Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03: Welcome to Valley Ranch

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Agree, Electric Boogaloo, Melissa TC is wonderful but on a time clock - v true being a DCC in med school must be impossible.

And yes, on Melissa, it's a safety zone that K and J will see - so better be careful what they say. Maybe she's one of those new moms who get a very large, even painful, nursing chest and she is trying to cover it up. On youtube, there is a Miami Dolphins mtt when Emily Snow has just had a baby. Her hair and make up is perfect but she is definitely in loose fitting clothes. Melissa timed her baby well - imagine if she'd have been trying to mentor TC while heavily pregnant - hard work!

I forgot - the twitter of Courtney's groom seems to be down already (might just be my computer though!)

Agree too Electric Boogaloo on the rehearsals, it's very hard to see if someone is chasing the choreography etc if you're only looking at that one person....

I wonder if there was something else going on with Hannah that they did not like and that is why they pulled her from appearances. I didn't think she looked as heavy as Veronica.  (Heavy is always a relative term when talking about the DCC, of course.)  Kelli was very supportive of Veronica but didn't seem to friendly with Hannah.  I thought it was odd that Hannah mentioned she needed to make working out a priority. I would assume you had to do that all year if you are a DCC.  That being said, I would guess that Hannah maybe has a lot going on in her life and DCC just isn't her top priority which we know is a death knell for your DCC career.

Note from mod:  Please use spoiler tags when posting about what will happen in a future episode. I may decide to put in spoiler tags or delete a part of post if it is not related to the episode we are posting about. No one is in trouble, but please remember to only post about the certain episode in the threads created for them. Thank you.

Thanks for all the info about Courtney. Too bad about her marriage.

I actually think Hannah looked bigger than Veronica. The girl had actual rolls! (granted, only when she was leaning over, "rolls" I would love to have). I literally gasped at how "soft" her stomach was, only because we know how strict the DCC are.

Frankly, I think they're ridiculous. I don't see anything wrong with Hannah and Veronica they way they are. I feel like most American men want women with curves not women with the bodies of 10-year old boys (which is what a lot if them end up looking like,IMO). Maybe if the shorts weren't cut to look like unflattering diapers they would be better off. I really can't stand how ugly and terrible the shorts are.

Reminds me of a fitting many years ago (it may have even been Sydney) where Kelli said" "these (shorts) look alarmingly low." It was the height of irony because I think they are always alarmingly low and laughably unflattering. Do I really need to see someone's pubic bone Kelli? Do I? It's just gross.

I remember the thing where she was worried about how low the shorts were! The uniform lady measured and it was just barely four inches from top to bottom. If they still had the shorts that fit like actual clothing with a more updated design than what they had in the 80s, they could probably accommodate more softness (soft meaning not having a six pack).

Their uniforms are dated and nowhere near as flattering as the uniforms from other NFL squads. It seems like they keep the same "iconic" look but use less fabric every year. Other teams (Colts girls, Raiderettes, Gold Rush, etc) have girls who are slender and healthy but not all "hardbodies" like the DCC.

It's not "prestigious" to have beautiful, great dancers with more than 16% body fat on the squad I guess.

Yes, agree the shorts also look creased and untidy after the wearer has been dancing for a while. I think skirts - as in Miami Dolphins and NY Jets - look much better, but doubt DCC will ever change...

I am so glad you brought up about the uniform Kellyann3!   I completely agree.  It is very outdated.   You hate to mention it though since it seems to be coveted by so many people.  I hope they have a redesign soon.    I love the uniforms of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers cheerleaders and Miami Dolphins cheerleaders as well.  They change them often and come up with very flattering and fun designs.

i Have know idea what you guys are talking the DCC have best made best designed uniforms other teams uniforms look either trashy or bady made

I agree. I think the DCC uniform looks sexy, but not trashy - its just a very classy way to show off their bodies and beauty while still keeping it G rated (okay, maybe PG ;)). IMO, so many of the other teams' uniforms resemble catalogue Halloween costumes that would have the product title of "Sexy Cheerleader" or "Sexy <whatever the team's mascot is>", and sell for $24.99!

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 2

I have to say that after watching this episode over again, I'm really feeling Megan. I love her scotch and cigarette voice. I think she is adorable. I'm just sorry that she feels she is not as in shape as she wanted to be. I wonder if it is going to be an issue for K&J.

• Love 1

Love Meagan's voice too. Interesting that so many of these new girls are so strong - Judy said they had more power than previous rookies. I wonder who was scouted, like Sydney once was (I imagine that Sydney's pass to semis no longer exists as CMT want to film rookies in prelims). I wonder if Lacey was spotted at dance competitions, seems she was very successful in them. Erica too maybe...

On Vivian, I remember a poster on TWOP saying that girls sometimes get in if the management above K and J like them. We know that Kelli tweeted Vivian and encouraged her to come back. I think that Charlotte in particular may be looking for a girl with a Latin look to appeal to the huge Latin Cowboys fanbase inside and outside the States, sure they're thinking of pushing the business in Latin America. Charlotte was a real supporter of Paula Tabares, who didn't make it in the end - she said at finals that Paula, who was Colombian, had a 'look' that the team didn't have - (glad she made the Mavs as she seemed such a sweet girl). Even though I believe Vivian's heritage is Spanish rather than Mexican or another Latin country, she would appeal to the Latin fanbase - but prob is the Latin female body doesn't always get the Lauren Williams style height that the DCC love...

Did anybody notice when K&J were talking about the girls in the 1st rehearsal it sounded really weird and slow sounded like bad acting , did they recorded it later ?

I noticed it a lot of weird editing stuff in finals ep especially with obviously fake applause sounds put it during the solos and the names being called

I re-watched Friday's episode again. I noticed when Christina, Alexandra, and Veronica were in the office you can see a DCC uniform hanging (on a door knob?) in the background. When Hannah's in the office, you don't see it; somehow it magically disappeared. Was it taken away before she came in?

My guess is that they asked Hannah to bring back her uniform from her locker so they hung it there while the others were being spoken.  I imagine it would be powerful to be a TCC and have a veteran bring back her uniform.

Did anybody notice when K&J were talking about the girls in the 1st rehearsal it sounded really weird and slow sounded like bad acting , did they recorded it later ?

Yes, I definitely noticed this. 

I think she doesn't knows yet (as far as we are in the show). We weren't shown if they told her she is coming out of uniform. Someone else posted it here and I agree: I think she quits once she is told her uniform has been taken away.

I think she doesn't knows yet (as far as we are in the show). We weren't shown if they told her she is coming out of uniform. Someone else posted it here and I agree: I think she quits once she is told her uniform has been taken away.

I find it odd that Kelli didn't say anything to Hannah on camera ( unless it was cut out). Last year Kelli called the 4 vets ( Chelsea, Kim, Danielle, and Jennifer A) into her office and told them they were out of the uniform until they toned up. They were also told they would not be participating in the cameo shoot and would use last year pictures.

Is Kelli and Judy just getting more picky about the girl's figures when inviting them to TC? Back in season 1 (2006) they took Brooke and Kandi and gave them both the chance to lose weight and tone up. Maybe because they were both good dancers. It also seems like Jay doesn't want to waste his time on vets who are out of shape. That could be why Kelli didn't suggest Hannah go see Jay like she did with rookie TCCs in previous seasons.

Edited by MrsEVH

Is Kelli and Judy just getting more picky about the girl's figures when inviting them to TC? Back in season 1 (2006) they took Brooke and Kandi and gave them both the chance to lose weight and tone up. Maybe because they were both good dancers.

I think they are way more picky as time goes by. Eventually they'll want an entire squad of girls built exactly like Jinelle (meaning even someone like Lauren Williams would be too substantial for them).

Brooke and Kandi, and probably Meredith would definitely not make the squad with the strict standards they have now, and they all looked great when they were on the squad a few years back.

I have an issue with what they were saying to a particular rookie in that spoiler tagged video about 'looking short'. That just tells me they should have a height requirement like the Rockettes if they're going to bring girls in and treat them like that.

Edited by KellyAnn3

I think the problem with a general height requirement is that you can have long legs or a long upper body or if you're lucky both. They could measure each girls legs at auditions as that seems to be the main focus with the boots and everything, but I would hate to see someone cut, because her legs are too short. Not being able to live your dream because of something you just can't control seems really unfair. I know the DCC could probably do that if they wanted to, but at some point the expectations become too high. You already have to be near perfect just to make it to training camp.
And I suppose your legs appear longer if they're really skinny. Vivians legs for example probably wouldn't look as "bad" in the uniform if her thighs weren't as "thick" as they are.

I also felt bad for Courtney in the video. But I loved the uniform checking they did with Veronica and Hannah. It actually gives you a better view of where they are. I didn't think Hannah looked that bad in this episode, but in uniform she did look too heavy. I can understand why Kelli would be okay with cutting her if she didn't get the weight off.
Veronica seemed scared to death, I felt so bad for her... I'd love to have her body though! And I'm so glad she worked really hard to get the weight off.

Does anyone know how many episodes there are this season?

If someone is a proven veteran who just has matured physically, doesn't have rolls or jiggle, I don't see why they can't just give a slightly larger uniform AKA Hannah and Veronica.

The sneer Kelli had on her face makes me think something more is going on with Hannah.

Now for a height/weight/size/length requirement, I think they should just standardize it like the Rockettes, and be done with it. I think it is "fair," but it would cut alot of hurt feelings if it was stated in writing. This is entertainment, not the military or Red Cross. They're not drafted, and this isn't life and death. If someone's dream is shattered, then they need to move to another team and/or get a wakeup call and focus on something more.....significant?

If someone is a proven veteran who just has matured physically, doesn't have rolls or jiggle, I don't see why they can't just give a slightly larger uniform AKA Hannah and Veronica.

The sneer Kelli had on her face makes me think something more is going on with Hannah.

Now for a height/weight/size/length requirement, I think they should just standardize it like the Rockettes, and be done with it. I think it is "fair," but it would cut alot of hurt feelings if it was stated in writing. This is entertainment, not the military or Red Cross. They're not drafted, and this isn't life and death. If someone's dream is shattered, then they need to move to another team and/or get a wakeup call and focus on something more.....significant?

In her last year Megan Sharpe gained some weight and had to get a size up in shorts. That season also had some vets (Meagan S, Jordan B, Meredith, Kaitlin I)  and a rookie (Stephanie H) were called in the office about their weight.

I thought the new rehearsal clothes  were awful , do you guys know who makes them ?

I read on someones twitter than they take them back after the season i understand the luggage bags but taking who uniforms after somebody sweat so much in them

Edited by mmm

I think because of the HD screen, they have become really strict.  Kandi and Brooke may not have made it today because of that screen. If you looked at Brooke in her first season, she was still heavy-ish.  It wasn't until her second season that she really got all the weight off.  They told her she needed to lose 30 pounds.

I feel like Judy isn't getting as much screen time this season. Maybe it's to make room for Melissa and her mentoring, but it just seems like we've barely heard from her.

I didn't think I'd like Melissa, but she doesn't bother me. She's a natural on camera, so seeing her planned conversations with rookies rather than getting that same information from awkward talking heads or stiff "coffee meetings" is fine by me. I also don't think Cassie will take over that mentor role eventually. It seems like something planted by CMT specifically for the show, and she was never that great on camera. I fully believe Judy will find a job for her within the organization though.

I read on someones twitter than they take them back after the season i understand the luggage bags but taking who uniforms after somebody sweat so much in them

Just because they make the girls turn in all of their stuff at the end of the season doesn't necessarily mean that they are making them wear someone else's old sweaty rehearsal outfits. They just don't want any of the girls to be able to wear anything that identifies them as a DCC once the season is over, meaning they don't want someone who is no longer on the team wearing their old practice sports bra to the gym.

[snip]

[snip]

Yes, yes yes!  i thought Hannah may have been the reason that Kelli gave her "I'm gonna go off" speech at the meeting. She was talking about the importance of putting DCC above over things w/respect to schedule, She had a look of distaste when Hannah was talking.

Edited by Dopeydwarf

If I were Hannah, I would have had a hard time talking about being so proud of my grades with Kelli glaring at me like that.  Whatever is going on, Hannah is definitely on Kelli and Judy's hit list.  I don't do spoilers and don't watch football so have no idea who makes the team but...I am betting Hannah doesn't.

If Hannah's weight gain was due to her working hard in school and getting top honors then that's great for her. She's beautiful and fit and has an education and she can still say she was a DCC regardless of how things go down.

If I were Hannah, I would have had a hard time talking about being so proud of my grades with Kelli glaring at me like that.

I think this may have been editing.  They did something similar with Shannon's interview, the girl from PA.  When she said she's a die-hard Steelers fan and they showed Charlotte and Kelli looking kind of pissed (with dramatic music for emphasis), it was meant to seem in response to her remark, but they clearly were looking in a different direction at someone else in the supposed response shots.  So, Kelli may have been giving her the evil eye, but I think this may be editing trying to set up some drama.  Hannah of course still has a beautiful figure, but cellulite doesn't read nicely on that huge board, and 11 lbs is a lot to gain in a year.  The weight gain gave her some awesome cleavage, though!

Note from mod: This thread is for episode three. Unless the issue of what nationality the girls are is brought up in the episode, please do not post about it or speculate on what nationality a certain girl is. Thank you.

Courtney's marriage only lasted a couple months.

I was reading through this forum and I was wondering how you found this out. I have searched and searched and came up with nothing on divorce records or anything, but she certainly doesn't seem to appear to be married any longer. 

Looking for some music help from Season9, Episode 3, I think.  (Breelan is a rookie and I'm pretty sure it's the first time they introduce Melissa Rycroft as a mentor).  About midway through the episode the candidates are doing kicks across the floor and K&J make  comments about Mary's long legs and Alexandra's low kicks.  While they are doing this, an instrumental song is playing (at least on the Pluto version of the episode). It's a much "lazier" tune than usual and has no lyrics. 

It's been driving me crazy, so if anyone knows the name of it, I would love to know!