Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E20: Where Are They Now: San Diego

• Start Topic

Of course Krysten's advice was "if she turns you down, you're going to have to keep fighting."  Because we know Krysten doesn't take no for an answer.  And the slightest crumb she does the Lloyd Christmas with Mitch "So you're telling me there's a chance."

And why have a producer driven date with someone in San Diego when you're moving to NYC?

And Mitch and Lindy just completely waste the realtor's time by seeing a house when they have no intention to buy yet?  

It was cute to see Binh and the linebacker having a nice time together as friends while she beat him up.

Justin with the bad snatch reason for not getting it up and then Alexis response was hilarious.  

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Doublemint said:

I lived in New York City for 25 years.  The men Kristen would date are into drinking and hook-ups.   They are not the marrying kind.  There are waaay more single women than men.   The men can have their pick, and the "relationship" will never go anywhere. 

NYC is a tough spot for dating.

5 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Of course Krysten's advice was "if she turns you down, you're going to have to keep fighting."  Because we know Krysten doesn't take no for an answer.  And the slightest crumb she does the Lloyd Christmas with Mitch "So you're telling me there's a chance."

I like Krysten but it was during this episode that I began to realize she really is rather dorky and delusional.

She goes on about Mitch like he was a great love that SHE somehow let go.

No, he was a beach bum type of guy who was never into you but let you down politely.

I am beginning to think that Mitch will have to cuss you out before you realize THIS DOOR is closed forever.

Edited by qtpye
  • Like 1
  • Love 6
On 11/17/2022 at 11:11 AM, Retired at last said:

If Stacia wants a vulnerable man, I hear that Justin is available. 

LOL!

On 11/17/2022 at 12:56 AM, Haute Messe said:

So Alexis still has a soft spot for Justin? At least they have one thing in common 

On 11/17/2022 at 7:36 AM, cinsays said:

i'm sure i would appreciate the joke, but i don't understand what this means

"Soft spot", as in, Alexis's slam that Justin was unable to successfully have sex with her, implying that he wasn't hard enough, therefore that he was soft.

9 hours ago, kikicat said:

Krysten was joking about being the best performer at their outdoor stripper exhibition. At least I hope so.

Sadly, I think she was serious, especially given that she appeared to have seriously touted her own dancing abilities at that couples' retreat.

2 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Of course Krysten's advice was "if she turns you down, you're going to have to keep fighting." 

Yeah, WTAF?  I genuinely expected her to say something like, "If she turns you down, at least you know you gave it your best try", and then advise him to move on.  After about one try, fighting for her kind of turns to begging for her.  [For the most cringeworthy example of begging I have EVER seen on reality TV, catch Ency with Andrew on the most recent episode of Bachelor in Paradise.]

On 11/16/2022 at 10:43 PM, LakeGal said:

I just want to throw a blanket over Alexis.  I am so sick of her look-at-me outfits with her boobs out all the time.  

At the pole dancing, it looked like she had wrapped a huge Ace bandage to form a sling for each of her boobs.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

Good point!

Meanwhile he was probably laughing his ass off at the thought these two could afford that place.

Isn't that the basis for every house hunting couple on tv. The woman runs an Etsy craft business from their 1 bedroom apartment & the guy is an eco warrior who works for a non profit and their budget is $2 million.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Krysten's date may not have said much, but that means he had less opportunity to say "like," so on balance it was probably a good thing.

Like  and uptalking bug me, but what really bugs me is when people put "wuh" on the end of a word. Like when Mitch finally said whatever to Krysten so she knew he didn't want her, her reaction was "WOW-WUH!!!" 

6 hours ago, qtpye said:

I am beginning to think that Mitch will have to cuss you out before you realize THIS DOOR is closed forever.

Nah, even then she'd say Mitch was playing hard to get or something equally stupid.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Stacia doesn't know if she asked for a separation or a divorce?!!! Umm. Okay. That's weird. If it happened like she said & Nate told her to get out, that's not good. I don't find it unreasonable to want to slow things down. They're still strangers. She just hates the words & doesn't care to know what he means. She gets stuck on hearing things she doesn't like, they can't get to agreeing on what they'll do. He is too surface. Taking it day-by-day to do WHAT?!! What does he need? She doesn't care. That's the problem. That was a hurtful implication she said. That he was only there because they had to film. YIKES!

If Justin wasn't so unstable looking, he could've given her a proper "EFF you," but that whole scene was weird af! He looked borderline hysterical. Then at the get-together he was the awkward outcast that sucked the energy out of the room. He thought they were all fake because they didn't want him to be there. Would he prefer they be real & say they feel uncomfortable with him there?

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Good point!

Meanwhile he was probably laughing his ass off at the thought these two could afford that place.

They both have PHD’s so if anyone can afford it they should, the house was pretty average.

11 hours ago, endure said:

They both have PHD’s so if anyone can afford it they should, the house was pretty average.

Having a PhD indicates a high level of specialized education, but does not correlate to having a high paying job.  And although the house may have been average in looks, I think the comments here are indicative of an expensive housing market in San Diego.

• Like 2
  • Love 8
25 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Having a PhD indicates a high level of specialized education, but does not correlate to having a high paying job.  And although the house may have been average in looks, I think the comments here are indicative of an expensive housing market in San Diego.

Lindy has said she doesn't (and doesn't want to) work full time, so even with an advanced degree, she isn't necessarily earning a big salary. And San Diego is really expensive. I'm guessing that house was at least $1 million but I'd love to hear from anyone with more specific knowledge of the market.

I thought the house was nice, actually, though we didn't see all of it.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, endure said:

As @LuvMyShows observed, having a PhD doesn't necessarily mean a person has a high-paying job.  Plus, Lindy doesn't have a PhD.  She has a DPT--Doctor of Physical Therapy.  It's the minimum degree required to be a licensed physical therapist.  People who want to do research into physical therapy can get a PhD, which would be similar to Miguel's PhD in neuroscience.

I found out not long ago that at those dinners on The Bachelor, they never eat their food because they have them eat before they go on camera.  I thought, "Oh, brother."  Then I watched Mitch's lunch with his brother and sister-in-law and understood.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 11/17/2022 at 9:13 AM, suzeecat said:

And yes, I got from the "PH balance being off" comment that Justin was repulsed by Alexis' vaginal odor.  Very tactful. 

I don’t know if it’s true, but I think Justin was looking for the worst thing he could say about her/a woman because of all the digs she took at him.  It was wrong but funny AF. With these two, the truth is somewhere in the middle.  Maybe he got it up but lasted for a minute because I don’t think he would’ve been deterred by anything. And, given what he doesn’t know about women, he probably had to Google what pH means in that respect.  I also think Alexis did the late night booty call but doesn’t want to look desperate on TV and denied it.  Nate complimented Justin to boost his ego because he thought he was geeky, not to hit on him…and on and on.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Miguel seemed disinterested and disengaged this entire episode.   The photographer even had to ask him to put his arm around Lindsay's waist.  He barely cracked a smile or a word during that retreat.  At the end of the episode, the interview with them on the couch, he made the "lots of money" gesture with his fingers.  I think he's checked out.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to read of Nate & Stacia's divorce in a year or so.  Remember one of the first couples, Courtney & Jason?  I thought they were so perfect, yet they divorced, and they got along a million times better than N & S.

Stacia even broke the 4th wall by saying to Nate, on camera, that he was only there to paint (yeah, his idea, I'm sure), because he was told to be there that day to film.

Other than that, just a contrived episode to try and wrap up an otherwise lackluster season.  The experts couldn't even be bothered to appear.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Remember one of the first couples, Courtney & Jason?  I thought they were so perfect, yet they divorced, and they got along a million times better than N & S.

I was so disappointed when they divorced.  They were one of my favorite couples.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I found out not long ago that at those dinners on The Bachelor, they never eat their food because they have them eat before they go on camera.  I thought, "Oh, brother."  Then I watched Mitch's lunch with his brother and sister-in-law and understood.

Not only that, but on The Bachelor they are almost always in a restaurant or special setting where no other patrons are there, and after trying to listen to the MAFS folks at restaurants with the sound and visual distraction of other diners, wait staff, etc., I now understand why!

• Useful 1
12 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

We have no idea what their finances are… housing prices are high a lot of places but somehow people still manage to buy them.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, endure said:

We have no idea what their finances are… housing prices are high a lot of places but somehow people still manage to buy them.

True, but a  Dr. of PT doesn't make very much at all.  Zip Recruiter, Glass Door has DPTs making around 80K a year.  And she doesn't work full time.  The median home cost is 900K.  Unless Miguel pulls in some major bucks, it seems unrealistic they could purchase the house they were shown.

Edit:  The house they looked at was sold for $1,3K.  No way they were  affording that unless one of them had  their parents give them a pot of gold.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/11015-Negley-Ave_San-Diego_CA_92131_M19625-89756

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Useful 2

I thought Miguel should have told Lindy, if she wants to take the step of buying a house, she needs to work full time. What a lazy entitled thing she is.

Justin looked a bit scary at the scene in the park. I thought he was going to blame the limpness on her chunk. I didn’t see the stank crotch comment coming.

That was way too much Krysten. She’s a dud and I doubt she’ll do well in NYC.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

I thought Miguel should have told Lindy, if she wants to take the step of buying a house, she needs to work full time. What a lazy entitled thing she is.

Justin looked a bit scary at the scene in the park. I thought he was going to blame the limpness on her chunk. I didn’t see the stank crotch comment coming.

That was way too much Krysten. She’s a dud and I doubt she’ll do well in NYC.

I wish Alexis had not opened the door to sexual performance comments because Justin implying that her honeypot was not fresh sunk the show to a whole new low and that is really saying something.

I knew Justin would not have a problem with her "thiccness" because he seemed to be happy about it at their wedding.

I think Justin and Alexis are the inverses of Mitch and Krysten in that Justin was much more into her than vice versa and that is why he is acting all hurt right now.

The fool does not realize that he actually got a pretty good edit. Yeah, he was shown to be oversensitive but most people thought he was a decent guy.

Now he looks crazy and manipulative.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

Krysten is likely going to have her heart broken yet again.  As others have already said, NYC is a tough place to be a single woman, especially over 30.  Too much competition and a lot of men just looking for a good time.  I feel like she's not up to NYC in just about any way.

Lindy and Miguel - I'm getting a vibe that they aren't going to last.  That house hunting scene was so obviously a producer set-up that Miguel couldn't even manage to look engaged with it at all.  Also, my husband was a part time wedding photographer for 25 years and said that so-called wedding photographer didn't know how to set up a shot.  

Nate and Stacia are obviously already over so why did the show make them act like they're still going to work on the relationship?  Boy this show is pushy, the season is over and it's supposedly 5 months later and they still have pressure on them to keep beating an already dead horse?

Morgan is a piece of work.  My husband thinks she may be more into women than men - Interesting theory as I can't really imagine her with any man let alone Binh.  She joked around about seeing if she could turn him into an "alpha male".  I think she would clash big time with an alpha male because she wants to be top dog.  But truthfully Binh does need to develop a little backbone.  I think she likes to see him as a "friend".  But given how she was supposedly attracted to him physically in the beginning she still makes no sense.  I feel like there's something we're not aware of with her that is making all this look so strange. My husband thinks she is remarkably unaffected by the marriage and divorce, like it's all good now, but that doesn't make sense either.  She acted so upset with Binh's lying that she wanted a divorce before the season was up but right after she seemed to make a 180 degree turnaround like she has absolutely nothing against Binh and can even wrestle with him on the floor like he's her brother or something.  That just makes zero sense whatsoever.  If she was that angry with him she wouldn't be so over it now.  My husband thinks she made an excuse to get out of the marriage and used Binh's talking with Justin and then lying about it as that excuse when she didn't really care so much about that.  She wanted out for other reasons.  What they are we'll never know.  Maybe she just decided he wasn't for her and didn't want to put in the effort to make it work, but she knew the show wouldn't be so forgiving if she were honest about that.  They would have pressured her to stay and work it out.

Alexis and Justin are just toxic together and not much less toxic all by themselves.  I wish I could cheer Justin for calling her on her embarrassing him about his sexual failure on national TV but he is just so awful himself that I can't even manage it.  The way he acts is just horrible but she's not any better.  I'm so happy they won't be on my screen anymore.  

Alexis and Krysten as buddies?  Ugh, just horrible.  Krysten just keeps going downhill in my eyes especially acting so tight with Alexis.  And both of them acting like they are all that with each other plus Alexis' ridiculous boobs in that outfit made me want to throw up.  This season has made me really not want to watch next season.  I can't take any more of this.  

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

This show was weird and should definitely not be titled "Where Are They Now" because that question wasn't answered. It's like they're trying to turn them into some version of Housewives. 

Also I am tired of the way the use the phrase "it's been a minute". Alexis asked her date when his last date was and his response was, "It's been like a minute."  Unless he had just finished another date across the restaurant before sitting down, that response doesn't mean anything!  I've noticed it on the past few seasons, but this season was the worst with it.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Alexis needed that pole lesson from her last awkward pole performance. Too bad she was dressed so bad. Nate's painting was definitely the best. Stacia's was hideous. I hope they actually talked & resolved things before he showed up otherwise it's weird for him to show up & ignore what happened.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, princelina said:

This show was weird and should definitely not be titled "Where Are They Now" because that question wasn't answered. It's like they're trying to turn them into some version of Housewives. 

Also I am tired of the way the use the phrase "it's been a minute". Alexis asked her date when his last date was and his response was, "It's been like a minute."  Unless he had just finished another date across the restaurant before sitting down, that response doesn't mean anything!  I've noticed it on the past few seasons, but this season was the worst with it.

Please add the ‘make you feel some type of way’ to phrases that should go away.  Justin and Alexis used this phrase a lot.    It appears to mean feel annoyed or angry, but who knows?  Just use an actual descriptive word, or just ask ‘ How does that make you feel?’ 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
On 11/16/2022 at 11:14 PM, Elizzikra said:

I am so relieved to see that Mya has a muzzle on in public! 

Also - anyone here know anything about San Diego real estate? That house that Lindy and Miguel visited, that's about a $1 million home, right? Or it's not in San Diego? I thought it was cute but I don't see how they can afford it, especially if a) Lindy doesn't work full-time and b) they have a kid.

I thought she had a fulltime job and only had student loans to pay off. They should save their money to get a good down payment. 

On 11/18/2022 at 9:37 AM, Boo Boo said:

And why have a producer driven date with someone in San Diego when you're moving to NYC?

And Mitch and Lindy just completely waste the realtor's time by seeing a house when they have no intention to buy yet?  

It was cute to see Binh and the linebacker having a nice time together as friends while she beat him up.

Justin with the bad snatch reason for not getting it up and then Alexis response was hilarious.  

A lot of  this seemed like it was staged to me creating storylines. 

On 11/20/2022 at 11:50 AM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Yet another failing of this show.

We know that Lindy has a lot of Student Loan Debt, which is not good.

Watching this show is like squeezing a lemon to death to get all you can out of it.  My once favorite show down the shitter.  Krysten doesn’t STFU.  She goes on and on .. what is she saying?  I have no idea.  She is boring.  N.Y. Men will not tolerate her garble.  I’m so tired of Alexia’s boobs.  Put them away already.  Tired of Statia’s and Nate’s go around too.  Enough.  At this point, I don’t know if this show was real.  It looked like a bunch of Actor wannabees saying the same things over and over to death.  Too much talk, too long.  Not much came out of it.  All talk, no action.  Is anyone still together?  I fell asleep from boredom.

• Like 4
30 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Watching this show is like squeezing a lemon to death to get all you can out of it.  My once favorite show down the shitter.  Krysten doesn’t STFU.  She goes on and on .. what is she saying?  I have no idea.  She is boring.  N.Y. Men will not tolerate her garble.  I’m so tired of Alexia’s boobs.  Put them away already.  Tired of Statia’s and Nate’s go around too.  Enough.  At this point, I don’t know if this show was real.  It looked like a bunch of Actor wannabees saying the same things over and over to death.  Too much talk, too long.  Not much came out of it.  All talk, no action.  Is anyone still together?  I fell asleep from boredom.

As with a lot of these type of shows, this & 90 day fiance being the 2 best examples I think they started out with real people looking for real people & both have degenerated over the years to just become a vehicle for wannabe  influencers & OF porn stars looking for their 15 minutes of semi fame & fortune. Some have been quite successful at it but most vanish into internet oblivion never to be seen again.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

As with a lot of these type of shows, this & 90 day fiance being the 2 best examples I think they started out with real people looking for real people & both have degenerated over the years to just become a vehicle for wannabe  influencers & OF porn stars looking for their 15 minutes of semi fame & fortune. Some have been quite successful at it but most vanish into internet oblivion never to be seen again.

Oh 90 Day.  I always say I’m not going to watch that trash, but come the weekend, something pulls me there.  I’m weak.  Another train wreck I can’t stop watching.lol.

• LOL 2
On 12/7/2022 at 5:22 AM, Lowell78 said:

I thought she had a fulltime job and only had student loans to pay off. They should save their money to get a good down payment. 

Lindy made a point of insisting that it was non-negotiable to discuss the fact that she only wants to work part-time and travel when she wants to. And, yes, she had a lot of student debt. If they are still together, I am guessing it really won't last.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I’ll probably watch knowing that it’s fake.  The people either need money or want to be discovered.  That’s all.  There’s nothing else on anyway.

I am determined not to get sucked into this trash for another season starting now.  I am searching for anything and everything to replace it and have removed it from my DVR settings.  If for some strange reason people say this season is good I'll catch up on On Demand but if it's the same old crap, forget it.  I am so down on this show right now I'm even looking forward to "Worst Cooks in America".  If you know anything about that show, that says a whole lot, LOL.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
17 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I am so down on this show right now I'm even looking forward to "Worst Cooks in America".  If you know anything about that show, that says a whole lot, LOL.

I am actually tempted to make the move to that, too. Are the people really that clueless or are there production hijinks there, too?

10 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I am actually tempted to make the move to that, too. Are the people really that clueless or are there production hijinks there, too?

Oh I am sure there are but at least that show is just mind numbing but basically harmless.  This one is both mind numbing AND disturbing.

• Like 1
On 1/1/2023 at 9:25 PM, Yeah No said:

I am determined not to get sucked into this trash for another season starting now.  I am searching for anything and everything to replace it and have removed it from my DVR settings.  If for some strange reason people say this season is good I'll catch up on On Demand but if it's the same old crap, forget it.  I am so down on this show right now I'm even looking forward to "Worst Cooks in America".  If you know anything about that show, that says a whole lot, LOL.

I'm with you. 

I am dreading this season and am seriously thinking about sitting this one out for my own sanity.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 1/3/2023 at 5:22 PM, qtpye said:

I'm with you. 

I am dreading this season and am seriously thinking about sitting this one out for my own sanity.

We should start a thread for people either sitting this season out or considering it and want to bitch about the show.  I know now that I've opened my mouth about it people will expect me to start it, LOL.

We need a support group!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1