Type keyword(s) to search

Traces - General Discussion

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

While attending an online forensic course, young lab assistant discovers that the fictitious case study has a link to her past. With the help of two female professors she works on bringing a killer to justice.

Set in Dundee; 2 seasons, 6 episodes each.

I've finished watching season 1 and I'm hooked. The forensics on this show are so realistic, they make CSI look like a bad cartoon. And Vincent Regan does creepy really, really well.

Season 2 episode 1 has a great scene with the Dean talking to Kathy about the on-line student reviews and Kathy's comments about the students being more and more helpless each year will make anyone who teaches university cringe.

• Love 1

My PBS station finished the second season, which looks like the end of the show. I got hooked on season one and thought both the mystery and the relationship stuff was well done.

Season 2 had a good start but once buy by episode 3 when Emma and Daniel weren't on any more it began to drag and it seemed like the writing was on automatic pilot. I enjoyed Kathy trying to work out her relationships with lover, grad student and students but the main romantic relationship of the season was not good. Not gonna miss a lack of season 3 if there isn't one.

Still, lots of good forensic information.