Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E07: Michael Bublé Night

• Start Topic

OMG! Tyra devouring the fried chicken that was crushed down Shangela's chest!
Then she talks with her mouth full! GROSS!🤣
Loved Shangela's dance and her legs were crispy but I'm sure the symbolic chicken legs were sweaty and she wasn't expecting anyone to actually eat them!

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

To be fair, the chicken was in a baggie, so probably not sweaty. And Tyra was probably hungry. 

I restarted watching DWTS when Derek moved from perennial winner to judge, so I was not excited to see his showcase dance (although I am looking forward to a finale dance w Selma, if that happens, go figure). 

I wish for a shocking Charli boot, but since we’re stuck with her til the end, can the judges at least stop fawning all over her??  She is a trained dancer!!!!  I want true amateur dancers, and by the way, true “celebrities”.  Ugh.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, CraftyHazel said:

I wish for a shocking Charli boot, but since we’re stuck with her til the end, can the judges at least stop fawning all over her??  She is a trained dancer!!!!  I want true amateur dancers, and by the way, true “celebrities”.  Ugh.

Gotta keep the Tik Tok star happy! The Chosen one, its so gross. And the constant plugging of the shitty reality show, the friendship with the Kartrashians(who have a show on Disney owned Hulu) 

• Love 6

WTF was going on tonight?  Scores were all over the place!

First off, whoever is voting for Vinny, for the love of God, please stop!  He's the worst dancer left, and it's obvious.  Thankfully, Jessie, who is the second worst dancer left, went home tonight instead of Trevor, but Vinny is going to start knocking off some much better dancers if they keep voting for him like that.  It seems like he's really trying, but he's just not getting any better.  Let him go home already!

Shangela is such a joy to watch, and her dance tonight was really good.  I was happy with her scores initially, but after seeing the scores of some of the others, she was underscored.  

Trevor did a lovely job, I thought.  He's still not top tier, but he should be more solidly in the middle of the pack, but the judges (mostly) just don't want to use anything more than a 8 paddle for him.  So glad they saved him; he deserved the save.  But if they keep underscoring him, they're not going to keep saving him.

Charli was good.  Of course, she was good.  And her pathetic little attempts to make it seem like it was "hard" for her tonight were laughable and insulting to the non-highly-trained professional dancers in the group for whom learning this stuff actually is hard.  

I love Wayne Brady and think he's been doing a phenomenal job so far.  But this was not good.  Not surprising given that he was sick, and they only had a few days to learn the routine.  Quickstep is hard.  But his scores were way too high.  All 8s would have sufficed, and much as I also love Michael Buble, his 10 was absurd.

Daniel struggled, and his scores were fair.  Heidi and Gabby were not great tonight (imho), and they were also among the overscored.  

I thought Jordin did a lovely job.  I find that I'm liking her a lot.  Jessie is trying, but if it couldn't be Vinny going home tonight, it was right that it was her.  

I feel like I'm forgetting someone, but I can't think who.  I loved Michael's new song, and the dance number accompanying it was fabulous!

Imho, what they should have done this week was have Michael sing every song instead of judge.  He's a very personable guy, but he had no business scoring the dances.  Would much rather have heard him sing more.

So there are 9 dancers left, and they're bringing back the team dances?  So are we having 3 teams of 3 each or one team of 4 and one team of 5?  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, yourdreamer said:

To be fair, the chicken was in a baggie, so probably not sweaty. And Tyra was probably hungry. 

Oh gosh I just thought her grabbing that chicken leg was so rude and inappropriate! She's on a stage in front of cameras hosting a dance show wearing a fancy gown standing there chomping on fried chicken and talking with her mouth full? I don't think it mattered if she was hungry! She should have controlled herself!🤣
Even if it was in a baggie - the baggie must have been sweaty and the chicken all smushed and touched by who knows how many people. I really don't think Shangela expected anyone to eat it. She gave the chicken to Len as  joke....as a reference to him wanting her to have crispy legs.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I enjoyed all the dances this week and thought Derek's Bublé routine was really terrific! Loved all the shapes made with the animation type moves.

I did think however that Michael Bublé's scoring interfered a bit in tonight's judging. It looked like he started out following what scores the other judges were giving so those who went early got lower scores from Bublé. Then as the night continued he began to give higher scores than those the judges were awarding so the dancers who went in the second half of the show benefited by 1-3 points more in total points.

• Love 1

I'm just going to start off with the fact that I could watch Derek dance all day long!

Shangela-does anyone else think that that wasn't a good song to Tango to? Regardless of that, I thought it was a good dance.

OMG,really?! 

Derek's reactions to Bruno crack me up 🤣

Trevor-he has improved a lot, and I'm starting to enjoy him more. He is no longer on my "needs to leave sooner rather than later" list.

I wonder if anyone has ever said "I've never heard of that song" or "I hate that song"?

Gabby-I guess it was technically good, but I just don't connect with her or her dancing.

Vinny-as hard as he tries, he's just not smooth. Again, though, the song didn't seem to work with the dance style.  Jersey Shore fans are probably going to keep him around for a while.

I wish people would quit interrupting Len during his critiques.

Jordin-probably my favorite dance from her.

Charli-same as Gabby, technically good(but what else would you expect?), but I just don't care for her. It also annoys me that she acts so suprised when she gets her scores.

Mark's hair is something else. How do they hide it all when he's dancing?

Heidi-you could tell that she had fun with this one, and it was fun to watch. I'm glad that Charli was smiling instead of mugging/acting goofy behind her mom.

Oh, Len 😲

Wayne-pretty impressive, given the lack of practice/rehearsal time. I'm glad he's ok, but that was tmi...

I hate to admit it, cause I love him, but Wayne was overscored tonight.

Jessie-well, she had fun. Probably her best dance. At least she left on a high note.

Daniel-I'm glad Britt gave him more content, he did pretty good with it.

Michael ws real slick about dodging the"who was your favorite"question.

I was sweating it there for a minute.

3 hours ago, Linderhill said:

who are voting for that idiot Vinny?  seriously, the guy needs to go home

Jersey Shore fans.

Edited by marykat71702
  • Like 1

Thank you, Hair department! Mark sans manbun brings back all his sexy leading man looks, which also gave him and Charli that convincing chemistry they lacked in some dances.

Charli's contemporary and foxtrot were both amazing. I would be lying if I didn't look forward to them, but I know I'd not care about her if she wasn't paired with Mark. 

Wish Vinnie had gone instead of Jessie. The kids on social media said they planned on voting for anyone but her or some kind of strategy. I find that pretty mean given she's never been the worst and has been great with 0 dance experience, but seems to receive the most online criticism.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, anonymiss said:

Wish Vinnie had gone instead of Jessie. The kids on social media said they planned on voting for anyone but her or some kind of strategy. I find that pretty mean given she's never been the worst and has been great with 0 dance experience, but seems to receive the most online criticism.

Eh, she hasn't been that good, honestly. Alan did well distracting with tricks and lifts, but Jessie hasn't shown much growth since her first week. Her footwork, in particular, is still the same. She's very stompy when she dances. Carrie Ann, I think, even commented this week on how she should be more flowy. I'm glad Jessie's gone, not just because I find Trevor has made massive improvements which make me enjoy him more, but we get rid of the non-stop "I'm a Mom and this is SO HARD because of it!" comments she's made almost every single week. Trevor may not be the best dancer, but I've seen improvement from him. Look at week 1 to now, his footwork has gotten better, his lines has improved, and he looks more confident.

Similar to Iman, that's the type of contestant I get excited for. Not the best in the bunch, but EASILY the most improved. 

But yes, Vinny also needs to go but I imagine the Jersey Shore fans will knock out better dancers to keep him as a result. Now that Jessie's gone, we're likely going to start getting upset as others go before he probably does at 5th. He's gone back to looking miserable, though. He wears his heart on his sleeve, so you see all his emotions at all times. He seemed happier a couple of weeks ago but tonight, he has back to looking dejected and....not uninterested in being there, but wishing he was anywhere else. He knows he's the worst there, he knows he isn't improving, and he knows he won't get much better. It seems like he really can't handle more than basic choreography, which is why Koko's dumbed down the dances.

Michael Buble was...there, I guess. Obviously not a dancer in any way, but I did like that he made positive comments. Wish he didn't get to judge but I didn't mind him so much.

Shangela didn't get underscored, thank god! And I had a good laugh at the fried chicken segment. Shangela is such a joy to watch and I love that she makes Len laugh. 

Gabby was technically good, and I actually enjoyed the rehearsal package. Jenna made me laugh, which doesn't happen often. The issue with Gabby is that the music was a tad too fast for a rumba, AND she was still way too smiley. So that led to a disconnect with her and Val. 

Jordin did so well. It was a safe dance but she still did very well with it.

Charli and Heidi are technically good but, man do I also not connect with them. Charli's dances are excellent, I get why she would win, but there's a reason why I don't tend to root for ringers who are expected to win. She's fine, she's not horrible as a person or dancer, she's just not on my top favourites. 

And Heidi dances fairly well, but why I don't root for her either is the expressionless aspect. She smiles but there's no emotion when she dances. 

Wayne did as well as he could have with only two days of rehearsal, but I did notice the many mistakes at the end and think his scores were fair.

Daniel! I adore him and Britt. Best partnership this season, easily. I love seeing her adapt to him and trying to teach him in a new way. It definitely worked for me, and thought he did so much better. He just needs to work on giving his moves a little more attack but otherwise, massive improvement on his end. I adore him so much.

The group dance led by Derek/Hayley was very impressive. 

Overall, I would have preferred a Vinny elimination but JJD going was just as good. 

• Love 4

I have never watched Jersey Shore and I vote for Vinny. I like him. Charlie is the obviously best dancer but I don't give a flying fuck about any of her dances. They don't entertain me. Watching someone who doesn't know how to dance learn and have fun is what I personally watch this show for so Vinny works for me. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I have never watched Jersey Shore and I vote for Vinny. I like him. Charlie is the obviously best dancer but I don't give a flying fuck about any of her dances. They don't entertain me. Watching someone who doesn't know how to dance learn and have fun is what I personally watch this show for so Vinny works for me. 

My issue with Vinny is that he is not a good dancer. He may seem very nice, but he's not a good dancer. I want to be entertained, but I also want good dancing. Vinny doesn't provide that. Surprisingly, Trevor fits that bill for me. His growth has been great, he's been great in the rehearsal packages and he seems like a nice guy. I enjoy watching him dance now so that's why I vote Trevor. I think Vinny does need to go. He's going to knock out Daniel, Jordin and Trevor before he goes, and I don't want that.

I don't like Charli, she doesn't entertain me, so I don't vote for her. I also don't vote Heidi, Gabby or Wayne. My votes pretty much go to Trevor, Shangela, Daniel and Jordin now.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3

I have enjoyed most of Vinny's dances personally because he seems like he's having so much fun most of the time (last night being the exception). I don't give a shit about whether someone is technically good or not, I only care whether they entertain me personally.

I've voted for Vinny, Daniel, Joseph, Trevor, Shangela, and Jordin. Jordin's dances actually bore me because imo Brandon's chorography is horrible but I like her and I think she's actually better than her scores are reflecting so I find it annoying the judges (particularly Len) seem to be lowballing her for some reason. I mean, I guess they're also bored and they, like me, mostly only care about being entertained so I guess I shouldn't really hold it against them but I do lol.

I don't find Vinny or Trevor entertaining at all. I sort of liked Jessie James Decker. At least she had a personality.

How long is the judges save going to last? Trevor was on the bottom two twice. He should be gone. I could see Heidi becoming another Ally Brooke as well. If fans don't want you, then you should go. I know that means we have to see Vinny in the finals, but if fans vote for him, then he should be there.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, I was shocked they saved Trevor since he's already been in the B2 and just last week they weirdly gave Jessie the marathon win last week, which seems like it was done to protect her. Very odd. 

It can really show the audience that production and Judges favor certain people to get results they want. I still maintain that Production wanted Bachelorette Hannah to win so bad that they Put James Van deer Beek in Bottom 2 and had judges cut him over Ally Who'd been in Bottom 2 before that cause they didn't want him beating Hannah. I bet these judges do it again to help Charli get to the end and Win. I can see Wayne and Gabby getting cut to help their Precious "Social Media Tik Tok Megastar and friend of Kartrashians " the win

Edited by Josh371982
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

How long is the judges save going to last? Trevor was on the bottom two twice. He should be gone. I could see Heidi becoming another Ally Brooke as well. If fans don't want you, then you should go. I know that means we have to see Vinny in the finals, but if fans vote for him, then he should be there.

It always lasts to semi-finals.

I do think this elimination was fine, I think the judges don't like Jessie so they took the first opportunity they could to get rid of her. Just like, if it's Trevor/Vinny in F2, it would be about getting rid of Vinny, more than saving Trevor (especially if Vinny gets in bottom two because they may lose their shot, otherwise). Jessie's attitude has not been great for the show so I get why they might want to get rid of her. Though, yeah, have ZERO idea why they handed her the Marathon win last week. That probably saved her and got rid of Joseph as a result. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Didn't Ally Brooke get saved to go to the finals over James Vanderbeek? That was so gross and unfair. The bottom two at that point is irrelevant because there are so few people. I can see them saving Heidi or Trevor over Jordan and Daniel so they can get their stupid mother/daughter showdown or their Ken/Barbie romance/showmance. 

The judge's save is okay the first few weeks, but I hope they don't do it anymore after this week.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I've voted for Vinny, Daniel, Joseph, Trevor, Shangela, and Jordin. Jordin's dances actually bore me because imo Brandon's chorography is horrible but I like her and I think she's actually better than her scores are reflecting so I find it annoying the judges (particularly Len) seem to be lowballing her for some reason. I mean, I guess they're also bored and they, like me, mostly only care about being entertained so I guess I shouldn't really hold it against them but I do lol.

Also agree with this. Love Jordin, but Brandon is not a very good pro. He has never created a memorable dance. They've all been ok but nothing that makes his partners stand out. But she should be getting slightly higher scores and she hasn't. 

4 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Didn't Ally Brooke get saved to go to the finals over James Vanderbeek? That was so gross and unfair. The bottom two at that point is irrelevant because there are so few people. I can see them saving Heidi or Trevor over Jordan and Daniel so they can get their stupid mother/daughter showdown or their Ken/Barbie romance/showmance. 

The judge's save is okay the first few weeks, but I hope they don't do it anymore after this week.

Yes, and it was stupid and unfortunate and it's still a downside to the judge's save...but also the show is still better off for it. I think having a judge's save is better because it's not 100% based off of a popularity contest. When fans vote, it tends to be less about the dance, more about who they like more. So some dancers go earlier as a result, even though they shouldn't.

I actually don't see them saving Trevor over anyone except for Vinny. They dropped the Trevor/Emma showmance angle week 3, which is great. Heidi, on the other hand, yeah, they might try to save her over most people. However, I actually think Shangela has a great shot at making F4 and bumping Heidi out of the finals. But yeah, Jordin/Daniel are very likely being eliminated in the next two weeks.

• Love 3

I only watched the second half since Disney+ wouldn't let me start at the beginning last night.  Will watch the first half later.  Vinny does need to go next.  He looked miserable in the sky box.  He was upset that he did better during rehearsals and made mistakes for the show.  I think he took it really hard.  He tries but at this point, he's going to knock out better dancers.  That already happened but the ones that left were not going to last very long anyway.  I don't watch Jersey Shore but didn't the Situation go out early?  Snooki lasted until top 8 but she was a middle tier dancer.  Vinny is a bottom tier dancer.  That sounds mean but it's o.k. when they improve like Iman who also started out as a bottom tier dancer.  But I really don't see Vinny improving that much.

I think this week was Charli's best dance.  She's always technically excellent but she actually showed some personality.  It helps that the foxtrot is elegant and subtle.  She will still need to show what she can do with a sexy Latin number.

I liked Artem's samba choreography but Heidi was overscored.  Judges probably want to keep mother/daughter around.

I'm cheering for Wayne to win but he was overscored.  He did great for somebody that only practiced for two days and most people would be a hot mess.  8's would have been appropriate. 

Not too sad that Jessie left.  She did better last week with a slower standard dance.

Loved the Higher number that Derek choreographed.  Agree that Michael should have just sang and not judged.  He was supportive of the contestants but a 10 for Wayne?  Just no.  Would love to see him as a contestant because of his musicality and I liked that he noticed that Jordin has good musicality too.

Edited by realdancemom
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I too have never watched Jersey Shore but I do like Vinnie as he can be fun.  However I do not vote for Vinny because there are others who fit the bill of being entertaining and who are honestly learning how to dance AND who are doing a better job and have better attitudes.

Vinnie is the worst dancer in the cast and I fear that we may have a situation like there used to be when a large group of people would coordinate voting for the worst dancer on the show just to mess with production and viewers. I recall this group taking Bristol far in her season.

I think the judges have told Vinnie that he needs to practice more so he may not be working hard enough. And he gets upset over his scores/critiques.

I hope he doesn't cause others who are working harder and doing better to get cast off the show. I'm worried about this happening to Trevor and Daniel.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, Melonie77 said:

Vinnie is the worst dancer in the cast and I fear that we may have a situation like there used to be when a large group of people would coordinate voting for the worst dancer on the show just to mess with production and viewers. I recall this group taking Bristol far in her season.

They were also the reason that Bobby Bones won his season 🤬

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, marykat71702 said:

They were also the reason that Bobby Bones won his season 🤬

Bones had a radio show that had an audience of millions, and popular country artists shilled for him on their social media. Vinnie doesn't have that kind of fanbase or powerful friends. I think the clock might strike twelve next week. I hope so anyway.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think having a judge's save is better because it's not 100% based off of a popularity contest. When fans vote, it tends to be less about the dance, more about who they like more.

IMO the judges score based on who they like as well. Or, even more so perhaps, they score based on what Production wants. It's really no different than fans voting to me. 

• Love 2

I've always found guest judges useless if they don't know dance. I remember Kevin Hart as a guest judge was funny, but most are boring.

Yeah, Vinny needs to go. He seems to have reached his limit. His mother said cashiers at the Staten Island Home Depot said they were voting for him. Anybody in Staten Island want to give them a talking to? lol

• LOL 4

Charli is technically a terrific dancer... but I feel nothing watching her. I don't feel like she brings any soul or passion to her dances. Same with her mom. She is technically good, but there's nothing there for me. 

Carrie Ann saying that maybe this contest was in some ways the hardest for Charli was ridiculous. 

There is a combination of personality on the dance floor and growth throughout the season that is what I look for. Iman had it. It's not even about whether I like the person outside of the competition. I may really like someone, but if they aren't good or aren't growing, they lose me. 

Charli and mom will make it to the finals and I will be bored witless. I love seeing Mark again, but it's not enough to have me in Charli's court. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I watched a few dances from last night on youtube.  I thought Shangela still needs to be more specific in her foot work, but this was a vast improvement. and man is she entertaining.  I saw Gabby for a hot second got bored by the artiface and skipped it.  As much as I love Koko (she was my absolute fave on SYTYCD and thought she should have won) I just can't with that douche bag Vinny, who thinks that his American Italian bullshit can fool anyone. He absolutely sucks but people are getting roped in, because Vinny is sad... just like folks got roped in by that idiot Andy Dick or that Bones guy. 

So, Wayne Brady had an off night. Yes, anyone who was sick and then comes out and dances should be commended. But truthfully, he needs to get better.  He does so well on the Wayne Brady movement and personality. But that comes at a cost -and we lose some basic technique. This dance was a mess. Terrible dance position, hopping instead of floating and it appeared that there were footwork and position mistakes.  I want this guy to win because he's just great at what he does and I look forward to his dances., but if he drops technique so completely like he did on this I am not sure that he will be deserving of the win. He's got to come back and make us forget that dance.  If there is a redemption dance this will be Wayne's. 

Anyway, I also watched Charli and Mark.  She is vapid but that doesn't seem to bother her. It bugs that she is good enough to compete on SYTYCD. Would I waste a vote on her?  Absolutely not.

But oh, that Foxtrot. It was ballroom at its best. They were the epitome of Foxtrot, debonair and beautiful, like David Larabee and Sabrina Fairchild. She was delicate and gorgeous in her designer ball gown, Mark rocking a tuxedo with the flair of Fred Astaire. Impeccable lines. Cool choreography that's rooted in technique. Beautiful russian split -not normally a Foxtrot but it just worked as a performance piece. The only problem was Charli doesn't exude personality. That makes a huge difference. I think you can see the difference on a couple of outstanding Foxtrots Mark did with his partners. especially Kristi and Mark (this was their first freaking dance on the show in season 6) and the Foxtrot Trio that Mark and Sadie Robertson with Emma Slater did. Sadie was younger than Charli and not as experienced as a dancer but her performance quality was superior. I also just noticed that this is a Four Seasons song, and later Mark was going to be Frankie Valli on Broadway.  He really felt that music.  and the choreography is still one of the best Trio dances. Kind of cool.

And Kristi and Mark - 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

Carrie Ann saying that maybe this contest was in some ways the hardest for Charli was ridiculous. 

Yeah, that is ridiculous. She's not the youngest who ever competed on this show, so you can't blame immaturity since she has had the opportunity to perform a ridiculous number of times for an audience. She's like some contestants on So You Think You Can Dance.  They have Impeccable technique, and you think after the audition they would excel, but without the passion for the style of dance it just falls flat

What is mind blowing to me is she's a contemporary dancer, who should be able to emote. It's the difference between an okay dancer and a star.  The bigger problem is she has to compete with people who totally connect with an audience, Shangela and Wayne.  Their technique is not perfect, but every time they perform, they make people feel something. 

• Love 7
On 10/25/2022 at 6:42 AM, Lady Calypso said:

Trevor fits that bill for me. His growth has been great, he's been great in the rehearsal packages and he seems like a nice guy. I enjoy watching him dance now so that's why I vote Trevor. I think Vinny does need to go. He's going to knock out Daniel, Jordin and Trevor before he goes, and I don't want that.

Completely agree. I am astounded at how good Trevor looked last night compared to week one! He has really stepped it up, and I give credit to Emma and his attitude for the improvement. Contrast how much better Trevor and Jordin have gotten compare to Vinny. I know he isn't a dancer, but he looks almost as bad now as he did in his first dance. No growth. We are getting to the point where I feel we are in for a "shock elimination" next week because Vinny is staying past his expiration date.

Tonight was the first time I really felt that I could see that Daniel cannot hear the music. His movements were pretty jerky in some spots. I don't care though because I am astounded at how good he is without hearing anything!

I can't believe I'm saying it, but I love Gabby. She is so funny. I would rather see this ringer win than Charli.

My actual favorites are Wayne and Shangela.

I absolutely loved the Michael Buble performance with the dancers. I love when Derek dances, and this lived up to the hype. I absolutely loved the circular walk when he windmilled Haley over his head, and the line of dancers all dancing together. Just great. I was disappointed Michael was sitting at the already over crowded judges table rather than singing the whole night, but I'll take this. Now excuse me, I'm off to download that album.

• Love 5
On 10/25/2022 at 1:29 AM, marykat71702 said:

I wonder if anyone has ever said "I've never heard of that song" or "I hate that song"?

I have a vague recollection of one season where production had to change the music for a contestant because she absolutely hated the song and refused to dance to it.  Wish I could remember more of the details so I could be sure I didn't imagine it.

On 10/25/2022 at 11:11 AM, Josh371982 said:

It can really show the audience that production and Judges favor certain people to get results they want. I still maintain that Production wanted Bachelorette Hannah to win so bad that they Put James Van deer Beek in Bottom 2 and had judges cut him over Ally Who'd been in Bottom 2 before that cause they didn't want him beating Hannah.

I could be wrong, but I have always thought that James perhaps asked to be let go because his wife had just suffered a miscarriage.  It was a really hard time for the family, and I think he wanted to be with his wife, and the show would have taken too much of his time.  I was sad to see him go; I was really enjoying him.  But I remember thinking he looked relieved to be going home.  Pure speculation on my part, so I freely admit I could be wrong.  I do believe they saved Heidi last week because they want to keep the faux mother-daughter competition going as long as they can.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Completely agree. I am astounded at how good Trevor looked last night compared to week one! He has really stepped it up, and I give credit to Emma and his attitude for the improvement. Contrast how much better Trevor and Jordin have gotten compare to Vinny. I know he isn't a dancer, but he looks almost as bad now as he did in his first dance. No growth. We are getting to the point where I feel we are in for a "shock elimination" next week because Vinny is staying past his expiration date.

Tonight was the first time I really felt that I could see that Daniel cannot hear the music. His movements were pretty jerky in some spots. I don't care though because I am astounded at how good he is without hearing anything!

I can't believe I'm saying it, but I love Gabby. She is so funny. I would rather see this ringer win than Charli.

My actual favorites are Wayne and Shangela.

I absolutely loved the Michael Buble performance with the dancers. I love when Derek dances, and this lived up to the hype. I absolutely loved the circular walk when he windmilled Haley over his head, and the line of dancers all dancing together. Just great. I was disappointed Michael was sitting at the already over crowded judges table rather than singing the whole night, but I'll take this. Now excuse me, I'm off to download that album.

I finally watched the first part of the show.  Besides Trevor, Shangela really improved her frame.  Her legs and feet didn't bug me as much but they were mostly covered too.  The ending pose could have been better because she looked pigeon toed.  I'm being picky on her because she's a great performer and with a little bit of fixing, she would be great.  I'm not picky on somebody like Vinny because he's good when he just remembers choreography.  It is time for him to go.  His dance this week were worse than some of his other dances.

I agree about Daniel.  I think it did help for Britt to go over the lyrics and emotions.  Contrast with Jordin who really feels the music when she dances.  I know that's not fair since Daniel is deaf and I'm amazed at what he can do.

I'm rooting for Wayne.  But between Gabby and Charli, I would rather have Gabby win too.  Both Gabby and Shangela's intro packages and their interviews with Tyra and Alfonso just cracked me up.  Jenna was funny and the whole mustache/chest thing with Alfonso was hilarious.  Gabby has such gorgeous lines and her legs are miles long.  I didn't like this as much as her tango last week since she wasn't 100% percent comfortable with being sexy.  For example, the hip sit that was shown in the intro package could have been smoother and sinewy.  But still a good dance.  I can't wait for Gabby and Val's AT.

I love the circular walk too.  Hayley has such great control of her legs.

Edited by realdancemom
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, LadyMustang65 said:

I have a vague recollection of one season where production had to change the music for a contestant because she absolutely hated the song and refused to dance to it.  Wish I could remember more of the details so I could be sure I didn't imagine it.

I could be wrong, but I have always thought that James perhaps asked to be let go because his wife had just suffered a miscarriage.  It was a really hard time for the family, and I think he wanted to be with his wife, and the show would have taken too much of his time.  I was sad to see him go; I was really enjoying him.  But I remember thinking he looked relieved to be going home.  Pure speculation on my part, so I freely admit I could be wrong.  I do believe they saved Heidi last week because they want to keep the faux mother-daughter competition going as long as they can.

Yeah that could've been the reason. I remembered after I posted that his wife had just miscarried 😞