Type keyword(s) to search

S34.E08: La Ville Rose

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I always assumed that the male in a m/f team would be the driver because so often the cars provided had stick shifts and a guy - at least back in the day - would be more likely to know how to drive stick. 

Is it confirmed that Emily's knee is the issue?  I thought she had pulled her quad muscle, which really just needs rest. 

• Love 1
On 11/12/2022 at 9:16 PM, PurpleTentacle said:

In germany and france (and some other european countries) I've literally never seen a parking garage that didn't have a machine you could pay at with cash. Paying with a credit card directly at the barrier you'll only find in newer parking garages, but paying with cash is the same everywhere.

The problem can be finding the machine in large ramps where directions to it are not clearly marked. We literally spent 40 minutes trying to find the lone pay machine in the bowels of the Munich Airport Hilton ramp and then finding out car again after we paid. 

• Love 1

Aren't Travelocity and Expedia owned by the same company?  I'd much rather hear about Travelocity and see the gnome than have to hear about Expedia credits.  It was so boring and FAKE watching the teams get to "book [their] own hotel".  Yeah right.  As if production would allow teams to stay wherever they wanted, and not all confined to the same hotel.  The many comments "oh it's so easy" etc were so disingenuous.

Sad to see Mattie and Quinton go home, just as I was warming up to them.  Still rooting pretty much only for Molly/Emily and Marcus/Michael.

16 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Is it confirmed that Emily's knee is the issue?  I thought she had pulled her quad muscle, which really just needs rest.

In the last episode, she had a brace around her knee and when she stopped (briefly) to pull it down, she said something like "I need more support under my knee".

Finally got to see the episode - I hate the 9 pm time and day of week that it's on.

I'm not fluent, but I speak very good French and I was giggling at the terrible pronunciation of everyone.  Mattie's was probably the best.  But still, somewhat boring to watch someone memorize stuff or build that tile thing - which didn't look too complicated.

The roadblock was nothing except for the kick which seemed to slow down a few teams a bit.

Maybe the challenges are so lightweight because they are trying to come up with stuff to minimize the spread of Covid, but I think that the most challenging thing that the contestants are doing is driving themselves from place to place.

On 11/11/2022 at 12:48 AM, Vermicious Knid said:

But they say even with all that they were only a few minutes behind at the end.

We kinda knew that already because when Phil was talking to the second-to-last team on the mat the editors left in him saying “I see another team coming.”

On 11/10/2022 at 8:27 PM, North of Eden said:

Love the twins but I'll be honest I'm really tired of hearing about Emily's bum leg.

Molly hurt her RIGHT leg, correct? So we've been seeing her with a bad right leg and Emily with a bad left leg/knee, not one twin in twice as many episodes with one bad leg. I'm catching up on all of the episodes, so it does seem like a lot of bad leg issues to me.