Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Horses in Heaven

Artsda
  • Start Topic

My hate for bad hair Beth continues to grow this week.  Just leave Jamie alone.  How does she not know that woman that works for Silver Hair?  Isn't she supposed to be in the know about all things?

Still hate Monica too, but loved the scene at the grave site with her and John.  

This show is boring me and I must not have been paying much attention as I totally didn't get why John was curious about Governor's pardoning powers.  So, I was surprised to see environmental girl show up at the end.  I thought she was gone for good.  

All dogs go to heaven, so of course, all horses go to heaven too. 🐎 😇

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10

Jaime sure buffaloed that woman who wanted Beth charged with Aggravated Assault, but that probably is not far from realistic.  Making insulting remarks to someone does not constitute assault, as he claimed.  Hitting someone first with a bottle and then fists does sure look like battery.  Too bad Jaime had one chance to show some spine at the courtroom and tell Beth to find her own way home.  Now he's in the crosshairs of the Wicked Witch Who Has No Child.  I can't really feel sorry for him getting caught sneaking off to the bathroom for some hot dirty sex.  You think at least people in that bar wouldn't recognize the Attorney General?

As soon as Claire said "You need an environmental advisor", I said "Here comes Piper."  And now she's bedded down with John.  The lengths the writers go to set up these situations.  Ditto that for the policy advisors.  Did he not know that's how state level government functions?  He's going to get burned so many times down the road on stuff he doesn't know.

Beth saying "I can't start this day sober" is her life in a nutshell.  She is so self-destructive.

Does John wear his hat everywhere?  Most people take them off indoors.

Another writing blunder, I am told, is that it's extremely bad manners to ask how much livestock you own.  It's like asking what's in your bank account.  And another rancher would certainly know that.  

1 hour ago, So unbelievable said:

All dogs go to heaven, so of course, all horses go to heaven too. 🐎 😇

They go to Critter Heaven.  It's about 3 blocks downwind from Heaven.🙂

• Like 5
  • Love 3

The Duttons keep sinking in my expectations. You have to feel sorry for whomever is in their area.    John just cannot let Jamie go live his life.  John being the governor  is like the dog chasing the car.  He’s caught it and has no clue what to do with it. The press will eat him alive.  Meanwhile Beth and  Jamie are behaving like white trash.  The press will love that too. 
I’d much rather see the cowboys in the bunkhouse 

• Like 2
  • Love 8

By far, my favorite piece of this ep was when Rip chose to honor the Natives' preparation for burial rites.  For once, there was not instant pushback that somehow one side was encroaching on the others' rights/ways.  It was two peoples coming together in shared grief ritual.  Beautiful.

Also beautiful was Monica being open to John's loving attempt to help her heal.  Among the best moments of the entire series, imo.

The advisors meeting was tremendous.  Costner was on a roll as he roasted the tool who would not see his sheer hypocrisy and tooldom.  I am NOT saying environmental concerns are baseless.  But, at some point, practicalities simply must enter into it.  However, methinks the Guv made a massive error in deciding to cover-up the unauthorized (at least I think it was) killing of the protected wolves.  He was fine to just take Rip's word over the phone.  But, when Rip owned up to everything, he really had little choice.

The roundup party was fun.  It had almost zero to do with cowboying, but it was a chance for everyone to play dress-up and for the show to create some cool video footage..  At one point, I just about counted more than one human for each animal being wrangled. 

The reunion of John and the flower girl could have been so much better.  I loved what Sheridan was trying for. He just didn't pull it off.  Too crass.  The arc does hold lots of promise, though.

The Beth goes to jail piece was just silly.  The one thing I did like was her brief discussion with her cellmate.  California girls, indeed.  Great, great, line.

So...what happened to Miss Chief of Staff?  Gone missing within a week and John has not one thing to say to her about doing her damn job?  What a huge miss.  Absurd.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Loved the scene with John and Monica. I teared up. So good. 

I liked the callback from last episode when Kayce was asking if they had to sacrifice and animal and Mo said the earth would provide. And then the horse was there. I feel nothing but pity for Rip (nothing but a cowardly yes man) but I did like his scenes at the grave site and with John. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Why has Sheridan made Jamie such a bitch? I thought he was going to cry when Beth was in the car and spotted the car seat, he should of run the bitch over when he had the chance, or leave her in jai.

Why didn't the lawyer say to Jamie there was a conflict of interest as he is Beth's "brother"? and he couldn't sit in with the witness / victim and surely she wouldn't of gone there without speaking to a lawyer herself? or is it just lazy writing by Sheridan?

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

By far, my favorite piece of this ep was when Rip chose to honor the Natives' preparation for burial rites.  For once, there was not instant pushback that somehow one side was encroaching on the others' rights/ways.  It was two peoples coming together in shared grief ritual.  Beautiful.

Also beautiful was Monica being open to John's loving attempt to help her heal.  Among the best moments of the entire series, imo.

The advisors meeting was tremendous.  Costner was on a roll as he roasted the tool who would not see his sheer hypocrisy and tooldom.  I am NOT saying environmental concerns are baseless.  But, at some point, practicalities simply must enter into it.  However, methinks the Guv made a massive error in deciding to cover-up the unauthorized (at least I think it was) killing of the protected wolves.  He was fine to just take Rip's word over the phone.  But, when Rip owned up to everything, he really had little choice.

The roundup party was fun.  It had almost zero to do with cowboying, but it was a chance for everyone to play dress-up and for the show to create some cool video footage..  At one point, I just about counted more than one human for each animal being wrangled. 

The reunion of John and the flower girl could have been so much better.  I loved what Sheridan was trying for. He just didn't pull it off.  Too crass.  The arc does hold lots of promise, though.

The Beth goes to jail piece was just silly.  The one thing I did like was her brief discussion with her cellmate.  California girls, indeed.  Great, great, line.

So...what happened to Miss Chief of Staff?  Gone missing within a week and John has not one thing to say to her about doing her damn job?  What a huge miss.  Absurd.

re bolded part:  I think Rip knew exactly what to say over the phone when asked that (or any other shady question) and John was confident that Rip would answer/lie appropriately

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

all horses go to heaven too. 🐎 😇

I certainly hope so, there are few I would love to see again.

Beth's hair never moves and most people spending a night in jail their hair looks it but hers looked bad before she went in, lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

re bolded part:  I think Rip knew exactly what to say over the phone when asked that (or any other shady question) and John was confident that Rip would answer/lie appropriately

That being true, and it was my belief the second I saw it, it was great that it happened right in front of the agents.  It gave the Guv needed time/space to figure out what the heck was going on.   He faced no personal political liability at all despite the deception.  Rip would never, ever, squeel on him.

He's in for it bigtime now that he is actively acting to hush it all.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I enjoyed this episode a lot more than the last one.  Once again, we were blessed with an absence of Jimmy, which kind of concerns me because when he comes back, I expect two episodes in a row to be 100% Jimmy.  Not looking forward to it.  I think we also didn't see Silver Hair much this time, she was barely in the episode , which made me happy.

12 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

My hate for bad hair Beth continues to grow this week.  Just leave Jamie alone.  How does she not know that woman that works for Silver Hair?  Isn't she supposed to be in the know about all things?

Still hate Monica too, but loved the scene at the grave site with her and John.  

This show is boring me and I must not have been paying much attention as I totally didn't get why John was curious about Governor's pardoning powers.  So, I was surprised to see environmental girl show up at the end.  I thought she was gone for good.  

I agree on all three.  I've always really liked Beth but it has taken me until this season to really start disliking some of the things she does.  Yes, Jamie took her to a place for an abortion that also resulted in a hysterectomy.  He said he feels bad and he's felt bad for years about it.  But that doesn't mean he doesn't get to have a child, or that Beth has the right to kill it or take it away from him.  Jamie didn't cause Beth to get pregnant.  She went to him for help.  He was just as young and inexperienced as she was and they didn't want to go to any place on the record because of who their dad was.  Beth was out of line beating on him.  I don't think he should have tried or pretended to run her over.

Jamie is a dolt as well though if he is still trying to keep the child a secret.  He went to get Beth out of jail.  What did he think was going to happen?  Of course she was going to ask for a ride home.  He should have put the car seat in the trunk.

Beth is supposed to be an astute business woman so yes, she should have known that the Honeypot was working for Silver Hair.  Not sure why she felt like she had to sneak around in that locker room (or whatever it was).  Clearly Jamie and Honeypot didn't care if anyone heard them.

11 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Jaime sure buffaloed that woman who wanted Beth charged with Aggravated Assault, but that probably is not far from realistic.  Making insulting remarks to someone does not constitute assault, as he claimed.  Hitting someone first with a bottle and then fists does sure look like battery.  Too bad Jaime had one chance to show some spine at the courtroom and tell Beth to find her own way home.  Now he's in the crosshairs of the Wicked Witch Who Has No Child.  I can't really feel sorry for him getting caught sneaking off to the bathroom for some hot dirty sex.  You think at least people in that bar wouldn't recognize the Attorney General?

I thought it was masterful of Jamie.  I agree with you that I was saying to the screen that words cannot constitute assault unless there was an accompanying act.  So since the woman didn't appear to make a move to hit Beth or even a quick step towards her, there would be no assault.  But it's the woman's fault for not having a lawyer present.  She could have asked for one as soon as Jamie said that, and said she needs to consult with one first.  Also, it's not like she signed away her rights to press charges, and the statute of limitations hasn't run, so there's nothing to stop her from talking to a lawyer at home and then coming back and pressing charges.  Right?  I do agree that she got what she deserved though, she did instigate the entire thing.  So I wonder if the bar owner can hold her partially liable for any damage to the bar.

There doesn't seem to be a thread for "1923" yet, but the full trailer looked fantastic.  When the advanced snippet was released, someone commented on an earlier thread that Elsa was narrating 1923.  An article I read said it was Helen Mirren.  But the fake southern accent did sound like Elsa.  However, in this full trailer, Helen Mirren seems to have an Irish accent, so I'm not sure what was going on with the narration for the preview trailer.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

We are supposed to be rooting for the Duttons, right?  That's usually how television works.  But I can't stand hardly any of these people.  

John, with his "straight talk", "common-sense" approach to politics, firing everyone and being his own advisor is really rubbing me the wrong way.  No experience at all?  Sure, go be governor.  Doesn't work that way with surgeons or helicopter pilots and doesn't work that way here.  Getting rid of everyone who's studied and contemplated issues, and has in-depth understanding borne of years of familiarity?  Idiot.

And Jamie bamboozling Beth's victim?  Dick.  You're only rootable to me if you're getting over on your malicious, abusive sister.

Speaking of Beth.  Oh, evil, mean Beth.  Assault and battery?  You're the governor's daughter and Chief-of-Staff.  There will be consequences.  But, who knows?  Maybe this flies in Montana.  

Bottom line?  I'm rooting for the downfall of the Duttons so I have to conclude I must be watching this wrong.

Edited by Cool Breeze
  • Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9

The writers must think we are stupid. In a highly litigious country like America an attorney can talk someone out of pressing charges just by saying "words are a form of assault so you started it"?! I'm not American but I'm pretty sure the laws of self defence are universal, you can use as much force as required to make yourself safe and stop the assault. 

Smashing a bottle over someone's head and then causing a bar fight because someone says they want to sleep with your partner is hardly enough to warrant such a response. I am surprised the woman didn't front with a lawyer, she was badly beaten. That said, and I am reading between the lines here, she probably does this kind of thing a lot and could see she was out gunned and her own history would be examined. 

John is fun to watch as he plays Governor. A little like a more level headed Trump who presses ahead with his own thing and puts the typical politicking aside which is good. That said I am amazed he got elected on an agenda of saving his own ranch but than this show has always been far fetched. 

I'm starting to sympathize for Jaimie. He is the black sheep of the family and I don't think John Snr really gets that as he still relies on him to support him. It is obvious Jamie will sell out to the highest bidder or even something decent looking in a skirt. I am surprised that he and the honey pot did it in the bathroom. Both high profile people, especially Jamie, a bit amateurish. 

Beth continues to be boring and Dutton seems to want to be surrounded by friends as per Coyote Ugly being sprung from jail. I wonder if she is going to turn on him, in the age of #metoo it is another amateur act for Dutton to want her to stay with him. I can't imagine it would be all that difficult to understand the mindset of environmental groups. I did like the early bit of the show where again John shows up the stupidity of environmental concerns in regards to solar panels and the brush that would be removed to make room for them. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Even if Beths assault victim doesn't press criminal charges, in a normal world once she learns who Beth is, a civil suit would seem to be a slam dunk. 

So if Jamie has a child seat in his car the mother of his child must still be somewhere nearby, but not a word about her this season. 

The only time I've ever heard Beth mention religion is when she kidnapped a priest last season yet she shrieks "God gave you a son !" when she learns of Jamies son . 

These are the sort of pick up truck sized plot holes that result when one showrunner is trying to write and run a half dozen shows at the same time. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, meeeechiganman said:

I'm really disappointed in this episode, they missed a great oppurtunity to tie 1883 with the burial scene , they could have mentioned and shown Elsa Dutton's Grave.  

I figured that too, thinking that was why they spent so much of the show's time around the gravesite!  But I guess not.

Edited by heatherchandler
1 hour ago, meeeechiganman said:

I'm really disappointed in this episode, they missed a great oppurtunity to tie 1883 with the burial scene , they could have mentioned and shown Elsa Dutton's Grave.  

Well, not just Elsa, I'd be interested to see the graves of James and Margaret too.  I'm curious as to how long they lived.  And I'm still curious about the heretofore unexplained second son that was seen in that one flashback.

Is there only one Dutton burial plot somewhere on the land, or are Duttons just randomly buried all over?  Elsa was buried at the foot of some tree.  And John said to Monica or Rainwater something about how his son (Lee) is buried "over there", which made it sound like the baby's grave was nowhere near the rest of the Dutton graves.

Harrison Ford plays the brother of James in "1923". And there is supposedly a "John Senior" on the show.  Presumably that person is our John's father.  So is John Senior is the grandson of Harrison Ford's character, and not James?  I wish we had seen the gravestones so maybe we get an advance preview.

Edited by blackwing
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

s there only one Dutton burial plot somewhere on the land, or are Duttons just randomly buried all over?  Elsa was buried at the foot of some tree.  And John said to Monica or Rainwater something about how his son (Lee) is buried "over there", which made it sound like the baby's grave was nowhere near the rest of the Dutton graves.

Good Question. There seemed to be several headstones at this grave site.  I wish details like this were explained at the time.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, blackwing said:

Also, it's not like she signed away her rights to press charges, and the statute of limitations hasn't run, so there's nothing to stop her from talking to a lawyer at home and then coming back and pressing charges.  Right?

Not to mention a civil suit, which doesn't require a criminal charge to go forward.  And then there's the inevitable press coverage of the Governor's daughter getting drunk and fighting in a bar.

5 hours ago, Cool Breeze said:

But, who knows?  Maybe this flies in Montana.  

It sorta does.  Montana's Congressman belted a newspaper reporter for badgering him too much, and he got away with an apology.  And was re-elected.

5 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

The best scenes for me were the burial and John comforting Monica.

I really cringed at the beginning, as it started out with John making it all about him.  I'm glad the writers saved it at the end.

4 hours ago, Msample said:

The only time I've ever heard Beth mention religion is when she kidnapped a priest last season yet she shrieks "God gave you a son !" when she learns of Jamies son . 

It really sucks to be Beth.  Even God hates her...

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I found it kind of funny Rip just went about his work day at the ranch and left her in jail. He didn't tell John, he didn't go to the courthouse to get her, he didn't even call Jamie. Beth used her phone call to get Jamie. Rip just left her there to figure it out. LOL

The tantrum over Jamie having a son and threatening to take him made me want Jamie to run her over. He's apologized, she doesn't have to accept it but stop being a psycho. The flower calling her psychopath bipolar to John wasn't wrong.

John and Monica's chat was really good, them inviting all of Monica's people but nobody for Kasey wasn't. You name him after John, bury him on John's land but don't even tell him the funeral is today? Then John still caters to Kasey to give him the job he doesn't want back to ensure he's getting a pay. If Kasey and Monica both don't work how do they support themselves and Tate?

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, LadyIrony said:

I am surprised the woman didn't front with a lawyer, she was badly beaten. That said, and I am reading between the lines here, she probably does this kind of thing a lot and could see she was out gunned and her own history would be examined. 

I doubt that Sheridan put that much thought into it.  She was there as a tourist, probably on vacation, got drunk and stupid.  But The Great Goddess Beth can never suffer the consequences of her behavior, so the assaulted woman is just written out in a stupid way. If Sheridan hadn't made her a tourist, she probably would have known Beth was the gov's daughter and Jamie's sister.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, MBayGal said:

I doubt that Sheridan put that much thought into it.  She was there as a tourist, probably on vacation, got drunk and stupid.  But The Great Goddess Beth can never suffer the consequences of her behavior, so the assaulted woman is just written out in a stupid way. If Sheridan hadn't made her a tourist, she probably would have known Beth was the gov's daughter and Jamie's sister.  

Sadly yes. I have noticed that Sheridan uses incidents as nothing more than filler at times and ways to allow other plot devices like Beth discovering the baby seat in Jamie's car. 

I haven't seen a lot of his non Yellowstone related shows but I wish he would cast better. Beth does not look like the type of woman who gets away with behaving like a petulant teenager. She isn't the type of woman that men want to rescue. I would be pretty sure that the woman would have learned quickly who Beth was afterwards though! 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Artsda said:

John and Monica's chat was really good, them inviting all of Monica's people but nobody for Kasey wasn't. You name him after John, bury him on John's land but don't even tell him the funeral is today? Then John still caters to Kasey to give him the job he doesn't want back to ensure he's getting a pay. If Kasey and Monica both don't work how do they support themselves and Tate?

If you are asking why Casey's family wasn't invited to the funeral, I think that was explained in the previous episode. When the funeral was being planned the Indian officials said Casey's father and siblings could not be there. Then when Casey talked to John about burying the child on the ranch, Casey told John that John could not be there. Casey wasn't even sure he could be there. Indian tradition and culture, I guess

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I feel that Monica named the child John because now the name "John Dutton" somewhat dies with that child and they don't have to name their presumably next son after John.  

Beth is ridiculous now and don't want her on my screen anymore.  I wish Jamie had the balls to run her over.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7

"The feeling is mutual." Jamie getting in an easy shot, lol.

How fortunate there was a horse already dead to use in the burial ceremony. If there hadn't been are Native Americans allowed to kill one of the wild horses?

Oh no, Beth now knows about Jamie's kid. He better put that child in hiding because Beth is fucking insane.

Boy did that guy pick up the wrong hitchhiker. Lucky for him he had his young daughter with him or Beth probably would've kicked him out and taken his car.

I didn't realize American Indians did ululations.

"Bipolar sociopathic daughter." That's our Beth! 🤠

OMG, is Jamie really that easy? You'd think he hadn't had sex since he was 12. Lucky for him Beth was lurking around, but Sarah was unbelievably dumb to leave her purse unattended like that.

And then Beth finds out Summer is back and in her daddy's bed again. Her day just kept getting worse and the sun hadn't even risen yet.

The threats Beth made to Jamie about his child were disgusting. A new low even for her. 

Especially since the child's mother is alive and apparently somewhere nearby. I doubt she's going to sit back and let Beth take her kid. Beth is ridiculous.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Beth is a psychotic alcoholic and if they have her kidnap or hurt Jamie's son, I will be done with Sheridan. I'm still in shock at how so many media stories laud Beth for being a strong, independent woman. She is neither of those things. Also not believing the press wouldn't be all over the new governor firing everyone and refusing to do his job. Dutton has made it clear he cares only about his ranch and will not run the state and apparently that is fine with the voters? I didn't mind the Kayce and Monica part but it feels like it is on a different show and there seems to be no connection between Kayce and Beth at all. 

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9
On 11/28/2022 at 11:43 AM, blackwing said:

He was just as young and inexperienced as she was and they didn't want to go to any place on the record because of who their dad was.

This is what I keep thinking too.  He was a kid himself.  Not his fault she whored around the bunkhouse and got knocked up. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
On 11/27/2022 at 11:24 PM, Dowel Jones said:

I can't really feel sorry for him getting caught sneaking off to the bathroom for some hot dirty sex.  You think at least people in that bar wouldn't recognize the Attorney General?

Hard to believe that no one else other than Beth had to go to the bathroom.  And wasn't that a pretty nice bathroom, with showers - was that place a country club or something?

• Like 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Hard to believe that no one else other than Beth had to go to the bathroom.  And wasn't that a pretty nice bathroom, with showers - was that place a country club or something?

All that moaning and groaning from the two of them and the shower curtain did not even flutter.

• LOL 3
19 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

OMG, is Jamie really that easy? You'd think he hadn't had sex since he was 12

When the opportunity to smash is put in front of their face, a lot of men will gladly jump on it. Not all, but a lot. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

OMG, is Jamie really that easy? You'd think he hadn't had sex since he was 12. Lucky for him Beth was lurking around, but Sarah was unbelievably dumb to leave her purse unattended like that.

Didn't the show establish that he was a 40 year old virgin?  Or was that just Beth's exaggeration and taunting?  Because I thought that the chair sex he had with his campaign manager (who became his baby mama) was his first time.

I would not at all be surprised if Silver Hair's Honeypot is only his second time.  We haven't seen him talk to any woman in between Baby Mama and this one.

2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Now that you mention it, I'm finding it hard to remember any scenes between the two of them.

Ever since they moved away from the ranch, Kayce and Monica have had zero connection to the rest of the family.  Unfortunately, I think Monica will be here to stay because she is the connection with the Native American community, and if she were gone, then we wouldn't really see Rainwater nearly as much.

16 hours ago, KittyQ said:

I thought this was in the Dutton home.  It looked like Jamie was going to take her to his bedroom or John's bedroom, then he said "no" and took her to the bathroom.  I thought that was why Honeypot said "nice bathroom".  If it was a public place or if they were still at that restaurant / country club, I don't think someone would randomly comment "nice bathroom", because a bathroom in a country club is supposed to be nice.  It'd be weird though if that was the master bathroom, because there were way too many sinks, and the master bathroom would have a lot nicer shower.

• Useful 1
On 11/29/2022 at 3:33 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Lucky for him Beth was lurking around,

I don't think that was coincidence.  I think she is stalking Jaime now since getting triggered by the car seat, and she's actively looking for anything to burn him down.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

According to this recap, Jamie and Honeypot were at a restaurant/bar, and they went into the bathroom to have sex.

https://ew.com/tv/recaps/yellowstone-season-5-episode-4/

Jamie's also having an awkward meeting of sorts. He and Sarah Atwood  are having that business date to help find a civil way forward, but their verbal sparring at dinner quickly turns to flirting at the bar. They both admit to feeling "irresponsible" and sprint to the bathroom to act on their impulses. Beth is also in the restaurant, spying on her brother from behind a glass of whiskey. She secretly follows the couple and, while they're having sex in a stall, snaps a pic of Sarah's driver's license.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I don't think that was coincidence.  I think she is stalking Jaime now since getting triggered by the car seat, and she's actively looking for anything to burn him down.

Even if she does manage to burn Jamie, he has plenty of information to burn John Dutton, her and Rip and everyone who works at the ranch with all the dead bodies at the Train Station.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Geez...this show is getting a bit difficult to watch.
Bar fights...ok...that's sort of acceptable.  Just Taylor claiming that is  how primitive the cowboys are.
But Beth threatening to steal Jamie's kid?  Yikes...that is really getting perverse.
I understand demanding revenge is sort of the primal urge in contemporary society.  But, gads, this makes it really difficult to watch.
And then we have John laying waste to the Governor's role.  The Gov is supposed to represent the entire state.
But clearly he is only acting for his ranch. And, apparently, it does not seem to matter whether he is still the owner...just so long as the ranch is kept intact.

• Love 9
On 12/1/2022 at 3:30 PM, grommit2 said:

Geez...this show is getting a bit difficult to watch.
Bar fights...ok...that's sort of acceptable.  Just Taylor claiming that is  how primitive the cowboys are.
But Beth threatening to steal Jamie's kid?  Yikes...that is really getting perverse.
I understand demanding revenge is sort of the primal urge in contemporary society.  But, gads, this makes it really difficult to watch.
And then we have John laying waste to the Governor's role.  The Gov is supposed to represent the entire state.
But clearly he is only acting for his ranch. And, apparently, it does not seem to matter whether he is still the owner...just so long as the ranch is kept intact.

Yeah the artistic license here could paper the moon.  Twice.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 11/27/2022 at 9:48 PM, So unbelievable said:

I have no sympathy for spineless Jamie since he is a murderer and deserves every bad thing that happens to him.  But Beth is just a miserable hateful shrew.  Yes, you can't have kids and Jamie is responsible.  Go adopt a baby if you want one so bad.  The writers do the same tired loop with Beth every season.  Be a nasty bitch to everyone, say inappropriate and incestuous-sounding things to dad, then run to Rip and cry and act vulnerable so we can sympathize with her.  And in the season finale she gets beat up, raped, set on fire or blown up so we can sympathize with her more, before being a mean bitch again at the beginning of the next season.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2