Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Trusted Sources

• Start Topic

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think Mariner is where she belongs, even if unfairly. Never liked the character, never felt she belonged on the ship.

For some odd reason, I want another cameo by Memaw (?). That little scene just tickled me and the fact that Carol knew who she was.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Cattoy said:

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think Mariner is where she belongs, even if unfairly. Never liked the character, never felt she belonged on the ship.

For some odd reason, I want another cameo by Memaw (?). That little scene just tickled me and the fact that Carol knew who she was.

I'd have agreed with you about Season One Mariner, but that's not who she is anymore.  That said I think she's good for the show and the ship.  Beckett doesn't blindly believe/spout Federation doctrine.  That's important to showcase the Federation when she's right, but also when she's wrong, like in "Grounded."

I continue to be impressed by the quality of ainimation. The Breen Battle was epic. Love the idea of "Project Swingby". I thouight this was already standard proceedure after what happened with Khan and Componay.

• Like 1

I thought (maybe) the new ship was going to be rooted in some Starbase 80 black ops project.  Oh well.

Mariner is where she belongs for now.  Once she gets to see the gray area of being a freelancer she may have an epiphany. 

Freeman came out of this looking real bad all around.

• Sad 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

I thought (maybe) the new ship was going to be rooted in some Starbase 80 black ops project.  Oh well.

We needed Buenamigo to address Freeman as Capt. Dunsel 😎

Say, so are Peanut Hamper and AGIMUS gonna get their hands on one of those ships? Gonna give Commodore (Admiral, Ret.?)  Wesley PTSD flashbacks....

Edited by QuantumMechanic
  • Like 1
On 10/21/2022 at 12:19 PM, QuantumMechanic said:

We needed Buenamigo to address Freeman as Capt. Dunsel 😎

Say, so are Peanut Hamper and AGIMUS gonna get their hands on one of those ships? Gonna give Commodore (Admiral, Ret.?)  Wesley PTSD flashbacks....

Ooh you just know if that happens it will be the reason they mothball that class of ship and make it Starfleet Regs  that all ships are to be manned. 

I think Mariner will get tired of the roving rogue life. For all her complaints about Starfleet she grew up in that environment and joined it. It’s in her blood.

Im wondering if Carol might be demoted for this? As for what happened, I still blame the journalist. Seems she was more for gossip and sensationalism. She should have double checked her stories before going to air.

• Like 1
On 10/22/2022 at 7:32 PM, rtms77 said:

Ooh you just know if that happens it will be the reason they mothball that class of ship and make it Starfleet Regs  that all ships are to be manned. 

I think Mariner will get tired of the roving rogue life. For all her complaints about Starfleet she grew up in that environment and joined it. It’s in her blood.

Im wondering if Carol might be demoted for this? As for what happened, I still blame the journalist. Seems she was more for gossip and sensationalism. She should have double checked her stories before going to air.

I doubt that Freeman will be demoted.  If nothing else, Dawnn Lewis is a main cast member and nobody wants to go through the silliness that ensued in the later Original Series movies where most of the cast was on the Enterprise except for Sulu who was off by himself on the Excelsior.

The journalist's stories were basically true.  She was going on the information she was freely given by all those "Chatty Cathy" crew-people.

On 10/21/2022 at 9:39 AM, marinw said:

Love the idea of "Project Swingby". I thouight this was already standard proceedure after what happened with Khan and Componay.

Yeah it seems weird this isn't standard protocol for Starfleet. They make first contact and then don't interact with the planet for over a decade? They should be cultivating relationships so they can get allies and trading partners. I feel they should at least have a Zoom meeting occasionally.