Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E13: Can't Fight This Feeling

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Can they just replace all the Libby and Andrei segments with Andrei's dad running errands or something? He is literally the only good person in that family, besides maybe Andrei himself sometimes. Like, holy shit, these are some terrible toxic people...

I think Elizabeth has been picked on by her sisters all her life.  They think they're prettier, thinner, classier, richer...and they grew up bullying her--and now her husband.  WELL...her husband isn't taking it and he's NOT WRONG!  I don't know which bitchy sister is which, but one of them SLAPPED Andrei.  Would we have seen the police cart him off to the local jail if the slapping had been HIM slapping her?

HANDS OFF, MISSY!

They're rich spoiled and JEALOUS brats.  I hope everyone agrees to counseling; it will be interesting to see who stays and partici-CHARLIE-pates.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 4
On 11/19/2022 at 8:39 AM, Welshman in Ca said:

They’re all acting like Libby’s pregnancy announcement was the lead story on the nightly news! 
Every time Becky gets on her high horse, I have to remind myself about her rap sheet and mug shot. 

Because I'm not a regular (enough) viewer, I don't know a thing about this.  If it's not too much trouble, would someone explain.  I LOVE that she looks like this and I'm fascinated by her Adam's apple.

• LOL 2
15 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Because I'm not a regular (enough) viewer, I don't know a thing about this.  If it's not too much trouble, would someone explain.  I LOVE that she looks like this and I'm fascinated by her Adam's apple.

Here you go, the whole family is no stranger to the law 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, magemaud said:
9 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Here you go, the whole family is no stranger to the law 

THANKS, MageMaud!  It was all very interesting.  Too bad CHUCK doesn't look back at his photos to learn what alcohol has done to HIS appearance.  I found THIS the most egregious of the articles' tidbits:  "According to the Better Business Bureau, there have been numerous complaints against Chuck and his son Daniel, for running foreclosure scams on renters. The family’s company, CDC Capital Investments LLC, has had to defend itself against accusations of rental fraud. Many customers have complained that the properties they rented were in the process of foreclosure and that the company failed to inform the renters."

GO, ANDREI !!!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

Such a lovely family.  Wow, thanks to all for the above links.

Why don't most of them have a valid drivers license?

Who is the other brother?  If Charlie is the best brother they have to appear on TV, the other one must be a real peach.

I agree that Elizabeth was probably picked on, singled out, scapegoated, her entire life.  I'd bet that it was always Pam, Jenn, and Becky ganging up on Elizabeth.  

Elizabeth was probably that kid who, at family dinners, got singled out for one stupid little thing, and the rest joined in.  Then, when she vocalized her hurt, she was called "too sensitive".

(Maybe I'm projecting myself into Elizabeth's shoes, but it takes one "too sensitive" gal to know another).

So she chose a big, extremely strong personality in Andrei to stand by her.  I no longer think he's this monster that I once thought he was.

Chuck is no "nice guy" that he's appearing to be now.  In the past season or two, he's trying to rehab his image by being the "great dad", as I'd bet his TV persona has affected his income.  Who would want to hire this guy to flip their house?  Or rent from him, knowing he'll likely pull the rug out from under them in an undisclosed foreclosure situation?

You know what?  Elizabeth, Andrei, and their 2 kids would be better off living close to his nicer family in Moldova, threats of war & all.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

If Charlie is the best brother they have to appear on TV, the other one must be a real peach.

Charlie might be the only brother who YEARNS to be on TV.  After all, his wife is a social media star...showing off her FEET.  He wants to compete.

Did she say those tootsies made $70,000 last year on some site?

On 11/24/2022 at 12:04 AM, Back Atcha said:

Nothing wrong with the "apple," just bad photo and/or lighting.  I don't want to be UNFAIR to that vicious snot.

• Mind Blown 2
6 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Charlie might be the only brother who YEARNS to be on TV.

Chuck actually has SEVEN kids and Libby is the youngest. Three of them, all sons, are apparently camera shy, but they have been in crowd scenes, just not identified. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1

Who would want to hire this guy to flip their house?  Or rent from him, knowing he'll likely pull the rug out from under them in an undisclosed foreclosure situation?

No one hires Chuck - he works for himself. He buys the houses, "fixes them up" and re-sells them. Similarly, I think that the homes he rents are probably at the lower end of the rental spectrum. I imagine most of his renters are sufficiently desperate to find affordable housing that they aren't picky about who the landlord is. You have to hand it to Chuck; he found a way to earn a living that didn't depend on his sparkling personality.

• Wink 1
  • Applause 1
16 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Charlie might be the only brother who YEARNS to be on TV.  After all, his wife is a social media star...showing off her FEET.  He wants to compete.

Did she say those tootsies made $70,000 last year on some site?

Nothing wrong with the "apple," just bad photo and/or lighting.  I don't want to be UNFAIR to that vicious snot.

Only $70,000 a year though for her feet pics? They must be awful feet. That Stephanie whatshername apparently makes 10 times more selling a few farts in jars and whatever else she can think of, like worn underwear etc.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 1
29 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Only $70,000 a year though for her feet pics? They must be awful feet. That Stephanie whatshername apparently makes 10 times more selling a few farts in jars and whatever else she can think of, like worn underwear etc.

When Charlie proudly showed off the feet photos, she didn't even have a nice pedicure! Maybe she sells the pictures to some subgroup of foot fetishists, like Nasty Feet Wankers

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 11/22/2022 at 4:35 AM, greekmom said:

I cant stand Big Pred and I was going to FF but the pink crocs threw me off and I just shut it off

Thanks for writing this.  I have always insisted that Ed is a predator for young women whom he can gaslight and emotionally abuse until he breaks their spirit. Then that's when he'll dump them for not believing in themselves.  He is projecting every insecurity he has onto young women who are missing proper male role models.

• Like 2
On 11/23/2022 at 10:58 PM, Back Atcha said:

I think Elizabeth has been picked on by her sisters all her life.  They think they're prettier, thinner, classier, richer...and they grew up bullying her--and now her husband.  WELL...her husband isn't taking it and he's NOT WRONG! 

I agree there was probably a lot of sisterly bullying, but Andre is toxic, aggressive and wrong. He gets me to a boiling point when he says stupid things about the sisters being jealous (has he forgotten how nice those sisters' husbands have been, as well as normal?)

As soon as Andre began calling Libby's mother disgusting names ALL because she wanted her kids to attend her 60th birthday? I would have backhanded him the minute that filth left his mouth. They need to meet without Andre and seriously look at their ridiculous fights - over bad behaviour which they should have moved on from.

On 12/25/2022 at 11:09 PM, Chalby said:

Edited by Chalby
  • Applause 2
8 hours ago, Chalby said:

Only Andre wants to keep flogging these dead horses, because it keeps Libby, and her Dad, away.

Andrei could use serious lessons in self-control, but for me the source of most of the problems is CHARLIE!  Charlie and alcohol.

• Like 1
On 12/26/2022 at 8:05 AM, Back Atcha said:

Andrei could use serious lessons in self-control, but for me the source of most of the problems is CHARLIE!  Charlie and alcohol.

True! But I have a feeling Andrei and Elizabeth weren't innocent re: alcohol either. But I agree, Charlie needs help with alcoholism. But none of them are really in a position to point fingers. The barbecue was disgusting, but most families try to move on. Andrei likes to hang on, so he can have an excuse not to be around her family.

On 11/26/2022 at 7:58 AM, Welshman in Ca said:

The gals on Vanderpump Rules tried to sell feet pixs and made $30 (LVP donated). I doubt anyone from any reality show makes as much as they're claiming.

1 hour ago, Chalby said:

True! But I have a feeling Andrei and Elizabeth weren't innocent re: alcohol either.

No one on the show is "innocent" regarding alcohol, but Charlie takes it too far...he's always out of control.  The people in Production had better monitor his intake and his behavior...TLC could be legally liable if something horrible happens--no matter what contracts they required the "stars" to sign.  If the Queen Mother could just agree that Charlie is not included until he CAN control his intake for a good period of time, he might get the message.  For now, he can behave any way he wishes and she will continue excusing him.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

No one on the show is "innocent" regarding alcohol, but Charlie takes it too far...he's always out of control.  The people in Production had better monitor his intake and his behavior...TLC could be legally liable if something horrible happens--no matter what contracts they required the "stars" to sign.  If the Queen Mother could just agree that Charlie is not included until he CAN control his intake for a good period of time, he might get the message.  For now, he can behave any way he wishes and she will continue excusing him.

I’m not sure if we have seen many examples of Charlie’s bad behavior except the barbecue fight. I remember Andrei has talked  a lot about Charlie, but he is the one who started that fight, so I don’t take his words seriously.

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Maximadc said:

I’m not sure if we have seen many examples of Charlie’s bad behavior except the barbecue fight. I remember Andrei has talked  a lot about Charlie, but he is the one who started that fight, so I don’t take his words seriously.

Have you forgotten Charlie’s wedding speech?

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

For now, he can behave any way he wishes and she will continue excusing him.

I agree that prior to the barbecue, Charlie and his alcoholic intake were beyond acceptable.

However, we've not been privy (via filming) to how he's been doing for the last 24 months. So saying "Charlie's out of control" has not been the case for over 2 years.

Andrei's behaviour is also unacceptable, but he shifts the attention from himself by referring to the same arguments and bad behaviour Charlie exhibited up to and including the barbecue.

If they are going to stereotype or generalize Charlie's aberrant past behaviour, let's generalize Andrei's past, along with his consistently shitty present behaviour?

1 hour ago, Gobi said:

Have you forgotten Charlie’s wedding speech?

Once again, Charlie's had several inappropriate, drunken outbursts and bad behaviour. But if Andrei needs to keep bringing up the wedding or barbecue examples, then Charlie's improved because nobody can point to a current example, whereas we can see an example of Andrei's inappropriate actions every week.

As the Frozen soundtrack reminds us, "Let it Go". 

Edited by Chalby
On 11/25/2022 at 9:15 AM, Starlight925 said:

So she chose a big, extremely strong personality in Andrei to stand by her.  I no longer think he's this monster that I once thought he was.

I still look at Andrei and give thanks that I don't have to interact with someone as hateful as him, in my life. Elizabeth chose a partner who is as self-centred and narcissistic as she is. This is apparent when they confront every question (that requests an explanation for their shitty attitudes) by deflecting and giving a non answer by parroting the same tired trope,  "people are so jealous of us". Eww... Puhleese...

2 hours ago, Maximadc said:

I’m not sure if we have seen many examples of Charlie’s bad behavior except the barbecue fight. I remember Andrei has talked  a lot about Charlie, but he is the one who started that fight, so I don’t take his words seriously

I wish i could tag your post with every positive response available. I often joke that we viewers see a different scene because I'm with you, Andrei set off the barbecue fiasco, NOT Charlie and his lame entrance joke. 

Once again, Charlie's had several inappropriate, drunken outbursts and bad behaviour. But if Andrei needs to keep bringing up the wedding or barbecue examples, then Charlie's improved because nobody can point to a current example, whereas we can see an example of Andrei's inappropriate actions every week.

But if Andrei and Libby have avoided Charlie, they wouldn't be witnessing any more current bad behavior. That doesn't mean it's not happening; it just means they aren't subjecting themselves to it. Also, while we didn't see it, Chuck mentioned late night, drunken calls from Charlie where he calls his dad a "woman" and other insults. I don't doubt Charlie is still behaving badly when drunk.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Applause 2
7 hours ago, Chalby said:

However, we've not been privy (via filming) to how he's been doing for the last 24 months. So saying "Charlie's out of control" has not been the case for over 2 years.

I can't agree that it "has not been the case for over 2 years."  It merely means viewers have not had the opportunity to see it.  Perhaps TLC doesn't want the liability of filming Charlie (with or without Andrei) when he's..yes..."out of control."

1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

But if Andrei and Libby have avoided Charlie, they wouldn't be witnessing any more current bad behavior. That doesn't mean it's not happening; it just means they aren't subjecting themselves to it. Also, while we didn't see it, Chuck mentioned late night, drunken calls from Charlie where he calls his dad a "woman" and other insults. I don't doubt Charlie is still behaving badly when drunk.

This is the team I'm betting on.  We'll just have to play a waiting game and hope nothing really bad happens.

• Applause 1

Since I'm watching this season's recordings, I was going to give my opinion on each member of this season at the end, but I need to share my thoughts about Andrew.
I recognize some characteristics of an Eastern European man in Andrei.
First, it is challenging to endure his conversations with Libby when he constantly swears in his native tongue and English. It is so disrespectful to his wife and daughter, but it looks like he has been doing it all his life.
In his conversation with friends and parents, he makes it clear that he thinks his father-in-law and his wife are narrow-minded people whom he can use to achieve his goal.
Speaking to his wife, he constantly yells at her and demonstrates that she is stupid and does not understand anything.
He cleverly turned the whole family against each other and took over half of the business.
At the moment, Andrei needs a wife to legitimize his status in the  US, but as soon as this issue is resolved, he will get rid of her and marry some young beauty from Moldova.
And he will easily take the children from Libby because he will have a good income, and she will not have anything.
Considering how smartly he took over the family business, and now he owns half with Chuck, I'm sure Andrei will soon take another half from Chuck or transfer the company to himself. By how easily he hijacked the business, I'm sure he had a criminal past in his country.

PS. And I don't care about Charlie since he is not a part of the cast.