Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E18: San Diego Reunion, Part 1

• Start Topic

On 11/4/2022 at 12:28 AM, shok said:

Krysten just looked down her snooty nose at him and let the world know he wasn't good enough for her.

Sour grapes on her part, IMO. She didn't act like she didn't want him until he rained on her "door ajar" parade.

• Love 6
On 11/3/2022 at 11:16 AM, Jax7917 said:

Unpopular from what I see , but I like Kevin as a  host ! And I don’t say that often . He is real .. says what’s on everyone’s minds and asks them hard questions . 

I especially liked when Binh was like , “ I have to heal my inner child “ and Kevin was like what is up with you West Coast people and these terms ? Lol . I was thinking the same .  I don’t buy what Binh is selling . He brings up his childhood and not feeling like he was accepted in Asian culture as an excuse to why he’s not ready to be married now . Maybe the real reason is a sexuality thing , maybe it’s something else .. but I doubt his reason is the actual reason .

Inner child, whatever.  Does there have to be a term?  You meet, you like what you see, you date, and little by little you fall in love.  You want to see and be with that person all the time.  You make each other happy.  The thought of not being with that person terrifies you.  You marry and make the best of it.  Hopefully, it sticks, unless there’s infidelity. alcoholism, abuse, etc.  I don’t believe in this show.  They throw two people together hoping they will stay together, so marry them.  At least if you are single and someone fixes you up, you can bail if you don’t care for them for some reason.  This is a crap shoot.  I would know in five seconds if I wanted to go forward with someone.  I dated plenty.  No second dates, but when I met my husband, Bingo.  I wanted to be with him forever.  When you know, you know.   You both commit to marriage equally.  Not throw two strangers together hoping it will work.  I don’t know why I watch this crap, but I do.  Maybe no more .. don’t know.

Poor Mitch.  I thought he was a gentleman.  He never disrespected anyone and was honest with her.  This door a jar is bullshit.  She never gives up and is still begging.  No self respect.  Get over it already.  He’s just not into you.  He tried.  There’s lots of women like Krysten, but don’t beg.  She’s the type to stalk him.  I liked her in the beginning, but thought she was too much in the end.

Edited by kristen111
  • Fire 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Sour grapes on her part, IMO. She didn't act like she didn't want him until he rained on her "door ajar" parade.

She just can’t let go as the clock is ticking.  Back to the drawing board.  She can still have a child her way, whatever way she wants.  Then, see what happens.  There’s plenty of single Mothers out there ;  even adoption is an option.

Look at this.  Two more new episodes Wednesday, unless one is a repeat.  They just won’t let go either.  WTH?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

It kind of reminded me of Virgin Iris's reaction to Keith.

Mitch could be a bit much but I think he was kind about not being married to her. I liked the way he said, "You deserve a guy who is crazy about you and that guy is never going to be me."

Keith, who really seemed like a nice guy, said no to Iris but you could see in her eyes she thought she could change his mind.

I wonder if part of the problem was they are both conventionally attractive women who are not used to rejection.

Of course, that makes no sense because at the end of the day, going on this show is a sign that you do not have your love life together no matter how you good you look.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

This is a crap shoot.  I would know in five seconds if I wanted to go forward with someone.  I dated plenty.  No second dates, but when I met my husband, Bingo.  I wanted to be with him forever.  When you know, you know.   You both commit to marriage equally.  Not throw two strangers together hoping it will work.  

The original premise of the show was that the people really wanted to be married and had "tried everything" so they were coming to the "experts" for matchmaking, and the "marriage" was so they couldn't bail like they normally did when things weren't immediately to their liking, so I think sort of an "understood" premise was that they had bad pickers and needed to find a new way of looking at potential mates.  They have clearly thrown the entire premise under the bus by picking people in their 20s, or people who tell them clearly that if they aren't immediately attracted they'll be done, and in some cases, like Mitch and basketball-playing Matt, people who don't even want to be married and I doubt have ever tried at all.

ETA:  That's one of the reasons Krysten was liked this season by us for the most part - she was keeping her part of the bargain!

Edited by princelina
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, princelina said:

The original premise of the show was that the people really wanted to be married and had "tried everything" so they were coming to the "experts" for matchmaking, and the "marriage" was so they couldn't bail like they normally did when things weren't immediately to their liking, so I think sort of an "understood" premise was that they had bad pickers and needed to find a new way of looking at potential mates.  They have clearly thrown the entire premise under the bus by picking people in their 20s, or people who tell them clearly that if they aren't immediately attracted they'll be done, and in some cases, like Mitch and basketball-playing Matt, people who don't even want to be married and I doubt have ever tried at all.

ETA:  That's one of the reasons Krysten was liked this season by us for the most part - she was keeping her part of the bargain!

Like a lot of tv now the original premise and first few seasons were a good idea BUT as with most things now they had to keep going well past its sell by date and will keep beating that dead horse as long as 1 person is still watching. Now it's just people who want to be on tv and to get more "likes" and "clout" on their IG.

How about doing it for love rather than the "gram". It's pathetic.

• Love 5

Lessons from this season: Don't get caught up in the wedding & honeymoon & declare love before your dogs have met. 🤪 (Kev should've asked what they would've done differently). Don't tell your new wife's secret & make her out to be a fraud. Most unfortunate situation. A sad, new first. Don't ask your husband every 5 minutes where he is on loving you. Nate says it daily now, but does he even care to know her on a deeper level? Don't give your power to your husband, allowing him to control you and abuse that control. Lastly, DON'T SIGN UP IF YOU DON'T ACTUALLY WANT TO BE MARRIED & BUILD A MARRIAGE!!!! Mitch wanted the idea of marriage because his brother is married with kids. They have them say why they wanted to be MAFS, so much that we get sick of it, but Kev should ask them again so they can be honest.

Edited by Lindz
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

I just watched the reunion part one. My take from it:

Lindy and Miguel - They seem in a better place,  Both seem to have grown a bit.   They are kind of cute again. I hope they make it.

Krysten and Mitch - I think he may have tried harder if he had gotten his type which I’m guessing is a cute beach babe. Krysten was just not his type. I think they need to quit asking him if there is a chance. 

Stacia and Nate - They stayed together but aren’t in one home yet. He says he loves her. Maybe they just need some more time.

Binh and Morgan - Well she seems happy that she got an apology that she deemed worthy. I think she scared the crap out of him. I don’t think his inner child has anything to do with it.

Alexis and Justin - He’s a mess. I’m not sure who is lying. The way he unfollowed everyone makes me think he’s got more issues than it seemed. I don’t think Nate came on to him. Alexis didn’t need to make the faces indicating the sex was bad. I think what went wrong is her attraction lessened as the marriage went on. 

• Love 4

Although I watched every episode of this season I refuse to watch the reunion. It's a boring waste. I can come here and catch up on everything in 5 minutes!

I only want to know one thing: Is Justin back together with his dog?

Regarding Mitch- I think he had a poor way of expressing not being attracted to Kristin. I believe he thought she was pretty, just not the type of woman he goes for. He prefers a surfer beach babe with natural sun streaked hair and no make up at all. Put on a wet suit and let's go! He was not very articulate in expressing that. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Another Mitch fail was hard to watch. I see why it was cut. Being asked about hobbies is annoying. That's up there with Nate's weird "biggest flaw" or "biggest insecurity" questions. And Krysten saying they'd probably have sex that night as they're walking away after their decision... Just. No. I see why that was cut also. We didn't even know they started that up again & it makes Krysten look even more ridiculous. 😒

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 1

Is Justin back together with his dog?

I hope so.

We had our own Mya Moment here at Casa Elizzkra last night. Our dog aggressive lab/boxer mix went after our other lab, who had a piece of banana that was apparently the last available bite of food on the planet. Dog 1 completely lost her shit and attacked Dog 2, who is usually a fairly subservient dog but did object to her sister trying to kill her. In the course of pulling them apart, my husband ended up with a bite on his foot that is still bleeding, 24 hours later. We ended up in the ER until about 3 in the morning and literal puddles of blood on the kitchen floor. 

The moral of the story, be very careful monitoring interactions among dogs, particularly those who are known to be aggressive. 

• Hugs 2
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I hope so.

We had our own Mya Moment here at Casa Elizzkra last night. Our dog aggressive lab/boxer mix went after our other lab, who had a piece of banana that was apparently the last available bite of food on the planet. Dog 1 completely lost her shit and attacked Dog 2, who is usually a fairly subservient dog but did object to her sister trying to kill her. In the course of pulling them apart, my husband ended up with a bite on his foot that is still bleeding, 24 hours later. We ended up in the ER until about 3 in the morning and literal puddles of blood on the kitchen floor. 

The moral of the story, be very careful monitoring interactions among dogs, particularly those who are known to be aggressive. 

Which reminds me of my Sisters German Shepherds they used to find in the streets.  Anytime we would visit with our three little kids, they would try to nip one of the kids.  I was always a wreck when the kids walked around.  Dog owners never will give their dogs wrong.  One of their dogs bit my Mother on the leg for no reason.  I’m sure they gave your Husband some shots of some kind, I hope.

1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

Which reminds me of my Sisters German Shepherds they used to find in the streets.  Anytime we would visit with our three little kids, they would try to nip one of the kids.  I was always a wreck when the kids walked around.  Dog owners never will give their dogs wrong.  One of their dogs bit my Mother on the leg for no reason.  I’m sure they gave your Husband some shots of some kind, I hope.

He was up to date on his tetanus shots and the dogs are current on rabies vaccines so they cleaned up the wound, dressed it, did an x-ray to make sure no bones were broken and sent us home with oral antibiotics. We have talked with a trainer and are going to do some intensive work to prevent these episodes in the future. Some of the things they have recommended will work for us because we have a house and a fenced yard and the time and willingness to spend on the issue, but I don't see Justin and Alexis as having any of those resources. Since they have split, I hope Justin got Mya back but I think it's safe to say that Mya really cannot live with another dog in the future. I hope Justin accepts that and plans accordingly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 11/6/2022 at 8:18 PM, Chatty Cake said:

I just watched the reunion part one. My take from it:

Lindy and Miguel - They seem in a better place,  Both seem to have grown a bit.   They are kind of cute again. I hope they make it.

Krysten and Mitch - I think he may have tried harder if he had gotten his type which I’m guessing is a cute beach babe. Krysten was just not his type. I think they need to quit asking him if there is a chance. 

Stacia and Nate - They stayed together but aren’t in one home yet. He says he loves her. Maybe they just need some more time.

Binh and Morgan - Well she seems happy that she got an apology that she deemed worthy. I think she scared the crap out of him. I don’t think his inner child has anything to do with it.

Alexis and Justin - He’s a mess. I’m not sure who is lying. The way he unfollowed everyone makes me think he’s got more issues than it seemed. I don’t think Nate came on to him. Alexis didn’t need to make the faces indicating the sex was bad. I think what went wrong is her attraction lessened as the marriage went on. 

I couldn’t care less whether what Justin said was the truth or not.  You don’t go on National tv and reveal a bomb like he did.  There are families involved here.  He just showed his stupidity and immaturity.  Good luck finding a mate in your lifetime.  Can Nate sue him?  And, what’s with the crying every five minutes?  Besides being an asshole, he’s a baby.

• Like 2

I’m sick of hearing Pepper & Cal referred to as “experts”. They are game show hosts who have no say in selecting the couples who get married. The producer pick the most controversial, mismatched male losers and some desperate women who are dying to be married no matter how much of a dwork loser their spouse is. First of all let’s talk about how badly Kristen got screwed over:  Mitch is a pathetic loser who makes 1/3 of Kristen’s income. His house - “hovel” was ready to be condemned!  I can’t imagine a grown 41 year old man living in such tiny filth. He acted initially like he only was with super models and Kristen was not good enough for him!  He is the kind of guy who has been ostracized and teased by 99.999% of the people who meet him.  I wanted to smack his arrogant forced smile off his ugly face. He didn’t deserve a woman like Kristen who was so far out of his league that he should have fallen to her feet and said I’m a loser, a wimp, an opinionated turd failure who want a barefoot woman with armpit hair who doesn’t use toilet paper and never takes care of any personal grooming.  He makes me sick and the pitifully desperate Kristen is the one female who would have tolerated his pathetic arrogance. I can’t believe that the other husbands didn’t give him a code red or take him to the flagpole and tie him naked to it. 
Please women- before you agree to go on this show ask yourself can you do any worse by picking up a homeless mentally ill unemployed man??? Never would I allow any person I know to be subjected to such a disgusting experience purely for ratings that generate ad revenues for lifetime. 

• Love 1

Anyone who lists their occupation as day Trader is a person to run from. Stacia was so out of his league it’s just another example of the game show hosts screwing over another female contestant!  I got nauseous when Nate said they were going to be a power couple. With Stacia’s Money, business acumen, hustle and smarts along with Nate’s con artist day trading he brings nothing to the marriage except sexual capability. - which is more than Mitch and Justin do!  I can’t believe that Stacia Chose to stay married on d-day. Nate said it best when he expressed the fear of being homeless if the moved into Stacia’s home and they broke up. Any real man with a real job, Amex card and a BMW or MB can always find a place to live. With the stock market in the crapper I’m sure that Nate has lost any profits he earned & had severely cut into his principal. You can’t be a Power couple is on person is a broke joke who communicates at a 4th grade level. I hope Stacia realizes that she’s so much better than him and she should leave his pitiful self at his apartment & change her locks. 

• Love 1