Type keyword(s) to search

S07. E13: For They Existed

• Start Topic

That was a good ending. I enjoyed the flash forward at the end with Ernest watching them all. Was good wrap up.

Nice seeing Charlie, Davis, Remy, and Jacob all return for the end. 

Micah still his spoiled brat self till the end.  Liked seeing Charlie and Davis just being together at the end, Nova and Calvin too they came far. I wasn't expecting but was a great way to end her. He's always been her one. 

Darla being mad I get, running away and her behavior I didn't. She lied about Blue's paternity, Ralph Angel had no idea he wasn't his. Throw in all the drugs etc.. She has no business being on a high horse over Ralph Angel just giving some basic truth to Blue.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

This show is a lot of things but it's never been subtle. The close-ups of people faces talking to the camera drove me crazy. Don't get me wrong. The photography is beautiful. I love the way this show displays the richness of darker skin tones and the lush green of the surroundings but that talking to the camera thing is just such a film school thing.

Hollywood and Vi's reaction to getting a foster made me smile cry. "She's perfect for us. She's perfect for us!" I wish every child in the foster system could be welcomed and cherished like that.

I gotta say, seeing Remy again was nice. 

I will go to my grave saying that this show never truly grasped how exhausting Nova is. 

My only criticism is how rushed the Rah/Darla/Blue became. It felt unnecessary compressed. Almost everything that happened in this episode could've played out over numerous episodes.

16 hours ago, MBayGal said:

Was Nova pregnant at the end?  I was kind of skimming through the end, so if something was said about it I missed it

I think so. To quote Billie Holiday, God bless the child.

Edited by marceline
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

Really liked that Sade song at the top of the episode.

They must have filmed these last few episodes out of order. Blue looked younger and shorter to me.

Jacob Boudreaux. Okay.

Hey, it's Remy. They're really bringing back all the old familiar faces.

Glynn Turman too. Gosh.

I was so happy for Vi and Hollywood and the little foster girl.

Nova stays winning.

Spoiler

She gets a house that's a virtual museum of old Black Southern aristocracy, a church, and a happily ever after with the true love of her life.

Ugh.

Well, it's been quite a run. Brava, Queen Sugar. (I'm not crying, you're crying!😥)

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
On 11/29/2022 at 11:20 PM, Artsda said:

Darla being mad I get, running away and her behavior I didn't. She lied about Blue's paternity, Ralph Angel had no idea he wasn't his. Throw in all the drugs etc.. She has no business being on a high horse over Ralph Angel just giving some basic truth to Blue.

Not to mention that she didn't tell RA that the birth father knew about Blue and was reaching out to her.   RA had to find out when he showed up during a storm.   That alone negated her whole speech.

On 11/30/2022 at 5:17 PM, marceline said:

I will go to my grave saying that this show never truly grasped how exhausting Nova is. 

You will not be alone on that one.   We didn't really need to go through her entire love life history this season just for her to end up with the cop.   I was hoping we were going to end with her just choosing to keep her drama to herself and be happily single.  

On 11/30/2022 at 12:20 AM, Artsda said:

Nova and Calvin too they came far. I wasn't expecting but was a great way to end her. He's always been her one. 

Everything about Darla and RA's past together is messy. Blue can know everything in time, but at his young age, he already knew enough. He knew that RA was not his biological father, but that he was loved and cherished. To me, it felt like Ralph Angel told Blue as a power play- he was angry with Chase but couldn't lash out at him physically; he was angry with Darla because she took control of the situation (the strongest she's been in the entire series, frankly- neutralizing Chase and taking his money to save the co-op). Telling Blue after Darla specifically told him she didn't want that- that was RA's way of getting some his own back. It was impulsive and selfish, and could have gone so wrong. He just got lucky...

I was glad to see Calvin and Nova end up together, and happy. The series started with them, it felt "right" that they should close it out.

I liked Nova and Calvin ending up together and happy. 

(edited)

Nicely done.  Thank you, Jacob!

Great to see Charlie, even if she lost.  I was pleased with how the story lines were wrapped up. I wondered why Aunt Martha didn't leave that house to Nova, but she sure did.  I didn't think she'd get back with Calvin after the last time we saw him, but I couldn't help thinking how good-looking he is every time I saw him on screen.

I thought the bit with Ernest at the end was a bit long, but the man has such a lovely, expressive face, I couldn't be too mad about it.  Wouldn't it  be nice to have the satisfaction of seeing all your family in a good place.

I think it was implied that Charlie, because of her past relationships with Remy and Jacob, was the one who orchestrated the purchase of the land at auction.  Or maybe it was obvious to everyone else and I just caught on a little later.

Edited by Gloriosa
Another thought