Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E16: November 22,2022

• Start Topic

On 11/23/2022 at 4:34 PM, Melonie77 said:

I wonder why he and Tyler did not reveal what they seemed to know about Victoria. Johnny appeared to be holding something back while in the hot-seat with Jessie. Then when the cameras filmed him talking with Tyler outside I thought we would find out what else happened between J and V - but once again, nothing. The show teased this angle a third time when they showed Tyler coming back inside. He had a little smile on his face and I thought he was primed and ready to speak out but it was another false promise by the show's producers/editors.🙃

Quoting myself to continue these thoughts from the other day....

So I knew (thanks to spoilers) that there was more said during the reunion about the Johnny and Victoria relationship.
The whole reunion show seemed heavily edited with the contents presented in a very choppy manner. According to Reality Steve taping took place on Friday November 4th and took 15 HOURS to complete! They filmed from 9am to 12pm!

I wish they had shown more of what the cast said at the reunion rather than all the endless recap clips. It was obvious that discussions were edited with a tremendous amount of footage left on the cutting room floor.

Somehow, Reality Steve gets a summary of the reunion shows/ATFR every year immediately following the taping and I posted his report in the spoiler thread on 11/6.
That is why I was particularly confused regarding what they showed during the Johnny/Victoria/Greg+Tyler segment.

Apparently there was a lot more to that discussion than what was shown....Steve gets a description of the full 15 hours of filming.

Some discrepancies between what was shown and what RS reported...
 - Johnny clearly denied calling V a 'see you next Tuesday' and said he was joking about the cooking and cleaning comment. This is not made obvious on the show.
- Johnny said during the taping that Victoria threw a wine glass at him and told him she’s out of his league. This was NEVER SHOWN.
-Tyler attempts to interject - we see him say "Victoria"- and he gets cut off by the editors. Victoria snaps back at Tyler with "I'm speaking to him and this has nothing to do with you!" Reality Steve reported Tyler said "he heard from a reporter that Victoria cheated at a party in LA and she was telling everyone she was very much single."  Tyler's comments were completely CUT OUT and we did not see this.
-Also, I read that at least some of the fighting between this couple was caused by Victoria's reaction when she watched the Bachelorette. She claimed that Johnny said the same things to Gabby that he said to her. (I don't know if this was discussed on the reunion show or not.)

Some other parts that Reality Steve reported that NEVER got shown....
-Sierra had a lot more to say than what we saw. She claimed that "Michael kissed her 3 times after they broke up and she was under the impression there was still a chance." Michael denied doing that. NONE of this was shown.
-Shanae and Genevieve were called up to the stage to discuss their new friendship. They were gifted a trip to Niagara Falls. That was where their 2-on-1 date with Clayton took place during the Bachelor season! Brandon and Serene were also gifted with a trip to Hawaii.

I wonder WHY some of the conversations from the reunion show were cut out other than for the obvious need to condense the material. 
It looks to me like they tried to be more supportive of Victoria than Johnny. They cut out his accusation of her throwing a wine glass yet left in her claims against him. And they cut out what Tyler said yet they still left in her scolding of him!
I also think the editors favored Michael by cutting out what Sierra said.

There is lot more about the other cast that I posted in the spoiled thread. Whether you normally read spoilers or not the season is over now so if you want to compare what was reported about the reunion show compared to what was actually shown after editing you can find my TWO different 11/6 posts in the spoiler thread.🙃

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6

The season was boring, so I guess it makes sense the reunion was boring.

Regarding the highly censored content from the season and the reunion, I think they are REALLY trying to make this show and the "Bachelor Family" way more family oriented and family friendly. That, IMO, is why the only people to use the boom boom room were a married couple (highly emphasized that they met on THIS SHOW), and the previously married couple were both widowed and super virginal. They both left before the "fantasy suite" and now live "near" each other. I have no doubt that they haven't had sex and if they have, they are VERY careful to make sure they look as pure and innocent as possible. And the "new" bachelor loves it.  Personally, I think they look like middle aged people trying to look, act, and talk like innocent pure choir boys and girls. Michaels haircut and beard trim is atrocious, and Dani's little girl "the world is so magical and special" act is beyond. 

With ABC being a Disney network, and the more and more conservative and "family friendly" Disney is getting, I'm not too surprised that it's now showing up now in BIP. I'm wondering if the sexy time in Bachelor/Bachelorette will cease as they recruit more and more "church people."

Let's hope the move to more conservative doesn't bring in more racist bigots (hasn't there been at least three? And once they are found out we NEVER see them again). 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

The season was boring, so I guess it makes sense the reunion was boring.

Regarding the highly censored content from the season and the reunion, I think they are REALLY trying to make this show and the "Bachelor Family" way more family oriented and family friendly. That, IMO, is why the only people to use the boom boom room were a married couple (highly emphasized that they met on THIS SHOW), and the previously married couple were both widowed and super virginal. They both left before the "fantasy suite" and now live "near" each other. I have no doubt that they haven't had sex and if they have, they are VERY careful to make sure they look as pure and innocent as possible. And the "new" bachelor loves it.  Personally, I think they look like middle aged people trying to look, act, and talk like innocent pure choir boys and girls. Michaels haircut and beard trim is atrocious, and Dani's little girl "the world is so magical and special" act is beyond. 

With ABC being a Disney network, and the more and more conservative and "family friendly" Disney is getting, I'm not too surprised that it's now showing up now in BIP. I'm wondering if the sexy time in Bachelor/Bachelorette will cease as they recruit more and more "church people."

Let's hope the move to more conservative doesn't bring in more racist bigots (hasn't there been at least three? And once they are found out we NEVER see them again). 

Family friendly? Conservative?  With every woman wearing bikinis with their butt cheeks on full display?

• Applause 4
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Family friendly? Conservative?  With every woman wearing bikinis with their butt cheeks on full display?

Well, almost. I noticed the women always would wear a sarong of sorts. If they weren't, their buttcheeks would be covered by a black box. Conveniently, the sarongs were mesh or fishnet. But that seemed to be okay to TPTB and they weren't censored.

• Love 1

I actually wonder if this show hasn’t finally collapsed under the weight of its own contradictions.  They tried to create a no holds barred version of the mothership but it couldn’t work for as long.  The year that they realized that they had to cut back on drinking was the sign.  All the alcohol helps the producers on the main show because it leads to conflict with the contestants; in BIP it led to harrasment and violence.  Then you get the constant recycling of people who already recycle themselves elsewhere in Bachelor Nation.  Was their a single moment of spontaneity this season—with the possibility exception of Lace’s ill fated trip to find Rodney?  And even that was probably producer driven.

When you think that people want to listen to Wells’ Story Time you know you are in trouble.

• Love 5
On 11/27/2022 at 9:11 AM, phlebas said:

Now that you mention it, the most interest he's ever shown on this show is with Katie. Maybe that experience put his walls up.

I don't know, he declined to come back after Katie asked him to so it seems like more of the same with Andrew. He likes the chase, but isn't all that interested in the catch once it's in front of him.

Yes. He said he didn't WANT her to go on the date, but didn't demand, "do NOT go." What the heck does she expect?

There were a few times that women complained that the men didn't say things in the exact words that the woman wanted to hear. It made me wonder, "have they MET men?" Not all men have that way of saying the exact words that you want to hear. And when they DO, it seems slick and insincere. (Brandon)

Yeah, that was the theme of the season. "You said what I wanted to hear, but you didn't say it the way I wanted you to or didn't do the exact thing I was hoping for..." 

And while I don't necessarily think Brandon is a good example of slick and insincere (if anything, he seems overly sincere, albeit in a cheesy Hallmark movie-ish way, I do think there are guys who say the "right things in the right way" who turn out to be dogs. 

Clayton for example. He sold his "love" for all 3 of his final contestants so naturally that they all fell for it hook, line and sinker. Logan is also a pretty slick talker and he's got a long list of exes from just 2 appearances. These girls would be better off switching up their demands for perfect Instagram moments and look for sincerity instead.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

huh?

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
On 11/27/2022 at 2:17 PM, Melonie77 said:

Quoting myself to continue these thoughts from the other day....

So I knew (thanks to spoilers) that there was more said during the reunion about the Johnny and Victoria relationship.
The whole reunion show seemed heavily edited with the contents presented in a very choppy manner. According to Reality Steve taping took place on Friday November 4th and took 15 HOURS to complete! They filmed from 9am to 12pm!

I wish they had shown more of what the cast said at the reunion rather than all the endless recap clips. It was obvious that discussions were edited with a tremendous amount of footage left on the cutting room floor.

Somehow, Reality Steve gets a summary of the reunion shows/ATFR every year immediately following the taping and I posted his report in the spoiler thread on 11/6.
That is why I was particularly confused regarding what they showed during the Johnny/Victoria/Greg+Tyler segment.

Apparently there was a lot more to that discussion than what was shown....Steve gets a description of the full 15 hours of filming.

Some discrepancies between what was shown and what RS reported...
 - Johnny clearly denied calling V a 'see you next Tuesday' and said he was joking about the cooking and cleaning comment. This is not made obvious on the show.
- Johnny said during the taping that Victoria threw a wine glass at him and told him she’s out of his league. This was NEVER SHOWN.
-Tyler attempts to interject - we see him say "Victoria"- and he gets cut off by the editors. Victoria snaps back at Tyler with "I'm speaking to him and this has nothing to do with you!" Reality Steve reported Tyler said "he heard from a reporter that Victoria cheated at a party in LA and she was telling everyone she was very much single."  Tyler's comments were completely CUT OUT and we did not see this.
-Also, I read that at least some of the fighting between this couple was caused by Victoria's reaction when she watched the Bachelorette. She claimed that Johnny said the same things to Gabby that he said to her. (I don't know if this was discussed on the reunion show or not.)

Some other parts that Reality Steve reported that NEVER got shown....
-Sierra had a lot more to say than what we saw. She claimed that "Michael kissed her 3 times after they broke up and she was under the impression there was still a chance." Michael denied doing that. NONE of this was shown.
-Shanae and Genevieve were called up to the stage to discuss their new friendship. They were gifted a trip to Niagara Falls. That was where their 2-on-1 date with Clayton took place during the Bachelor season! Brandon and Serene were also gifted with a trip to Hawaii.

I wonder WHY some of the conversations from the reunion show were cut out other than for the obvious need to condense the material. 
It looks to me like they tried to be more supportive of Victoria than Johnny. They cut out his accusation of her throwing a wine glass yet left in her claims against him. And they cut out what Tyler said yet they still left in her scolding of him!
I also think the editors favored Michael by cutting out what Sierra said.

There is lot more about the other cast that I posted in the spoiled thread. Whether you normally read spoilers or not the season is over now so if you want to compare what was reported about the reunion show compared to what was actually shown after editing you can find my TWO different 11/6 posts in the spoiler thread.🙃

Melonie77, thanks for the recap. I also read your post in the Spoilers thread. Wow, they left out a lot of stuff that sounds interesting. I wonder why. I would like to have heard from Sierra. I wondered how she really felt about Michael gushing over Danielle when he dumped her and said he wasn’t ready. 

And why would they try to make Victoria look better by leaving out the glass-throwing bit from Johnny? Do they really want to invest in her on the Bachelor franchise? I think it’s a mistake. She is a user and not likable. I guess the producers want her around though, because she’s featured on the next Bachelor. Makes no sense to me. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Melonie77, thanks for the recap. I also read your post in the Spoilers thread. Wow, they left out a lot of stuff that sounds interesting. I wonder why. I would like to have heard from Sierra. I wondered how she really felt about Michael gushing over Danielle when he dumped her and said he wasn’t ready. 

And why would they try to make Victoria look better by leaving out the glass-throwing bit from Johnny? Do they really want to invest in her on the Bachelor franchise? I think it’s a mistake. She is a user and not likable. I guess the producers want her around though, because she’s featured on the next Bachelor. Makes no sense to me. 

I guess her appearance was already filmed, so they are trying to salvage it by pretending she isn’t as vile as she is.  

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

It’s the new Demi. They really can’t read the room.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

I also wonder how Gabby felt, watching Johnny's heartbreak over Victoria.

Remember, Gabby visited Johnny's hometown, met his parents, but he let her go as he said he wasn't ready for anything serious.  Enter claw-scratching Victoria, and suddenly, Johnny isn't only ready, but he's crying and obviously very upset at the way Victoria left him.

While Gabby sits there in the audience with a ring on her finger from Erich that she knows is coming off soon.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3