Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: Blood Brother

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, The Companion said:

The purgatory flashbacks are better but they are so choppy, and it is hard to let go of how great the concept could have been in non flashback format

Yep, and if they had done in present time even Sam's story might have been a little interesting but they didn't think they could keep the brothers apart and keep the ratings.  So we got this mess instead.    Dean's story was more interesting but they do tend to mess it up.  But I will admit that season 8 started to draw me back in.  I was ready to quit watching after season 7.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, rhofmovalley said:

I thought Benny and his lady had zero chemistry.  Same with Sam and Amelia.  

But Benny's blue, blue eyes.  I do like those.

Benny was one of my favorite parts of season 8 but Amelia was a completely unlikable character. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, rhofmovalley said:

I thought Benny and his lady had zero chemistry.  Same with Sam and Amelia.  

But Benny's blue, blue eyes.  I do like those.

As one who has always been extremely neurotic, insecure and with massive trust issues, I wanted to identify with and/or like Amelia, but nope.  Nothing likeable at all there, and her switch from bitchy to True Love was completely out of the blue, with no buildup or explanation.  She was totally self-absorbed and convinced that everyone should take care of her, just because.   

Edited by ahrtee
  • Like 2