Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E07: Survival of the Fittest

• Start Topic

When a Marine falls ill during a training mission due to an attack by a genetic weapon, the NCIS must track down the person responsible for unleashing it. Also, Deeks struggles with balancing work and home life when Rosa comes down with the flu.

I actually enjoyed this episode. Not the case so much but all the team interactions. G and Sam vs the snake, Marty and his mom, etc. Sam being impressed with Deeks'  successfully handling ops and providing info.

I agree that it was sort of a weird case but that the team interactions made it enjoyable. I guess that Callen is watching his nephew's snake means his half-sister has forgiven him for what happened with their father? I don't recall that it was addressed in an episode.
I really wanted to know why the snake wasn't eating and half expected it to have escaped before, eaten something they had in the boat shed and then returned to its home.

Since when is Deeks able to handle ops? A computer, sure, but ops seems far more than a computer and I'm not sure I believe that any agent can just handle it.

Kilbride was tolerable, but I still think we're seeing too much of him. While I could do without Fatima and Rountree, I can accept them as members of the team and it's mostly that they're playing musical chairs with the team and who's on ops that is bothering me. But I'm just not warming up to Kilbride. There's something about him that I don't like. I think it's that he doesn't really add anything to the show. The show could do without him whereas Fatima and Rountree do provide something, whether it's as an agent or as in ops. And for a character who doesn't add much, we see far too much of Kilbride. I'd say he needs a story but I'm not interested in the slightest, so he can just retire. Or maybe get a cabinet-level post or something. He's an admiral after all, I'm sure they could find something ;-)