Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E11: November 1, 2022

• Start Topic

Sir, “having a golden retriever” is not a “core value.” This dog isn’t dead yet? He spent $80,000 to keep this dog alive for 9 more months—and then promptly leaves for half that time to film 2 shows? Okaaaay.

Logan and Kate are having the exact same conversation that Eliza and Rodney had last night!!! Okay, these producers are really getting in their heads and telling the girls and guys opposite things. I really can’t imagine that all 4 of these people would have the same speeches on their own.

These zip lines aren’t attached to the cables?! Oh, hell no. 

The cost of this radiation has gone up. I thought my coworker was insane for spending $5,000 on her 16-year-old cat’s operation. But over $100,000 to extend a dog’s life by a year—and then not even be there?!? What the heck! This is not fiscally responsible. Now he’s telling her about how he trash-talked Gabby and  Rachel.  Hayden is not good at dating—or just life in general.

Uh-oh, we got a problem on Geometry Island or (whatever Johnny said) that the cast can’t solve! Does Eliza subtract Justin or Rodney? Take justin’s reaction faces and multiply by Rodney’s sad face. Justin and Rodney are each starting every single sentence with “I’m going to be honest with you, bro.” Lol. If Eliza wants someone who will “make a scene” to prove his love, then maybe Rodney isn’t the right person for her. He just wants a nice woman and live a happy, normal life, maybe trying a new variety of apple at the grocery store once in a while to spice things up. Is Eliza immediately kissing Justin so Rodney will come over and threaten him to a duel?!

that stone-faced “what’s up? I’m Joey” “And I’m Justin,” is like a bad basic cable commercial for a local car dealership. Rodney would be their best salesman, the way he was practically like, What do I need to do to get you into this relationship today? Now the show is ripping off MTV with “A double shot at love” with two other Jersey Shore rejects. Shenae is once again saying she has a connection unlike she’s had with anyone else. She has literally said that about every single one of the many guys she’s kissed!!

Genevieve is just rolling to the airport in her bikini. “You don’t know what I’m thinking!” “Everyone does.” Lol! Genevieve is the most exhausting, unstable person in Bachelor History. Instead of letting her go, Aaron says he’s falling in love with her, too?!? Holy fuck. Well, good luck with your tumultuous life. If she’s like this when you literally have no life’s responsibilities, how’s she going to react if you’re spending too much time playing with the kids or forget to pick up the milk? Sid and Nancy?! Uh, they didn’t exactly have a nice life together. Let’s be fair. Genevieve is the Sid in this relationship. Will Aaron make it out alive? Being gaslighted was the least of his worries.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 14

Our previous dog, also a golden retriever  by the way, (but older) had been diagnosed with cancer of the spine. The vet told us that treatment was possible,  but expensive. He also said that chemo or radiation would make her feel sick , and that she wouldn't understand what she was going through, only that she felt worse. He said that since treatment would prolong her life but not cure her, it was almost cruel to make her go through  it. His advice was to take her home, love her, pamper her, and that she would let us know when it was time for her to go. That is what we did.

I'm not judging anyone who makes a different decision,  just that when Hayden talks, it's like he needed to keep his dog alive for himself, not for Rambo.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 9
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
26 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

The cost of this radiation has gone up. I thought my coworker was insane for spending $5,000 on her 16-year-old cat’s operation. But over $100,000 to extend a dog’s life by a year—and then not even be there?!? What the heck! This is not fiscally responsible.

Yeah, his constant speeches and declarations about this make him sound like a liar.

• Like 4
30 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

that stone-faced “what’s up? I’m Joey” “And I’m Justin,” is like a bad basic cable commercial for a local car dealership. Rodney would be their best salesman, the way he was practically like, What do I need to do to get you into this relationship today? Now the show is ripping off MTV with “A double shot at love” with two other Jersey Shore rejects.

I’m not real thrilled to say this but the twins are from my state of Connecticut. Brookfield, which is a very nice town. Spacious rural/suburbia type area. My son and daughter in law got married there in one of those big fancy houses that are venues for events, such as weddings. It was very nice there and Brookfield is a not a shabby place to come from, though they really do seem like Jersey boys. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I think Aaron did kind of over-react to Genevieve wanting some time with him, but maybe he saw it as an out of their relationship. The producers probably got to him and had him ask her to stay. I did use it as a life lesson moment for my daughter that fighting like that is NOT as sign of a good relationship, contrary to what Victoria and the other girl were saying. 

My life lesson was to not watch Bachelor in Paradise with my daughter in the room…

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

Genevieve is toxic for sure, but Aaron has an aggressive streak that I find really scary. We saw some of it on Katie's season as well as last BIP season. This season folks were commenting how much nicer he is, but I saw the rage come out again tonight. Aaron needs to stay away from women like Genevieve but also continue working on himself.

I wonder if Hayden telling everyone how much he spent on his dog's cancer treatment was supposed to be a flex to let the women believe he's rich. For all we know, he could have wiped out all his savings and/or maxed out several credit cards. Not that it matters either way because I'm sure he's lying. I wouldn't be surprised if Rambo never existed to begin with.

4 hours ago, dizzyd said:

That’s 3 times in a row the ladies give out roses!

I noticed that too. It seems like there are only men left to send to the beach - TPTB either didn't do the math correctly or weren't able to recruit enough women. Maybe they just didn't count on so many women self-eliminating. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 9

I'm a little reluctant to completely dump on Eliza or Kate. Like with Rachel last season, we are being shown curated, out-of-context moments in an environment designed to make everyone nuts (plus the producers are tripping over themselves to drive the narrative this season).

That may be somewhat true for Genevieve too, but she is so over the top in all her reactions, she seems to be deliberately giving production what they want.

In general, if you leave the Bachelor or Bachelorette with a positive edit, stay away from BiP. If you were a villain, go for it. You might still be a villain, like Pizza Pete, but you might get a Shanae-style redemption.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

As an aside, I don't care that they brought Justin back.  They'll probably bring back whoever they want that asks to come back.

Look at the special treatment they gave Michael.  They gave him someone to string along, that poor sweet young girl, and then he dumped her ass, and then they brought in Danielle (?) and then he didn't have to compete in Casa Amor.  Straight up bullshit.  How is what happened with Justin less fair than that, you know what I mean?

Exactly. I liken it to when survivor hides an immunity idol right in front of someone who is aboit to be kicked off. Its ridiculous.

• Love 1

We really don’t want to mock the Paradisians incessantly but comparisons to cavemen finally learning to make fire after several weeks on the property are easy enough.

Hayden and his dog are here, one of them in spirit at least, although the sound engineers have a bit of fun with a barking sound effect. Hayden has the air of someone who orders Bud Light at every restaurant, bar, sporting event and even microbrewery. Shanae is the devil’s candy, luring one unfortunate male after another into her neurotic vortex.

If you want the unvarnished truth, ask a Dutch person. Or an Australian. Well, Florence is both and suffers fools like Hayden not at all. And how does she know about frat boys? Feigning interest in his dog is taking all the restraint she can muster but the absent dog is still much more interesting than his sweaty-salty backstory.

Kate ‘shot her shot’ and, days later, wants to test the relationship? And now she’s upset that Logan is bypassing the drama. Do make up your mind, dear. And now Kate is ‘pissed’ about a situation she could have avoided entirely with the two-letter word N-O in response to Hayden. Odd. But it more or less confirms that the Paradisians really don’t have the option to leave the unfortunate new arrival twisting in the wind.

Did you hear it? The hawk screech sound effect that is. Any broad vista regardless of location will get the sound whether there are actual hawks overhead or not. To be fair they’re mocking Hayden’s own screech while ziplining.

Kate continues to complain about that which she didn’t want in the first place but agreed to anyway. One can only imagine her indecision and arbitrary moods when ordering a meal. She may be one of those who sends the waiter away three times before ordering water. Memo to Kate: sliding down a thin cable over a rocky gorge in a far-flung place with minimal safety equipment is supposed to generate its share of adrenaline. Hayden may not be Evel Knievel but he’s allowed to show some nerves.

Kate is very torqued off that Hayden spent big money on vet care and equally torqued off that the ‘excellent communicator’ spoke candidly or critically to Gabby. All that honesty-in-a-relationship stuff goes out the window when encountering some actual honesty. Funny, that.

There’s probably a metaphor in people bumping a volleyball around in a random circle...

Eliza would smile and laugh at a weather report but she has Justin convinced he’s Kevin Hart. You’re second choice, Rodney. Doing one interview after another isn’t going to improve things. ‘If you had said no to the date he offered’ is the preferred alibi for the ladies, who would predictably lose their minds with indignation if their partner presumed to tell them no. The lads can’t win, nor are they meant to.

Gold Justin, Silver Joey. Bros who are bros and bros who are bros, bro. In muscle shirts no less, dude. Jokes aside for a moment, the doppelganger phenomenon is fascinating to those who wonder if they have a double somewhere in the world or who actually encounter their double. But a one-off meeting is nothing compared to having an identical twin for life. Speaking of twins, there’s no opportunity now to bring blonde Haley & Emily back again as both are engaged. As the article helpfully points out, ‘Haley & Emily are both 28.’ You don’t say.

The boys are aiming high by going for the two most attractive women but they say no, thus wrecking the ‘women can’t say no to dates’ theory in an instant. It was fate – and the producers putting their foot down – that sent Shanae and Florence with the twins. The less said about the revolting drinking games the better except we’ve already seen that Shanae needs no enticements or distractions in necking the booze. God bless her for keeping her abs taut despite extensive practice bending the elbow. Judgment down, libido up. She also needs no enticements to declare that THIS hookup is the special one. Rinse and repeat.

With all the subtlety of a flying mallet, one twin asks Flo ‘do you feel anything?’ The honest answer for her might be ‘boredom’ after a long stretch of singledom on the beach. Ah, what the hell. It may be tilting at windmills (Dutch pun!) but Flo locks lips anyway.

We once had The Perils Of Penelope Pitstop. Now we get The Grumbles, Grouches And Gripes Of Genevieve Parisi The Paradisian. According to a commercial-free, edited copy of the episode provided through the kindness of internet strangers, the final act featuring the bizarre passive-aggressive argument between Genny & Aaron occupies an excruciating 22 min of airtime with an excruciating number of indignant are-you-joking-right-nows.

Aaron wants to spend time with Genevieve. This upsets Genevieve. Genevieve wants to spend time with Aaron. This upsets Aaron. If this is love, give us war. Never mind, we’ve got both already. ‘They’re arguing’ sagely observes Victoria. She’s a clever one. Sensing danger, members of the herd disperse. Sensing drama, members of the herd reconvene to gawk.

Genevieve storms off past a staggering number of crew members. The flurry of activity is so intense now that Eliza’s bum escapes the black box treatment.

Aaron, sensing real danger, trots out his secret weapon – the dramatically cracking voice. He also spits out an insincere-sounding Imfallinginlovewithyoutoo which nevertheless excites the eavesdroppers. Victoria pumps her fists in triumph but her, er, feminine assets barely move thus confirming their provenance. Not a complaint, mind you, just an observation after years of similar observation. At this point, we can only conclude that Genevieve is genetically incapable of smiling or being happy and we’re starting to feel the same conditioned response. Damn you, Pavlov!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

Genevieve needs to cut her hair .. well , take out the extensions . She needs a shorter Bob . 

Its clear Aaron has his issues too but I genuinely think she’s nuts . She’s always running around angry , has a constant scowl on her face , is still going on about Justin who did nothing to her ( if anything , she was much worse to him than he was to her .) I don’t see her lasting with anyone in the real world unless she learns to overcome getting angry over every little thing . 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

I think he remembers exactly. He just doesn't want to say it. He knows that relationship is toxic.

I meant more the being stabbed to death/dying from an overdose aspect of the story. I’m sure he knows they didn’t live happily ever after - at least I hope so!

While I do think Aaron overreacted, I have to give the guy some leeway. Genevieve would be completely exhausting to date! She’s a complete drama queen and needs constant reassurance from her guy. But hey, those crazy kids are “falling in love”!!

As for Eliza and Kate, don’t even get me started. If Rodney and Logan had told them, “Please don’t go on the date” the boys would’ve been vilified for daring to “tell the women what to do.” I guarantee it. They’re in a no-win scenario. Rodney was so sweet and heartfelt when he was trying to make up with Eliza, and she was stone cold. I can’t stand it when the women say, “Fight for me.” What the hell? How about just tell me how you feel?

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 13

Rodney is behaving in one of the most mature ways I have ever seen anyone act on shows like this. And Eliza doesn't like it. She is hot, so she expects every man to turn himself inside out over her, and Rodney isn't, so she doesn't know what to do. 

Aaron is a tool Guys always act this way when they want to detach from a girl. In RL he would just ghost Genevieve but it's the island so he doesn't want to leave, so he acts like a jerk. Genevieve should just disregard him and hope some other guy shows interest in her. It is BIP after all, that is what they are here for. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, gwen747 said:

I think it's funny how Logan is talking about how young the twins are, their mom picking them up from school, etc. He's TWO years older than they are. Not exactly a huge difference.

Flashbacks of Rachel dumping Zach saying that his age turned her off.  He said he is four months younger than she is.  🙄

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Our previous dog, also a golden retriever  by the way, (but older) had been diagnosed with cancer of the spine. The vet told us that treatment was possible,  but expensive. He also said that chemo or radiation would make her feel sick , and that she wouldn't understand what she was going through, only that she felt worse. He said that since treatment would prolong her life but not cure her, it was almost cruel to make her go through  it. His advice was to take her home, love her, pamper her, and that she would let us know when it was time for her to go. That is what we did.

Having recently gone through something similar, one item of note is that the vast majority of dogs have no side effects from chemo. It's expensive, a full course of treatments for lymphoma is between $4-10k depending on the size of the dog.  But you don't pay that upfront, you pay by treatment ($300-1200 depending on the drug given) so if it doesn't (or stops) working, the cost is far less. 

Yes, in most cases, you're just prolonging the dog's life but there are slow growing cancers/success stories so depending on the dog's age, it may be worth it.  Just wanted to point that out, because like many, I associate chemo with hellish side effects while most dogs are completely unaffected by it. 

All that said, I can't believe Hayden's spent anywhere near six figures. Maybe he's putting the decimal in the wrong place? Also agree that it's odd how comfortable he is leaving said dog for long periods of time. Where do they find these people?

Also, Genevieve is annoying AND Aaron an asshole. It's not an either/or situation. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

This episode was SO TOXIC. I hope nobody impressionable is watching this and thinking that these are actual values to aspire to in relationships. No, your partner should not have to give you orders and make choices for you to prove their love. No, fighting and crying and yelling and threatening to leave are not signs that someone really cares. Who are these people?! I was so uncomfortable watching. This episode should have come with a somber PSA at the beginning.

• Applause 8
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, jade.black said:

This episode was SO TOXIC. I hope nobody impressionable is watching this and thinking that these are actual values to aspire to in relationships. No, your partner should not have to give you orders and make choices for you to prove their love. No, fighting and crying and yelling and threatening to leave are not signs that someone really cares. Who are these people?! I was so uncomfortable watching. This episode should have come with a somber PSA at the beginning.

Yes to all of this!

Eliza's view of Rodney's refusal to "fight" for her was ridiculous and maddening.

It would've been toxic and controlling for Rodney not to "let" Eliza go on a date.

Rodney did tell her he preferred she not go on the date. He also told her he was a grown woman who could make her own decisions.

That's the viewpoint of a well-adjusted adult capable of expressing himself in a healthy, sincere manner.

TL;DR: Rodney seems like an absolute gem, and he deserves better than this nonsense.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Like 3
  • Applause 11
  • Love 10

It seems more than obvious to me that Michael and Danielle were together before the show started and agreed to get a paid vacation and pretend they never met before . 

Eliza was acting ridiculous but my guess is she’s just not into Rodney so she’s making it like it’s his fault for not doing enough just so she doesn’t feel guilty . Listen , if someone asks you on a date and YOU say yes , that’s on you , not the other person . He can say he’s not happy with the decision but it’s not his decision to make . He left Lace for her so that’s him showing her that she is who he’s interested in . The girls this season just seem very immature and needy . 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10

Wasn’t Rodney with Lace before the “twist”?   So he has known Eliza all of 3 or 4 days?  (Remember the whole shooting schedule is less than 21 days).  Ditto Logan and Kate.  But what do I know?   I guess they have passed the crucial 72 hour relationship mark and a full on commitment should be imminent.  As for Aaron and Genevieve, they are practically an old married couple.  Aaron has to accept that his single guy activities (like having male friends) are a thing of the past.   I can only hope James returns and rescues him from a fate worse than death…I mean Genevieve.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, Jax7917 said:

Eliza was acting ridiculous but my guess is she’s just not into Rodney so she’s making it like it’s his fault for not doing enough just so she doesn’t feel guilty . Listen , if someone asks you on a date and YOU say yes , that’s on you , not the other person . He can say he’s not happy with the decision but it’s not his decision to make . He left Lace for her so that’s him showing her that she is who he’s interested in . The girls this season just seem very immature and needy . 

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, Jax7917 said:

Yep. I feel like she is twisting this around so that she can choose Justin and not look like she was mean to Rodney, the most beloved guy in Bachelor Nation. I don't buy that she's never had 2 guys interested in her at once; she's drop dead gorgeous with a killer bod and a really, really cute smile. Guys are hitting on her constantly. I guarantee it. On another note, she seems to have an odd idea of what constitutes a healthy relationship. Her reaction to the fight between Aaron and Gen was odd to me. It appears that she thinks that drama and histrionic displays mean that someone is truly invested. (Victoria had a weird reaction, too.) I don't think Rodney is given to dramatic displays of aggression; he seems like a well-meaning, chill guy. Maybe they're not a good match after all. I don't know; I am drama phobic so the idea of enjoying fights is bizarre to me. I grew up in a needlessly dramatic environment. I hate that shit, but to each his own I guess.

• Applause 1
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

I don’t see her lasting with anyone in the real world unless she learns to overcome getting angry over every little thing . 

ITA, she's always miserable and upset over something. She can never be content.

Eliza in that convo with Rodney was so annoying, her smirking and no serious act compared  to him. He deserves better.

2 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

It seems more than obvious to me that Michael and Danielle were together before the show started and agreed to get a paid vacation and pretend they never met before .  

I think the same about Brandon & Serene, they instantly went to each other within few mins of episode  1 and its been thats it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, snarts said:

Having recently gone through something similar, one item of note is that the vast majority of dogs have no side effects from chemo. It's expensive, a full course of treatments for lymphoma is between $4-10k depending on the size of the dog.  But you don't pay that upfront, you pay by treatment ($300-1200 depending on the drug given) so if it doesn't (or stops) working, the cost is far less. 

Yes, in most cases, you're just prolonging the dog's life but there are slow growing cancers/success stories so depending on the dog's age, it may be worth it.  Just wanted to point that out, because like many, I associate chemo with hellish side effects while most dogs are completely unaffected by it. 

All that said, I can't believe Hayden's spent anywhere near six figures. Maybe he's putting the decimal in the wrong place? Also agree that it's odd how comfortable he is leaving said dog for long periods of time. Where do they find these people?

I had the same thought about the decimal point. We had a cat who had radiation, not chemo, and it cost us around $3,000. He lived five more years.

Maybe chemo is more expensive for imaginary dogs?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I had the same thought about the decimal point. We had a cat who had radiation, not chemo, and it cost us around $3,000. He lived five more years.

Maybe chemo is more expensive for imaginary dogs?

Could be, but since you pay in Monopoly money, it all nets out.  

• LOL 10
23 hours ago, DEL901 said:

And funny Kate is on the same page as Eliza…tell me you’d prefer I didn’t go so I know you care.  …especially with Logan and Rodney practically pushing the women at the other guys and being disappointed when they agree.  

I was just waiting for either Rodney or Logan to state the obvious:  if you really cared about me, you wouldn't be contemplating a date with someone else.  Why should it only go one way -- Rodney/Logan have to say don't go, but can't expect Eliza/Kate not to want to go?

22 hours ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

Eliza isn't the "sweet girl" everyone assumes she is. She's a manipulator who enjoys jerking guys around. Her cruel little smug smiles and goofy faces when Rodney was trying to fix things made me want to shove a grapefruit in her face. Rodney deserves better than that little toad.

I agree -- I liked her until this week.  She seemed thrilled at the idea of two guys wanting her...  she said as much in one of her talking heads, right?

2 hours ago, Artsda said:

ITA, she's always miserable and upset over something. She can never be content.

Eliza in that convo with Rodney was so annoying, her smirking and no serious act compared  to him. He deserves better.

Agree 1000% -- Rodney deserves better.

And, while I generally like Genevieve on Clayton's season, boy, she really does have resting bitch face and seems to scowl a lot.  I'm trying to recall if I've ever seen her smile on this show....

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

While Victoria was clearly following producers' orders when she went after Genevieve, I did greatly enjoy her saying that men were stupid.  She had a point, at least where Aaron was concerned.

Something about BIP seems to render most of its participants stupid, including PhD Romeo and MD & MBA Kira.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Something about BIP seems to render most of its participants stupid, including PhD Romeo and MD & MBA Kira.

The overwhelming heat and humidity and constant diligence to avoid stepping on or being pinched by crabs is enough to get to anyone. Throw in the producers talking in your ear on top of whatever forever alone/fairytale romance you already have going in your mind to make you go on this show. Add in some social-media culture self-doubt/comparisons to the other contestants and sprinkle with alcohol. You got yourself a recipe for disaster right there.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

Aaron wanted to hang out with Johnny, which I get, since Alex came in and it was awkward. I'm not sure why Genevieve got so upset, but she did, and Aaron decided to be a dick about it, instead of inviting her with them or going somewhere else. Aaron was coming off kind of roidy or high. He just wanted to be hanging with Johnny.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bravofan27 said:

Aaron wanted to hang out with Johnny, which I get, since Alex came in and it was awkward. I'm not sure why Genevieve got so upset, but she did, and Aaron decided to be a dick about it, instead of inviting her with them or going somewhere else. Aaron was coming off kind of roidy or high. He just wanted to be hanging with Johnny.

James isn't there, so Aaron is lost.  JAMES would let him go play football with the dudebros and not want to talk about feelings.

Genevieve has done a lot of things wrong and from what we've seen, needs to calm down in general, but I'm Team Gen in this little squabble with James' BFF. She is overly needy, but he just comes off as dismissive and cruel.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
On 11/1/2022 at 9:59 PM, dizzyd said:

That’s 3 times in a row the ladies give out roses! How many more episodes are there? 

I think it's been 2 times in a row that the ladies gave out roses....which is a ridiculous sign of how the show is progressing this year.

If I'm remembering correctly, this was the third rose ceremony.
The first one had men giving out the roses, the second one was the girls.

This latest RC should have been men handing out the roses but after the Casa Amor blunder the show was left in a quandary over numbers. To make matters even worse the producers apparently left it up in the air as to which sex would hand out the roses following casa amor and did not tell everyone who would have the upper hand until the last minute. So the cast never had much of a chance to do the usual jockeying for a rose as they did not know who would be giving them out for this third RC.

The show somehow managed to mess up with the proportion of men vs women due to:
▶playing favorites with some contestants (bringing in Danielle for Michael)
▶messing with the minds of cast members and sabotaging relationships causing an unusually high number of people to quit (Sally, Sierra, Teddi etc.) 
▶delaying bringing in fresh cast at appropriate times
▶bringing in characters they knew would not be legitimate options (Pizza Peter, Hayden)
▶including cast only to cause conflict for another couple (Alex)
▶allowing cast to leave and come back (Kira who then left with Romeo, and now Justin)

The result of all this producer manipulation and poor plotting left them with the situation of having to ask the girls to hand out the roses for the second time in a row.

There are only 3 regular episodes left. I'm guessing there will be one more regular rose ceremony.
Unless they throw in some surprise, there are 3 new women who are still set to arrive and there are no new men left at all.

605351259_1acal.thumb.jpg.1d19d2258a09fe9dc3c81408cc37ceab.jpg

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, JenE4 said:

The overwhelming heat and humidity and constant diligence to avoid stepping on or being pinched by crabs is enough to get to anyone. Throw in the producers talking in your ear on top of whatever forever alone/fairytale romance you already have going in your mind to make you go on this show. Add in some social-media culture self-doubt/comparisons to the other contestants and sprinkle with alcohol. You got yourself a recipe for disaster right there.

I'm so very sick of this location! The show has revealed all the set-backs of this resort and if I was the owner I would not be happy.

We already knew about the crabs and lack of AC now we have learned there are ants and giant spiders too. I also wouldn't like to see those water birds preying on and then loudly crunch munching the crabs every night. I have no problem with lizards but I would never stay somewhere with no windows allowing all these creatures to wonder in through your room.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I think the editing of Genevieve complaining to Victoria interspersed with footage of Aaron doing laps in the pool and speculating on nature vs nurture regarding the increasing predatory behavior of NYC rats made it seem like he was ignoring her, but she hadn’t even told him that she wanted some alone time with him at that point. Everyone was nearby each other, but still “coupled up” when she brought it up like he did something wrong by not reading her mind all day. From his perspective, he’s probably like I’m being with you right now, if you want to talk, why not just say, hey, let’s move over to that smaller daybed across the beach for a little bit? Instead, Genevieve launched in that he did something wrong by ignoring her all day. Aaron gets rightfully miffed that he’s not doing anything different than anyone else. Then it just snowballed from there because they both felt like the other one only cared about their own feelings and weren’t considering their feelings—and that is accurate on both accounts! I’m not saying Aaron acted any better than Genevieve. I’m only saying after her constant daily histrionics, he certainly had a right to say why are we only having these emotional talks when you decide you’re upset but you shut me down when I have feelings? Since up until that point it’s been like 90% Genevieve-led, I think he had some grounds to be like, I’m not ready to talk about this right now. So then Genevieve has to up the ante by threatening to leave to make him talk. But in general, when it comes to fight or flight, I’m a “flight” person, so if my  partner is upset and/or I feel myself getting upset and irrational, I’ll be like, I’m not going to talk about this now, and let’s talk about this when we both calm down. So I could relate to Aaron there—I’m starting to get angry and say things I don’t really mean, so let’s take a break from each other and talk later. Genevieve was just not going to take “not now” for an answer, though.

10 minutes ago, Melonie77 said:

I think it's been 2 times in a row that the ladies gave out roses....which is a ridiculous sign of how the show is progressing this year.

If I'm remembering correctly, this was the third rose ceremony.
The first one had men giving out the roses, the second one was the girls.

This latest RC should have been men handing out the roses but after the Casa Amor blunder the show was left in a quandary over numbers. To make matters even worse the producers apparently left it up in the air as to which sex would hand out the roses following casa amor and did not tell everyone who would have the upper hand until the last minute. So the cast never had much of a chance to do the usual jockeying for a rose as they did not know who would be giving them out for this third RC.

The show somehow managed to mess up with the proportion of men vs women due to:
▶playing favorites with some contestants (bringing in Danielle for Michael)
▶messing with the minds of cast members and sabotaging relationships causing an unusually high number of people to quit (Sally, Sierra, Teddi etc.) 
▶delaying bringing in fresh cast at appropriate times
▶bringing in characters they knew would not be legitimate options (Pizza Peter, Hayden)
▶including cast only to cause conflict for another couple (Alex)
▶allowing cast to leave and come back (Kira who then left with Romeo, and now Justin)

The result of all this producer manipulation and poor plotting left them with the situation of having to ask the girls to hand out the roses for the second time in a row.

There are only 3 regular episodes left. I'm guessing there will be one more regular rose ceremony.
Unless they throw in some surprise, there are 3 new women who are still set to arrive and there are no new men left at all.

605351259_1acal.thumb.jpg.1d19d2258a09fe9dc3c81408cc37ceab.jpg

Good observations. Sarah also left in the middle of the night. So if she hadn’t done that then there would have been even numbers and no opportunity for a rose ceremony to begin with.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

It's taken me like three days but I think I'm  at peace with the Eliza/Rodney weirdness. (I guess by various transitive properties that's also true of Kate and Logan, but I don't really care if they walk into the ocean and never come out TBH.)

I think Eliza and Rodney got together with different ideas about how to be a supportive and loving partner.  Rodney wanted her to be free to do what she wanted, so if she chose him, it meant something. Eliza is looking for someone who will overtly show his affection -- she wants to feel WANTED, and for whatever reason, that manifests to her as "fighting for her." 

Rodney's approach resonates more with me, but I can see Eliza's perspective. And I don't really think one is more valid than the other. The problem is they don't know each other very well, so they haven't quite mapped out how to read each other's behavior. If they had met just out in the real world and dated normally, this issue and a thousand others would likely have never arisen because they would figure each other out. That's sort of what dating IS.

Eliza does sort of lose me in their conversation after her date with Justin, when she insists Rodney doesn't really care about her because he didn't seem sad enough when she left. She's not hearing him when he's trying to explain his perspective. Her need for someone to make a scene is alarming, and makes me worried about the role models she's had for what relationships are supposed to be.

But overall, I think they'e mostly just talking past each other. This isn't an environment that allows two people to really understand each other.

Kate had a similar experience when she was upset with Logan. "He must not give a crap about me." Into the sea with you two crazy kids!

I think Rodney and Eliza could work it out, if they are both interested in trying. I guess we'll see.

The REAL broken relationship here is Genevieve and Aaron. In a lot of ways, these two hotheads are similar, but in this case that makes them incompatible. They both have needs the other can't meet. In this fight we saw Tuesday night, I don't think Genevieve really did anything wrong (for once -- but you can still count on her for an over-the-top reaction to anything). She came off a little whiny, but nothing that would justify Aaron's reaction/anger/petulance. Aaron has an inner narrative where he's the hero and the perfect boyfriend, and he lashes out when that gets challenged by even the slightest criticism.

Victoria didn't do Genevieve any favors by trying to get her to stay.  Her best option now is to wait to see if Eliza dumps Rodney, then maybe make a move there. I don't know if Rodney would welcome it, but I think being with someone calm, measured, and generally cheerful might do Gen a world of good.

(There HAS to be something redeeming about Genevieve. All the girls in BiP seem to like her, and most of the guys too. But we're not going to see calm chats with a person who will lose her shit about spiders like she does. Production has cast her in a specific role.)

Also: GTFO Hayden, you moron. Shanae really does have nice teeth. And stop cracking on the twins, Jacob -- you're only one year older. (You too, Logan -- you're two years older and Kate is seven years older than you.)

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, phlebas said:

The REAL broken relationship here is Genevieve and Aaron. In a lot of ways, these two hotheads are similar, but in this case that makes them incompatible. They both have needs the other can't meet. In this fight we saw Tuesday night, I don't think Genevieve really did anything wrong (for once -- but you can still count on her for an over-the-top reaction to anything). She came off a little whiny, but nothing that would justify Aaron's reaction/anger/petulance. Aaron has an inner narrative where he's the hero and the perfect boyfriend, and he lashes out when that gets challenged by even the slightest criticism.

Victoria didn't do Genevieve any favors by trying to get her to stay.  Her best option now is to wait to see if Eliza dumps Rodney, then maybe make a move there. I don't know if Rodney would welcome it, but I think being with someone calm, measured, and generally cheerful might do Gen a world of good.

(There HAS to be something redeeming about Genevieve. All the girls in BiP seem to like her, and most of the guys too. But we're not going to see calm chats with a person who will lose her shit about spiders like she does. Production has cast her in a specific role.)

I think Aaron is terrible at interpersonal relationships with women, so he has studied up and tried to determine the right thing to say and do in various situations.  The problems happen when a reaction isn’t on whatever flow chart he studied and feels lost which leads to his angry/frustrated outbursts.  I think he is genuinely trying to be a good boyfriend,  but doesn’t really know how, intuitively.  He likely needs either some time with a relationship therapist who can guide him or a really patient woman…

I have a friend whose husband is on the spectrum (not saying Aaron is, but using this example for illustrative purposes).   He loves her, but whenever they come to a new situation, she often has to sit him down and tell him if his behaviour wasn’t appropriate and why.  He is secure enough to appreciate the feedback, writes it down and does his best not to repeat the behaviour…e.g.  when you walk into a room and someone is watching tv, you can’t just change the channel because you want to watch something else. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

I've been finding BiP this season a great cure for insomnia. Almost every time I watch I fall asleep. Sometimes when I rewind I think I still miss some stuff...

Did we see the end of Hayden's date with Kate yet? The last I remember was him telling her about how he called Gabby rough around the edges. Or is that going to be shown next week? I don't recall seeing them return nor what happened with them plus Logan after that.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 11/1/2022 at 6:56 PM, leocadia said:

I'm about an hour behind the real-time broadcast, but I had to pause watching to come here and ask if Logan just used the word "churlish", and even more surprisingly, used it correctly in a sentence?   Maybe I've been wrong about him all along, it's his big vocab energy that brings the ladies flocking.

I noticed that too 😄! Maybe he's a man of few words, but he sure as hell has one of the highest IQ's on BIP! I do think that he's attractive and has great hair- I'm not into baby faces and I like the fact that he looks older than his age- like a 37-year-old that would be cast as a high schooler in a TV movie! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm not putting my faith in those judges of character.

I probably tend to be more optimistic about individual human nature :)

I'll trust the collective more than I'll trust Production to give us an accurate portrayal of what's going on with these people.

Except for Hayden. Screw that guy.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 11/2/2022 at 7:47 PM, MMLEsq said:

I was just waiting for either Rodney or Logan to state the obvious:  if you really cared about me, you wouldn't be contemplating a date with someone else.  Why should it only go one way -- Rodney/Logan have to say don't go, but can't expect Eliza/Kate not to want to go?

Excellent point!

On 11/1/2022 at 11:24 PM, JenE4 said:

If Eliza wants someone who will “make a scene” to prove his love, then maybe Rodney isn’t the right person for her. He just wants a nice woman and live a happy, normal life, maybe trying a new variety of apple at the grocery store once in a while to spice things up. Is Eliza immediately kissing Justin so Rodney will come over and threaten him to a duel?!

I hope Rodney recognizes this.

On 11/1/2022 at 9:56 PM, leocadia said:

I'm about an hour behind the real-time broadcast, but I had to pause watching to come here and ask if Logan just used the word "churlish", and even more surprisingly, used it correctly in a sentence?   

Sadly, no he did not.  I can't recall the specifics of what Logan said, but churlish means "rude in a mean-spirited and surly way".  I was hyper aware of it because Whitney had used that word on My Big Fat Fabulous Life a few episodes ago, and she used it to sort of mean childish and stubborn.  I think that was similar to how Logan used it, but I can't recall specifically.

On 11/1/2022 at 11:43 PM, tinkerbell said:

I'm not judging anyone who makes a different decision,  just that when Hayden talks, it's like he needed to keep his dog alive for himself, not for Rambo.

On 11/2/2022 at 11:28 AM, snarts said:

Having recently gone through something similar, one item of note is that the vast majority of dogs have no side effects from chemo.

The part in bold is what I was wondering about...what about the dog's quality of life?  What about the effect of the chemo?  What about the effect of the cancer on whatever part of the dog's body has the cancer, possibly affecting mobility, breathing, eating, pain, sleeping, etc.?

• Love 4
On 11/1/2022 at 11:50 PM, gwen747 said:

I think it's funny how Logan is talking about how young the twins are, their mom picking them up from school, etc. He's TWO years older than they are. Not exactly a huge difference.

Same with the two women talking about being cougars and and how much older they are than the guys. If it were reversed and the women were 24, no one would think anything about it. The double standard bothers me, as does the term “cougar.” So what do we call the 50 year old guy dating a 30 year old woman? How come he’s not a wolf or something? Because there are a ton of them!

To be fair, I think it’s being mentioned more because the twins look so young. They could pass for about 20, and they don’t exactly come across as mature. It seems like stunt casting.  I wish they would’ve brought in two older, attractive, nice guys. Or maybe give Adam more to do. He’s just background scenery.

I no longer like Eliza. I hate what she’s doing to Rodney. I guess Justin taps into her bad boy thing. 

This season sucks. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

Same with the two women talking about being cougars and and how much older they are than the guys. If it were reversed and the women were 24, no one would think anything about it. The double standard bothers me, as does the term “cougar.” So what do we call the 50 year old guy dating a 30 year old woman? How come he’s not a wolf or something? Because there are a ton of them!

To be fair, I think it’s being mentioned more because the twins look so young. They could pass for about 20, and they don’t exactly come across as mature. It seems like stunt casting.  I wish they would’ve brought in two older, attractive, nice guys. Or maybe give Adam more to do. He’s just background scenery.

I no longer like Eliza. I hate what she’s doing to Rodney. I guess Justin taps into her bad boy thing. 

This season sucks. 

Agree.  Exhibit 1, Joe and Serena.  Exhibit 2, Kenny and Mari.  And that’s just from last season.  

• Love 2
On 11/2/2022 at 8:28 PM, snarts said:

Also, Genevieve is annoying AND Aaron an asshole. It's not an either/or situation. 

Although it can be difficult to find the right treatment for lymphoma, there is hope. The full course of treatments for lymphoma is between four and five years depending on a variety of factors including the location of tumors and prognosis.

• Useful 2