Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E10: Semi-Finals

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, White Dog said:

Well that's bullshit. Karina Smirnoff was salivating to get Corbin Bleu because she wanted to learn from him.  And Heather Morris was a contestant on SYTYCD , danced on Glee on the Beyonce shows...so yeah the amount of experience these two had at least doubles any experience Charli has. It's just that Charli is so much better than either Corbin or Heather in  ballroom and latin.  It's remarkable that Heather and Corbin got no where near the "dance experience" scrutiny that Charli has had

Karina wanted to learn from Corbin?  <lol>  Corbin started as a tap dancer and did some Broadway and High School Musical.  Karina wanted him as a partner, but there was nothing he was going to teach her about ballroom.  And yes, he did get a lot of flak for having dance experience.  And no, Heather Morris was not a contestant on SYTYCD.  She tried out, but did not make it on to the show as a contestant.  She also got a lot of flak her season as well.  Neither one of them individually can match Charli's experience, let alone double it.  It may seem that they didn't get as much scrutiny, and that's probably because they were nowhere near as polished as Charli right from the get go.  They both had learning curves that the Golden Child has not had to deal with.  She started out great, has continued to be great, and she should have gone on SYTYCD if she wanted to compete.  But it's easier to win on DWTS so here we are.  

I will give you credit for one thing, though.  Having revised your original opinion of Charli on the show, you are all in for her now. Is the show paying you to be an apologist for her?  Because that is one of the most amazing and dramatic about-faces I've seen.

• Applause 5
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Wayne must be getting hella votes because they sure did bullshit lowball him while giving Gabby and Charli perfect scores. The Charli worship was definitely over the top last night and it was oh, so predictable.

Hope it means Wayne is beating both Girls in votes. Disney would love to have Bachelorette Gabby and Tik Toker also friends with Kartrashians (who have a show on Disney owned Hulu) Charli F2. I'd love for Wayne and Shangela F2 but won't happen probably let's just get the Entitled Anoited one who's danced with one of the Judges and is Partnered with his best friend the win already 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Fliz said:

I think Val and Gleb have really stepped up their choreography this season and it's been fun to watch. (I never thought I would enjoy Gleb, so yay.)

That's been the miracle of the season for me, Gleb has come alive from a choreography and perspective and his usual skeeviness factor has been dialed all the way down. I've never been able to stand him, so I'm so pleasantly surprised by this partnership.

I was very, very salty about Daniel not getting the chance to speak at the end. DWTS, you promised that you wouldn't need to rush through the ending of the show now that you've moved. Yet you KEEP pushing the credits as soon as a couple is eliminated. Stop that and give the eliminated couples a minute to speak, goddamn.

This show has never been able to get its timing right, but there is zero excuse now with the streaming show. It's like they fear dead air so they STREEEEETCHHHHH the interviews in the first half and then spend the second half ripping the microphone out of people's hands and cutting the judges off after 3 words.

I thought their insistence on Trevor speaking was solely due to the showmance angle with Emma, they hoped for some sort of announcement there. And it sounded like they were doing Daniel's eulogy during the judging portions, telling him how wonderful he'd been and how nice it had been to have him on the show. It was clear those would be his last dances. Emma also knew their time was up, her face was a thundercloud while Gabby was giggling and whooping it up in her interview with Alfonso. She tried to paste a smile on here and there because she was in the frame, but she couldn't keep it up.

I'm good with the final 4, Trevor and Daniel both did well to get this far, but I definitely wanted to see a Shangela freestyle over either one of them.

I just can't get worked up about Charli being a ringer or her prior relationship with Derek, this show is too fluffy and insignificant for me to care if it's "fair" or not. I get much more annoyed when shitty dancers get to the end or win (Bobby Bones) via the fan vote because ultimately, watching the dancing is the point. And with this crop of dancers, the finale should be a lot of fun to watch, there's going to be great dancing for sure.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Carrie Ann being the lift police can stop. Even Len doesn't care.

I thought Gleb had done a freestyle. According to Google, he had Lauren Alaina and Jana Kramer for freestyles. They were not memorable, but I bet this one will be. 

I will have to take Meryl over Charli even though I'm rooting for C. I'm glad to see another Mark freestyle. 

These last few episodes couldn't be more scripted if they tried. It was clear they had been desperate to get rid of Vinny. Now with that accomplished they're now all in on elevating (even further) and anointing Charli and Gabby. The judges couldn't have been more obvious in their comments to Trevor and Daniel that they were expecting (and hoping) that this would be it for them. They were basically "You started at the bottom, but you improved so much. You're an inspiration. But we have other dancers we prefer so have some empty platitudes and hit the road." It's rare - especially in a semifinal/final - to see Carrie Ann blubber over a dance the way she did with Daniel's first dance and still give it anything less than a 10. That's when you really know they are bound and determined to give them their predetermined score.

And then with Wayne -

Judges: Wayne, you are such a great performer *under their breath* though not as good as Queen Charli...BUT it's the semifinals and we're going to have to be super, duper, colossally picky. I mean if we even suspect your toe isn't pointed properly in your shoes we have to point it out. What can we say it's the semifinals - those are the rules.

Charli and Gabby -

Judges: (After all tumbling over each other to bow at their feet and then having to wait since both Carrie Ann and Bruno got back in their seats and still managed to eject themselves from them and into the audience) *wiping tears* Baryshnikov, Pavlova, Astaire, Davis Jr...NOTHING compared to you. The word perfection doesn't even cover every single move and breath. *shakes fist* I weep at the injustice and curse the producers that we can't give you a score of 10 billion and only give you the predetermined straight 10s. 

I haven't voted since the James Vanderbeek/Ally Brooke debacle, figuring voting was pretty much meaningless. And while it probably is especially meaningless this season since they are determined to crown the best ever Charli, but next week, I'll be voting and giving all my votes to Wayne.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, LadyMustang65 said:

will give you credit for one thing, though.  Having revised your original opinion of Charli on the show, you are all in for her now. Is the show paying you to be an apologist for her?  Because that is one of the most amazing and dramatic about-faces I've seen.

Oh no, you should have been around when I decided in season 10 that Evan wasn't living up to his potential and I switched support to Nicole Scherzinger after her Pretty Woman Tango in week 5. The hate on was fierce!  But it's a situation where Evan could have been great but like Wayne, he divided himself too thinly between other work commitments and dwts.  It becomes exceedingly difficult to hide the exhaustion. But hey, this season I was pissed when Joseph was tossed far too soon.  He was a raw talent much better than Trevor or Daniel, but he didn't have any fanbase, so they cut him loose. So, support went to Wayne.  When his dancing plateaued, I noticed Charli wasn't a typical ringer. She was focused on learning the technique and perfecting the technique.  So that made me love her on a show where the dancing isn't the reason the contestants are showing up.

Edited by White Dog
  • Love 1

We'll have to agree to disagree on Heather.  She didn't make it to the actual competition rounds, so I don't consider her a contestant on the show.

And you prove our point about Charli when you say she was focused on learning the technique and perfecting the technique.  That's because she was already a highly trained dancer and so had the luxury of being able to focus on technique rather than needing all of her time to just learn the basic dance.  She could pick up the steps easily and learn the choreography quickly and then could spend the bulk of her time *perfecting* instead of learning.  Something none of the other contestants could do.  She had the high score every single week on the show.  Every.single.week.  This isn't a competition; it's an attempted coronation.  She was hand-picked to be a contestant, hand-picked to entice Mark to come back for a season, hand-picked to win.  But the show can't control the voters and often those ringers don't win.  I hope that, as they did last year, the voters will reject the highly trained dancer and reward the one who took them on a journey, made them see the joy they had, and gave them a reason to root for them.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

These last few episodes couldn't be more scripted if they tried. It was clear they had been desperate to get rid of Vinny. Now with that accomplished they're now all in on elevating (even further) and anointing Charli and Gabby. The judges couldn't have been more obvious in their comments to Trevor and Daniel that they were expecting (and hoping) that this would be it for them. 

You are so right. For the first time in years, I just don’t care about the final. Their kissing of Gabby and Charli’s asses is just plain ridiculous. They dance well and I might care about them if they didn’t shove them down our throats. Shangela is okay and I love Wayne, but why bother to watch or vote when we already know the outcome?

• Love 5
8 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

You are so right. For the first time in years, I just don’t care about the final. Their kissing of Gabby and Charli’s asses is just plain ridiculous. They dance well and I might care about them if they didn’t shove them down our throats. Shangela is okay and I love Wayne, but why bother to watch or vote when we already know the outcome?

Because, as the saying goes, it's ain't over til it's over.  The only thing the show can't control (at least not without getting into a lot of trouble with the FCC) is the votes.  We know the show wants to see a Charli/Gabby "showdown," but we don't know how many votes either are actually getting.  Wayne could be killing it in the vote counts.  If they hold true to past years, everyone will get a 10 for their freestyle unless it just really sucks.  And they typically also do one new dance and one "redemption" dance.  I think it's safe to predict however many dances they do, Charli will get all 10s for every dance.  Gabby will probably get the same or pretty close.  Wayne and Shangela they will be less generous with because that's been their trend.  If people don't watch and vote, the result will be what the show wants.  If people do vote, surprising things happen - like Iman wins over ringer JoJo and Amber Riley wins overs ringer Corbin Bleu.  Bobby Bones was a fluke, but he was actively encouraging his fans to vote for him, and I suspect a fair portion of his fan base are jerks like he was, so they probably thought it was funny.  We know Bachelor Nation votes but they aren't often able to eke out a win.  So the question is how big is the voting base of Wayne and Charli?  And how much will Lady Gaga's endorsement of Shangela help her?  So we watch and we vote and we hope to see the show's favorites fall short.  Sometimes we win; sometimes we lose.  Charli winning would be as big a disappointment to me as Bobby Bones was but for different reasons.  And a big part of the reason I don't want her to win is then maybe the show would rethink who they're bringing in as contestants and not set up a competition to be so uneven.  One can hope anyway!

• Fire 1
  • Love 6

I would love to know how this season on Disney+ has compared to ABC. I have a feeling not so great. Possibly even influencing Len to decide it’s not worth his effort? 
Tyra’s still awful and even Alphonso hasn’t been his usual professional self. There’s something OFF about this season aside from the blatant manipulation. 
The “stars” are the typical spectrum of talent and personality. The judges have their favorites as usual. But something is missing (besides good timing and cameramen). I can’t put my finger on it, but maybe some of you can. Thoughts??? 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, MissPriss said:

I would love to know how this season on Disney+ has compared to ABC. I have a feeling not so great. Possibly even influencing Len to decide it’s not worth his effort? 
Tyra’s still awful and even Alphonso hasn’t been his usual professional self. There’s something OFF about this season aside from the blatant manipulation. 
The “stars” are the typical spectrum of talent and personality. The judges have their favorites as usual. But something is missing (besides good timing and cameramen). I can’t put my finger on it, but maybe some of you can. Thoughts??? 

Maybe too much Derek influence? I didn't know about his friendship/connection to Charlie until some of the other posters mentioned it recently. What a coincidence that she gets his best buddy as a partner, and the show is clearly kissing her ass to a win. Now Len retires, and who do you think will become the head judge next season?

• Like 4
3 hours ago, MissPriss said:

The production level is off this year. In the Halloween thread I posted some videos comparing past team dances to this year's productions. Quality was down this year on the team dances - they didn't change their costumes and there weren't any props or significant stage settings.
There were fewer pro opening dances when there used to be one every week.
The hosting also really drags the show down.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, LadyMustang65 said:

We know Bachelor Nation votes but they aren't often able to eke out a win. 

2 bachelorettes won seasons 28 and 29. That was very recently. I don't know if that will translate to Disney plus. With the scores so close, I think anyone can win.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

2 bachelorettes won seasons 28 and 29. That was very recently. I don't know if that will translate to Disney plus. With the scores so close, I think anyone can win.

Three have won (so far).  Twelve have competed (Gabby is the 12th).  That's why I say Bachelor Nation doesn't often bring home a win for their faves.  Gabby may make #4, and I'd be okay with that.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, MissPriss said:

I find it suspicious there have been no press releases from what I've seen about viewership. If the show was pulling in numbers we'd hear it. The show isn't doing ads and it's still going basically 2hrs to the point of rushing out the endings so it's just an odd pace. I know they started with 16 which takes up more time (and since the top 3 were basically set from the jump, the high number really probably was just for filler sake) but some of the skybox stuff has dragged. I'd rather proper goodbyes or more segments explaining the dances than Alphonso getting lifted around or the ongoing jokes about shirts coming off. Usually a 2hr show is around 90 minutes without commercials but they're filling out that space and not in good uses of time. 

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, MissPriss said:

I would love to know how this season on Disney+ has compared to ABC. I have a feeling not so great. 

Does anyone know where/how to find this out? I saw something on SM about how Disney is not sharing ratings but I don't know if that's true or if I misunderstood. Is it difficult to compare ratings for a show on broadcast tv to one on streaming?

We know the show has become less popular over the years. One sign is less Internet action. I remember reading the DWTS forums on TWoP and there was a much greater degree of engagement back then with many many posts in the episode threads as well as those set up for the contestants and pros. 

I can think of a lot of things that the show runners did or allowed to happen that have hurt the popularity of DWTS.
I was disappointed when the show went from 2 nights a week to one, cutting out the results night. Then more recently they went from 2 seasons a year to only one without much of an explanation. The Bobby Bones win made a joke out of the show and the inclusion of social media influencers cheapened the concept.
Another mistake that was seriously damaging was the abrupt firing of Tom and Erin to replace them with someone who is not only extremely annoying but also not a very competent host.
And now the switch to streaming I'm sure has caused a loss of viewers. I hope this last move doesn't kill it completely. The show has been a round a long time and it can be said that it's aging but I think it still has a lot of fans and it's a great concept. I wish TPTB would treat it more carefully and work at keeping fans happy.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

I was disappointed when the show went from 2 nights a week to one, cutting out the results night. Then more recently they went from 2 seasons a year to only one without much of an explanation.

I think both those decisions were likely because the ratings were not good enough to justify the cost of 2 eps a week/2 seasons a year.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think both those decisions were likely because the ratings were not good enough to justify the cost of 2 eps a week/2 seasons a year.

Yes, ratings probably caused it to go to Disney+ and the budget was probably slashed.  That's why the production seems off.

• Like 2
On 11/15/2022 at 7:47 PM, LadyMustang65 said:

And you prove our point about Charli when you say she was focused on learning the technique and perfecting the technique.  That's because she was already a highly trained dancer and so had the luxury of being able to focus on technique rather than needing all of her time to just learn the basic dance.  She could pick up the steps easily and learn the choreography quickly and then could spend the bulk of her time *perfecting* instead of learning.  Something none of the other contestants could do.  

This rings true for every single ringer they've had and none (except maybe the OG Nicole Scherzinger) ever won me over fully because I never wanted to rewatch their dances and never truly loved watching them. Except Charli post-foxtrot. After that I had to admit I floved that! It helps Charli is also very photogenic with full costume. She has a look I personally love to watch if employed properly and she definitely does.

It also helps of course that she is paired with my favorite pro and I love his choreography and vision for a dance. Meryl, for example, I was ringer biased against from the beginning and never lost it bc I truly did not enjoy watching her from a personal taste pov and have always found Maks ill-tempered and his choreo uninspired and performance vision underwhelming. 

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 2

Yes. The Foxtrot is what brought me to Charli and Mark. To me she seemed like a talented dancer but would need more experience to really wow on a performance level.  But she really dialed in on the Foxtrot, Tango, Viennese Waltz and Paso Doble to the point where yeah she’s a good contemporary dancer but she could be a great Ballroom dancer  if she ever wanted to go that route. It wasn’t until that stunning Viennese Waltz that her true potential as a ballroom dancer shone. And for me, that’s why she’s the GOAT of the show.  As for Mark he has always been the creative one and sometimes the quirky just bugged me because it often hid flaws in the contestants technique.  even though entertaining  to watch. But Mark 2022 stripped back the theatrical facade and laid bare the technique. There were no shortcuts.  I thought that Viennese Waltz choreo would have translated perfectly to ice dancing.  The side by side twirls or twizzles on ice dancing takes years to perfect and even champion ice dancers don’t always nail it.  The technique to get there is different but the intent is the same. 

She has the Jive on her Redemption Dance so she has a real opportunity to make it a showstopper like Jordan Fisher did on Mark’s choreo. Len called that dance iconic. 

Whoever wins, and it’s anyones to win I’m so glad I got to watch Charli and Mark who probably will fall short in the voting but will be my favourites for a long time.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, White Dog said:

Yes. The Foxtrot is what brought me to Charli and Mark. To me she seemed like a talented dancer but would need more experience to really wow on a performance level.  But she really dialed in on the Foxtrot, Tango, Viennese Waltz and Paso Doble to the point where yeah she’s a good contemporary dancer but she could be a great Ballroom dancer  if she ever wanted to go that route. It wasn’t until that stunning Viennese Waltz that her true potential as a ballroom dancer shone. And for me, that’s why she’s the GOAT of the show.  As for Mark he has always been the creative one and sometimes the quirky just bugged me because it often hid flaws in the contestants technique.  even though entertaining  to watch. But Mark 2022 stripped back the theatrical facade and laid bare the technique. There were no shortcuts.  I thought that Viennese Waltz choreo would have translated perfectly to ice dancing.  The side by side twirls or twizzles on ice dancing takes years to perfect and even champion ice dancers don’t always nail it.  The technique to get there is different but the intent is the same. 

She has the Jive on her Redemption Dance so she has a real opportunity to make it a showstopper like Jordan Fisher did on Mark’s choreo. Len called that dance iconic. 

Whoever wins, and it’s anyones to win I’m so glad I got to watch Charli and Mark who probably will fall short in the voting but will be my favourites for a long time.

I previously wrote that the foxtrot was were I noticed Charli's performance improving.  Didn't like the AT as much since I thought it could be creepier but then she drew me back in with her tango.  Since then, she's been great.  One of my daughters that mainly trained in ballet but has done ballroom/Latin did say that a ballet background does help a lot with VW and that it was the easiest for her to pick up.  So I'm sure that's why Charli looked so good with her extensive training.  Yes, Mark has always been creative and quirky.  It's nice that he could use his full potential in choreography and not have to dumb down dances.

• Like 3

I trained in Ballroom and ballet and there’s no question the dance styles have similar qualities, particularly for V waltz . I could never be the dancer Charli is, however. That’s a talent you can’t teach, but with the right coaching it can be channeled into something very special, imho. 

Edited by White Dog
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, realdancemom said:

Yes, ratings probably caused it to go to Disney+ and the budget was probably slashed.  That's why the production seems off.

I think the blame for the most recent ratings drop and move to Disney can be solidly dropped on the lap of Tyra. I don't think I've ever seen such a bad move made on any tv show that I've watched before.

I have a feeling the numbers this season are pretty low. So many people dislike Tyra and many refused to pay to watch the show. Some may even resent the idea of having to pay if the blame for the move to Disney can be tied to the critical mistake of firing Tom and hiring Tyra.
I like the show well enough to have been willing to fork out the money to watch but I'm cancelling my Disney account immediately following the finale next week.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, anonymiss said:

This rings true for every single ringer they've had

Nope.  Not even close.  Most of the so-called ringers have been figure skaters, gymnasts, cheerleaders or boy banders.  And none of them picked up the choreography as easily as Charli has and so had the luxury of spending hours and hours perfecting technique.  Or were able to incorporate the kinds of advanced steps that Mark has used with Charli.  She is in a class by herself.  No question she's a great dancer as far as technique goes.  That's exactly the problem.  She was a great dancer before coming on the show and was simply too far ahead of the others for it to really be considered at all a "fair" competition.  That's been the issue.  There are "ringers" and then there's a professional dancer with the show truly desperately to make us believe she isn't picking this up as easily as she clearly is.  Her rehearsal packages show it.  If she doesn't win, it will be strictly because the audience knew the show was trying to coronate her as queen and said no thanks!  If Charli wanted to be on a dance show, she should have tried out for So You Think You Can Dance.  That would have been a great fit for her, and I might well have been rooting for her there.  But not here.  On this show I watch to see them learning and growing.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Bruno and Carrie Ann are absurd. It is NOT ABOUT YOU. Sit down.

I adore Len and they better give him a nice send off package with his best bits and some out-takes! They will probably wait till the end, run out time, and then he won't get to say anything! 

Can we get Craig Revel Horwood, please. His critiques are brief but on point, and he is quirky and often hilarious. He is only judge I can stand on Strictly Come Dancing! He is also great on DWTS Australia, where Tristan and Sharna also were judges and were okay, but too kind. 

• Like 1

The funny thing about Charli is to me she’s a bit unremarkable in Contemporary if  you compared her to Allison Holker at the same age. However, Charli isn’t cross trained but has been able to pick up the ballroom and Latin and has given some outstanding performances, which makes me think she really could switch specialties and try ballroom on for awhile.  I should mention Jordan Fisher on tour. I got to see the DWTS tour in Windsor Ontario and what struck me was not just how good Jordan was, but Keo was sick that night and Jordan filled in doing all his choreo  and working the pro numbers like he was part of the troupe.. Frankie Nuniz was on the same tour and yeah he didn’t fill in for any pro. 

It's been a super busy week, but I finally caught up, plus managed to miss any spoilers ☺️

First off-no theme, yay!!!

Wayne-That spot-lit jump was cool, but overall the lights were distracting to me and made it difficult to see a lot of the dance. The judges were ragging on him kind of hard tonight.

Aww, Congrats Whitney!

Shangela-She is so quick with witty repartee, you can't help but love her. I loved the solo section of her Paso, and her VW was nicely done as well. I'm glad she got saved, I think(hope)her freestyle is going to be something to look forward to. 

I'm too tired to research right now-has Gleb ever made it to the Finals?

I was shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, when I heard that Gabby and Erich broke up

My feelings towards Gabby flucuate between amused and annoyed with regular frequency 😂

Charli just annoys me, but I did like her VW tonight.

Daniel and Trevor both should be proud of how far they made it.

Who all caught Sasha's "disappearing" act?

Can Tyra's allergies hang around until after next week?

Ah, Len, you will be missed. 

• Love 4
On 11/15/2022 at 1:12 PM, LadyMustang65 said:

Late night edge-of-sleep musings:  what if they are preparing viewers to bring her back as a pro next season?

I absolutely hope not! I would think that the back-lash that would create would be obvious enough that they don't even try to go there 

• Applause 2
51 minutes ago, marykat71702 said:

Also, what about Lindsay? Is she coming back?

I think she made an announcement this year that she would be leaving the show - something about it being too much time to spend away from her family.😢

I think Charli is a sweet funny kid who is learning about showbusiness in real time.  When she almost threw up over the Paso Doble, and we got to witness an odd look on her face when receiving her comments, that was someone with a bundle of nerves hoping not to make a mistake or take a big fall like she did in dress rehearsal.  Everyone has a journey apparently on this show, so Charli's journey is to dig deep to believe in herself. I could see a progression in her from the Quickstep with some dance position issues and a visible frustration at the end of it to a magnificent Viennese Waltz with a look of humble thanks. Prior to the show she reportedly was frustrated with dancing, and she had taken time away from it. Anyone who has ever danced can relate. Thus, this could not have been a better partnership.  Mark has been away from the ballroom for 5 years I'm sure quite frustrated with the show. and now he's back with crisp choreography rooted in the fundamentals with a partner who has found her mojo.   If she decides to dance Ballroom and Latin in her future this was the show and the coach that helped her see it as a possibility.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, marykat71702 said:

Also, what about Lindsay? Is she coming back?

Lindsay said in an interview with US mag that her leaving was only temporary, and that DWTS was a part of her she loves the show and hopes to return.

16 hours ago, marykat71702 said:

I'm too tired to research right now-has Gleb ever made it to the Finals?

I was shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, when I heard that Gabby and Erich broke up

Gleb has it made it twice. His freestlyle this time might actually be interesting.

I was so shocked too. That romantic dance was stupider than I thought.

I'm seeing a lot of well spread out signs of support on social media for all four finalists each with their share of fans. I've got my fingers crossed that Charlie however does not win the mirror ball trophy as I think that would be yet another blow to the show's integrity. Many folks are aware  of her connection to one of the judges and how it was not revealed on the show. Charli should have mustered the courage to compete on SYTYCD instead of slumming it on DWTS.

Earlier in the season I had thought Wayne would be the most obvious to win but Gabby is very popular among Bachelor Nation, and Shangela and Gleb's partnership has won over a lot of fans. This is an unusual season where it seems impossible to predict who is going to win. I usually have some thoughts on the outcome every year but I have no idea who will come out on top and in what order the rest will fall! The only little clue we got was the fact that Shangela got the lowest overall score among the four finalists on Monday which means she received fewer votes from the public that night than the other 3 cast members.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Melonie77 said:

I'm seeing a lot of well spread out signs of support on social media for all four finalists each with their share of fans. I've got my fingers crossed that Charlie however does not win the mirror ball trophy as I think that would be yet another blow to the show's integrity. Many folks are aware  of her connection to one of the judges and how it was not revealed on the show. Charli should have mustered the courage to compete on SYTYCD instead of slumming it on DWTS.

Earlier in the season I had thought Wayne would be the most obvious to win but Gabby is very popular among Bachelor Nation, and Shangela and Gleb's partnership has won over a lot of fans. This is an unusual season where it seems impossible to predict who is going to win. I usually have some thoughts on the outcome every year but I have no idea who will come out on top and in what order the rest will fall! The only little clue we got was the fact that Shangela got the lowest overall score among the four finalists on Monday which means she received fewer votes from the public that night than the other 3 cast members.

Shangela didn’t necessarily have the lowest votes of the final four.  She got a lower score than Charli and Gabby  that might have offset her votes. 

20 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Shangela didn’t necessarily have the lowest votes of the final four.  She got a lower score than Charli and Gabby  that might have offset her votes. 

Yes I guess we can't know for sure - I just thought it might be a small clue.
Shangela got the same judges' scores that Wayne did so she must have received fewer votes than Wayne.
We also don't know whether Shangela or Daniel had the lowest combined scores because the judges' save was employed to determine who would stay after they eliminated Trevor.
I'm sure they will all get plenty of votes for the finale.

Shangela could benefit from being bottom 2 because some people may not have voted assuming she was a lock but now people may be more energized to vote seeing her in the bottom 2 and figuring she needs the home votes more than the others. 

I can't recall other bottom 2s enough to remember, was this Daniel's first time in the bottom 2?

I love seeing everyone having fun in those tiktoks! Thanks for posting them @Melonie77 since I don't go on their. 

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 1
On 11/17/2022 at 11:34 PM, White Dog said:

Charli isn’t cross trained 

From what I've read, she's trained in contemporary, jazz, and ballet.  

On 11/19/2022 at 9:43 AM, Gigi43 said:

I can't recall other bottom 2s enough to remember, was this Daniel's first time in the bottom 2?

He had not been bottom 2 before.