Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Changing Tides

• Start Topic

When a Marine Corporal dies in a tide pool after being exposed to fentanyl, the NCIS team must quickly find the source of the drugs. Also, Alex talks to his parents about taking a gap year and Ernie reveals personal news to Lucy.

I liked the case of the week, it was well done.  I cringed at Jesse going in alone to rescue the guy that didn't deserve rescuing, and I especially screamed at the TV when he took his mask off to give it to the guy.  I really hope the guy and his partner get charged with some kind of federal crime regarding stealing the drugs.

It was nice that we didn't have any mention of Lucy and Whistler's relationship.

I couldn't care less about Alex and I completely agreed with Daniel.  He wants to defer college so he can go on a boondoggle across Europe with his girlfriend?  I'm sure some people see the benefit in "gap years" but I am very surprised that Jane seems to support it.   The only benefit of Alex going is that maybe he will be off the show.

I also found myself really not caring about Ernie and his relationship drama with his dead/absent father.  

I do hope we get to meet Heather one of these days.

• Like 1

Yes, the case was fine and appreciated not seeing Lucy/Whistler closing out the show like they seem to have every week since the season started (let's give someone else the spotlight for a change).

I don't care about Jane's kids either but was glad she told him he needed to make his own money if he wanted to do a gap year.  I've heard of folks working their way through Europe as well.

Not interested in Ernie and his daddy drama either though that's probably because I can only take so much of the character in general.

When there’s no annoying Kacy, there’s annoying Alex. Hmm.

I thought Cassandra is struggling financially (the roommates story she told Jane). Who is gonna pay for her air ticket? Alex?

Why Lucy stayed behind and not taking part in busting the cartel’s drug camp?

And what was Jesse thinking, taking off the respirator mask and gave it to Tyler.

Is Bam Bam on the spectrum or something?

33 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Why Lucy stayed behind and not taking part in busting the cartel’s drug camp?

I don't get that, or why Jane wasn't there either.  In fact, Jane's barely been in any field scenes this season at all.   For the first couple of episodes I thought it was because VL was off filming the crossover scenes for the premiere but it's continued on so far this season.   

32 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I don't get that, or why Jane wasn't there either.  In fact, Jane's barely been in any field scenes this season at all.

I remember Jane was involved in these scenes:

S02•E01 - at the hotel with Torres, confronting Maxwell/Raven.

S02•E02 - hunting Lani the perp, raiding her house then car chasing scene.

S02•E05 - with the team, fighting the Koa brothers at construction site.

Jesse's dialog this episode:

"Hey everybody! Did you know Fentanyl was bad? Yes? Well I'm going to keep saying it's bad over and over anyway until you want to bash your own TV in just to shut me up!"

Drug PSA disguised as a NCIS episode, they couldn't just have stopped the drug dealers without Jesse having to monologue about it like they've done a million times before on episodes with drug dealers just like this?

I am so looking forward to when it turns out Cass is just playing with Alex and he goes running back to Mommy after she drains his bank account and cheats on him. The woman had "flakey" written on her from day one so I'm all but certain something like that will happen.

I don't know why Ernie didn't just take 5 seconds to say "my Dad was a jackass and that's why I don't want to talk about it." Like usual on these shows when someone has a personal problem someone like Lucy had to keep badgering the about it until they finally talked just to get them to stop.

4 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

And what was Jesse thinking, taking off the respirator mask and gave it to Tyler.

Exactly. Jesse should be trained to know better than that. Always make sure you yourself are safe before lending aid to anyone else. That's one of the first things they teach anyone when they're trained to help people.

Edited by immortalfrieza
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Is Bam Bam on the spectrum or something?

Its in the template so they can trade scripts before deciding which show gets this one.

12 hours ago, Maverick said:

I don't get that, or why Jane wasn't there either.  In fact, Jane's barely been in any field scenes this season at all.   For the first couple of episodes I thought it was because VL was off filming the crossover scenes for the premiere but it's continued on so far this season.   

As Special Agent in Charge Tennant is running a bigger office than Gibbs or Pride. So a mini Vance, not just a team leader. They finally told us the camo uniforms are a NCIS REACT force that has been providing back up this season. But of course TV SWAT, except on S.W.A.T.,  always go behind the star/hero detectives. In any case they have been at most of the action, except when taking down the construction worker/gangsters who had already threatened Federal Agents the week before. 

9 hours ago, immortalfrieza said:

Exactly. Jesse should be trained to know better than that. Always make sure you yourself are safe before lending aid to anyone else. That's one of the first things they teach anyone when they're trained to help people.

But of course is done on every show besides Baywatch

Dear Alex

I'm older than your parents and I know what a gap year is because people have been doing them for quite a while now - sometimes they had fancy names like 'Grand Tour' - your generation hasn't invented them.

Signed

T-Rex's auntie

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
On 10/25/2022 at 10:44 AM, blackwing said:

I'm sure some people see the benefit in "gap years"

Your instincts are spot on. I took a “gap” year between undergrad, and graduate school. I worked in my chosen field, earning needed cash to continue my education.  I needed that higher degree, and pursued it far from home, which made me self-sufficient, broadened my horizons, and introduced me to vastly different lifestyles, all within my own country. That year directed me (recognizing strengths/weaknesses) to make the most of my post-graduate efforts. The idea of “The Grand Tour” is nothing more than a narcissistic pat on the back (participation trophy?) for having endured a bit of effort (and a possible delay to moving forward). 

On 10/25/2022 at 6:30 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:

Bam Bam on the spectrum or something?

I suggested that last episode she appeared, but I’m glad someone else is seeing the OCD and tangential responses. 

Edited by Daff

This episode was mind blowing to me. The misinformation about how deadly fentanyl is was reckless and disappointing. You can’t die from giving someone mouth to mouth who has ODd on it for starters. And saying you can on national tv is dangerous. And may prevent others from helping someone who really needs it. Fentanyl is a dangerous drug TO DO! Absolutely but purely being around it or getting some on your skin, or touching someone’s lips who used it WILL NOT CAUSE YOU ANY HARM. You will def not die “instantly “The rates of fentanyl deaths are off the chain but they are all from users. If it were as deadly as they are saying we’d have thousands dead just from being somewhere it was. And that’s just not the case. Do better bc this false narrative being so widely believed is preventing proper timely care. 

• Thanks 2