Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SophiaD

Gymnastics

I’m glad Night 2 was better, because I was worried about everyone after Night 1! 

Is it just me, or have leotards gotten uglier and uglier? 

The side by side comparison of MyKayla Skinner and Simone seemed really mean-spirited, even if the commentators tried to act like it wasn’t! And I say that as someone who really dislikes MyKayla.

I had no idea Ragan Smith retired from elite. She had bad luck. I hope she does well in the NCAA.

14 hours ago, PepSinger said:

Simone is the GOAT.

What else is there to say? She really, really is.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Jeddah said:

I’m glad Night 2 was better, because I was worried about everyone after Night 1! 

The side by side comparison of MyKayla Skinner and Simone seemed really mean-spirited, even if the commentators tried to act like it wasn’t! And I say that as someone who really dislikes MyKayla.

I had no idea Ragan Smith retired from elite. She had bad luck. I hope she does well in the NCAA.

What else is there to say? She really, really is.

They are starting to look like skating costumes.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

9 hours ago, Jeddah said:

The side by side comparison of MyKayla Skinner and Simone seemed really mean-spirited, even if the commentators tried to act like it wasn’t! And I say that as someone who really dislikes MyKayla

I didn’t watch the entire event. What did the commentators say?

And yes, Simone is amazing. Her dismount from the beam: what kind of physics and strength were required for her to launch herself into the air and essentially do 4 flips before gravity made her hit the ground? She had a few wobbles in the routine itself, but she absolutely nailed that dismount and landing. 

9 hours ago, Jeddah said:

54 minutes ago, HartofDixie said:

They are starting to look like skating costumes.

Yes, they were quite ugly. It was actually distracting. 

• Like 4

I actually thought the leotards the Gage(?) gymnasts wore night two were borderline creepy on young girls, with the flesh colored section to give the illusion that they were wearing a plummeting neckline. Why was that necessary?

Edited by Jillibean
  • Like 1

Its just so much fun watching Simone. Another awesome skill! It was so cool. Its so much fun watching someone who can do all the hard stuff, keeps coming up with harder stuff and can actually do it. Land them all. She also managed to finally stay in bounds in the floor routine! She's just so fast, so strong and has so much speed.

I really hate that they cut it down to four gymnasts for the Olympic teams. That just seems so risky. I know they have alternates but still seems way too few. I still really like Morgan, Riley and Grace.  But I really like the other girls too. 

• Like 5