Type keyword(s) to search

S08:E10: October 31, 2022

• Start Topic

Greasers vs the Socs? These people don’t remember Ashley and Jared circa 2017, and Wells is throwing back to the 1950s?! Did someone bring “The Outsiders” for a beach read? Maybe Serene’s middle schoolers’ summer reading list?

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

Oh how boring, only 1 guy going home 😏 

19 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Okay, refresh my memory. Who is Sarah? 

She went on a date with Logan before Kate. 

Just mail Adam to me. 

• Like 1
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Alex is manly and hot and he can do better than pouty lipped Victoria. 

He can't help it, but Johnny has sad eyes.

Yesssssssss

1 minute ago, dizzyd said:

I just have a tough time believing a word out of Victoria. She ain’t winning any academy awards for this performance. If Johnny is sincere, he’s going to get his heart broken. 

JINX

1 minute ago, dizzyd said:

I just have a tough time believing a word out of Victoria. She ain’t winning any academy awards for this performance. If Johnny is sincere, he’s going to get his heart broken. 

I think he could move on quickly though.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I don't believe a word out of Victoria's mouth, I don't believe that she really likes Johnny, but then why would she dump Alex?  That part's confusing.

I wish I could give a rose to that Australian guy.

Ego, I think. Alex is the type to have a wandering eye, at least in Paradise, but Johnny is all in with her.  

• Applause 2
  • Useful 3

Genevieve reminds me of the mind-numbing conversations I had to have with certain fellow girls in the 7th and 8th grade.  I was faking my way through most of those interactions LOL

Genevieve:  "Everyone says I'm in a good mood now because of (Aaron)" 😄😄😄😄😄

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3

Johnny and Victoria are wasting each other’s time. Johnny doesn’t want to settle down and Victoria does. Plus Johnny is averse to work and is shiftless. 
I hate how they bend the rules for some. I don’t think people should be allowed to come back especially if it’s to f with Rodney.

• Applause 4
  • Love 2

Nooooooo I think Eliza is being manipulative.  She should be able to make her own decisions.  She seems very very very young.

I think Rodney is playing it correctly and being a gentleman and a good guy.  It makes him even more attractive.

Eliza is confusing the words honest and direct with possessive.  Rodney was very honest and direct.  If Eliza goes on this date and is swayed by Justin, why would he want to be with a woman that easily swayed away from him?

He also doesn't have to do any "reading" of the situation.  She said what she wanted straight up and he didn't want to give that to her.  That's fine.  If she was on the fence and wanted him to make the decision, that tells him all he needs to know.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 2
  • Applause 11
  • Love 6

Eliza is an idiot,. She obviously doesn’t really know or care. Rodney did the right thing, and wanted to have it both ways -she wanted Rodney to say don’t go and make up her mind for her. She had no issue pursuing him knowing he was with lace, poor Rodney 

13 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Johnny and Victoria are wasting each other’s time. Johnny doesn’t want to settle down and Victoria does. Plus Johnny is averse to work and is shiftless. 
I hate how they bend the rules for some. I don’t think people should be allowed to come back especially if it’s to f with Rodney.

I don’t think it’s ok that Justin came back,

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I don’t believe for a second Victoria wants to settle down.  She wants to be on the show as long as possible and she sees Johnny as a sure thing in the next Rose Ceremony.  

• Love 11

I saw Shanae sit next to Kate at a table in one of the scenes, which makes me think that their fight over Logan last week was fake. People who can't stand each other don't voluntarily sit next to each other.

Alex became less attractive the more he trash-talked Johnny. I think he dodged a bullet though and just doesn't know it yet.

Eliza is too immature for a man like Rodney. I have a lot of respect for him refusing to act like a possessive neanderthal.

Can't believe hot Adam got zero attention. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Can't believe hot Adam got zero attention. 

I haven't watched the episode yet but I don't understand this either. At first I thought it was because he lives in Australia but he's supposedly interested in finding more work in Hollywood so I imagine he will move to the LA area.

----------------------

I watched DWTS tonight and Erich was missing from the audience once again. That's 3 shows he has missed. I hope this doesn't mean he and Gabby have broken up. There has been a lot of speculation in the news that they did.😢

Edited by Melonie77
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Melonie77 said:

I haven't watched the episode yet but I don't understand this either. At first I thought it was because he lives in Australia but he's supposedly interested in finding more work in Hollywood so I imagine he will move to the LA area.

I don't care if he lives on the moon, I'd still enjoy a fun couple of days/weeks on the beach with him.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

I don't care if he lives on the moon, I'd still enjoy a fun couple of days/weeks on the beach with him.

I just finished watching the RC and I feel so bad that Adam did not get a rose! Most of the women are involved in relationships but there were a couple that could have picked Adam. Instead we have Shanae who went for the flosser who eats pineapple like corn on the cob instead of Adam the intelligent hunk who may end up becoming a movie star. smh. 

And Florence's choice to give a rose to Alex was definitely producer driven. Who the heck would want to try to hook up with someone who has let it be known he is there for only one person? They just want Alex around for more boring Victoria drama. IMO Victoria is using the show for exposure. 

Now that Adam is gone I'm moving this screen shot here that I had in the spoiler thread. It's from one of the previews and I'm wondering why we never saw it outside of the preview! Obviously Adam (with Brittany) had a bit more action than was shown.

image.png.4a30538b4d9475dd9d801b682d051ac8.png

• Love 5

Sometimes I watch this show and suddenly realize how old I am by virtue of how young these people act. I was like Eliza is so immature the way she’s acting with Rodney, but, you know what, I might have done the same thing at 25. These girls all seem to have a “fight for me” complex instead of just being reasonable about not only expressing their feelings—but moreover listening to what the guy is telling you. Rodney is saying he really wants to be with you but somehow he’s giving up on her in her mind. The same thing with whatever Genevieve was blubbering about. Aaron is allowed to also have a moment in which he can feel a little stung and just want to take a minute to process, but she makes it all about herself in those histrionics and makes it so he’s pleading with her to not be upset with him. Both of these situations are some real bullshit. But, the way Genevieve acted seeing a spider, holy shit, this girl is more dramatic than Ashley I and all of the criers in Bachelor Family put together. I realize there are slim pickins’ on this beach, but maybe some of these people would be better off alone.

• Applause 10
  • Love 8

I can see both sides of the Eliza/Rodney issue.

Eliza wants reassurance.  She's insecure.

Rodney wants reassurance.  He's insecure.

She wanted him to tell her not to go, to ease her insecurity.

He wanted her to go but come back to him, to ease his insecurity.

Justin did light up around her, in a way that we didn't see with Genevieve or Victoria.  So he may put the charm on, and cause her to really question her connection with Rodney, who is such a better choice.  

But when insecurity comes a knockin', and ol' Justin is there with the full court press, it could cause her to make the Justin choice.

Eliza's smile does light up the whole beach, so I can see why there are multiple guys attracted.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 8

When does ‘having a connection’ or ‘forming a relationship’ become a problem? When you’re the producers of Bachelor In Paradise and almost everyone pairs off happily mid-season.

Taking their cue from Winston Churchill’s famous speech, what they mostly have to offer is blood, sweat and tears. Sweat is a given in the humid tropics. Tears are also frequent even if the sensitive lads put the girls in the shade with all the crying jags. Blood is, fortunately, rare although shots of some undefined medical emergency with ambulance and flashing lights are now a staple of the season preview along with a chorus of gasps as one of the villa residents (villans?) drinks too much on a hot day and faints from dehydration.

Although ‘finding love’ is the stated mission of the show, love doesn’t provide much interesting footage beyond the first embrace set to stirring music. After that, canoodling on a day bed involves…canoodling on a day bed. Not much conversation, a good deal of napping and calmness all round. But calmness is boring to all. And so provocation becomes the real aim of the black-clad crew as they circle the cast like sharks looking for the aforementioned (metaphorical) blood. Cue the recycling of departed cast members and the arrival of new ones to engineer Paradise Lost, with apologies to Milton.

-‘You can’t base life decisions off your emotions’ says Victoria, who has done exactly that for years now. Bless her, she’s trying to embrace logic in affairs of the heart.

-A lady paying a man compliments means she is flirting in first meetings in Paradise. After that, they are strictly a means of letting him down easy. ‘You’re a great guy’ or ‘You have so many of the qualities I look for’ is more devastating than ‘You disgust me.’ Alex is not entirely dim and clearly suspects he’s being let down as easy as possible. 

-Victoria is supposed to be keeping the suspense alive but her body language gives it all away. Stiff & formal & distant with Alex but literally laid back with Johnny. She was at eye level with Alex and glanced nervously side to side as she spoke. Her eye level here is below Johnny’s which means she’s looking up at him – a raised chin is a sign of positivity and it exposes the neck – a animalistic, subconscious way of demonstrating vulnerability (drink!). It also means he sees more of the whites of her eyes as she bats them – another signal of attraction – and she’s scanning his face up and down to read his emotions. The rose ceremony is a formality in both senses of the word now.

And now that you’ve been briefed in psychological ‘reading’ of others, go win some money at the poker table!

-Adam. Mate. These Yank women don’t know what they want. That should be obvious by now. Leave them to it. Better off out of it. Strewth!

-As for the other (sort of) Australian, she must be the most obvious producer plant in Bachelor History™ as she keeps Alex around…and certainly not for herself.

-Rule of thumb: unprompted interview segments *in the morning* where person X gushes about the relationship mean trouble will follow, as Aaron discovers.

-A half-naked chunky bloke beating a drum over a campfire in a jungle seems like a shaky premise for ‘releasing everything’ but Paradise cast (and Bachelor cast members in general) are chosen not just for their looks but for their malleability and willingness to follow instructions. But at least Victoria can ‘be herself’ which apparently consists of having a snog in a hot tub. If that’s the true measure of sincerity then I’m the Great Pumpkin, having spent many hours beneath the bubbles myself.

-Maybe the spectacularly uninteresting Rodney is given so much camera time because he’s willing to play the fool by making bold declarations of fearlessness and stability in his relationship, only to have both of these vanish like the ebb tide.

-Genevieve’s lost a nail but her claws are still sharp and she’s happy to scratch Justin’s reputation to shreds like the arm of your couch. Meow!

-Justin’s fish story about his secret crush on Eliza is so rotten the seagulls & crabs would avoid it. Eliza, to her discredit, naively believes every word while Rodney is shoveling out his own naivete back at the bar. Brandon piously declares that ‘Paradise is about exploring and those what-ifs,’ even if Brandon himself hasn’t explored and wants no part of any what-ifs. But it sounds good on camera.

-When times are good, Genevieve cries. When times are bad…you fill in the rest. Aaron hasn’t been invited to any MENSA meetups but he’s providing all the emotional intelligence in this relationship since Genevieve can think only about herself. Aaron’s objection to her ‘poker tell’ of fixating on Justin is entirely justified as her reaction and her body language (that again) demonstrate. ‘Everyone sees how happy I am’ she says as she sobs uncontrollably. Mmm-hmm.

Genny & Aaron’s conversation is the equivalent of a ransom note using words cut out from an issue of Cosmopolitan. Special…valid…understood…etc. ‘I’m good. I’m good I’m good I’m good,’ Aaron declares through tears. Oh no – she's infected him too. This thing may not last to the end of the flight back to the States.

-Johnny & Victoria like each other. The producers give them a hot rock on a date. Justin & Eliza like each other. The producers give them dinner, drinks, a restaurant to themselves and a huge fireworks display. Seems unfair but needs must when stirring the pot.

• Sad 1
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

I watched DWTS tonight and Erich was missing from the audience once again. That's 3 shows he has missed. I hope this doesn't mean he and Gabby have broken up. There has been a lot of speculation in the news that they did.😢

They’re probably waiting till end of DWTS to announce it since it would require proper interviews that would take away from practice time. Or maybe it’s in the Bachelor contract to last till DWTS elimination🤷🏻‍♀️ Whatever the reason, it’s not looking good because they would have quelled the spec by now. Bummer 😔 I probably should have responded on the Bachelorette thread. 

ETA: Gabby did say the following: “Life is just really busy for the both of us right now. So I understand their concern but we’re just kind of, you know, going forward with each of our individual interests and supporting each other from afar,” Windey responded in an interview with Fox News.

Edited by dizzyd
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

They’re probably waiting till end of DWTS to announce it since it would require proper interviews that would take away from practice time. Or maybe it’s in the Bachelor contract to last till DWTS elimination🤷🏻‍♀️ Whatever the reason, it’s not looking good because they would have quelled the spec by now. Bummer 😔 I probably should have responded on the Bachelorette thread. 

ETA: Gabby did say the following: “Life is just really busy for the both of us right now. So I understand their concern but we’re just kind of, you know, going forward with each of our individual interests and supporting each other from afar,” Windey responded in an interview with Fox News.

Didn’t Clayton and whatshername say they were supporting each other from afar (or words to that effect) not long before they announced their breakup?

• Love 1

I can see both sides with Rodney and Eliza. I understand why she wanted him to tell her not to go and why he didn't want to sound controlling. I think the better option would've been if she just refused the date with Justin. Others have done so. I have no doubt Serene would've refused a date with someone else.

The fact that Eliza didn't refuse makes me question her interest in Rodney. Is it genuine or is she playing games? Or perhaps it's an ego thing of having two men vying for her. She did mention it. Whatever the case, I really like Rodney and think if Eliza picks Justin over him, she made the wrong choice! On the other hand, maybe he's better off if she can be so easily swayed. 

I knew Victoria was going to pick Johnny. I called it last week. The stuff with Alex was producer-driven drama because this season is so boring!

Aaron has really grown on me. He deserves better than melodramatic Genevieve. She's showing classic narcissistic, manipulative behavior. He calmly told her why he was upset over what she said, and then she turned on the tears and made it about herself! So he's left consoling her! I've seen this in my own life when dealing with a particular narcissist. Aaron: run! 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7

I hate that Justin was allowed to come back, he's already gone he shouldn't get the chance to show up again just because when the same chance isn't offered to other people. They didn't even bother to make up an excuse as to why he's allowed back, they just brought him back for the sake of drama. Its so annoying, I know that the rules are stupid but they're still the rules damn it, they should apply to everyone.

I wish Rodney had just been honest, but I get that he didn't want to come off as controlling. Considering how close they were, I wish Eliza had just said no to the date. Then, another plus, Justin would presumably leave! Its really too bad, Rodney and Eliza do seem to like each other but Eliza got excited about the idea of two guys fighting over her hand and Rodney got insecure, meanwhile I am so sure that Justin's story about having this huge crush on Eliza is absolute bullshit, he just wanted more beach time. 

To the shock of no one, Genevieve spends the episode upset. When do we find out that she's an energy vampire? 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
56 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

Aaron has really grown on me. He deserves better than melodramatic Genevieve. She's showing classic narcissistic, manipulative behavior. He calmly told her why he was upset over what she said, and then she turned on the tears and made it about herself! So he's left consoling her! I've seen this in my own life when dealing with a particular narcissist. Aaron: run! 

Agree with everything you said.  Genevieve is so hungry for drama.  She's a drama monster.  She loves it.  She loves having something to complain about, she absolutely revels in it like a pig in mud.  Like that conversation with Wells.  That is when she was at her absolute highest, lol.  

Genevieve and Victoria both really overestimate how much viewers care about every minutiae of the drama that rolls around in their heads.  

It was funny when Aaron and Gen were going on and on about how much they mean to each other and Aaron was like "Yeah I like your lips".  What a great foundation for a relationship those two have.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, dizzyd said:

wouldnt this discussion be in the media or dwts forum? Im not being snarky but this is a bip discussion:)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 10/31/2022 at 8:29 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

He also doesn't have to do any "reading" of the situation.  She said what she wanted straight up and he didn't want to give that to her.  That's fine.  If she was on the fence and wanted him to make the decision, that tells him all he needs to know.

This is why some of these gorgeous, seemingly decent people are still single. It's like they put up little tests for their significant other to pass, and if they don't respond in the right way, then they're "not their person." Give me a break. No one's a mind reader. I've been married for 20 plus years and I still don't always know what my husband wants. Geez, people! Enough with the mind games.

And spoiler alert: a similar situation arises in the next episode. So much stupidity!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Agree with everything you said.  Genevieve is so hungry for drama.  She's a drama monster.  She loves it.  She loves having something to complain about, she absolutely revels in it like a pig in mud.  Like that conversation with Wells.  That is when she was at her absolute highest, lol.  

Genevieve and Victoria both really overestimate how much viewers care about every minutiae of the drama that rolls around in their heads.  

It was funny when Aaron and Gen were going on and on about how much they mean to each other and Aaron was like "Yeah I like your lips".  What a great foundation for a relationship those two have.

LOL, speaking of Aaron's fondness of Gen's  lips, surprised he didn't launch into "nothin' could be finer than to be in Carolina in the morn_____in..... etc...

• Love 1
On 11/1/2022 at 9:43 AM, Starlight925 said:

I can see both sides of the Eliza/Rodney issue.

Eliza wants reassurance.  She's insecure.

Rodney wants reassurance.  He's insecure.

She wanted him to tell her not to go, to ease her insecurity.

He wanted her to go but come back to him, to ease his insecurity.

I don't think Rodney's words were based on insecurity, but rather on his emotional intelligence to see the implications of Eliza making a decision based on what he would essentially be demanding that she do.  And I don't think Eliza's were based on insecurity, but rather on a lack of emotional intelligence to not see the misguided aspect of romanticism that she was insisting on.

On 11/1/2022 at 7:52 AM, Artsda said:

Rodney was stupid, all he had to do was say don't go. I don't want you to go. 

He did.  He said it multiple times.  But he also added the other part about his reason for not wanting to leave it at that.  If he hadn't added it, even if he felt it so strongly, then he would have been denying his own feelings and essentially lying, which is not a great foundation to start a relationship on!

• Applause 2
  • Love 8
On 11/1/2022 at 1:10 AM, Melonie77 said:

Sarah was on Clayton's season and she caused some trouble but I don't remember the details.

She got into it with a slightly older contestant named Mara outside of a fancy building/mansion on a group date, and Mara was berating her about being too young or something.  There was also the controversies about Sara saying Clayton had cried with her and he said he didn't, and her crying fake tears.

• Thanks 2
  • Love 2