Type keyword(s) to search

NCIS: Los Angeles in the Media

• Start Topic

I was all 'Huh? Why do I recognize that Portuguese presenter?' for a minute there!

I haven't watched this show for ages. Nice to see her flying the flag for Portugal, though. 

On 3/13/2020 at 7:02 AM, anna0852 said:

Per TV Guide production has been halted due to Corona virus. 

Kyle Harimoto's IG Story said production was over for Season 11. Rumors are that only 22 episodes were filmed.

On 3/13/2020 at 8:02 AM, anna0852 said:

Per TV Guide production has been halted due to Corona virus. 

I questioned this on Blue Bloods thread I think...how many shows will shut down due to the virus? I just hope everyone is well and pray we make it through this all healthy and In one piece.

• Love 1
On 3/14/2020 at 7:54 PM, 123BP said:

Rumors are that only 22 episodes were filmed.

Daniela Ruah said on her IG that they'd finished with 1 episode still to go, so sounds like we'll see 23 episodes. I'm gonna guess that it's renewed and we might see 25 episodes in season 12?

A little article about the Callen-Anna relationship from Bar Paly's perspective:

https://parade.com/1012253/paulettecohn/ncis-los-angeles-bar-paly-interview-season/

• Love 1

With this little tidbit from tvline, I feel like Sunday's episode, "Fait Accompli" will be a good one for Callanna fans.

Any NCIS: LA spoilers? Especially involving Callen and Anna? –Ellie
I am hearing that this Sunday’s episode (CBS, 8/7c) is a must-see for Anna/Callen fans, in the wake of his frustratingly unproductive, recent convo with Arkady.

I have to admit I am REALLY looking forward to these two episodes:

https://www.viacomcbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/ncis-los-angeles/releases/view?id=56916

https://www.viacomcbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/ncis-los-angeles/releases/view?id=56907

I want to see Dani's directorial debut, plus I am really glad to see some Callen-centric episodes that don't have flashbacks (which have been really been messing up his backstory). Also, it'll be good to see what's going on with Anna. I just will hate it if they have her lying to Callen - and I wish Gemmill and company would stop bringing Joelle back.

• Love 1

So the press release and photos are out for the 3/28 episode, "Red Rover, Red Rover." I'm not a big fan of Joelle; kind of hoping she kicks the bucket in this episode. lol Noticed that Katya (Eve Harlow) isn't in the episode, so maybe this storyline continues to the next one or maybe later. Can't be too much later since they still have to finish the Kessler storyline. I thought Eve was great as Katya--dangerous and unpredictable; a lot scarier than Kessler.

https://www.viacomcbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/ncis-los-angeles/releases/view?id=57170

The press release and promo pics are out for the season 13 premiere--and I'm disappointed to see Joelle as a guest star. What is it about her character that Gemmill and his writers love? The fact that she lied to and spied on Callen, deserted her husband and son, threatened Hetty, almost got Anna killed, screwed up Katya's "defectio"n & got two CIA officers killed? What do they find so appealing? Is it just to mess with Callanna fans? idk (I'll forgive them if they kill her off. lol) Am glad to see Hetty back & a scene between Hetty & Callen, but it doesn't look like a "happy" scene. Why would it? She just keeps lying to him.

https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/09/ncis-los-angeles-episode-1301-subject.html

29 minutes ago, 123BP said:

The press release and promo pics are out for the season 13 premiere--and I'm disappointed to see Joelle as a guest star.

https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/09/ncis-los-angeles-episode-1301-subject.html

Not sure if it's a spoiler or not so I'm going to tag it to be on the safe side.

Spoiler

I read that the "next conflict" would involve a "couple of old friends" but that they wouldn't be as friendly as we've previously seen them or something along those lines. If they include Joelle in this then I don't recall having perceived her as all that friendly up until now.

I guess they want us to see how Joelle is dealing with her amputation? I don't know. I really wish Joelle would go back to her family. Yes, I want to get rid of her but it also seems like the perfect opportunity. She seems to really love them, so why won't she go to be with them and be happy?

I liked Joelle as Callen's girlfriend, now, I just find her annoying. Probably because I never found this whole spy thing to be believable starting with the fact that the CIA is strictly forbidden from operating on US soil. But I'm also very sure that they never intended for Joelle to be a spy and someone at some point thought they had a brilliant idea and it would be an ingenious twist. There seem to have been so many women in Callen's life who were spies and procedurals keep pulling characters out of a hat whenever they need them but they had to make Joelle a spy? And now she just won't go away.

38 minutes ago, 123BP said:

What do they find so appealing? Is it just to mess with Callanna fans?

I'm under the impression that procedurals love love triangles. I don't know if they think they have to do it or think they're so clever or if TPTB of NCIS LA think that they've put a clever twist on it...

As far as killing her is concerned, I think that would be the other option: either let her go back to her family and be happy or put her out of her misery because I'm not under the impression that she's happy being away from her family.
To be honest, killing her off could have an interesting impact on Callen given his complex relationship with her.

I just had a flash, that I'm sure someone has had before me.  Callan is Harry Potter, and Hetty is Dumbledore in the SpecOps/Spy world.  Bear with me.....  Orphan boy, left to be raised in horrible conditions (series of foster homes), watched from afar by an older superstar mentor who then recruited the young orphan to further a cause and continually manipulated and lied to him while professing to care deeply for him.

I'm sure we could stretch the metaphor to include Ron (Sam), Hermione (Kensi), Neville (Deeks), Luna (Nell), etc.

Eh, SyFy has been running Harry Potter marathons lately, and I just let it burble away in the background, so I think my subconscious is playing games with me.

• Love 4
Just now, HurricaneVal said:

I just had a flash, that I'm sure someone has had before me.  Callan is Harry Potter, and Hetty is Dumbledore in the SpecOps/Spy world.  Bear with me.....  Orphan boy, left to be raised in horrible conditions (series of foster homes), watched from afar by an older superstar mentor who then recruited the young orphan to further a cause and continually manipulated and lied to him while professing to care deeply for him.

I made the 'Hetty is Dumbledore' comparison several seasons ago!

• Love 1

Read the press release & I'm confused--and annoyed to see Joelle AGAIN. I'm confused because this episode seems to be several days after the season 12 finale, but if Joelle's after Katya & Joelle's in L.A., that means that Katya is still in L.A.? And if Katya is in L.A., does that mean she's always been in L.A. & still after Anna? And if she was always in L.A., why was Anna being shipped to Russia in "Noble Maidens"? Is Anna still going after Katya? Are Callen & Anna still a couple? The only thing that seems sure is that Zasha is the informant in danger Also think the young boy is part of a separate story with Deeks (because Deeks isn't in any of the promo pics) so they can focus on him becoming a dad.

On 9/2/2021 at 11:56 PM, CheshireCat said:

I liked Joelle as Callen's girlfriend, now, I just find her annoying. Probably because I never found this whole spy thing to be believable starting with the fact that the CIA is strictly forbidden from operating on US soil. But I'm also very sure that they never intended for Joelle to be a spy and someone at some point thought they had a brilliant idea and it would be an ingenious twist. There seem to have been so many women in Callen's life who were spies and procedurals keep pulling characters out of a hat whenever they need them but they had to make Joelle a spy? And now she just won't go away.

This ⬆️100x this. Couldn't agree more. The transformation of Joelle into CIA was stupid (they're going to post a top operative as a kindergarten teacher for YEARS?). And all the women who pop out without warning. It gives me a headache the stories are so lame.

So, according to this article, Gemmill doesn't know what will happen to Callen and Anna (he's done a half ass job with this couple, imo), and Eric will write another episode. Writing is tough and I hope whatever he writes is better than "Mother" which was a pretty dismal rewrite of "Raven and Swans" from S4 with a little Bourne thrown in. Maybe he should rewatch earlier episodes to make sure he writes something more original. Dani will direct his episode. She did a good job with "Russia."

https://tvline.com/2021/09/09/ncis-los-angeles-season-13-spoilers-callen-anna-eric-christian-olsen/

NCIS: Los Angeles First Look: Series Alum Peter Cambor Returns as Nate Getz — What's Kilbride Telling Him?

Cambor was with the CBS drama at the start, and last appeared as Operational Psychologist Nate Getz midway through Season 8. As showrunner Scott Gemmill told TVLine last fall, “We almost brought him back” on a previous occasion, but “it didn’t work out for various reasons. But we have talked about him coming back specifically this [season], because of what Callen is going through.”

Specifically, in the Sunday, March 13 episode titled “All the Little Things,” Nate  meets with Gerald McRaney’s Admiral Kilbride and learns about the CIA project from the ‘70s and ‘80s involving children.

NCIS: Los Angeles #300 First Look: Richard Gant Begins Arc as Sam's Dad

TVLine has learned exclusively that in the high octane drama’s milestone hour, titled “Work & Family” and airing Sunday, May 8, Richard Gant will begin a recurring role as Raymond Hanna, father of LL Cool J’s Sam.

In Gant’s first episode, Sam moves in with his father to help take care of him as he struggles more and more with early-onset dementia.

On 2/24/2022 at 7:05 PM, wlk68 said:

I'm pretty sure this will be the last season. There hasn't been a new episode since ... November. Or maybe early December.

CBS has always aired its Sunday shows sparsely during Football and Awards seasons. (This year, it wasn't awards but the Olympics).

On 2/24/2022 at 7:05 PM, wlk68 said:

Sunday night on CBS is where television shows go to die.

I think that's only the 10 p.m. slot. Shows that air at 8 are often doing pretty well and shows at 9 can still have a pretty decent audience.

2 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

Because, obviously, after losing his wife Sam has to go through something else really difficult with a family member.

Sometimes I wonder if writers/showrunners know how to tell an upbeat story that doesn't include tragedy in one way or another.

From TV Line, Matt's Inside Line

The NCIS: Los Angeles finale was great but sure felt like it was written to maybe be a series finale. Is it safe to say next season will be the last? –D.B.

Actually, at this point in time at least, CBS Entertainment president Kelly Kahl told me that NCIS: LA Season 14 will neither be shortened (as per a 13-episode rumor that once made rounds) nor necessarily the last.
  • Useful 1

From TVLine, Matt's Inside Line

Any scoop on whether NCIS: LA‘s Daniela Ruah will be directing any early episodes of Season 14? –Tony

Indeed she will, as revealed via her Instagram. Asked to preview Ruah’s latest directorial effort, showrunner Scott Gemmill told Inside Line that in Episode 5, titled “Flesh & Blood” and written by Chad Mazero, will deal with domestic abuse in the Navy and some missing explosives. (A previous version of this teaser cited Episode 4, which is about Sam’s son Aiden.) Bonus scoop: Real-life war veteran/amputee Gregory Gadson will guest-star in Episode 3 as a colleague of Kilbride’s who is struggling.

I really don't care about a colleague of Killbride's. The show is going into its 14th season. Most characters have been there since the beginning. I care about them. Not to mention that Hetty's position was never that of big importance and if there was an episode that dealt with her, it tied in with the team. That's not possible with Killbride since he has no connection with the team and I want them to stop forcing him on us.

On a different subject, are we to understand the scoop to mean that episode 4 is not what they previously said it was about or also about that?

Will NCIS: LA's Hetty RSVP for Callen's Wedding? EP Reveals the Latest Plan

As part of TVLine’s in-depth NCIS: Los Angeles Fall Preview, showrunner R. Scott Gemmill said that shortly after Season 14 opens (on Sunday, Oct. 9), Callen (played by Chris O’Donnell) will be thinking about his and Anna’s (Bar Paly) upcoming wedding when “he realizes he has unfinished business, and wouldn’t want to get married without Hetty present.” Callen’s wish to have his adoptive mother on hand for his big day will — eventually, hopefully — precipitate a return for Hetty and the 77-year-old Hunt.

“The plan,” Gemmill says, “is to go and rescue her at some point, find out what she’s gotten herself into.

• Love 1