Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: Comedy Roast Night

• Start Topic

Snowflake is a decent singer, but not as good as Harp or Wilson Phillips.  So next week, does Snowflake face two new challengers and the winner goes to the finals?  I'm still all-in for Wilson Phillips winning.  I hope they get a career boost because of this, they sound just as good as ever.

• Like 2

Using my misspost for an actual post. :) 

Bride certainly was scheduled for the boot this week. And because of the roast theme, that was probably why Avocado "beat" Bride for the showdown. Since that "surprise" would set up more jokes in general as we saw from Drew's act. 

Snowstorm was decent but will melt against Lambs and Harp. She has one more round to go before that, and I would not be surprised to see her eliminated then and a 3rd rounder going into the finale. (Since we've had a 1st rounder and 2nd rounder go in so far)

Edited by Taeolas
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Taeolas said:

Snowstorm was decent but will melt against Lambs and Harp. She has one more round to go before that, and I would not be surprised to see her eliminated then and a 3rd rounder going into the finale. (Since we've had a 1st rounder and 2nd rounder go in so far)

I don't see her going far either.  Her version of You're So Vain was painful (less so than Avocado but still).

I don't know who Snowstorm is, and she doesn't stand a chance against Wilson Phillips or Amber Riley, but I will forever love her telling Nick "I don't want to stand too close to you because I don't want to get pregnant". I loved it!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Another reason to expect Snowstorm to get booted next week, is that I'm pretty sure they don't want an all-female final 3. So next week should have a strong male singer to win and take the crown. 

And yes, "I don't want to get pregnant" was the roast line of the night, and I suspect it probably wasn't planned but something she came up with on the fly (probably based on the earlier jokes flying around about his kids)

• Love 3
On 11/17/2022 at 10:50 AM, blackwing said:

Snowflake is a decent singer, but not as good as Harp or Wilson Phillips.  So next week, does Snowflake face two new challengers and the winner goes to the finals?  I'm still all-in for Wilson Phillips winning.  I hope they get a career boost because of this, they sound just as good as ever.

I agree. I want them to win too.

I think it's cute that they still show people pretend voting.  I was surprised Drew Carey didn't make a "votes don't count" joke a la Whose Line Is It Anyway?

I'm glad they did the goofy bit with Jenny's physical comedy at the start.  Robin and Nicole have gotten to show off their chops to open the show, so it was nice to see them let Jenny open the show, too.  I find Jenny funnier than Ken.  Of the four (or five, if you include Nick), Nicole is probably the most talented.

Uh oh, Snowstorm, I think I see a middle-aged boy-bander who can still sing headed your way next week.  I'm pretty sure your contract specified two shows only...

On 11/18/2022 at 9:36 AM, jah1986 said:

I don't know who Snowstorm is, and she doesn't stand a chance against Wilson Phillips or Amber Riley, but I will forever love her telling Nick "I don't want to stand too close to you because I don't want to get pregnant". I loved it!

When she said that line, she sounded a lot like Nikki Glaser to me, which would fit in with the "roast" theme of this episode.

I'd be surprised if Glaser can sing that well though.

• Love 1