Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: One Percenters

Trini
  • Start Topic

A local motorcycle club seeks McCall and the team's help in keeping a member out of prison by proving the illegal guns found in his van were planted. Meanwhile, Delilah's father, Miles, insists on knowing the truth about McCall's work.

Award-winning rapper and record producer Big Daddy Kane guest stars as Buffalo Joe, a motorcycle club founder.

Airdate: October 23, 2022

119037_0953b.jpg

NOTE: There is no NEW episode next week.
Charles Brice (Louis “T Bone” Bennett)
Ezra Knight (Elijah Moore)
Big Daddy Kane (Buffalo Joe)
Brittany Adebumola (Tasha “Storm” Murray)
Brian Hutchison (Leo Day/Moore’s Bodyguard)
Anna Holbrook (Bettie Bass)
Tom Patterson (Bob Bass)
Antoine Jackson (Shorty Pinto)
Kruz Valero (Camila Rivera)
Gino Cafarelli (Eddie Pagan)
Rene Geurcy (Member #2)
Louis Crugnali (Officer #1)
Nicole Chambliss (Officer #3)

• Useful 1

I enjoyed how easily Dante is now integrated into the team's cases.  They need police assistance, they call him.  

Loved the meta references with "The Eliminator" TV show.  Logo and tag line were the same.

13 hours ago, janeta said:

Oh yes please please, Miles, win custody of D…

Delilah was incredibly annoying last season, but I think she's settled down this season.  She knows what her mom does and she knows why she does it.  I think she keeps Robyn centered, and I would hate for Robyn to lose her.  I think Miles is being an ass here.  Dee is 15, how about asking her what she wants to do?  Surely at her age, a court would take the child's wishes into consideration.  I get that the issue is that Robyn doesn't want to go to court and be forced to explain what she does.

10 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Next new episode is November 13, 2022.

Three week break, ugh!

• Love 6

I don't have much of an opinion about Dee. So when I say that Dee needs to be with her father, it's because her mother's job has endangered her and it can in the future. They'll have to kill off or disable Miles or come up with some dirt on him to prevent his gaining custody of his daughter in a normal family court. 

Yeah, you're trying to chase down another cyclist. Pulling a wheelie was a necessary maneuver.

Loved the fight scene where Robyn took down around 6 bulky men with a pool cue and her mad skills. This is what I watch the show for. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

It would make more sense for Dee to be asked which parent she wants to live with since she's a teen.  I get her dad being concerned (as he should be) but I just don't see Dee leaving her mom.  I also don't want this to be a long and drawn out thing.

I did find it amusing that Dee called Harry for help with the cable/tv.

I figured a dirty politician was behind the framing and figured out pretty early that it was from the Bass side.

• Love 7

Oh, I do love seeing a bunch of bikers on a ride! Robyn got her Disciples colors. That is a VERY big thing. I wonder if they are going to read in Miles (somewhat) and make him the team doctor.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, blackwing said:

Delilah was incredibly annoying last season, but I think she's settled down this season.  She knows what her mom does and she knows why she does it.  I think she keeps Robyn centered, and I would hate for Robyn to lose her.  I think Miles is being an ass here. 

I agree with you that Dee's a lot better now than she was. I think they leaned away from making her fragile and PTSD-ridden and toughened her up. Introducing her to Mel and Harry was a good idea because it builds her support system and gives the character other outlets for her emotions. Think of the fact that she called Mel after Robyn was abducted and called Harry to fix their cable. The next time Aunt Vi makes her cassoulet I hope it's a big family dinner with Mel, Harry, and Dante and Dante's kids. Oh dear, I think I just wrote the Christmas episode.😃

I disagree with you on Miles. He asked Robyn over and over again for an explanation and she gave him nothing. She could end this custody battle with an explanation.

• Love 3
On 10/24/2022 at 12:15 PM, mojito said:

Loved the fight scene where Robyn took down around 6 bulky men with a pool cue and her mad skills. This is what I watch the show for. 

I did enjoy that.

And yes, "The Eliminator" as their favorite show was funny!

• Love 3

"I'm the one you call when you can't go to the police station"...LOL

I liked the episode although I could have sworn they've done the crooked politician before. Still, great action and Dante can bring me donuts anytime.

Great cast and a true pleasure to watch.

• Love 4

I'm disappointed in how preachy this is getting.   And how little Robyn can tell anybody about anything.  She just keeps saying "trust me" as things blow up around her and people get kidnapped or killed.  

Why didn't she just say she was back with the CIA?  That would have at least given Miles something.  

Miles getting custody of Delilah actually makes more sense.  The girl is in High School and will be 18 in a few years.  It's not like she's a toddler that won't ever see her mother.  I don't care for her being a central character, she's annoying and takes too much away from the main ACTION that I watch this show for.  

A little family focus is ok, but they are about to cross the line.   And where's her new Bishop?  Did we even see him?  He's so marginal, I can't even remember. 

4 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

I'm disappointed in how preachy this is getting.   And how little Robyn can tell anybody about anything.  She just keeps saying "trust me" as things blow up around her and people get kidnapped or killed.  

Why didn't she just say she was back with the CIA?  That would have at least given Miles something.  

Miles getting custody of Delilah actually makes more sense.  The girl is in High School and will be 18 in a few years.  It's not like she's a toddler that won't ever see her mother.  I don't care for her being a central character, she's annoying and takes too much away from the main ACTION that I watch this show for.  

A little family focus is ok, but they are about to cross the line.   And where's her new Bishop?  Did we even see him?  He's so marginal, I can't even remember. 

Bishop, the OG series Control or their Mel equivalent Mickey Kostmeyer were never in every episode like Mel and Harry are in this remake 

• Love 1

If given the opportunity, of course Dee would choose her mom over her father. 

Because her character is completely convinced that as an unskilled, untrained and impulsive young teenager, she can somehow "protect" her badass, ex-military and covert services mom. 

And Aunt Vi will help her.  And her dad won't understand and just try & control her.  Because that's how they are portraying Delilah.  And as long as the writers keep her so prominent in the stories, it's just going to distract Robyn from the cases she's taking.  She'll always be looking over her shoulder for her daughter, not the bad folks.  

It's not a path I like, so I'm hoping the writers are better than that.  

• Love 3
On 10/24/2022 at 4:33 PM, kwnyc said:

Oh, I do love seeing a bunch of bikers on a ride! Robyn got her Disciples colors. That is a VERY big thing. I wonder if they are going to read in Miles (somewhat) and make him the team doctor.

An interesting thought, but I don’t see him going along with it. That stick is too firmly planted up his…well, you get the idea. 

• Love 2

After thinking on it awhile, I do see a way that could happen. Mr. Control might find himself in a situation where he needs Robyn’s help. Then he might be convinced. 

• Like 2

Miles getting involved with Robyn's work is the only way I could see him backing down from this custody claim. So, that could be interesting. 

On 10/25/2022 at 8:29 PM, Trini said:

I did enjoy that.

And yes, "The Eliminator" as their favorite show was funny!

I like that the show has fun with itself!

On 11/2/2022 at 3:48 PM, Stevie Nicks said:

As old as Dee is, wouldn't her wishes be taken into consideration for where she wants to live? Especially considering that Aunt Vi is in the home too. It's not like Dee is home alone or not being supervised or something. 

As far as I know, the courts generally take an older child's wishes into consideration, as long as there's not a case of abuse. However, if Miles starts talking about abduction and a dirty bomb, I think Robyn's work would come into question. And there are a lot of huge question marks around what she does. 

• Like 3
On 11/2/2022 at 10:55 AM, SnapHappy said:

I agree with Miles getting custody not being such a bad idea. Just like we see her spending time with her dad now, she'd also spend time with her mom. The show has made family a big part of the plot so I doubt that will change but Dee can still be in the show and not live with her mom full-time.

On 10/24/2022 at 12:58 PM, milkyaqua said:

It would make more sense for Dee to be asked which parent she wants to live with since she's a teen.  I get her dad being concerned (as he should be) but I just don't see Dee leaving her mom.

If he thinks his daughter is in danger, a custody case will be about way more than where Dee wants to live. 

On 10/24/2022 at 10:46 AM, blackwing said:

I think Miles is being an ass here.  Dee is 15, how about asking her what she wants to do?  Surely at her age, a court would take the child's wishes into consideration.  I get that the issue is that Robyn doesn't want to go to court and be forced to explain what she does.

I don't think Miles is being an ass considering the situations his daughter has recently been in. It's not even that Robyn doesn't want to go to court and explain. She's not even telling Dee's dad what's going on. 

The court can take Dee's wishes into consideration but her father is right to be concerned. He doesn't know that Robyn/Dee/Aunt Vi have a support system (Mel, Dante, Harry). Robyn avoided speaking to Miles even after Aunt Vi called to get him to convince Dee to leave town because of the dirty bomb. 

• Like 2