Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Ambush in Paradise

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, hottesthw said:

That could all be easily resolved if Chris didn’t want to be a main character on a HOUSEWIFE show. He won’t go away. And when he’s there he likes to insert himself self in whatever his wife is involved in. The creepy Australian guy did that too, and looked how it worked out for him. 

Candice joined a show where the main objective is to expose everything that is wrong with all of your cast mates and one by one you all get a turn of being the villain. Candiace thinks she is special enough that she can come on this show and only put out the edited version of her life that serves her the most/best. And she blows up like a toddler when someone calls her on her shit. Leave the show then if it’s too much for you and your family. Lots of other HW put their family’s well being first and left, she too can do the same. She chooses to stay and be a shit stirrer. That’s on her. Welcome to the big time!  

I’m sure Chris’s baby mama doesn’t mind him being on the show so she gets her child support checks. Chris probably didn’t expect the ladies to turn on him but I don’t think it will cause him any harm.

• Love 1
On 12/6/2022 at 2:18 PM, hottesthw said:

And Ashely’s husband was being accused of actions that held very serious legal consequences for him. She had every right to defend him if she chose to, no matter how stupid.

She does have every right to defend him. However, they are at least two instances caught on film that air of Michael grabbing a man’s but, and one was definitely a grab not a slap.

8 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I’m sure Chris’s baby mama doesn’t mind him being on the show so she gets her child support checks. Chris probably didn’t expect the ladies to turn on him but I don’t think it will cause him any harm.

Well, I have a totally different viewpoint than you. They weren’t just bad mouthing Chris and talking smack, they were making serious accusations of sexually inappropriate behavior which could great negatively affect them and jobs and work opportunities.

Mia was already proven to be a liar by the producers.

I just rewatched last season, and Mia said that Chris was attracted to her because he wouldn’t make eye contact with her. 

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Her child support checks won't come from this show. Chris said the husbands don't get paid. He only films to support Candiace.  

3 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

She does have every right to defend him. However, they are at least two instances caught on film that air of Michael grabbing a man’s but, and one was definitely a grab not a slap.

Well, I have a totally different viewpoint Han you. They weren’t just bad mouthing Chris and talking smack, they were making serious accusations of sexually inappropriate behavior which could great negatively affect them and jobs and work opportunities.

I just rewatched last season, and Mia said that Chris was attracted to her because he wouldn’t make eye contact with her. 

Lots of people on social media are telling them to quit the show. Not because they don't like them, but because they don't think the toxicity is worth any amount of money. 

I hope they both read the life out of Gizelle,  Ashley and Mia.

• Applause 3
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

It all started with Mia telling the women she was 30, no 33, no 35...and having something done to her lady bits because of giving birth vaginally, no she had a c section, she needed the work done on her lady bits because she and G get it in so much, the producers probably have so much fun editing her, exposing the lies she tells.

Chris could not make eye contact with Mia because it hurt too much and now we have seen her sans makeup and possibly her upper teeth, yikes!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
On 12/8/2022 at 4:12 PM, Stats Queen said:

Well, I have a totally different viewpoint than you. They weren’t just bad mouthing Chris and talking smack, they were making serious accusations of sexually inappropriate behavior which could great negatively affect them and jobs and work opportunities.

I 100% agree with this. It’s one thing to repeat allegations that you know to be true but it’s a whole other thing to smear an innocent person just for a storyline. Like that’s low, even by Housewives standards. And Chris has a legitimate job where these types of allegations could certainly impact him. Maybe they won’t in this case, because the editors seem to be going out of their way to demonstrate that the claims are false, but that wasn’t a given. 

AND! Every time you lie about something like this, you make it that much harder for the next woman to report a legitimate experience of harassment. Oh it makes me so ANGRY, people! 

• Like 3
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, ladle said:

Every time you lie about something like this, you make it that much harder for the next woman to report a legitimate experience of harassment. Oh it makes me so ANGRY, people! 

This is what Candiace said, both on and off the show, and people are acting like she's being hysterical and making things up.

We've seen Michael be inappropriate around the cast and crew.

We've seen G be inappropriate around the cast and crew.

We've seen Chris Samuels express violent wishes towards the cast.

Even Juan was seen on the previews telling Robyn he wanted to cuss the cast out.

We've never seen Chris Bassett be inappropriate to the cast or crew.  Nobody believes it. That's why this sad attempted takedown of Candiace is a fail. Chris isn't responsible for Gizelle's boundaries. Chris is being asked to apologize for violating Gizelle's never before stated boundaries, which he shouldn't do.  What he should do is say he will not engage any of them (not a hey, not a hi, not a bye) unless Candiace is present and if Gizelle, Ashley, Ashley's friend and Mia are so triggered by Chris's "sexual harassment" of them, they should be fine with that.

Because they were just telling Candiace so Candiace could make Chris stop engaging with them, right?

Something tells me they will all be bothered and pissed with Candiace when Chris pays them dust in the future, though.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
On 12/7/2022 at 6:19 PM, Chatty Cake said:

Even Gizzy had to admit she didn’t know why she was uncomfortable she just can’t be around a married man. 🙄

That's the other thing! Ugggh! What kind of sick, sad world does this woman live in where just being in a room alone with a person of a different gender is somehow an issue? 

The only way this would make sense would be if Gizelle had some sort of prior trauma which made it difficult for her to be alone in a room with a male. And even in that case, the solution would be a quick, private conversation with Chris and maybe Candiace ("Hey, this makes me uncomfortable for x reason. Thanks for understanding!") not something to be saved up and publicly weaponized. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
5 hours ago, ladle said:

That's the other thing! Ugggh! What kind of sick, sad world does this woman live in where just being in a room alone with a person of a different gender is somehow an issue? 

The only way this would make sense would be if Gizelle had some sort of prior trauma which made it difficult for her to be alone in a room with a male. And even in that case, the solution would be a quick, private conversation with Chris and maybe Candiace ("Hey, this makes me uncomfortable for x reason. Thanks for understanding!") not something to be saved up and publicly weaponized. 

Something can be an issue, but that doesn't equate to the other person having wronged you. Recently I went to a boutique to pick up an item I ordered and they said I could try it on first. However there were only 4 dressing rooms, and a guest chair. There was a lady in the furthermost room, stepping in and out modeling in front of her husband, sitting in the chair.  If the dressing rooms had doors, I wouldn't have hesitated, but they had curtains which weren't closing properly so I asked the sales lady if that had another dressing room. She then politely asked the gentleman to step away from the dressing room. 

Although I was in an uncomfortable situation, nobody owed me an apology.  Even if he hadn't moved, I would have just taken my items home. End of story.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

Something can be an issue, but that doesn't equate to the other person having wronged you. Recently I went to a boutique to pick up an item I ordered and they said I could try it on first. However there were only 4 dressing rooms, and a guest chair. There was a lady in the furthermost room, stepping in and out modeling in front of her husband, sitting in the chair.  If the dressing rooms had doors, I wouldn't have hesitated, but they had curtains which weren't closing properly so I asked the sales lady if that had another dressing room. She then politely asked the gentleman to step away from the dressing room. 

Although I was in an uncomfortable situation, nobody owed me an apology.  Even if he hadn't moved, I would have just taken my items home. End of story.

I don't disagree with any of this! I'm just saying, the only way I could see it making sense that Gizelle refuses to be in a room alone with a man is if she had some sort of prior trauma. And even in that case-- which I don't think is the case!!-- I'd expect her to maybe give a quiet heads up to Chris/Candiace about that. Not because they would have "wronged" her but because he'd likely avoid being alone with her in the future. 

Also, don't even get me started about how this "can't be alone with the other gender" mentality disproportionately harms women in business!

• Like 3

Here's the real question someone should ask Gizelle "When did you start feeling uncomfortable being in a room alone with a married man? Has this always been your policy or was there something specific that caused you to have this concern?"

Because my bet is that she has this "issue" only when it's convenient to her. She isn't pulling a Mike Pence and either bringing someone to every meeting she takes with someone who's married or in the alternative refusing to meet if she can't be guaranteed that some third party will be there. I guarantee that she meets with the male on-set producers on her own all the time.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1