Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

For the first time this season, I floved the episode
——except for the very end. 
I'm with Abishola about Not putting the house up as collateral.

I yelled "Cinderella!" when Dottie told Christina to join them if she had time after cleaning. 
Heh.
But we know how Cinderella ended.
——Hopefully this is not the original Grimm version.🙁🔥🧦🚒🧑🏻‍🚒
——And/or was Dottie surrounded by empty Red Bulls (?) and Bob's mention of her stroke a premonition? 🙁

Christine Ebersole has such a beautiful smile.

• Love 1

Goodwin, when he's not trying to be the Goodwin he thinks he should be, can be amusing and insightful.  Or at least he has been, I don't know why the writers are taking him in this direction.  At first I thought that they were pushing Goodwin into a major fall, where his ego gets bruised and he learns some things, allowing him to step into middle management and then Bob back into the president's role, though with more delegating than before.  Maybe they'll still do that, but with Christina in that role now.  They foreshadowed that when Christina popped out with that bit of business knowledge regarding stock abandoned at the port.

More power to Bob if he can singlehandedly get American manufacturing back up and running again, and pull some of that outsourcing back home.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

They need to write Goodwin off the show. It's not fun anymore.

I can't believe they dramatically reduced Olu and Tunde's screen time (you know, actual fun characters) from the series just so we can watch this jackass.

Also, what happened with the "Abishola wants to be a doctor" storyline? It was not mentioned in forever.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Also, what happened with the "Abishola wants to be a doctor" storyline? It was not mentioned in forever.

Sh-h-h-h-!!! 🤫

11 minutes ago, Harvey said:

I can't believe they dramatically reduced Olu and Tunde's screen time (you know, actual fun characters)

🙁Right?!?
For a show with 17 minutes of dialog, there are way too many characters.

• Like 1
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, Mittengirl said:

She appeared to be reading textbooks when she was in bed when Bob came home

I know, that is what reminded me of that storyline in the first place. But they don't talk about it anymore.

So, Max Dot is just a distributor? One delayed incoming shipment can ruin the company? Max Dot fulfills their orders from all these other suppliers? I thought they were a company that made compression socks, not just a company that distributed socks.

This season is very boring. Too many ridiculous plots, a boat suddenly out on a lake with no training/license etc. Now the company is in danger of going under over one delayed shipment. The side characters that were fun are now only in one scene. Bah. I hate the treatment of Christine. I don't like her broad humor, but liked it when she was getting her act together. Their treatment of her is horrible and not funny.

Companies have been dealing with delayed shipments for over 2 years all over the globe. This plot was insulting on many levels, especially the crack about Akron.

• Like 1
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, Deskisamess said:

So, Max Dot is just a distributor? One delayed incoming shipment can ruin the company? Max Dot fulfills their orders from all these other suppliers? I thought they were a company that made compression socks, not just a company that distributed socks.

This season is very boring. Too many ridiculous plots, a boat suddenly out on a lake with no training/license etc. Now the company is in danger of going under over one delayed shipment. The side characters that were fun are now only in one scene. Bah. I hate the treatment of Christine. I don't like her broad humor, but liked it when she was getting her act together. Their treatment of her is horrible and not funny.

Companies have been dealing with delayed shipments for over 2 years all over the globe. This plot was insulting on many levels, especially the crack about Akron.

The whole plot is nonsensical.  MaxDot supposedly makes compression socks which are a specialty item.  That would entail certain manufacturing standards and processes to ensure consistency and quality in the product.  Yet, when they cannot get a shipment, they go and buy some random socks off the loading dock to pass off as their own brand.  Companies like MaxDot would rely on return customers and people who wear compression socks would expect certain consistent features from the brand they favor.  

There was also the MaxDot TV commercial that we saw a while back which showed their socks to be very colorful with multiple different patterns and styles.  How are their vendors going to be satisfied with a bunch of random pairs of socks that don't resemble the MaxDot product they expect?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Notabug said:

The whole plot is nonsensical.  MaxDot supposedly makes compression socks which are a specialty item.  That would entail certain manufacturing standards and processes to ensure consistency and quality in the product.  Yet, when they cannot get a shipment, they go and buy some random socks off the loading dock to pass off as their own brand.  Companies like MaxDot would rely on return customers and people who wear compression socks would expect certain consistent features from the brand they favor.  

There was also the MaxDot TV commercial that we saw a while back which showed their socks to be very colorful with multiple different patterns and styles.  How are their vendors going to be satisfied with a bunch of random pairs of socks that don't resemble the MaxDot product they expect?

I came here to pretty much say the same thing.  I have to wonder if the writers just don't care enough to write anything remotely anchored in reality anymore or are they dumb enough not to know this?  You don't even have to own a sock company to know this, just wear them!  

A more realistic take on this would be to enlist another supplier to make the socks according to the MaxDot specs, colors and patterns.  Why is that so hard to write into the script?  It just makes me think that the people that write TV shows these days are either 12 years old or about as mature and aware of the world as one.

• Love 2

It's a Chuck Lorre show. They all go off the rails at some point during their runs on TV. I had hoped this one might finally be different since Gina was moved up to be an executive producer. It's frustrating watching it happen on this show like it was on Mom.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Yeah No said:

A more realistic take on this would be to enlist another supplier to make the socks according to the MaxDot specs, colors and patterns.  Why is that so hard to write into the script? 

Maybe Cinderella/Christina will suggest that👆 after Prince/Princess Charming Of Detroit Sock Manufacturing Inc. gives Cinderella/Christina some awesome socks to try on for size (and as part of a job offer)?

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1
On 10/26/2022 at 11:05 PM, Yeah No said:

A more realistic take on this would be to enlist another supplier to make the socks according to the MaxDot specs, colors and patterns.  Why is that so hard to write into the script? 

Because then they wouldn't have had to take an overnight field trip together to a dock to check out shady socks, nor have to swear that they weren't police officers a couple of times?

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 1
On 10/25/2022 at 3:18 PM, Harvey said:

Also, last season when Dele came back to the US, didn't they say it was just a visit? Now he's started another school year in Detroit with nary a word about his dad or returning to Nigeria.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

If Bob needs collateral for his loan, why doesn't he use his yacht? Or at least sell the yacht so he doesn't need to take out such a large loan? These stupid writers are annoying me with their crazy plots.

• Love 5