Type keyword(s) to search

NCIS In The Media

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 1:12 PM, Callietwo said:

Gawd, the hate I feel for the man MW's new show is based on will most likely keep me away.  Why, Michael. WHY?? 

Through happenstance, I've watch a decent amount of every show Weatherly has been on since Loving.  I don't think I can watch this one.

It would be one thing if it were inspired by jury consulting.  But this thing is co-written (at least the pilot) and produced by Dr. Phil and his son.  I have read a summary of the pilot and it was borderline offensive to my gender.  I think Phil had to have written the summary as well.

• Love 2

I'm willing to give the show a shot just because I like MW.   There had to be something in the initial script that attracted him to the show.  I doubt CBS was forcing him into another show so quickly.so we have to believe it was his choice. The show's direction will depend largely on who is the actual showrunner more so than the producers as long as they let the professionals do their job.

• Love 1

MW's new show gets the 9:00 PM Tuesday slot with NCIS-NO moving to 10:00PM.   They want Bull to succeed.  Its riskly though because such close proxmity may lead to comparisons between his characters.   NCIS-LA moves to Sund 8:00PM following 60 minutes

tvline

TVLine has also reported that Vanessa Ferlito is going to be added to NOLA as a regular adversary for that team.  I'm guessing that Gary is playing with combinations on both shows.  Characters could be replaced or the teams could be enlarged.  I don't think we'll know for sure until the Fall.  Gary himself might not have decided yet.

2 minutes ago, Ohmo said:

NCIS Promotes Duane Henry to Regular

Duane Henry article

I like Jennifer Esposito.

He was great last season!  So happy.  Not familiar with Jennifer Esposito but honestly I'll take any actress over Emily Wickersham. I'm worried though that with the addition of Wilmer Valderrama this makes 3 people to replace Weatherly.  Really?  My concern is that with such watered-down screen time the new characters will not have the chance to really develop. 

Glad to see that Duane Henry's character is coming back but I'm not really digging 3 new regulars. As it is there are already 'regulars' whom we barely see. Three more regulars makes quite a large cast and I'd really rather have fewer, stronger parts. I'm not familiar with Esposito or Valderrama but both of them and Henry are all nice and easy on the eyes, which is all I have to go on now - so no other complaints just yet.

4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I like Esposito. The last show she was on for the first four seasons, I think? was Blue Bloods. She played Donny Wahlberg's partner.

Yup, that was it.  Jennifer left Blue Bloods because of issues with Celiac Disease.  The parting with CBS was not amicable, but I guess fences have been mended.

Just now, Ohmo said:

Yup, that was it.  Jennifer left Blue Bloods because of issues with Celiac Disease.  The parting with CBS was not amicable, but I guess fences have been mended.

Yup.  I remember her when she was younger--played a racist character in the original recipe of Law & Order, and also a journalist on SVU was killed doing some investigative journalism piece. Munch had a thing for her. She's a good actress, so I have no problem with her casting. 

It will be interesting to see how these new characters are integrated.  It says a lot about the ability of Sean Murray and Emily Wickersham to carry bigger loads for the show as it does the hole that was left with Michael Weatherly's departure.

• Love 1

Watching Extra right now....Michael Weatherly just said that he routinely Face Times with the NCIS cast.  (I guess Bull films in New York.)  Michael said he recently Face-Timed with Wilmer and Emily.

This doesn't seem spoilerish, so I'm putting it here.  The casting stuff has already been reported.

Question: Question: I’m starting to feel NCIS withdrawals kicking in, so I would love any scoop you can share. —Michelle
Ausiello: I can report that Duane Henry won’t make his series regular debut as MI6 officer Clayton Reeves until the fifth episode of Season 13, which kicks off Sept. 20. (Speaking to the few who carped about his English accent during his end-of-Season 12 debut, Henry advises, “You just have to slow your ears down a bit,” before adding very playfully: “We invented this bloody language, so leave me alone!”) Emily Wickersham meanwhile is happy to have new series regular Jennifer Esposito with her up in the big orange room, whereas Pauley Perrette’s Abby is almost exclusively stationed in the lab. “To have another girl around every day is fantastic,” Bishop’s portrayer reports. “The squad room dynamics are totally different. It’s awesome.”

Ask Ausiello

TVLINE | What are you missing most about life on the NCIS set?
You know, I miss that specific camaraderie. I miss the people and smiles, the laughter. But I have had some good laughs on Bull! I felt very satiated by my experience at NCIS. As I said to you last time, it was a full circle and I felt ready to move on, and that has definitely been the case. I have no remorse or misgivings about what went down.

TVLINE | Lastly: When I spoke to Sasha Alexander in August, she shared that she was basically the “wingman” for you and your future, Serbian wife, because one day on the NCIS set she broke down for you the difference between Croatia and Serbia, and that ended up helping you talk to Bojana when you first met her. Does Sasha indeed get credit?
She absolutely gets credit — and so does Wikipedia, because when I met Bojana I did a deep-dive on that data. It is true, Sasha [who is also Serbian] taught me among other things how to say Bojana’s name, which is a pretty big thing, “putting the emphasis on the first syllable.”

TVLINE | Sasha said that history lesson was born out of you forever mistaking her for being Czech or whatever, until she sat you down one day….
Yeah, I would call her Hungarian, Romanian… in a very playful way! And she proved to be very helpful, so I give her full credit.

Michael Weatherly Shares Hopes for Bull (Including That It Dodges a Dark Angel Detour), Reflects on NCIS Exit

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 3

Just received the new TV Guide (March 6-19 in the mail.  I was stunned to see a very hot guy on page 30 opposite a full page article entitled "Agent of Change."  When I saw the "NCIS" wordmark at the top I wondered which new agent this gorgeous guy is.  I had watched seasons 1-8 or -9 and then couldn't take it (it being Tony made into a buffoon and Ziva being such a Sue) any more.  I looked at this TV Guide photo more closely. OMFG!  It is Sean Murray/McGee with a bit of beard growth, fractionally longer hair, and ... oh my word.  I have never in my life found McGee attractive.  Rather the opposite for his entire tenure.  I wonder if they will let him look like this from now on in the show?  Or does he already have the title McHottie and this is the first I have heard of it?  Yowsa.

(edited)

Goldmoon, you have much better mail service than I do.  I just rec'd the issue that includes this week.  Can't wait to get the next one.

Edited today - just rec'd my issue and you are correct.  I would have never recognized him.  I also hope he keeps this look. 

Edited by laredhead

Jennifer Esposito is leaving the show after one season.  No great loss...her character never did really mesh with everyone else and the writers couldn't deal with so many characters.  Now we're back to the set-up that is familiar.

Yahoo

• Love 9
(edited)
On 6/9/2017 at 9:24 PM, secnarf said:

Can't say I'm sad to see her go, but I hope it was the actress' choice.

I wonder what the "new creative direction" is that the article mentions.

"Alex" wasn't able to sustain that usual comedic slant maintained by the other agents no matter how hard the case. IMO. At times, too many agents are working one case. She worked well with Gibbs, but not so much chemistry with the others.   Does this change mean the Delilah character becomes a regular? Delilah has good chemistry with the team which would make it easier to do crossover stories with the DoD.  Those kind of cases would allow the newly married couple to maintain a home life story with a baby. In a recent interview, there was some tease put forth by the show runner about upcoming tension among the team in the new season.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 1

Never cared for the character either.  As mentioned, she didn't seem to have much chemistry with the rest of the crew.  She seemed to be an OK actress, but just got the feeling the writing staff had no idea what to do with her.   So am not really surprised by her departure.  I kinda thought they brought in too many new characters in the first place.

Would love seeing Delilah become a regular.  Or at least make more appearances.  My memory is a bit fuzzy though, wasn't the actress who played Delilah involved in some other project(s) that limited her appearances on NCIS recently?   Regardless, I hope she shows up more next season.

• Love 1

Well, culling the herd has started. Quinn wasn't really working as a character but I still would have preferred Torres to be gone - which I don't think will happen. The writers seem to be way too much in love with him.

• Love 4

TV Guide (June 12-25) Issue:  America's Most Watched: 2016-17 Season

50 TOP SHOWS

3. NCIS  CBS 18.4 (Live + 7 Days DVR)

Other CBS:

6. Bull 15.5

9. Blue Bloods 14.1

10. NCIS- New Orleans 13.4

14. NCIS-LA 12.5

I liked Alex.   However, I think we have to remember that Gary Glasberg has died.  Alex was a creation of Gary's, and I think it's reasonable to assume that Schenk (sp) and Cardera spent all of last season a) absorbing the shock of Gary's death and b) getting their feet under them as showrunners.  I know they've been with the show for quite some time, but they've never "ran the show" so to speak.  It's reasonable to me to assume that we'd see creative decisions being made during the summer hiatus when they actually have time to think about what THEY want for NCIS (as opposed to what Gary had planned.)

I've read speculation on other websites that this is an indication of something negative in terms of Jennifer's relationship with the show.  I don't think that's necessarily the case.  It could be, but we have no confirmation of that.  It could also be that S&C wanted to do something different.

• Love 2
(edited)
36 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

@Ohmo, both Schenck and Cardea have been with the show since day one. And because of that, come next season, I have high expectations because they better not retcon stuff or have characters say or do stuff that didn't happen.

I hope the baby event is not a cruel tease for viewers. It will be hard taking care of a baby while confined to a wheelchair and continue working as a government analyst. The wedding was on the timetable for the season, but I still wonder about the baby. You would hope the decision was well thought out. The Alex character had good chemistry with Gibbs given her background as agent trainer. I think there are just too many agents working single cases. The writers must like Torres as a comedic replacement for MW, but it is not working. IMO.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Ohmo said:

I liked Alex.   However, I think we have to remember that Gary Glasberg has died.  Alex was a creation of Gary's, and I think it's reasonable to assume that Schenk (sp) and Cardera spent all of last season a) absorbing the shock of Gary's death and b) getting their feet under them as showrunners.  I know they've been with the show for quite some time, but they've never "ran the show" so to speak.  It's reasonable to me to assume that we'd see creative decisions being made during the summer hiatus when they actually have time to think about what THEY want for NCIS (as opposed to what Gary had planned.)

I've read speculation on other websites that this is an indication of something negative in terms of Jennifer's relationship with the show.  I don't think that's necessarily the case.  It could be, but we have no confirmation of that.  It could also be that S&C wanted to do something different.

I enjoyed Jennifer (Jackie Curatola) on Blue Bloods because she worked well with her partner Danny Reagan. In a final scene, Jackie tells Danny that she was quitting as a detective for some odd reason which made no sense at all. Jennifer's abrupt end as a regular now seems much the same as what happened to her on Blue Bloods. Her scenes with Gibbs were always done well, but with so many agents on the team, much of her effort becomes 'out of sight, out of mind'.  I believe that MI6 agent Reeves was brought on by Gary to replicate Ziva's role, but he seems out of place unless he is working with Abby.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/11/2017 at 2:44 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

@Ohmo, both Schenck and Cardea have been with the show since day one. And because of that, come next season, I have high expectations because they better not retcon stuff or have characters say or do stuff that didn't happen.

Oh, I knew that they had been with the show for many, many years, but I didn't know it had been from Day One.  However, I still stand by my original point.  They have been a part of NCIS, but it has not ever been "theirs" to do with as they choose.  They has always been executing someone else's vision, be that person Bellasario, Brennan, or Glasberg.  I think we have yet to see what their vision is, but we will see it this season.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, VinceW said:

I hope the baby event is not a cruel tease for viewers. 

I think the baby is in no danger. Schenck and Cardea have been on NCIS.  I know Kelly Gibbs was killed in childhood, but that never happened in "show time." That was always handled in flashback as part of Gibbs' origin story.  Delilah is pregnant in real "show time" (as far as viewers are concerned.)  I have to believe that S&C would know that harming (or killing) McGee and Delilah's baby would not go over well.

Do I believe that there will be some drama during Delilah's pregnancy?  Absolutely!  However, I also believe that there will be a living baby.  My gut says it will be a boy since Victoria and Tali are girls.

Edited by Ohmo
31 minutes ago, Ohmo said:

I think the baby is in no danger. Schenck and Cardea have been on NCIS.  I know Kelly Gibbs was killed in childhood, but that never happened in "show time." That was always handled in flashback as part of Gibbs' origin story.  Delilah is pregnant in real "show time" (as far as viewers are concerned.)  I have to believe that S&C would know that harming (or killing) McGee and Delilah's baby would not go over well.

Do I believe that there will be some drama during Delilah's pregnancy?  Absolutely!  However, I also believe that there will be a living baby.  My gut says it will be a boy since Victoria and Tali are girls.

I hope you are right about the baby. The timing works as the hiatus would cover most of the pregnancy. We know that a show can handle it.  Just look how well Brennan + Booth (Bones) did with two young ones. I will always give Emily Deschanel a lot of credit coming back after two babies to finish the series. 

54 minutes ago, Ohmo said:

Oh, I knew that they had been with the show for many, many years, but I didn't know it had been from Day One.  However, I still stand by my original point.  They have been a part of NCIS, but it has not ever been "theirs" to do with as they choose.  They has always been executing someone else's vision, be that person Bellasario, Breenan, or Glasberg.  I think we have yet to see what their vision is, but we will see it this season.

I just have to caution that the same thing was said about Marlowe when he left Castle series early. The two writers that took over as show runners just ruined the finish. However, that show had outside forces working against them because the co-stars had serious personal issues with each other.

I am still behind on this season but I saw the news that Jennifer Esposito is leaving the show! I can't say I'm totally surprised-- there were a lot of moving parts to focus on and it didn't always work.  But her position always seemed sort of temporary anyway, like she was brushing up on her field work skills. That said, I'm a bit disappointed because one) I always appreciate more women on this show and two) I liked the way Alex and Gibbs interacted. I hope it was on congenial terms so she might make future appearances down the line, as I wouldn't be opposed to seeing the character again.

• Love 4