Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: October 18, 2022

• Start Topic

Cracking up over these guys’ reactions to Lace questioning where Rodney’s mind is at. Eh, that would just be speculation. [extra furrowed brows] What are you trying to ask us, Lace? They tried so hard to cover for their bro!!

• Love 3

The gender double standard really frustrates me. It’s ok for shanae to play around and go on dates and kiss other guys but Logan can’t? Also the old girls go back to the beach but what about the new guys?

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 2

The show is making Lace look totally demented.  I should criticize the show for it, but how many times has Lace come back and put herself through this, willingly?  She knows that the show makes her look crazy over and over again (which she very well may be.)  This is horrifying.

Brendan seems like a good person, doesn't he? There aren't any bad rumours about him are there?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 10

Lace must be using Ashley I’s eyelash person. Those things defy nature. And tears. So many tears.

This show will exist in perpetuity. It’s a genius plan- the only way the producers can guarantee an endless supply of people stupid enough to go on these shows is to create them by having the contestants procreate with each other and breed future contestants.

• LOL 6

There is so much producer intervention this season, it’s so annoying.  Obviously Lace was sent back to the beach so she could go psycho.  Danielle shows up at the perfect time for Michael.  Shanae gets her third date card just so she can hook up with another person and create another love triangle while also pissing off Brittany.  

The old girls are so dour.  Even the guys that have no interest in hooking up with the new girls on the beach can at least manage to have fun.  What’s going to happen to these girls when they have to go home in 2 weeks and live 500 or 1000 miles from their new “boyfriends”?  Are they just going to sit around and cry forever?  

Edited by Katie111
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 14

I can't believe they flew that Australian hunk halfway around the world only for him to get zero action. Shanae turned him down because she wanted to date someone with more name recognition, i.e. Tyler. Who I think is cute enough, but has a baby face and is therefore not sexually attractive. Alex from Rachel's season, another hunk, had to eat cake by himself while the women moped around. Even if they had very strong feelings for *their* men, it wouldn't have hurt them to have friendly conversations about non-romantic topics - e.g. "where are you from, what do you do for a living, what are your hobbies, do you have pets, what are your favorite books/movies/TV shows/musicians/foods/travel destinations."

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I can't believe they flew that Australian hunk halfway around the world only for him to get zero action. Shanae turned him down because she wanted to date someone with more name recognition, i.e. Tyler. Who I think is cute enough, but has a baby face and is therefore not sexually attractive. Alex from Rachel's season, another hunk, had to eat cake by himself while the women moped around. Even if they had very strong feelings for *their* men, it wouldn't have hurt them to have friendly conversations about non-romantic topics - e.g. "where are you from, what do you do for a living, what are your hobbies, do you have pets, what are your favorite books/movies/TV shows/musicians/foods/travel destinations."

Why are they bringing folks from australia?(alrhough hubba hubba) there are plenty of past contestant famewhores. It is sad to see how sour and dour. some of these women are. Yes it stinks but i would be so mortified to see myself on national tv the way jill and genevieve are acting . Jessenia, wow she is a pushy broad isnt she? Very pretty though. I cant lie i feel bad for lace, rodney seems like such a cutie.

Edited by nlkm9
Weror
  • Love 4

Something I noticed on BiP and other shows:  Over the years it has become not OK to objective women's bodies. So, even though women are wearing bikinis with their buts and breasts on display, the men know better than to comment. The women, on the other hand, are free to comment loudly about men taking their shirts off, and to admire their muscles.  Women are allowed to objectify men, but the reverse isn't ok. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Katie111 said:

There is so much producer intervention this season, it’s so annoying.  Obviously Lace was sent back to the beach so she could go psycho.  Danielle shows up at the perfect time for Michael.  Shanae gets her third date card just so she can hook up with another person and create another love triangle while also pissing off Brittany.  

The old girls are so dour.  Even the guys that have no interest in hooking up with the new girls on the beach can at least manage to have fun.  What’s going to happen to these girls when they have to go home in 2 weeks and live 500 or 1000 miles from their new “boyfriends”?  Are they just going to sit around and cry forever?  

Yeah, I really don't get why all of the girls are crying as if a love one died. They met these guys like 3 days ago.. on a reality tv show.. where the purpose is to date around until you find someone you really like. If the guys are really into you and want to show you they are, they won't hook up with other women. If they do hook up with other women, isn't that telling you something? Get some dignity !!

11 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Jill has the weirdest , ugliest facial expressions sometimes.  

She looks identical to the Scream mask to me. 

Is something wrong with her because it seems like something is wrong with her. She's part entertaining, part extremely scary.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7

I honestly do find original Tarzan (Jacob?) attractive, but he's always been a scatterbrained player, and I think he was really rude to the latest Bachelorette.......   I'm having trouble coming up with the names right now.  The pilot?

They are CRAZY to not go after Adam, the Australian, if I have his name right.  He's so cute.  I thought it was Tyler Cameron from far away but that guy is like a male Kim Kardashian now, he's so famous, he would never stoop to be on this show again I don't think.

Did Shenae really say she was going after Tyler (young looking Tyler) because he's a bigger name?  Seriously?  These women are nuts.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

This show is filming before the Bachelorette aired so the women would technically have no idea who Logan, Johnnie, or Tyler are or where they ended up on the season I.e no idea on who was a big name.   I don’t think Shanae went after Tyler because of that.  

• Love 3

I recall Tyler being very cute and charming.  And then, on the hometown visit it was all about the amusement park he worked at.  he came across like a high school boy showing off his cool job to a girl he was trying to impress.(and she was not impressed)

I'm kind of thinking Shanae will be similarly unimpressed. 

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Did Shenae really say she was going after Tyler (young looking Tyler) because he's a bigger name?  Seriously?  These women are nuts.

42 minutes ago, LBS said:

This show is filming before the Bachelorette aired so the women would technically have no idea who Logan, Johnnie, or Tyler are or where they ended up on the season I.e no idea on who was a big name.   I don’t think Shanae went after Tyler because of that.  

She said that Adam is hot and his accent is sexy, but she's looking for a "hot commodity," i.e. someone who's well-known in Bachelor Nation and whom several women want to meet. 

• Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 1
14 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Jill has the weirdest , ugliest facial expressions sometimes.  

She also has this odd twitch in her nose/upper lip area too, which happens when she is in her overly animated style of expressing herself, much like a 5year old.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The show is making Lace look totally demented.  I should criticize the show for it, but how many times has Lace come back and put herself through this, willingly?  She knows that the show makes her look crazy over and over again (which she very well may be.)  This is horrifying.

I don't think the show is doing anything...she's doing it all by herself.  More than once when she was sitting with the guys waiting for Rodney, she said something like, "Why are you coming at me?".  And clearly they had been treating her respectfully, almost with kid gloves.  She is just crazy.

9 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I honestly do find original Tarzan (Jacob?) attractive

I don't know how many of you watch Sister Wives, but Jacob's hair and look is exactly what Kody believes in his mind that he has.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, phlebas said:

Looks like Genevieve has calmed the eff down over the last few months.

FE9B29D1-298E-4DD9-9581-68E400BE358E.jpeg

I loved the episode in Bachelor pad when the cast had a synchronized swimming contest - guys and girls teams. That's probably where this seasons' guys got the idea to fool around with this diving routine.
I wish they would do some types of organized activities and contests on BiP.

Check out this video of the Bach Pad contest. They had a synchronized swim team come in to teach the routine and the results are surprising and funny. This was a great cast and it's the season that produced the Blake and Holly marriage. Erica Rose talking about Jake's package is also memorable as well as the camera men showing underwater footage of it!

The video shows the whole segment but you can fast forward past the talking heads if you want to speed it up. The guys' team is the best part...

• Thanks 2
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Melonie77 said:

I loved the episode in Bachelor pad when the cast had a synchronized swimming contest - guys and girls teams. That's probably where this seasons' guys got the idea to fool around with this diving routine.

Check out this video of the Bach Pad contest. They had a synchronized swim team come in to teach the routine and the results are surprising and funny. This was a great cast and it's the season that produced the Blake and Holly marriage. Erica Rose talking about Jake's package is also memorable as well as the camera men showing underwater footage of it!

The video shows the whole segment but you can fast forward past the talking heads if you want to speed it up. The guys' team is the best part...

Thank you for this, I didn’t start watching the franchise until about 2015, so I missed bachelor pad, this looks so entertaining vs. the dreck of this current cry fest.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

Every US season of Love Island I have seen, the guys do this.  Maybe even FBoy Island.  I've seen it a bunch.  honestly, the BiP guys did it wayyyy too slow, and they were so proud of it too.  Funny.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

Thank you for this, I didn’t start watching the franchise until about 2015, so I missed bachelor pad, this looks so entertaining vs. the dreck of this current cry fest.

Glad you enjoyed it😊....they only had three seasons of Bachelor Pad before they switched to the Paradise version. I've been watching since the Ashley Herbert season in 2011 and I saw the second and third seasons of Bach Pad when they aired. I've recently streamed them too. They're available to purchase on Prime Video along with some of the other Bach and Bachette seasons. Hulu has some of the previous seasons too plus the first 3 seasons of BiP. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 10/19/2022 at 1:34 AM, chocolatine said:

Tyler doesn’t look tall. Maybe like a lot of men he makes up for his lack of height with extra muscles. I know he made out with her but I don’t think he’s that into Shanae. He could’ve waited for Jill to leave. 

I couldn’t believe the women were moping around. Sheesh! They’re at a nice resort with air and there are some hunky men who want to have fun. The men at the beach are having a great time. Even the ones who don’t want hook-ups with the new women are still participating in the fun. 

Jill is a basket case. She is the least attractive person on this show to me. I don’t know how she made the cut. Agree would her weird expressions. 

Rodney and Eliza are so cute together. She is a doll. 

I still don’t understand why Shanae hose Logan over James. James is really nice-looking and a sweetheart. Logan is a tool. She seems to bounce from guy to guy with no real discernment. 

Alex is hot! Are these women blind?

I’m surprised Lace’s eyelashes held up to all that crying. 

Loved how the guys went into major deflection mode when Lace questioned them! 

• Love 10
On 10/19/2022 at 11:01 AM, Jax7917 said:

She looks identical to the Scream mask to me. 

Is something wrong with her because it seems like something is wrong with her. She's part entertaining, part extremely scary.

In the off-season, I heard Jill on a podcast and she was really funny and cool and smart.  I was looking forward to seeing more of her in BiP.

But she's clearly spiraling. I think there's a perfectly good Jill in there, but she is not suited for this environment.

On 10/18/2022 at 10:15 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm not without sympathy for Lace.  This whole twist was designed, as usual, to cause as much misery as possible with the women.

But if Eliza threw that million-watt smile at ME, I would forget Lace's name no matter how much we'd been making out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

Ah, the good old days when people weren’t panicked about locking down a fiancé within 3 days of meeting, and “clout” usually came in a boardroom not a chatroom. No, these people were there for cold, hard cash—full stop. Maybe some sex. But definitely not an engagement. Instead of introducing people by who they wanted to meet as a love connection, they introduced them in the order of people they were hoping were NOT in the Pad. This season in particular was incredible because Jake and Vienna were there, fresh off their Very Special Breakup live primetime event. It was in this special that we learned that Jake was emotionally abusive because he yelled at Vienna for putting the dresser 2 inches over the door jamb—and then he proceeded to berate her that only a crazy person would block the doorway with furniture!! Vienna was the “villain” of her season, so it was more of a schadenfreude moment toward both of them being terrible. So, needless to say, Vienna hoped Jake wasn’t there, and then Jake came in and hoped that Vienna’s new boyfriend Kasey wasn’t there, and of course in waltzes Kasey next. Now Kasey is another one who got himself in the Bachelor Nation record books by infamously tattooing himself during Ali’s season to prove to her that he will always Guard and Protect Your Heart. Of course, Ali took this as a huge red flag, rather than a token of his love and devotion and left him alone to die on an iceberg after a 2:1 date. Kasey, seeing a true damsel in distress then vowed to Guard and Protect Vienna’s Heart. Anyway, stories could be told about all of the contestants we saw there, but those are my favorites, back when being a Wrong Reasons watcher brought you pure glee as opposed to annoyance and possibly depression. It was a simpler time.

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, phlebas said:

In the off-season, I heard Jill on a podcast and she was really funny and cool and smart.  I was looking forward to seeing more of her in BiP.

But she's clearly spiraling. I think there's a perfectly good Jill in there, but she is not suited for this environment.

I'm not without sympathy for Lace.  This whole twist was designed, as usual, to cause as much misery as possible with the women.

But if Eliza threw that million-watt smile at ME, I would forget Lace's name no matter how much we'd been making out.

I agree on all counts.  I'm especially sympathetic to Lace.  She has behaved relatively well this round and she has clearly been through a ringer of her own devising.  I'm uncomfortable with how relentlessly she is being demonized and mocked, particularly by Wells,  especially since she is older and practically a monster by the ridiculously ageist standards of this show.  I was happy when Rodney chose her, and I'm equally happy for him now.

Edited by Alexander Pope
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

I agree on all counts.  I'm especially sympathetic to Lace.  She has behaved relatively well this round and she has clearly been through a ringer of her own devising.  I'm uncomfortable with how relentlessly she is being demonized and mocked, particularly by Wells,  especially since she is older and practically a monster by the ridiculously ageist standards of this show.  I was happy when Rodney chose her, and I'm equally happy for him now.

Wells seems to have forgotten that, really, his biggest claim to fame is that he married someone.

• Applause 2
  • Love 5

Lace gets to go back to paradise because this will be an epic moment for the whole show, there are very few people on planet earth this crazy. Not trying to put her down, I mean if she wants to act this way on television she is free to make that choice, at 32 years of age. Rodney and her had been flirty for a couple of days, now he is with a stunning, extremely (imo) out of his league woman who is nice and normal. I feel like this is what I always hope happens on BIP but never does (until now). 

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 4

Fairly new viewer, and I only watch the show here and there.  It is so weird!  How do these women get so bent out of shape and hung up on a guy after 3 days???   Are they afraid of getting voted off the island, or do they really think they have found “the one”after 3 days?

Edited by Thumper
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Ah, the good old days when people weren’t panicked about locking down a fiancé within 3 days of meeting, and “clout” usually came in a boardroom not a chatroom. 

This Bach Pad season (2) was truly a stand-out! I agree about the cast being uniquely interesting between the Jake/Vienna/Casey drama and the Michael/Blake/Holly love triangle.
Michelle Money made great TV and was an excellent player in the game. Erica Rose was always a kooky addition to any bach show and her plastic surgeon father became Bach Nation's go-to-guy for facial re-modeling! Ames, an interesting character from Ashley Herbert's season gave up the game for love when he surprisingly left the show to join the girl he was interested in when she was voted off. Popular Bach Nation member Graham Bunn also participated in this season and very sadly Gia Allemand made an appearance during the first couple of episodes.

Although BP was more about the game rather than the hook-ups, the best part of this season is that it brought together Holly and Blake who I think have one of the strongest relationships among all Bach Nation couples. They fell in love during the show and have been happily married now for 10 years.💗

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

I think Kate is pretty. She reminds me of Sarah Michelle Gellar looks wise.. but her voice throws me off. It doesn't match her look.

The girl from Australia (second from left) is very pretty but she doesn't seem to be getting much attention. I'm not sure it makes sense to bring in people who live so far away. The Aussie guy is gorgeous too but there's the same problem with distance.

I also think Eliza is also very pretty (first girl on the right) and although I feel bad for Lace I don't blame Rodney for being attracted to her.

IMO Kate is just average in appearance. We've had a lot of much prettier long-blond-haired girls on the show over the years. I agree about her voice - she seems kind of dull. I don't care for Jessenia - she doesn't come off very well on this show. I remember there was some problem with her in past but don't recall the details. 

image.thumb.png.94376026922ca3b1641f8cf20104e770.png

• Love 2

I can't believe these girls are lying around and sobbing hysterically over guys they barely know with absolutely hideous crying faces that rival Kim Kardashian's infamous crying face. Have some mystery and self-respect, girls!  I'd be overjoyed to be on BIP with Australian Adam😍😅- tall with a swimmer's build, gorgeous bone structure with thick eyebrows and light green eyes, great smile- an absolute HUNK of a MAN and he's a geologist so he is smart and hot! Watch him talking about rocks- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaVuJnr75cU  Oh Adam- you sexy, handsome, smart man! 😅😍.  And one more thing- Genevieve needs to dissolve her Groupon lip fillers! 

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I'd be overjoyed to be on BIP with Australian Adam😍😅- tall with a swimmer's build, gorgeous bone structure with thick eyebrows and light eyes, great smile- an absolute HUNK of a MAN and he's a geologist so he is smart and hot!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaVuJnr75cU  And watch him talking about rocks- oh Adam, you sexy, smart man! 😅😍.

Wow! He's way too good for clout chaser Shanae and mopey idiots Jill and Genevieve.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Wow! He's way too good for clout chaser Shanae and mopey idiots Jill and Genevieve.

Yes, Chocolatine 🙌😄!! He's leaps and bounds beyond these basic influencer girls.  If they weren't so hopelessly devoted to these brainless fuckboys, they'd see what I see in hunky/smart Australian Adam! ☺️😅

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Yes, Chocolatine 🙌😄!! He's leaps and bounds beyond these basic influencer girls.  If they weren't so hopelessly devoted to these brainless fuckboys, they'd see what I see in hunky/smart Australian Adam! ☺️😅

I wonder if they would ever consider making him the American bachelor for next year? They had an English bach at one point.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

I wonder if they would ever consider making him the American bachelor for next year? They had an English bach at one point.

And a Canuck…none other than Jesse Palmer.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

If they cast hunky Australian Adam as The Bachelor, I'd definitely consider trying out for it- and I'd be the resident cougar at 34! 😅💯

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3

@Hip-to-be-Square @chocolatine @DEL901 @Ms Blue Jay
     and anyone else who thinks Adam Todd is HOT🔥🔥🔥🔥

🤣Check him out!!! How can we get this guy as our next Bachelor? We need to campaign! It actually might not be too hard to accomplish as the guy has decided to head to Hollywood. He's interested in acting now that he had a taste of it in that Thor movie. 
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11293835/The-Bachelorettes-Adam-Todd-eyes-career-Hollywood-role-Thor-Love-Thunder.html

Click on photo for a better resolution...

1at2.thumb.jpg.323dc3bfacc665f85dd4e42eca4b39d2.jpg

So I think the men are handing out the roses at the next ceremony. I wonder whether the new guys including super-hunk Adam will go back to the beach and join the whole group?

Edited by Melonie77
  • Fire 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

@Hip-to-be-Square @chocolatine @DEL901 @Ms Blue Jay
     and anyone else who thinks Adam Todd is HOT🔥🔥🔥🔥

🤣Check him out!!! How can we get this guy as our next Bachelor? We need to campaign! It actually might not be too hard to accomplish as the guy has decided to head to Hollywood. He's interested in acting now that he had a taste of it in that Thor movie. 
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11293835/The-Bachelorettes-Adam-Todd-eyes-career-Hollywood-role-Thor-Love-Thunder.html

Click on photo for a better resolution...

1at2.thumb.jpg.323dc3bfacc665f85dd4e42eca4b39d2.jpg

So I think the men are handing out the roses at the next ceremony. I wonder whether the new guys including super-hunk Adam will go back to the beach and join the whole group?

Thank you for the hot photos, Melonie77 🤗!!  What an ultra hunky dream boat handsome MAN!!! He absolutely needs to be the next Bachelor- he's smart, handsome and fun- and look at that leopard print speedo (be still my heart!!) I'll dig up my best bodycon dresses and put together an audition reel if he's selected 😅.  I hope he shows up to the island for the rose ceremony- the boys would feel so insecure in comparison- especially Jacob, the bargain bin Tarzan!  If he moves to Hollywood and I live in SF- we could make this work with weekly plane flights! haha jk a girl can dream! 😉😄  

• Applause 3
  • Love 2