Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: Queen vs. Queen

• Start Topic

Were Gizelle and Robyn really mad at Karen for not diffusing the situation? So Mia throws a drink but somehow it's Karen's responsibility to calm things down? Mia was just the worst this episode. 

I also enjoyed the Ashley, Candiace, Karen and Wendy team this episode. Loved them bringing back the slither. The slither is one of my top 5 funniest housewives moments. I love that Ashley didn't take Mia seriously about them having to leave the house and that she would be staying in the same room. That was so ridiculous. Also the place they went for lunch, Versailles is delicious!

I want Candiace and Ashley to team up because I think together they would be unstoppable. Too bad Ashley just can't help herself 

• Like 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Were Gizelle and Robyn really mad at Karen for not diffusing the situation? So Mia throws a drink but somehow it's Karen's responsibility to calm things down? Mia was just the worst this episode. 

I think this is why Karen has slowly become one of my faves over the years because she doesn’t let the GEBs bait her. She might have a quick clap back  (like when she called Gizelle raggedy last ep and I did cackle) and she keeps it moving. Most of the time, she won’t go back and forth with them and she has their number.

She knows Gizelle and Robyn could have gotten their lazy asses up and diffused the situation if they were so concerned. But instead Robyn wanted to egg it on and Gizelle wanted to stuff her face and watch the fight. I wouldn’t pay them any mind either.

Edited by Sharper2002
  • Love 9

Many, many years ago, I was out clubbing with a friend.  He was on the outs with a former friend of ours but I wasn’t….he came up to me, we hugged and spoke for a bit.  Afterwards my friend was pissed that I spoke to him.  Me equally pissed informed him that I was free to speak to whoever I wanted to and to never again question my loyalty to him. 

That said, how in the bluedilly fuck is it KAREN’s responsibility to defuse a situation between Mia and Wendy, Robbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb?!  You’re beyond pathetic at this point, between using your Tracfone to record Mia dousing a drink on Wendy to next week, where you play Candiace allegedly waxing negativity against the girls.  We see you, Beaky Buzzard….anything to keep that check going, how about successfully remarrying Juan?!  Y’know, the one that barely tolerates your ass. 

Again I ask, why is Charrisse there, with the fingernails on a chalkboard voice and the face and body shape of Janice the Muppet, if she weighed 275 lbs.!

Why were Candiace and Wendy acting like Trina is on the same tier as Lil’ Kim, Cardi B. or hell, Foxy Brown?  Never understood Trina’s appeal, plus she looks like she smells of canned Vienna sausages.

Finally, Mia with all these spas you own why in the Sigourney Weaver were you looking like the Alien monster?  I was eating during the scene when she was confronting Karen in her room, not a pretty sight.

(Boofish, don’t you DARE insult the legendary Madame like that, lol!)

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
On 11/28/2022 at 12:31 PM, Boofish said:

Charrisse is a boring lump of nothing. She no longer fits in at all; it looks like they are dragging their grandmother with them. But I would like to thank her. My nieces and my daughter are going to Vegas and was begging me to join them for the weekend. I told them I was too old to be hanging around with them. Now I see what I would look like so thanks Charrisse. Just saved $3000 by watching the Real Housewives of Potomac.

@Boofish I don't even know you and I am sure that you look a million times better than Charisse.  I am sure your nieces totally think you are the cool aunty.

Charisse, like Mia, is an attractive woman who messed up her looks with too much plastic surgery and filler.

I wonder what pre-plastic Mia looked like.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Many, many years ago, I was out clubbing with a friend.  He was on the outs with a former friend of ours but I wasn’t….he came up to me, we hugged and spoke for a bit.  Afterwards my friend was pissed that I spoke to him.  Me equally pissed informed him that I was free to speak to whoever I wanted to and to never again question my loyalty to him. 

That said, how in the bluedilly fuck is it KAREN’s responsibility to defuse a situation between Mia and Wendy, Robbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb?!  You’re beyond pathetic at this point, between using your Tracfone to record Mia dousing a drink on Wendy to next week, where you play Candiace allegedly waxing negativity against the girls.  We see you, Beaky Buzzard….anything to keep that check going, how about successfully remarrying Juan?!  Y’know, the one that barely tolerates your ass. 

Again I ask, why is Charrisse there, with the fingernails on a chalkboard voice and the face and body shape of Janice the Muppet, if she weighed 275 lbs.!

Why were Candiace and Wendy acting like Trina is on the same tier as Lil’ Kim, Cardi B. or hell, Foxy Brown?  Never understood Trina’s appeal, plus she looks like she smells of canned Vienna sausages.

Finally, Mia with all these spas you own why in the Sigourney Weaver were you looking like the Alien monster?  I was eating during the scene when she was confronting Karen in her room, not a pretty sight.

Candiace isn’t going to get a big name rapper. You could tell Nikki Minaj wasn’t impressed with her at the last reunion. At least the rapper she got improved that song because it wasn’t very good. 

5 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I also enjoyed the Ashley, Candiace, Karen and Wendy team this episode. Loved them bringing back the slither. The slither is one of my top 5 funniest housewives moments. I love that Ashley didn't take Mia seriously about them having to leave the house and that she would be staying in the same room. That was so ridiculous. Also the place they went for lunch, Versailles is delicious!

I want Candiace and Ashley to team up because I think together they would be unstoppable. Too bad Ashley just can't help herself 

Ashley hates Candiace because Candiace has been very honest about Michael Darby. The others have let him slide for some reason. I remember Gizelle making comments about his butt grabbing but I don’t think she said she was uncomfortable around him. Also Candiace seems capable of making her own money along with her husband. Ashley never had a partnership like that with Michael. The jealousy is really coming out. 

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Ashley hates Candiace because Candiace has been very honest about Michael Darby. The others have let him slide for some reason. I remember Gizelle making comments about his butt grabbing but I don’t think she said she was uncomfortable around him. Also Candiace seems capable of making her own money along with her husband. Ashley never had a partnership like that with Michael. The jealousy is really coming out. 

Gizelle knows that she would look stupid saying she is uncomfortable around Michael because we all know he only wants to grab Juan's butt.

She already looks dumb as hell for the bullshit she is making up about Chris.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
31 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

[SNIP]That said, how in the bluedilly fuck is it KAREN’s responsibility to defuse a situation between Mia and Wendy, Robbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb?!  You’re beyond pathetic at this point, between using your Tracfone to record Mia dousing a drink on Wendy to next week, where you play Candiace allegedly waxing negativity against the girls. 

[SNIP]

oldphone.gif

• LOL 12
52 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

The scream I just scrumpt! 

• Wink 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

There is a moment that could be lost in the madness.

Robyn called her kids who were with her roommate, Juan, and Juan did not wake up to make sure the kids went to school.

Robyn then tells her kids that they HAVE to go to school tomorrow.

WTF?

My mother and father would have kicked my ass.

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Did we ever get clarity on the Candiace room situation? Maybe I missed it in the episode. Did we ever find out which room Candiace was supposed to stay in? Or did she just take Wendy's room and they decided to drop that story?

26 minutes ago, qtpye said:

There is a moment that could be lost in the madness.

Robyn called her kids who were with her roommate, Juan, and Juan did not wake up to make sure the kids went to school.

Robyn then tells her kids that they HAVE to go to school tomorrow.

WTF?

My mother and father would have kicked my ass.

This is an ongoing theme with these two. I can't remember the season but basically the school threatened them with the police because of how much school her kids were missing and or they couldn't get there on time.

• Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 3
6 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

I feel like Trina is a regional thing. If you grew up in the Dirty South in the 90's she was the queen. Being from NY I felt similarly to you, until someone that I know who is from Miami explained that Trina was basically royalty in that town during his childhood. And, unlike her peers (Foxy and Lil' Kim), she is still relevant today, putting out new music and actively touring, plus producing and appearing on Love and Hip Hop Miami. She's got a level of legitimacy that means you have to mention her in the group of female MC's with staying power.  I think she's certainly a catch for Candiace and someone whose name will be well known enough to get more people to listen to that "not quite a bop" single. 

Edited by Rlb8031
  • Like 1
  • Useful 7
  • Love 3

Woah.  Robyn.  What the fuck were you thinking touching that young man that way?  That was so, so gross, especially because it was a real moment.  It wasn't storyline.  She saw a good looking man, and felt entitled to repeatedly reach out and stroke him.  She even backed away and then came back for more.  I've historically liked Robyn, but that was one step away from grabbing the camera man's ass.  Completely not ok.

Also not ok is the other Dixon.  Juan spent all last season giving Robyn grief, and then he can't get his own ass up and get the kids to school for one damn day?  I see you, sir.

Mia is hilarious thinking she can essentially kick other actresses off the soundstage.  She WAY over stepped her bounds, and she got put back in her place by Ashley.  That had to be embarrassing.  She has NO impulse control.  None.

I also laughed at the slithering, but especially because at first I thought Wendy said, "And I can be Slytherin in your video," and I was like, what the harry potter hell is going on here?  So it was doubly funny to me.

I also like Candiace and Ashley both better when they team up, so I'm disappointed the truce only lasted five minutes.  It's so interesting to me that Ashley seems to have the ability to hurt Candiace's feelings, but not the other way around.  I think Ashley sees this as a job and everyone as her coworkers, and Candiace actually gets emotionally involved.  (No judgment from me on which of these is better or worse, just saying how I see their approaches to the relationships on this show.)

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

Does anyone know if Wendy moved to Potomac? I heard Robin ask during the episode if Wendy was returning to Carroll County (MD). For some reason I thought she moved to Potomac. Either way, her house is about 1.2 miles from me and I never knew it. I am gonna be on the look out for her in public. How fun would it be to run in to her overdramatic and histrionic ass in public. 

I think only Karen actually lives in Potomac??? 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Fig Newton said:

Does anyone know if Wendy moved to Potomac? I heard Robin ask during the episode if Wendy was returning to Carroll County (MD). For some reason I thought she moved to Potomac. Either way, her house is about 1.2 miles from me and I never knew it. I am gonna be on the look out for her in public. How fun would it be to run in to her overdramatic and histrionic ass in public. 

Charrisse may still live in Potomac, but she doesn't really count. 

Where does Mia live?

• Love 1
20 hours ago, lasu said:

I also like Candiace and Ashley both better when they team up, so I'm disappointed the truce only lasted five minutes.  It's so interesting to me that Ashley seems to have the ability to hurt Candiace's feelings, but not the other way around.  I think Ashley sees this as a job and everyone as her coworkers, and Candiace actually gets emotionally involved.  (No judgment from me on which of these is better or worse, just saying how I see their approaches to the relationships on this show.)

In season 3 when Candiace first appeared, Ashley and Candiace went back and forth a LOT, then at he reunion smiled and said yes Ashley will be invited to Candiace's wedding, and they said they understood each other. Made me think they both knew this was just a job. Now it seems like things affect Candiace more, and I don't know where/when the shift occurred. Maybe she is just leaning on the emotions because it's part of her "character" on the show and she's faking it, or maybe Ashley writing that letter for Monique really soured this working relationship. 

19 hours ago, Fig Newton said:

As far as I know, Wendy still lives in Carroll County. Mia moved to Potomac and lives not too far from Karen. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Fig Newton said:

Um Fig, I go to Eldersburg and Westminster pretty often and I have never run in to Wendy, maybe we need a team effort! The closest I have gotten is my SIL saw Wendy and Eddy in some island resort and she knew Eddy from when she worked at his high school.  We need to lightly stalk her, team work makes the dream work. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 6
5 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Um Fig, I go to Eldersburg and Westminster pretty often and I have never run in to Wendy, maybe we need a team effort! The closest I have gotten is my SIL saw Wendy and Eddy in some island resort and she knew Eddy from when she worked at his high school.  We need to lightly stalk her, team work makes the dream work. 

stalker.gif

• LOL 6
On 11/28/2022 at 6:53 AM, Talented Tenth said:

If people need to keep their hands to themselves there is no "but".  There is nothing anyone could say that could provoke me into hitting them because I don't use violence as a way to resolve conflict.  Candiace did not provoke Monique; Monique had been gunning for and picking on Candiace all season.  Candiace finally had enough.  The premise of all of the franchises is watch people's relationships, family and drama.  Every single Housewife has been in an argument, disagreement and/or conflict but if one of them can't fight with their words, it's the other person's fault for "provoking" them?

Respectfully disagree sorta. I’m tired of watching wives like Candice and now Wendy “use their words” to hurt others. Those two are nasty, go for the jugular and don’t stop. No, no one should raise a hand to anyone, but people also shouldn’t speak the way those two trashbags do IMO. It’s only a matter of time till you come across someone who doesn’t live by the same philosophy as you, using your words. Hell, I teach my 4th grader that…never raise your hand first, but also don’t run your mouth or else ya might be sorry one day. Serves him well thus far in life. These lady obviously were never taught any of that. 

And let’s not forget Candice raising a dinner knife while screaming at Ashley a few seasons ago, that her husband had to wrestle from her. And so far only Wendy’s employer has made a statement distancing themselves from the show. 

They’re all disgusting. This city’s show sucks. 

Edited by hottesthw
  • Like 3
  • Love 3
On 11/29/2022 at 12:56 PM, LaurelleJ said:

Did we ever get clarity on the Candiace room situation? Maybe I missed it in the episode. Did we ever find out which room Candiace was supposed to stay in? Or did she just take Wendy's room and they decided to drop that story?

Mia (or the producers) had plans for Candiace to share Wendy's room- which has one bed!  Ashley discovered that when she looked inside Candiace's envelope.  Wendy had no idea-- so we missed those fireworks.  When Wendy left for the hotel, the room problem was solved and Candiace stayed in that room by herself.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 11/27/2022 at 10:54 PM, Iguessnot said:

I'm confused at that comment because Candiace didn't do anything strange this episode.

Yeah, hell must have frozen over because I’ve honestly felt like Candiace has been making a lot of sense this season. (I know!! I KNOW.) 

• Like 1
On 11/28/2022 at 12:25 AM, dosodog said:

Candiace and Wendy slithering away is the reason I continue to watch Housewives:  "just a fun, no drama, girls having fun moment".

It wasn't calculated nor scripted.  It just was.  And it was charming.

One of the things that initially drew me to this franchise was that the women seemed to have a camaraderie and a sense of humor. Even when they were being shady, it kind of seemed like they were all having fun with it. It doesn’t seem like fun anymore. 

I don’t like a show where people are willing to make up lies about their cast mates’ husbands and drag skeletons out of closets to stay relevant. 

• Like 2
On 11/28/2022 at 7:19 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Final thought, everyone of those women threatens to go home, leave the house, the party, whatever but they never do!

My sense is that production makes it difficult to leave. 

• Like 3