Type keyword(s) to search

Will Lexington: Closeted Cowboy

I am just waiting for Layla to find out he's gay, write a hit song about how betrayed she feels, and re-launch her career at his expense. It's gonna happen, right? I'll definitely feel bad for the guy (I like this character a lot and it makes me sad that he's so self-loathing), but that would be great TV.

I am thinking when she finds out she goes public and he at least attempts suicide. 

I love this character and the actor. Like Hayden P., he really seems to own his character in a very compelling way. So I hope the suicide attempt is unsuccessful. 

Anybody notice that whenever they talk about Will, like Jeff and Gunnar did last night, the talk is always whether he is gay. No bi or curious or experimenting. They go straight to the extreme- he is either straight or gay, nothing in between. With all the women he has slept with, it seems possible that he is at least bi. I am guessing this is just the show and its writers needing to draw clear lines. 

And at some point don't we need a really good duet between Will and Layla that somehow sheds light on their relationship?

I like Will and the actor playing him has one of the better voices in the cast but they need to stop the Will/Layla thing soon. It's been uncomfortable and cringeworthy for weeks now. It's not just the age difference but the fact that she's so young. Add that to the fact that he's just using her but they had a sexual relationship... which thankfully has cooled off, and it's very problematic. I'm not sure if this new phase (which involved a rewrite of Layla's character from manipulative pageant princess to insecure virgin) is an improvement or not. I just want it to stop. 

I had to roll my eyes hard at Will getting bashed in a park. I mean seriously, is this 1999 or something? Guys Will's age don't cruise parks for other men. They cruise the internet and use Grindr. They could've had Will get bashed by a guy he met online and it would have made more sense.

One time I passed a cruise park and there wasn't a single guy there under the age of 50.

I think Will's storyline has really stalled, and they need to mix it up a little bit.  I know they're tiptoeing around the issue a bit because they don't want to alienate the country music crowd, by portraying them as homophobic and intolerant (which they are).  But I think the way Jeff treated him was too obvious - Jeff's a pig.  I want to see Rayna sign Will to a contract, then be forced to address his sexuality.   She's the sweetheart of country music who can do no wrong.  Let's see what she makes of it.

With Will coming out of the closet, I wonder what his career path will take. Most people think country music fans are homophobic - including the DJs, I think - but I think he can still make a pretty good living.  His appeal is mostly to women, and women fans won't really care about his sexuality if he acts hot on stage. And, boy howdy, he IS hot!