Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E05: Flesh and Blood

• Start Topic

No crazy chase the criminals, Sam and Callen together, I even didn't actually hate the Deeks' Mum this episode. Surprisingly decent, on the whole.  

I didn't realise how short Chyler was until this week, she looks even shorter than Nell!  

I just realised why I liked it so much, no Fatima.  Not that I thought I disliked her, things seemed the flow well in this episode.  I at least wanted to watch until the end.  

• Like 1
17 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

I just realised why I liked it so much, no Fatima.  Not that I thought I disliked her, things seemed the flow well in this episode.  I at least wanted to watch until the end.  

Every episode, someone is missing and I do not notice. No matter who it is. I come here and someone comments on it and then I am like "oh true, they weren't in the episode". Every single week. Sometimes I do actually recall a brief comment about where the person was (not this episode though), but by the next scene I have forgotten their existence entirely.

• Like 2

No comment on Kensi and Feels last week either.  I think they've just given up.  Which is fine, but if the writers can't be bothered to care about this show why should we?

The only time I'm glad someone is missing is Roundtree.   He's a dull wet blanket and any episode is better without him.  Solve the rotating missing character problem by dumping him. 

• Love 1

I'm picking NCIS LA back up after stopping watching for a few seasons.  Did they ever mention why - back in Season 2 when Deeks was shot - he didn't have his mother as his next of kin?   I know it's likely that they just probably hadn't decided to have Deeks's mom around back in Season 2, but did they explain it later on when she did appear on the show?

(I'm just happy that they didn't include her back then, because otherwise we'd never have gotten one of my favourite scenes on the show when Deeks asks Hetty who he should put down as his next of kin and she tells him "Lange, Henrietta")

That was a good episode. Nothing that necessarily stands out but better than the previous two or so.

I liked the bits at the beginning, all of them, actually. Kensi and Deeks' scene, Callen's and Anna's and also, the scene when they arrived at the office. The moment when Callen was using his being an orphan to avoid getting drawn into Kensi and Deeks' conversation felt like classic NCIS. (Although, technically, Callen only grew up an orphan but until recently, wasn't one. Speaking of, is his father officially dead or is he just presumed dead?)

Wasn't there another migrant teenager that Kensi and Deeks were trying to help? Whatever happened to her?

How did Deeks know that Mrs Morgan was abused simply because of the things she said? I couldn't really follow that logic.

I feel like they're bringing Grumpy Kilbride back in the most inappropriate moments. At the beginning, he discusses expense account something with Sam at a time when he could be grumpy and at the end, he gets grouchy when the team is out in the field and needs his support? That is one of the reasons I still don't like him. I also feel that he's an inconsistent character because why is he suddenly discussing more personal stuff with the team? It doesn't seem like something has happened to warrant that. I don't know. He's a weird character.

I'd appreciate if the team stopped taking personal calls and/or taking care of personal business in like every episode again. It's just unprofessional. There's something Kilbride could get grouchy over.
I guess, it's their way of explaining someone's absence during the episode but it makes no sense. I also find it disrespectful to the characters because, as said above, it's unprofessional and whether I like all of them equally or not, they aren't unprofessional. Even Deeks who's sometimes too much for my taste is a professional, especially when it matters.

I enjoyed the moment between Callen and Anna. Out of all the characters, I feel that Callen has had the chance to grow the most, even if the changes are minimal, they're there. Like the end of this episode when he brought the bagels and lit the candles. (I'm assuming, he's also not putting beds onto the curb anymore, at least not without Anna's permission and to then sleep on the floor ;-))
I also liked that Anna was allowed to bring up the latest revelations about Hetty and ask why he still cared and that they didn't gloss over that. When I read that Callen wanted Hetty at his wedding, I wondered about that, so I'm happy it got addressed. I think his explanation makes sense, too. Given that he said it, there likely is more to the story but even if there weren't, I understand why he would need to believe that. Hetty was such a huge part of his life, so he doesn't want to give up on her until he is sure that he needs to give up on her.

• Like 1