Type keyword(s) to search

The Blacklist in the Media

• Start Topic

Yeah, I just stumbled on that, and I found it very interesting.  Had no idea that he was currently in the FDNY (a station chief too), and served in the Marines.  And he saved his vacation days for acting classes and auditions.  Impressive.

So, Dembre is finally going to be a regular, now?  Congrats to him.  For whatever crap I give about the show, I always like how Hisham Tawfiq plays off of James Spader, and I actually really enjoy the Red/Dembre relationship.

• Love 1

News out of TCA summer press tour from Variety:

Looking to make a bigger splash with its “Heroes” reboot, NBC announced on Thursday that the show’s premiere has been expanded to two hours. As a result, “The Blacklist” will now bow one week later.

James Spader drama “The Blacklist” will kick off its third season on Oct. 1 at 9 p.m., allowing it to avoid a head-to-head collision with the season premiere of ABC’s “Scandal,” which makes its return on Sept. 24.

Liz and Red ‘locked together,’ ‘on the run’ in ‘The Blacklist’ Season 3

“The trajectory of the story is great because it’s a switch-up from what the format has been,” says NBC Entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt at NBC’s 2015 TCA summer press tour. “[Liz and Reddington] are literally on the run together.”

“It’s going to energize the whole thing. It’s a different feel this year,” says Greenblatt. “[Liz and Red] are locked together. We’re only into the early few episodes, but I think it’s a really fun, new direction.”

“The trajectory of the story is great because it’s a switch-up from what the format has been,” says NBC Entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt at NBC’s 2015 TCA summer press tour. “[Liz and Reddington] are literally on the run together.”

Why not -- because Wiggie getting captured each week and whining about her parental issues was just so much fun for two seasons ?

I wonder if they stopped by the motel and picked up her dog before they went on the run.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

Oh, lord help us no.

Someone posted this spoiler article to the Sleep Hollow in the media thread, and it looks as if we may have another wig.

They need to stop with these awful wigs, or go hire whomever did the wigs for Alias.  No one rocked a wig like Sydney Bristow & Co.

• Love 1

What happened to the hard-ass bitch that her subordinates called 'Sir' ?  Not sure where they are getting this ingenue crap from.

She never showed up at all. Not once. No sooner had she said those words than she went outside and let Ressler boss her around like a schoolgirl.

• Love 1

From TV Line - November Sweeps Preview.  I'm putting these here since they're more or less epi descriptions and not spoilers.

Oct. 29, "Arioch Cain": In a "really high-stakes, super-intense" hour, "[Liz's] criminal identity is catching up with her, and she ends up the target of other criminals," says creator Jon Bokenkamp. "There's a bounty on her head, and that is something completely new for us."

Nov. 5, "Sir Crispin Crandall": As part of their plan to exonerate Liz, Red and his fugitive attorney, Marvin Gerard, must track down "something very unusual, hidden in a safe deposit box."

Nov. 12, "Zal Bin Hassan": Episode 7 will be "an incredibly personal one for Samar," Bokenkamp tells us. Not only is the mysterious agent "blindsided by a truth from her past," but some of her connections to Red will be revealed.

Nov. 19, "Kings of the Highway": In the Season 3 fall finale, "Everything comes to a really unexpected head," Bokenkamp shares. "Red finds himself in an incredibly dangerous position," as does Liz. "The manhunt is at the absolute peak of where it can go. This episode will have some really unexpected resolution, but at the same time asks big questions."

Edited by milkyaqua

The Blacklist: Megan Boone Is Pregnant — But What About Elizabeth?

A Sony rep tells us that The Blacklist will still produce its usual 22 episodes this year, though it has not yet been determined if Boone’s pregnancy will be written into the show. (As the actress — who is reportedly three months along — will be approaching her due date as production on Season 3 winds down, but it remains undecided if Boone’s FBI profiler-turned-fugitive will miss any episodes.

Congrats to Megan and her family.

But please writers, don't write this happy development into the show. You can't even keep track of a dog.

Does anyone remember why she was determined to adopt instead of waiting for a birth child? I never entirely understood that.

• Love 1

Does anyone remember why she was determined to adopt instead of waiting for a birth child? I never entirely understood that.

The show never really explained. Maybe because she herself was adopted by Sam and she wanted to do the same for another kid?

• Love 1

Does this mean that for the remainder of the season we will get Wiggie standing behind a lot of furniture/filing cabinets and sitting in chairs with pillows in her lap (a la Alyssa Milano on 'Mistresses') ?

They could just do what Modern Family did for Julie Bowen - do it so well that no one even noticed. Yer, right.

Is this why Lizzie was only appearing on the background of these last three episodes?  Because Megan Boone is pregnant?  That would explain a lot.

Congrats to Megan Boone and her boyfriend.

I doubt they would want to write Megan's pregnancy on the show.  That would be too outlandish and weird.  But on the other hand, it's been done before on other shows ("Alias")

• Love 1

Is this why Lizzie was only appearing on the background of these last three episodes?  Because Megan Boone is pregnant?  That would explain a lot.

Maybe, it actually worked for the better for the show and I honestly don't notice it that much.

Show has already been renewed for a fourth season, according to Jon Bokenkamp himself.  Kind of a weird way to announce it, but it wouldn't be surprising since this show still does better then most of the NBC shows.  If anything, I suspect this could be a case of it's eventual end being whenever James Spader gets tired of it.

• Love 1

The show never really explained. Maybe because she herself was adopted by Sam and she wanted to do the same for another kid?

The only thing I remembered referencing to it was that video interview that Tom made for the adoption agency where he explained that Liz doesn't want to bear her own kids when there's a lot of children in the world that needs a loving home. It was in S1. So ala-Angelina Jolie.

The Blacklist Spinoff Eyed at NBC, Famke Janssen Set as Female Lead

The May 12 episode of The Blacklist — directed by Justified vet Michael Dinner — will serve as a backdoor pilot for the potential series. Janssen’s character, Susan “Scottie” Halsted, will be introduced in the May 5 episode

Rumor has it that Blacklist regular Ryan Eggold will have a major role in the project, with Tom and Scottie’s relationship mirroring the mothership’s Liz (Megan Boone)/Red (James Spader) dynamic.

A source, meanwhile, stresses that there is currently no series commitment for the spinoff. A decision will likely be made in May. (The Blacklist was already renewed for a fourth season, FYI.)

So if Gathegi will be in the spin-off, does this mean Mr. Solomon won't die?

Also, like the idea of Tom getting his own show. Ryan Eggold deserves it, and Tom/Liz was really getting tiresome.

Unfortunately, I kind of *need* Solomon to die, because I have had more than enough of him. I wanted him gone before the Alphas guy, which is saying something given he came in later. His treatment of Dembe alone "demands" it. Not looking forward to more of him in any form, except as a mutilated corpse. (Ok, that sounds harsh. Not directed at the actor, who probably is a charming person (based on nothing).) But the character also made less sense to me as a cabal member than CIA dude did.

I agree Tom and Lizzie were getting old, mostly because Lizzie is such an un-self-aware idiot and detracts from pretty much all things/ characters/ storylines she touches. Expect her spawn to do much the same. By contrast, all loathing there is actually directly aimed at the actress. Her SLs & the writing aren't helping matters for me, but most people on this show do so much more with less. And the rest who are actually given stuff to do really do great things with it. (Red is nothing *but* cheese and clichés, yet Spader makes it an art form and absolute joy. And to this day I remain impressed that they were able to get me to enjoy Tom. He (both the character and actor, afaiac) really deserves a shot clear of all the Lizzie crap.) She really is a stand out here in the worst possible sense. As always imho, ymmv and probably does.

There were brief moments where Ressler was less of a tool, and the show almost set him up as an interesting alternative to Tom. Wish they could go back to that characterization of him, but I suspect the ONS with Samar ruined all that for good. They really don't seem to have the best handle on his character either.

• Love 2

If you haven't seen it yet, check out JS on Jimmy Fallon last week. As usual, he is a DELIGHTFUL guest, and tells a hilarious story about having dinner with John-John and Jackie back in the day. He also spills that they are currently shooting ep 21, and "if you've never been a fan of the show, if you're a huge fan of the show, if you watched a couple and walked away --- I just have to tell you that Eps 17 & 18 are NUTS."

• Love 1
(edited)

Blacklist Spinoff: Ryan Eggold Set as Male Lead Opposite Famke Janssen

It’s official: The Blacklist‘s Ryan Eggold (Tom) has formally closed a deal to co-star in NBC’s in-the-works (and currently untitled) spinoff series, TVLine has learned.

Eggold would serve as the show’s male lead opposite How to Get Away With Murder‘s Famke Janssen, whose character, Susan “Scottie” Halsted, will be introduced in the May 5 episode of the mothership. The May 12 episode, meanwhile, will serve as the official backdoor pilot for the potential spinoff.

Rumor has it that Tom and Scottie’s relationship will mirror the Liz (Megan Boone)/Red (James Spader) dynamic.

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Love 1

I thought Blindspot was the pseudo backdoor spinoff of the Blacklist.

Blindspot is essentially the Blacklist -- except the clues to crimes are random (based what tattoo was decrypted that week), and there is no updated information (Jane doesn't get any new tattoos).

TVLine Items: Blacklist Casts Banshee Star...

We’ve known for several weeks that The Blacklist would be casting a new big bad with disconcerting ties to Red — and now, we can put a face to the character description.

Banshee actor Ulrich Thomsen has been cast as Alexander Kirk, a multi-national businessman who runs a global energy empire, EW.com reports.

As TVLine exclusively reported in March, Kirk plans to use his power and resources to strike back against longtime nemesis Red — and their tense history connects Kirk to an intimate, shocking secret from Red’s past. (After the events of last Thursday’s episode, though, we’re not sure what else could make our jaws drop.)

Thomsen will make his Blacklist debut in Season 3, Episode 21.

Saw a promo commercial for the new season last night. The BIG QUESTION and all the clips: Who is Lizzie's father? Lizzie to Red: Are you my father? Geesh, didn't that ship sail a couple seasons ago? Me to my teevee: Who gives a cr*p?

• Love 5
On 12/8/2016 at 9:50 PM, saber5055 said:

Saw a promo commercial for the new season last night. The BIG QUESTION and all the clips: Who is Lizzie's father? Lizzie to Red: Are you my father? Geesh, didn't that ship sail a couple seasons ago? Me to my teevee: Who gives a cr*p?

And guess what? The show's 3rd billed actor didn't appear in the promo. Or maybe they've demoted Klattenhoff and RictusFace Eggold has been bumped up.

There was a "Behind the Blacklist" special on last night, hosted by Harry Lennox and the hype was a lot over the top.

"After 3 incredible seasons, fans around the world continue to fall in love with Red Reddington and FBI Agent Elizabeth Keen in the world-wide phenomenon 'The Blacklist' "

Batting .500 so far, because no one really cares about Lizzie any more but more Red is always a good thing.

"For the next half hour, I'll be your host for an inside look at one of the world's biggest TV hits."  "World's biggest TV hits" -- apparently the writers of the Blacklist don't watch anything else but NBC.

They even brought on a so-called superfan/podcaster to question the EPs of the show -- and the first line out of his mouth was "Season 3 was probably the best season so far".  What show has he been watching ?  Does he even remember the "Kings of the Highway" episode ?  Or the fact that they just quit catching Blacklisters entirely in the back half of Season 3 ?  Or how lame the whole Lizzie's faked death was -- and most actual fans of the show would have preferred that she stay dead ?  The EPs were completely useless.

And Harry continues to push the fact the Lizzie was a fresh-faced newly-minted agent in the premiere episode -- um, no.  She just graduated from profiler school, but had been an FBI Agent for several years.  Apparently even the writers have forgotten what they wrote in Season 1.  And when they interviewed Megan Boone, she describes Lizzie as this naive young woman who thought she had a normal life -- yet that's not how she described herself in the pilot, board certified psychologist, head of the New York FBI mobile psych unit, and such a hard-ass that the people that worked for her called her 'sir'.  Hardly the description of a naive young woman.  I guess they really are retconning the shit out of this show.

They actually are pretty insulting to the viewer that the writers shocked everyone by "killing" off Lizzie, and wasn't just a shitty premise because Megan Boone was going on maternity leave.  Come on, since Megan Boone didn't do ANY press after the episode when her character "died", everyone knew Lizzie was still alive.  Seriously, Harry Lennox describes it as a "ground-shaking moment" in TV history.  Again, no it wasn't.

That reporter who stated that Lizzie's death and subsequent extraordinary return "broke the Internet" -- um, I don't think so. It's not even in the top 1000.

The Red vs. Kirk dad-off was just plain stupid.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1
(edited)

Oh great.  Not only do we have the dead weight that is Lizzie but Tom as well...  This show has enough problems trying to write for it's main characters and supporting players enough as it is.

Edited by milkyaqua
(edited)
On 5/14/2017 at 3:42 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Per Deadline, the Blacklist is moving to Wed. at 8pm -- how this show has fallen from the heyday of Season 1 on Mondays at 10pm

https://deadline.com/2017/05/nbc-fall-schedule-2017-upfronts-new-shows-this-is-us-the-blacklist-will-grace-rise-1202093073/

Blacklist finished third on a regular basis on Mondays at 10pm against NCIS-LA and Castle.  Blindspot moving to Wednesday as well.

Edited by VinceW