Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Beef is Served

• Start Topic

Mia and Jacqueline are such try hards. Just shut up.

That pipe with the water rushing thru it in the bedroom seems so janky.

Peter is such a bitch and fraud. Who is he to judge ppls money when he has no money himself. Did someone force him to film. Pls what a joke. He’s probably trying to rush Wendy so he can con her out of some money.

The flash-forwards are so played out.

I know there is a lot of flip flippers but Mia is the worst. She changes so harshly depending on who she’s with. It’s so lame.

Enough with the off camera Chris rumours I’m so over it. 

Ugh Charisse I thought I was ok with her being back but she sucks..go away again Charisse.

Way too much Mia she sucks so bad. She’s just the worst. I hate her annoying voice and annoying mannerisms.

Charisse fuck off about a champagne lounge. Please lol.

Gizelle shut the fuck up. She is a hypocrite. Wendy probably should’ve shut up after but Mia started the whole drink throwing and getting violent stuff. Gizelle is such an obvious bitch.

Oh Robyn please with the fucking filming. Also shut up as well.

No one hit you Karen pls.

Not even a Wendy fan but just ugh to Mia.

• Like 1
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, blixie said:

Yeah I don't understand why Wendy is arguing that communicating with a man who is not your husband, but IS a potential business partner is somehow offsides, and she is offended at the very suggestion. You met him in a dimly lit bar all alone in episode 2 w/o clueing in Eddie. Come the fuck on Wendy. But as annoying and weird as Wendy can be she has never been the first to instigate physical aggression.

I don't think she was initially offended, more like confused, because Mia's thing was "You knew you were coming to Miami, Peter should have been your first call and he should have known that you were here before I told him." Now, I don't think Peter lives in Miami (even with his Bar One location there) so I'm not sure that I would have thought to call if I was in Wendy's shoes either. Then she continues to go in with statements that seemed to be much more in line with calling a gentleman you were interested in getting with, than one you were interested in doing business with, which is, what I believe Wendy was responding to.

Wendy's problem is that she goes full Nigerian mom in these arguments rather than sitting back and letting Mia talk herself into a circle and tell a lie or two before she runs out of steam. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 11/20/2022 at 7:30 PM, LaurelleJ said:

So we are just laughing about lying about Chris grabbing someone's butt at the table? That's what we are doing? They should all be ashamed. 

That Gizzard's messy ass lying about it.   Ashely did not say he felt her friend's butt.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 11/20/2022 at 8:02 PM, eXiled said:

Mia spent the entire episode shading and degrading bestie Jacqueline. I wonder if that's their usual roleplay, or if Mia is doing it for TV. Jacqueline claimed she ain't with Mia's bullshit, but she appeared to accept it like she's used to it.

Why was Mia so hyped up about Peter?

Robyn is so full of shit. Mia threw a drink but Wendy is the antagonistic one? Messy ass.

I wish Wendy would learn how to argue without resorting to sixth grade insults. A woman with four degrees should know better.

Why is security dragging Wendy away like she's the one assaulting people? The same guard allowed Mia to loom over Wendy for the longest time. What a curious situation.

Seems the Bandits don't see a problem with Mia assaulting Wendy. I guess Gizelle won't be hiring her own security guard after this incident.

What did I just watch?

The John Hopkins University has no involvement with the Real Housewives of Potomac.

Wendy may not be involved with John Hopkins University much longer herself.....

I so agree with this, I was very concerned about Wendy and her job at John Hopkins, not sure how his will pan out for her. 

• Fire 1
  • Love 1

Candiace did a live last night.  She said she's disgusted by Gizelle, Robyn and Mia's behavior. Especially by Gizelle and Robyn who were jovial about what was happening. She said she understands exactly how Wendy felt, knowing she was in a situation where no one cares about her. She didn't want to even be on the trip when she found out what happened, but decided to stay and support her friend. 

Edited by spunky
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, byrd said:

I so agree with this, I was very concerned about Wendy and her job at John Hopkins, not sure how his will pan out for her. 

That disclaimer threw me for a loop. Now I'm hoping that Dr. Wendy's candle game is real right. She's gonna have to sell a lot if her main gig evaporates. And FYI: We've been writing it incorrectly. It's Johns Hopkins University.

7 minutes ago, spunky said:

Candiace did a live last night.  She said she's disgusted by Gizelle, Robyn and Mia's behavior. Especially by Gizelle and Robyn who were jovial about what was happening. She said she understands exactly how Wendy felt, knowing she was in a situation where no one cares about her. She didn't want to even be on the trip when she found out what happened, but decided to stay and support her friend. 

I'm sitting here imagining you in a cute lil newswoman suit, carrying a microphone, reporting on all of our Primetimer needs. @spunky, you're the best! Keep the info coming, babe.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
43 minutes ago, eXiled said:

That disclaimer threw me for a loop. Now I'm hoping that Dr. Wendy's candle game is real right. She's gonna have to sell a lot if her main gig evaporates. And FYI: We've been writing it incorrectly. It's Johns Hopkins University.

I'm sitting here imagining you in a cute lil newswoman suit, carrying a microphone, reporting on all of our Primetimer needs. @spunky, you're the best! Keep the info coming, babe.

@eXiled you're so sweet. I'll try my best to keep you updated. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 3
3 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

I don't think she was initially offended, more like confused, because Mia's thing was "You knew you were coming to Miami, Peter should have been your first call and he should have known that you were here before I told him." Now, I don't think Peter lives in Miami (even with his Bar One location there) so I'm not sure that I would have thought to call if I was in Wendy's shoes either. Then she continues to go in with statements that seemed to be much more in line with calling a gentleman you were interested in getting with, than one you were interested in doing business with, which is, what I believe Wendy was responding to.

Wendy's problem is that she goes full Nigerian mom in these arguments rather than sitting back and letting Mia talk herself into a circle and tell a lie or two before she runs out of steam. 

This. Also, she could have mentioned (maybe she did and they cut it) that she was waiting on Peter's response to do a walk through which is why no contract has been signed. Either way, it really was none of Mia's business. I can't stand Mia. I hate the way she talks and walks. 

I did laugh at them doing an Matrix style replay of the drink missing Karen. The editors really are the best.

Good Lord, now Charisse wants to talk to Peter about a champagne lounge. Make it stop

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

"You knew you were coming to Miami, Peter should have been your first call and he should have known that you were here before I told him." 

Yeah Wendy literally said I didn't know you were in Miami, and he admitted his main spot is Baltimore? So the whole thing is another production set up anyway. But it's still weird she dug in on the I don't shout at men who are not husband. Wendy did such a good job not taking Gizelle/Robins bait in the finale last year so I thought she new better, and it's pretty obvious Eddie shut the whole thing down or she's at least having rightful second thoughts about Peter stealing her money for another failed venture. I really wish she had just said that, LOL.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, blixie said:

Yeah Wendy literally said I didn't know you were in Miami, and he admitted his main spot is Baltimore?

Yeah, this (among other things) was so dumb.  Plus, Dr. Wendy One Wick and Peter are professional acquaintances.  Even if they have a contract on the table, that's business and this trip is (supposedly) a personal trip.  He is just being messy.  Messy, messy.

Also messy is Mia.  That was none of her business, and she has got to learn to control her temper.  You have to be able to control your temper.  I can't stand One Wick, but you can't let someone's words move you to become physical.  That said, I (on a personal level, not legal) don't put throwing lettuce, a barely tossed butter knife, or throwing a drink to be the same as putting your hands on someone.  The first two, I would probably legit just laugh at you, but I'll admit I'd lose my cool over you throwing a drink on me.  And to be honest, if I could put a charge on you over it, I probably would.  But my main point it that I would still put Monique's behavior in a different category.

Dr. Wendy One Wick completely lost me talking about Peter needed to call her husband.  I'm sorry, what?  YOU initiated a business meeting with Peter, and didn't involve your husband.  The relationship is between you and Peter, your husband has nothing to do with it.  This was such a dumb response, a completely unforced error.  All One Wick had to do when Mia started up was say, "oh, odd, he just said he wanted to talk to me so I'll talk to him.  Thanks for the heads up, but it's between the two of us and I'll take it from here."  Don't bring anyone's husband into it.  Not yours, not hers.  Wendy was low for going after Mia's gross husband, and bottom of the barrel low for going after Mia's skin.  Four degrees, apparently none in reading.

Finally, I'm the opposite of some folks on here, I see no problem with Rob walking around naked (if anything, I think it's teaching her sons a more mature view, that's women's bodies are not just sexual entities), but I ain't pooping in front of my man, lol!  I also expect my man to have some respect - if you need to fart, please go to the bathroom.  If one slips out, please just say excuse me and keep it moving.  I cannot be with a grown ass man who still laughs like a fool every time he farts.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, lasu said:

Yeah, this (among other things) was so dumb.  Plus, Dr. Wendy One Wick and Peter are professional acquaintances.  Even if they have a contract on the table, that's business and this trip is (supposedly) a personal trip.  He is just being messy.  Messy, messy.

I don't want to start conspiracy theories about something as stupid as this fight but here I go.

I think the people claiming that Mia originally had all this smoke for Candiace and took it out on Wendy are correct.

I also think Peter made up his "beef" with Wendy so production would go to his restaurant and give him the free promotion.

I noticed how he clammed up when he saw Wendy and basically dropped the matter as if it was a giant nothing burger (which it was).

It was Mia that went crazy and accused Wendy of disrespecting her "family" and then it escalated. 

Mia should be kicked off the show. This is the second time she assaulted someone.

Gizzy will happily lie or throw her friends under the bus in order to stay on the show. This is proven by her whole fake "relationship" with Jamal Bryant and announcing to the world that Juan was not on the deed.

I don't care about Robyn's financial situation but it was clear that she was embarrassed by that information. Gizzy just doesn't care.

She needs her Bravo check.

• Like 2
  • Love 10

I'm kind of on Mia's side for this one thing:  I do think Wendy should have reached out to Peter.  She's wanting to go into business with the person - I know if it was me, and I was going into business with someone who has multiple locations Id want to see as many as I could.  Get an idea how he runs stuff - notice things you'd like to have and notice things you wouldn't want to have.  Wendy didn't know she was going to Bar One, no one did except Mia - so Wendy sending Peter a quick text - "hey, I'm in Miami for a couple day, are you here by any chance? I'd like to pop into Bar One and take a look around"  So easy.  ALSO ME:  Mia had no business bringing that up at the table.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Good Lord, now Charisse wants to talk to Peter about a champagne lounge. Make it stop

That woman threw good money away on her in home champagne lounge and now she wants to take it public...she might be grasping at straws for a story line and camera time and will settle on opening a bottle of champagne on camera in front of Peter.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Does Peter officially live in Miami now? Is that why it's his city? Not Charlotte, Atlanta, or Baltimore?

Papa was a rolling stone... where ever he lays his hat is his home....

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I'm kind of on Mia's side for this one thing:  I do think Wendy should have reached out to Peter.  She's wanting to go into business with the person - I know if it was me, and I was going into business with someone who has multiple locations Id want to see as many as I could.  Get an idea how he runs stuff - notice things you'd like to have and notice things you wouldn't want to have.  Wendy didn't know she was going to Bar One, no one did except Mia - so Wendy sending Peter a quick text - "hey, I'm in Miami for a couple day, are you here by any chance? I'd like to pop into Bar One and take a look around"  So easy.  ALSO ME:  Mia had no business bringing that up at the table.  

Wendy did text him back , he just didn't see it obviously. Wendy told him to check his messages 

3 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

However Wendy chose to handle Peter is absolutely none of Mia's dam business, lawd I can't stand her phony ass ! 

Edited by byrd
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, byrd said:

Wendy did text him back , he just didn't see it obviously. Wendy told him to check his messages 

However Wendy chose to handle Peter is absolutely none of Mia's dam business, lawd I can't stand her phony ass ! 

I feel that was about the contract situation and how she wanted a site visit.  He said soemthing like "I'm waiting on you" and she said "check your text" and then they showed the text

• Love 4
On 11/20/2022 at 10:19 PM, Stats Queen said:

That’s what I was thinking. I have a feeling they might be trying to find a way to fire her (I don’t think she’s tenured).

I agree. And her and her husbands close friendship with Peter/Patricia (they consider him family) makes her even more trashy IMO

Usually commentators have some association with their area of expertise, such as those in academia, journals, business professions. If Wendy did leave JHU would she still have the necessary credentials to keep her commentary jobs? She might, I’m just not certain that she would,.

She might have the credentials, but she lacks acumen and charisma

• Love 4

I think Mia planned in advance to throw the drink. She probably hinted to production. She just had to poke the bear long enough for the bear to give her justification to react. And who in their right mind claims grifter Peter as "family?" And when did she start talking like Rosie Perez on steroids?

I felt sorry for Wendy, with the entire table blaming her without valid reason. Until she couldn't stop running her mouth. Then she lost me.

Karen was sitting in the middle of two angry, physically imposing women, so of course she's not going to "pick a side," as Gizelle kept screeching at her. Was Gizelle trying to add Karen to the bully pulpit?

Robyn sure was ready with her phone camera and TMZ. Did production plan that also? Weird, given that Bravo would normally want exclusive video rights to the event for the show.

My friends in academia think Wendy may have ruined her chance of a contract renewal at JHU. Also, her commentary career isn't that illustrious. There is a TV pundit under every rock in the DC area. She may have ruined that opportunity as well. She is self-sabotaging.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8

I don't disagree that Mia could have planned in advance to shake up and throw a drink, or that it was likely intended for Candiace rather than Dr. Wendy One Wick.  But, if so, I still think Mia lost control at some point.  She seemed genuinely shaken and embarrassed at her behavior at the end.  I think if everything had gone according to plan and she just played out her script, she wouldn't have been upset at the end.  (This is no defense of anything.)

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, lasu said:

I don't disagree that Mia could have planned in advance to shake up and throw a drink, or that it was likely intended for Candiace rather than Dr. Wendy One Wick.  But, if so, I still think Mia lost control at some point.  She seemed genuinely shaken and embarrassed at her behavior at the end.  I think if everything had gone according to plan and she just played out her script, she wouldn't have been upset at the end.  (This is no defense of anything.)

I think Mia had the script..but with Candiace instead of Wendy.  And because Wendy wasn't doing anything...Mia got upset and threw her drink on Wendy out of frustration..which was wrong on so many levels to do.

Also, from watching the show and seeing the housewife episode of Project Runway..Wendy doesn't choose her words wisely, has an uppity vibe, and doesn't listen.

I think the conflict started over a misunderstanding.  Wendy's upbringing was probably more traditional Nigerian where she only lets her husband know if she's in town rather it's business or non business...while Mia was confused since she was raised to keep business separate from personal.

Now I'm wondering what Candiace will do once she arrives later that night 

• Applause 1
2 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Also, from watching the show and seeing the housewife episode of Project Runway..Wendy doesn't choose her words wisely, has an uppity vibe, and doesn't listen.

I think the conflict started over a misunderstanding.  Wendy's upbringing was probably more traditional Nigerian where she only lets her husband know if she's in town rather it's business or non business...while Mia was confused since she was raised to keep business separate from personal.

Wendy seems about as subtle as a bull in a china shop but I don't think it was a Nigerian thing that caused the misunderstanding.

I think Wendy, along with the rest of the audience, was confused about why the Hell Mia was going so hard for Peter about something so insignificant. Wendy even proved that she had communicated with Peter through text and he just had not noticed so the beef was squashed.

Mia was so damn proud of knowing Peter and called him "family". Is it because he is a younger broke version of her husband?

This was a man who spent the last Atlanta finale walking around high with his fly open, according to Kenya Moore.

Edited by qtpye
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

My friends in academia think Wendy may have ruined her chance of a contract renewal at JHU. Also, her commentary career isn't that illustrious. There is a TV pundit under every rock in the DC area. She may have ruined that opportunity as well. She is self-sabotaging.

I agree, and a good point that she is self-sabotaging. I’m not a fan of hers, but her self sabotaging is discouraging- I still feel like she is lost in search of some personal identity.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

I watched this episode twice and I still don't have any real understanding of what I just watched!  As background, I'm a casual viewer and generally do not hang on to every word uttered.  My take is this was a stupid mess.

1.  Mia seemed pretty happy to let Wendy know Peter had a beef with her.  In my neck of the woods, these aren't fighting words.  Sort of the same as he has a bone to pick with you, as in, you forgot to return a phone call or something else minor.  I still don't know why Wendy didn't respond with something like, "We're exploring some business opportunities and if Peter is here tonight, I can talk with him about it if he has time."  The End.  Still don't follow how drinks got thrown...

2.  After the initial outburst, Gizelle says to Karen that she is (can't quite remember the word) the hump in the middle or something?  Meaning she has to pick sides?  Uh, no, Karen does not need to pick a side.  This isn't recess on the playground.

3.  Apparently it is very important to both Mia and Wendy to be viewed as the most business savvy cast-member.  A buddy and I used to call this FEMA (accent on the A). If this is their professional conduct, whoo boy, leading me to number 4.

4.  I have had some professional dealings with Johns Hopkins.  I found them to be helpful and professional.  I don't think this disclaimer bodes well for Dr. Wendy but I also wonder how they were able to see and respond to the episode before it being aired on Bravo.  Curious.

• Love 7
On 11/22/2022 at 12:53 PM, TV Diva Queen said:

Wendy did say to Peter when he saw her “Check your texts.” But whether she “checked in” with Peter or not, it was none of Mia’s business. This incident should further Wendy’s resolve NOT to do business with Peter since he likes to tell Wendy’s business to outsiders.

10 HOURS AGO

I think Mia planned in advance to throw the drink. She probably hinted to production. She just had to poke the bear long enough for the bear to give her justification to react. 

In my opinion, the original baptismal candidate was Candiace but she never showed up.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, lasu said:

I LOVE that nickname!!  Really a good one!!

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 11/20/2022 at 9:21 PM, Ss55 said:

I don’t like Mia OR Wendy. Mia was 💯 wrong but Wendy’s whole reaction set my teeth on edge.

I agree. Mia started it by throwing the drink, but Wendy continued the argument by goading Wendy. I didn’t hear a lot of what she said because it was bleeped, but it sounded ugly.

But Mia clearly started it! It rankled me that Robyn and Gizelle seemed more on Mia’s side. Hard to know how much Mia had to drink, but she was probably drunk or at least a few drinks in. If she can’t control herself, she shouldn’t be drinking. Same goes for the rest of the women. 

Speaking of drinking, I laughed when Ashley cooly ordered another glass of wine after all hell had broken loose. 

The Johns Hopkins comment made me wonder if Wendy will be fired due to some ethics clause, such as her behavior not reflecting well on the university. If she’s not tenured they can fire her. I don’t know what classes she teaches, but I can see how she’d lose credibility as a professor being part of this show. 

I can’t figure out what’s going on with Mia and her friend, but there is simmering tension. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, qtpye said:

Wendy seems about as subtle as a bull in a china shop but I don't think it was a Nigerian thing that caused the misunderstanding.

Mia was so damn proud of knowing Peter and called him "family". Is it because he is a younger broke version of her husband?

What I didn't understand is why Wendy lost her mind her mind so quickly over Mia saying she should have called Peter. Why didn't she react the way a regular woman would. It was such a non issue, it was laughable. But then Wendy launches into the sexual habits of Mia and her hubby? I would have thrown water as well.

• Applause 2
  • Love 6
On 11/21/2022 at 6:10 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I loved Gizelle's pants she wore to dinner, would I look stupid in them? I would be wearing them in Miami.

Oh, you’d look amazing, of course - at least from the front.  Horizontal stripes across the rear didn’t do Gizzard any favors.   Speaking of the devil, hate to admit that I agree with her - it’s past time for Robin to cover her naked bod in front of her teenage sons, although occasional lapses may be ok.

• Love 5

Wendy probably doesn't realize that her actions have probably helped Mia remain on the show.

If she hadn't gone after Mia, inciting a feud that began with barbs about plastic surgery, Mia would probably have blended into the background like so many other "Friends Of" have. Yet Wendy came on so hot that she practically gifted the thick-tongued fabulist her flute.

Funnily enough, I see Wendy and Mia as two sides of the same bogus coin. I sense falseness in them, a lack of authenticity that makes both women unlikable to many viewers. Mia's playing the young, hot trophy wife to the hilt, yet all I see is a coarse, hard woman whose had a rough life. Really rough. Meanwhile, Wendy is desperately trying to ditch the books and good girl persona because she's betting on home goods and a sassy attitude to help her level up. I don't think she's naturally as confrontational in her real life as she portrays herself on the show.

It makes sense that each woman sees a nemesis staring back at her when they look at each other. The same fake chick is being reflected back.

• Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
On 11/25/2022 at 2:10 AM, eXiled said:

Mia's playing the young, hot trophy wife to the hilt, yet all I see is a coarse, hard woman whose had a rough life. Really rough. Meanwhile, Wendy is desperately trying to ditch the books and good girl persona because she's betting on home goods and a sassy attitude to help her level up. I don't think she's naturally as confrontational in her real life as she portrays herself on the show.

Mia is trying to be Ashley but in a much better marriage.

The problem is that Ashley is still fairly naturally beautiful and Mia looks plastic and hard.

My friend (who I forced to watch this show with me once) said Mia reminded her of a stripper from the 70s who is still desperate to remain "hot".

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I love you @JonnieUniteUs for researching those pants...they look better in motion, standing still looks to zebra like and would have to sing "The Circle of Life," from Lion King the whole time I would be wearing them and also, $444.95 (even on sale), I guess I will do without.

I get emails from Big Blonde Hair which covers a lot of the clothing on these shows.

• Love 2

Fact check:

Okay, so as a professor myself I am completely aware that academia still leans toward being a white men's club and has major issues with diversity. So, I'm sure that Johns Hopkins is a very white, male space and that Wendy is oftentimes the only POC or WOC in the room.

That said, can it really be true that Wendy is the only Black female professor at Johns Hopkins?? I'm genuinely curious. And how can it be true that she's the youngest professor there entirely?? 

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2
22 minutes ago, ladle said:

Fact check:

Okay, so as a professor myself I am completely aware that academia still leans toward being a white men's club and has major issues with diversity. So, I'm sure that Johns Hopkins is a very white, male space and that Wendy is oftentimes the only POC or WOC in the room.

That said, can it really be true that Wendy is the only Black female professor at Johns Hopkins?? I'm genuinely curious. And how can it be true that she's the youngest professor there entirely?? 

A little searching led me to the Black Faculty and Staff Association at JHU. It's clear that there are other female professors at the university. But given their low numbers in terms of membership on the executive board, it's possible that she is the only BF in her school or concentration. And as for being the youngest, that seemed possible. 

Then I found this on Reddit. It's a no on both counts. According to Reddit, there are 9 others in her department and she isn't the youngest of them. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Then I found this on Reddit. It's a no on both counts. According to Reddit, there are 9 others in her department and she isn't the youngest of them. 

I am starting to realize that Wendy has major insecurities. Think about when she originally came on the show. At every opportunity, she was calling out her attributes as if she were reading her resume. Season two showed she had assessed her co-stars, and came back (looking amazing) after several surgeries. Now her foul mouth has people commenting that she hasn't the vocabulary to fight intelligently. Given that Wendy is clever, this insult cuts the most.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
On 11/22/2022 at 9:30 AM, qtpye said:

Mia should be kicked off the show. This is the second time she assaulted someone.

Are you referring to Mia throwing the water (as assault)? If that's the case, we'd lose a lot of housewives from the franchise.

• Like 1
On 11/22/2022 at 7:09 AM, spunky said:

It is interesting to read this now, given that it led to Candiace storming out of dinner. It is also interesting to see Candiace back pedaling her comments, by implying, "No, that's not about you" to Robyn.

2 hours ago, Chalby said:

I am starting to realize that Wendy has major insecurities. Think about when she originally came on the show. At every opportunity, she was calling out her attributes as if she were reading her resume. Season two showed she had assessed her co-stars, and came back (looking amazing) after several surgeries. Now her foul mouth has people commenting that she hasn't the vocabulary to fight intelligently. Given that Wendy is clever, this insult cuts the most.

110%! I also agree with the poster a while back who said that Wendy doesn’t really know who she is because she’s spent her life trying to fulfill her mom’s expectations (paraphrasing). And the sad thing is, Wendy has every reason to be secure! She’s smart, accomplished, reasonably attractive, has a hot husband (just me who thinks this?? Ok, I’ll take a seat..) and beautiful children. But then her insecurities rear up and turn her into someone really insufferable. It’s a shame. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Chalby said:

It is interesting to read this now, given that it led to Candiace storming out of dinner. It is also interesting to see Candiace back pedaling her comments, by implying, "No, that's not about you" to Robyn.

The live I'm referencing was her response to her seeing the episode and seeing Robyn and Gizelle being gleeful about Mia hitting Wendy with her purse. The one Robyn is referencing was her going live after they filmed the winery episode where Ashley concocted her new story about Chris and Gizelle adding extra seasoning by saying Chris grabbed Ashley's friend's butt. In that same live she supported Robyn's hat line and said she would support Robyn's skin care line. That's why she told Robyn the negative comments weren't about her.

Edited by spunky
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, spunky said:

The live I'm referencing was her response to her seeing the episode and seeing Robyn and Gizelle being gleeful about Mia hitting Wendy with her purse. The one Robyn is referencing was her going live after they filmed the winery episode where Ashley concocted her new story about Chris and Gizelle adding extra seasoning by saying Chris grabbed Ashley's friend's butt. In that same live she supported Robyn's hat line and said she would support Robyn's skin care line. That's why she told Robyn the negative comments weren't about her.

Maybe so, but when she says "All these women are fake .." and doesn't exclude Robyn (or anyone) by name, then it's assumed she's discussing ALL the women. Next time, she just needs to be aware.

On 11/22/2022 at 12:30 PM, qtpye said:

She also should be kicked off because she is SO over-the-top fake and affected. It’s honestly painful to watch her. And the cast doesn’t need her! 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Chalby said:

Are you referring to Mia throwing the water (as assault)? If that's the case, we'd lose a lot of housewives from the franchise.

She threw a salad at Candiace last season.

Yes, neither incident resulted in life-threatening injuries but it seems to be her go-to in order to get attention.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Chalby said:

Throwing water (or cocktail), and purse at, and hitting Wendy with her purse.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1

I am mostly caught up on the season. And while I have never been Wendy's biggest fan and I do think that she should have left the restaurant rather than let her anger escalate, I can't see how this altercation could have been anything other than Mia's fault.

For one thing, Peter, you aren't the Godfather, you're just the shady ex of another housewife on a totally different show - and your ex isn't even on that show anymore! Wendy doesn't have to "check in" with you for any reason whatsoever. 

I get why Wendy went immediately to talking about Eddie when Mia started babbling about "checking in" with Peter.

Because that implicitly suggests that there is some relationship between Wendy and Peter that is more than professional. You don't "check in" with a business acquaintance to see if you happen to be in the same city. You do that with friends, families, spouses... or lovers. And I think Wendy wanted to nip any suggestion of impropriety in the bud. (Especially because we're talking about Peter Thomas here, who isn't just some random person with whom she is thinking about going into business).

Also I got some sense that Mia was taking it as a point of pride that she is allegedly so close to Peter. Like, seriously, Mia? That's not some great accomplishment. No one's jealous of you because you are supposedly such great friends with Peter Thomas.

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Like 5