captioned, I read what they're saying.  It's so much of "You make me mad by doing X, I'm going to do Y".  Just change out the couples, it's all the same.

The redundant nature of this season in particular has reminded why i ducked on this franchise for years. They need shorter episodes or a shorter season for real.

• Love 2

Jenny should do the honorable thing and just come back home and let him repair his relationship with his family.

At least so far, though, Sumit hasn't asked her to do that. He doesn't even say that he wants her to do that. Jenny wants to stay married to Sumit so, without any contrary feedback from him, why would she leave him?

I wish Sumit would just accept that he can have Jenny or he can have his relationship with his parents, then pick one. I can't believe he still thinks there is a shot for him to have both.

1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

At least so far, though, Sumit hasn't asked her to do that. He doesn't even say that he wants her to do that. Jenny wants to stay married to Sumit so, without any contrary feedback from him, why would she leave him?

I wish Sumit would just accept that he can have Jenny or he can have his relationship with his parents, then pick one. I can't believe he still thinks there is a shot for him to have both.

It's always going to be an either or situation. The sooner they both realize that, the happier we all will be.

I have to say that I enjoyed Angela's perplexed reaction to Michael calling her bluff and saying "ok, I'm done. You said I should leave if I don't like your friendship with [Canadian guy]. Her look as she sat, bedraggled and creased and hoarse, in the bed, was priceless.  Too bad he took her back though. I definitely didn't need to watch their wriggling lump in the bed after "making up." But wait!!! Angie has another reason to be righteously indignant. "THE GOOFBALLS" are back! And they are such a bad influence!

I really did not like watching Liz and her trials. This woman has more issues than the New York Times and they do NOT need to be aired on TLC, nor will they be resolved with a "relationship" with creepy Ed that she desperately wants to appear "stable" for a judge. A young woman who has been through multiple marriages/divorces, and has a young child she has basically no custody rights to is seriously messed up. Add to that the fact that she appears to drink- a lot- and loves to fight and have dramatic scenes over her "relationship" and it's quite frankly a little too dysfunctional to watch.

I like Jamal, but his orgasmic excitement over a PS5 brought him down a few notches for me. Why are electronics a means to someone's loyalty on these shows?

Yara, yes- you are a grown woman who made a choice to start a family and have a baby. It's not all about you, honey; when you committed to Jovi and had his baby you must have realized that there would be some sacrifices. Of course, now we see that her ulterior motive was to be on TV, try to peddle her "Brand" (whatever that is) and leave Jovi in the dirt. I'm no fan of his, but I'm team Jovi right now. She is a conniving little thing.  And no, Jovi- adding another child to the mix is not gonna help you. Yara seems to pawn off the one that you already have any chance she can get.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Yara, yes- you are a grown woman who made a choice to start a family and have a baby. It's not all about you, honey; when you committed to Jovi and had his baby you must have realized that there would be some sacrifices. Of course, now we see that her ulterior motive was to be on TV, try to peddle her "Brand" (whatever that is) and leave Jovi in the dirt. I'm no fan of his, but I'm team Jovi right now. She is a conniving little thing. 

Jovi needs to let Yara stay in Europe (if "let" is the correct word).  He just needs to take the baby back home with him.  His Mom will help him out, short-term, while Yara does her own thing.  Long-term, find a permanent day care solution.  Who cares what Yara does? Problem solved.

Edited by albarino
1 hour ago, albarino said:

Jovi needs to let Yara stay in Europe (if "let" is the correct word).  He just needs to take the baby back home with him.  His Mom will help him out, short-term, while Yara does her own thing.  Long-term, find a permanent day care solution.  Who cares what Yara does? Problem solved.

Except that Jovi's work requires him to be gone three weeks at a time. That's more than daycare or his mom "helping out" can fill.

Why can't Yara be in Europe when Jovi is away and home while he is there? Problem solved in the short term. In the long term, Jovi needs to consider that they might have to live elsewhere long term if Yara hates NO so much. It can still be in the US but maybe not where they are now. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 2