Type keyword(s) to search

S38.E02: Friend or Faux

shantown
  • Start Topic

Communication is key at the challenge, where one slip up could put pairs at risk; Turbo continues to be a menace but meets his match when an old friend becomes a new adversary; players receive a game changing shock that they never saw coming.

Airs Wednesday, October 19 at 8:00pm eastern on MTV

So this season going to have a running gag of Nelson losing challenges? Are they going to ask him on each episode how many challenges has he won? We understand. Nelson is an idiot. We get it.

Nam gets screwed on every Challenge he's on. Season 36, back injury. Season 37, COVID. Season 38, his partner quit on him.

• Sad 1
  • Love 3

Not a fan of the dagger draw. It's less drama than a house vote. I like drama. However, the one thing I do like about the season so far is that I haven't heard anything from Fessy yet. I hope I'm not jinxing it.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

So I didn't really understand the Nany Turbo drama. What was he supposed to say? No, please don't put me in? I do not like Turbo at all, but there was nowhere for him to go with that. That was in front of everyone and he's ridiculous.  

I'm really glad that so far these challenges haven't only rewarded brute strength. In a lot of previous challenges they were so physical that so many never had a chance. If this had been like so many previous challenges Horacio wouldn't have had a chance against Turbo. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, joanne3482 said:

So I didn't really understand the Nany Turbo drama. What was he supposed to say? No, please don't put me in?

I didn't quite understand Nany's point in asking the question in the first pace, and why exactly did she need an answer? If they're allies, don't ask the question and don't throw him in.

Turbo seems like he would be a terrible person to align with. I feel like he'd be the one person in the alliance to always not stick with the plan.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5

I don’t like Turbo, but it continues to be such bullshit when the gallery helps out during eliminations. 

How is Horacio on reality TV being as shy as he is? Dude was tongue tied while talking to Laurel, who was clearly into him. It’s a bit endearing.

Yay for Jordan being in the game. Boo for boring Kaycee being back. 

Still not feeling these rookies. Haven’t spotted much of a personality from any of them. This cast appears to be a major dud. 

• Love 7

The design of the Daily was great, though it seemed inevitable that the women would have trouble making that rope jump, not to mention scaling that rope ladder quickly.

But really, we have no way of knowing who actually won it, with the editing tricks and probably them wanting to play up a certain narrative.  For all we know, some teams were given more than one shot at completing it.  Not saying that happened but if they edited that way, we would never know.

As for Turbo, Nany wanted him to grovel.  And people hated him because he was surly around the house?  Whatever.

Then the elimination, seems like they go back and forth on whether they allow onlookers to help or not.

The reasons Bananas cited were BS.  What only he is suppose to have alliances?  Or if there's a rival alliance, they better be secretive about it?

He may have won 7 times but he's been on 21 seasons.  What a loser.

He probably told B-M that he'd only do this season if CT wasn't going to be on.

I feel for Nany's loss but I hope this is the first and last episode where she talks about the passing of her mother.  It probably won't be so who knows, maybe it's a redemption arc of her finally winning one.

Edited by aghst
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5

Happy to see Jordan back.  He has grown on me as a competitor and I am now a fan.   Super happy these vet pairs are being introduced because I have no clue who these Love Island/BB folks are and they seem very boring.  I watch to see the vets.   

Why the hate on Jay?   

• Love 3
11 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Not a fan of the dagger draw. It's less drama than a house vote. I like drama. However, the one thing I do like about the season so far is that I haven't heard anything from Fessy yet. I hope I'm not jinxing it.

I fail to see how a house vote is more drams when most of the time, people vote in a way to not make waves. We get drama both ways with the initial nomination and then the unpredictability of the dagger.

10 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I didn't quite understand Nany's point in asking the question in the first pace, and why exactly did she need an answer? If they're allies, don't ask the question and don't throw him in.

Turbo seems like he would be a terrible person to align with. I feel like he'd be the one person in the alliance to always not stick with the plan.

She's asking him, as a friend, if he wants to be thrown in. Giving him what he wants. It wasn't malicious. She was just asking if it was true but she never heard it from him. What she was looking for was a yes or a no. It wasn't that deep.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

She's asking him, as a friend, if he wants to be thrown in. Giving him what he wants. It wasn't malicious. She was just asking if it was true but she never heard it from him. What she was looking for was a yes or a no. It wasn't that deep.

I didn't believe it was malicious. Seeing how it got contentious, I felt like that implied the answer of 'no' but it was deep enough to keep pushing the issue after Turbo wouldn't give a clear answer.

1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

I fail to see how a house vote is more drams when most of the time, people vote in a way to not make waves. We get drama both ways with the initial nomination and then the unpredictability of the dagger.

The potential for drama is limited to people that are nominated by the power couple/magic team/whatever they call themselves.

With a house vote, that's an opportunity for more people to say more names. It increases the likelihood of drama.

• Sad 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Racj82 said:

In all the challenge seasons I've seen (which is almost all of them) they may bluster and blow about how they WANT to go in and "prove themselves," the reality is that rarely do they actually want to go in. Only during the seasons with the skulls did they actually want to go in and then they wanted to dictate who they would go against. I know that she came in after the previous elimination occurred so she may or may not have seen how the elimination worked, but it feels disingenuous to say she was just asking him a question. To me, that was a loaded question and she knew it and she knew asking him in front of other people was going to make it worse. Her political game is too good to not know that. 

Turbo reminds me of every bad caricature of a Russian mafia man you see in movies. I can't believe he really is this person in his personal home life. Or at least I don't want to believe he really is this guy in his home life. (Although in reality he possibly is)

• Love 3

I feel for Nam. Poor guy can't catch a break. I only know about Horacio and Olivia now because of how well they did in the challenge, so that's another rookie team I have learned. I remember Johnny and Rayvn. I thought it would be a couple of episodes before we saw Kaycee again. What's with some of the teams coming in late? I guess I missed something. 

Call me crazy but I kind of understood where Turbo might have been coming from with regards to Nany. Ok, you say we have each other's backs, why come and ask me if I want to go into elimination? So early in the game and we have only begun to play? No I think I will chill out. You know how his ego is, he's not going to say no I don't want to go in, that makes him look weak. So just don't ask him and keep him safe. She basically forced him to have to go in. Maybe that's what she wanted, who knows. Maybe everyone came up to her and said that we want Turbo gone, he's annoying plus he will be hard to beat in the final, so lets start working on getting him out now. Personally I miss the twist where you had to go into elimination and win in order to make the final. 

I really didn't have a team I was rooting for, but when everyone started helping Horacio and Olivia I was rooting for Turbo and Tamara. I hate when the competitors get outside help. I bet it's pretty demoralizing to hear the whole house helping the other team too. Jordan and Tori, the drama coming!

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

I really didn't have a team I was rooting for, but when everyone started helping Horacio and Olivia I was rooting for Turbo and Tamara.

I don't know why but this made me laugh.

People in the house don't like Turbo as he has rubbed some people the wrong way. I wanted the house to be disappointed to have Turbo back.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

I don't know why but this made me laugh.

People in the house don't like Turbo as he has rubbed some people the wrong way. I wanted the house to be disappointed to have Turbo back.

Pretty much the same thing I was thinking LOL. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I thought I missed a season that Turbo was in, but per Wikipedia, I haven't. I see Turbo is from Survivor Turkey letting me know I was wrong that he's not Russian but Turkish, but I thought he indicated he had won and I think I just assumed he won a season of The Challenge I missed. I finally figured it out. It was from longer ago than I thought, War of the Worlds 1 and 2 in the before times. 

Didn't Nam and Emy just meet each other during Spies, Lies and Allies (where Nam was out early)? How could they be "Ride or Dies" so quickly? 

Edited by joanne3482
11 minutes ago, joanne3482 said:

Didn't Nam and Emy just meet each other during Spies, Lies and Allies (where Nam was out early)? How could they be "Ride or Dies" so quickly?

That's a different Emy.

• Useful 2

Who called Turbo feeling butt-hurt because Tamara beat him in the swimming and up the ladder? Who called it?

On the podcast, they said Turbo got upset with Tamara and told her that she embarrassed him.

• Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
5 hours ago, joanne3482 said:

In all the challenge seasons I've seen (which is almost all of them) they may bluster and blow about how they WANT to go in and "prove themselves," the reality is that rarely do they actually want to go in...To me, that was a loaded question and she knew it and she knew asking him in front of other people was going to make it worse. Her political game is too good to not know that. 

I think you're on to something. She created a situation that made sending him in completely justifiable to the whole house. I could tell the second she approached him from her body language and tone that the conversation wasn't going to go well. Turbo seems to really struggle with English and interprets people's comments mostly based on nonverbal cues--or he just assumes they're being aggressive. However, the fact that everyone so universally was against him makes me think he was really unpleasant to live with and that everyone else just want wanted him gone. They all lucked out, and he un-lucked out, that it wasn't a physical elimination and was one where having people on your side mattered a lot. Then again, if he hadn't fought with every single person who tried to speak with him up until that point, he might have found himself in a very different situation. I don't remember him being quite this abrasive in previous seasons, Jordan argument aside. 

I feel absolutely awful about Nany's mom, but I didn't really get how it justified her sending a real-life friend into elimination. 

I love how they're trying to sell us on Nany and Johnny's long, meaningful friendship, which is a really nice way of saying they spent years hooking up behind his girlfriend's back. Nany has grown a lot since then. Johnny is who he is. 

Edited by Jillibean
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

I feel for Nam. Poor guy can't catch a break. I only know about Horacio and Olivia now because of how well they did in the challenge, so that's another rookie team I have learned. I remember Johnny and Rayvn. I thought it would be a couple of episodes before we saw Kaycee again. What's with some of the teams coming in late? I guess I missed something. 

Call me crazy but I kind of understood where Turbo might have been coming from with regards to Nany. Ok, you say we have each other's backs, why come and ask me if I want to go into elimination? So early in the game and we have only begun to play? No I think I will chill out. You know how his ego is, he's not going to say no I don't want to go in, that makes him look weak. So just don't ask him and keep him safe. She basically forced him to have to go in. Maybe that's what she wanted, who knows. Maybe everyone came up to her and said that we want Turbo gone, he's annoying plus he will be hard to beat in the final, so lets start working on getting him out now. Personally I miss the twist where you had to go into elimination and win in order to make the final. 

I really didn't have a team I was rooting for, but when everyone started helping Horacio and Olivia I was rooting for Turbo and Tamara. I hate when the competitors get outside help. I bet it's pretty demoralizing to hear the whole house helping the other team too. Jordan and Tori, the drama coming!

Let me put it this way. Remove your average challenge competitor from the equation. This is Turbo. Is it really out of the realm of possibility that Turbo of all people would want to go directly into the zone and destroy people? In my opinion, nope, not even a little bit. Thus, I understand Nany wanting to clear up the rumor.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I just want to thank Turbo for letting me down in spectacular fashion. I called this guy "the anti-Bear" and "Turkish Chuck Norris," and I thought he would balance out the jackasses that frequent this series. I was wrong. Oh-so-very wrong.

Everyone who is on this show or who has ever been on this show can go wrong. Right now, there's probably some cute girl that Bear is following in his windowless van . . . . and in six years, Leroy might dump Kam for her. I don't think he would, I think he and Kam are awesome together . . . but I can't put anyone in high regard without the potential for a huge letdown. Shit, isn't that what most of CT's fans feel? That he might snap back to being a jagoff,, doing something so much worse than abandoning Big T as a partner with enthusiastic glee?

In other news, I'm hoping Jakk gets taken out soon. The guy just bugs me . . . and say what you will about Fessy's Faysal's flop, but at least he reached the platform. Laurel interviewing about Turbo being an asshole . . . I imagined Nicole at home, screaming into a pillow.

As for The Zone . . . after Challenge USA, I thought BMP had banned audience participation. Silly me. One guy talking about how forming bonds with others would help during an elimination . . . . honestly, I had not considered that. It's still bullshit, though. Biggest plus is that Olivia stays in the game and wears flimsy tops in interviews.

Turkish Abram is out, Jordan has arrived . . . now we get to see shit go wrong in different ways!

• Love 2

That’s the other thing, are Jakk and Laurel suppose to be a couple?

She seemed very thirsty for Horacio, impressed because he scaled up the train and ramp fast.  Jakk didn’t even make the jump.

At the club she was macking on the young guy at that fake club.  Not quite a cougar situation but maybe around 10 years age difference?

10 minutes ago, aghst said:

That’s the other thing, are Jakk and Laurel suppose to be a couple?

I think they’re friends.

IIRC, Jakk is gay.

15 minutes ago, aghst said:

She seemed very thirsty for Horacio, impressed because he scaled up the train and ramp fast.

Laurel is always on the prowl for a Challenge boo. Jordan, Nicole, Bear and now Horacio.

• Like 1

To me, it came off like Nany knew they were gonna put Turbo in because Johnny would want that and obviously she was just gonna do whatever Johnny told her so she was trying to get Turbo to say sure he wants to go in so she wouldn't look bad for putting someone in that she had a previous partnership with. She didn't come off well in that convo at all. 

I literally hate almost every single vet. I do not need to see these people 20 fucking times for fuck's sake! I truly do not know why I am still watching this lol.

Oh, so what happened with Kaycee/Kenny? Did one/both have a false positive Covid test? Did one/both have Covid and come back after a quarantine period? So bizarre.

I hate the lack of transparency they have in every aspect. It's really starting to feel like the show is 100% manufactured/scripted.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

This has been a really weird start to a season with pairs disappearing, or disappearing and coming back, or vet pairs jumping in late. Like... get organized and THEN start, MTV! They're relying way too much on framing everything as a "twist" when I feel like it's just bad planning on the back end. It doesn't entice me as a viewer, just leaves me confused.

Does Jordan have a partner? Or will that be another twist? 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, shantown said:

This has been a really weird start to a season with pairs disappearing, or disappearing and coming back, or vet pairs jumping in late. Like... get organized and THEN start, MTV! They're relying way too much on framing everything as a "twist" when I feel like it's just bad planning on the back end. It doesn't entice me as a viewer, just leaves me confused.

Does Jordan have a partner? Or will that be another twist? 

He will. It's Aneesa. They spoiled that in the trailers and in the intro episode that they did.

• Love 1

The way I understood it, Nany was not present when Turbo may or may not have said he wanted to go into elimination.  So before she and Johnny had to make the decision, she simply wanted to ask if that was true.  And Turbo flipped the fuck out for no good reason.

Not in any way sorry to see him go.  And it’s not cool that he talks to people like that, Tamara.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

He will. It's Aneesa. They spoiled that in the trailers and in the intro episode that they did.

Despite having just caught up earlier in the week on that intro special they did I had already 100% forgotten it, thank you!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh, so what happened with Kaycee/Kenny? Did one/both have a false positive Covid test? Did one/both have Covid and come back after a quarantine period? So bizarre.

I was curious so I googled right after they left and according to an interview they did, yes both had COVID and she felt badly about it because while she had done this before he hadn't and she was worried he wouldn't get another chance. Now this interview came out before the episode they return in so I assume that's why she doesn't address the fact that they actually get to return. 

• Useful 2
3 hours ago, joanne3482 said:

I was curious so I googled right after they left and according to an interview they did, yes both had COVID ...

So, did they only quarantine for a couple days or was there a significant break between the first elimination and the second daily that allowed them to quarantine and then come back?

I listened to The Official Challenge podcast this week, and they had Bananas on.

He is STILL claiming that him taking all the money in Rivals III (when they were partners) is the same thing as Sarah not handing him a spot in the finals in Exes II (when they weren't partners). I know Sarah bugs a lot of the time, but let’s be realistic, those aren’t equivalent things. 

We heard literally nothing from about 1/3 of the cast this episode, including Amber and Fessy. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5

Yep, she had a thing for CT during Rivals I, but IIRC, I think CT didn’t pursue anything because he had too much respect for her?

I do appreciate Laurel’s and Nany’s long-standing friendship that I think goes back to Free Agents.

Nany and Bananas, on the other hand? I wish she’d run from that off the show.

• Love 2

BTW, what ever happened to Cara Maria and that guy she was with when she was last on the Challenge?

They seemed to have a plan to dominate Challenges together but they stopped appearing.

Are they still together?  Did they opt out of appearing on Challenges, not even All-Stars, or did B-M shut them out?

2 hours ago, aghst said:

BTW, what ever happened to Cara Maria and that guy she was with when she was last on the Challenge?

They seemed to have a plan to dominate Challenges together but they stopped appearing.

Are they still together?  Did they opt out of appearing on Challenges, not even All-Stars, or did B-M shut them out?

I remember seeing an interview with Cara sometime last year and I recall her saying she felt like she needed to take a break from The Challenge. IIRC, she said he was appearing back-to-back for years, which is obvious to us. She ate, slept, and breathed The Challenge and she wanted to take a step back. She did make clear in that interview she was not "retired."

I don't know if her and Paulie are still together, but I assume they are.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Useful 1

Never been a fan but Laurel seems extra cringeworthy & awkward now. Her "go Nany" confessional as a example. 

Jordan & Aneesa as ride or dies? OK. Just about as genuine as Bananas & Nany...

• Love 2
On 10/20/2022 at 6:42 PM, Jillibean said:

Johnny is who he is.

Thank goodness for that.   He's no saint, but I think he's entertaining as hell.

5 hours ago, snarts said:

Never been a fan but Laurel seems extra cringeworthy & awkward now. Her "go Nany" confessional as a example.

That was just bizarre.   I actually hit reverse to watch it twice, just to be sure it was as weird as it seemed the first time.

On 10/21/2022 at 1:00 AM, aghst said:

At the club she was macking on the young guy at that fake club.  Not quite a cougar situation but maybe around 10 years age difference?

Eleven actually (26 and 37).   To be honest, I was surprised that Turbo's uber-alpha male routine didn't pique Laurel's interest.   She's always been drawn to top dogs.

22 hours ago, snarts said:

Jordan & Aneesa as ride or dies? OK. Just about as genuine as Bananas & Nany...

I think that, originally, Aneesa’s ride or die was someone who hadn’t ever been on reality TV, but that person caught COVID. And originally, Jordan’s ride or die was Nia but she had a health scare so she dropped out of the season. So they just combined a single Aneesa and a single Jordan.

• Useful 1
51 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

I think that, originally, Aneesa’s ride or die was someone who hadn’t ever been on reality TV, but that person caught COVID. And originally, Jordan’s ride or die was Nia but she had a health scare so she dropped out of the season. So they just combined a single Aneesa and a single Jordan.

Eek imagine if Nia had appeared, that would have been hella awkward with the two of them and Tori in the house 

Despite his trouble communicating (in English which gets worse when he's riled up) it's apparent to me as a viewer that what Turbo means when he says he wants to go into elimination is that he wants to prove himself against people like Bananas or Jordan, not be thrown in with a pack of mostly newbies in a very early round.  I feel like Nany probably knows that.  I do dislike when people talk over others and don't let them finish, but Nany pointing a finger during the second half of their "conversation" was also quite annoying, but not as much so as the former.  I have levels of annoyances, LOL!  

I've realized that the only vets I like are Nelson (for comedy reasons) (and his hairdo is fascinating), Devin, Tori to an extent, Amber, mostly, and Jay to an extent.  And poor ol' Nam before he left. Of the vets still rumored to come in,

Spoiler

I like Darrell and by this time am relatively neutral re Veronica

I'd be somewhat neutral re Nany if not for her loathsome partner (I can't find him entertaining even a little bit ever since he basically called someone's--maybe Aneesa's--bloodline partner a whale in the water.  That type of misogyny and sizeism I can't deal with.  Yeah, I know misogyny is built into the show.  Oh well!)  But I'm glad others still enjoy watching him!

Other than telling you how I really feel about Bananas, heh, I also really don't like Laurel, Fessy, Kaycee.  Mixed on Aneesa and Jordan (more negative on Jordan).  

So I'm all about the rookies this time around for the most part...Horacio and Olivia impress.  I wish Ravyn wasn't so cringily into Johnny because otherwise I really like her so far.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Jobiska said:

I've realized that the only vets I like are Nelson (for comedy reasons) (and his hairdo is fascinating), Devin, Tori to an extent, Amber, mostly, and Jay to an extent.  And poor ol' Nam before he left. Of the vets still rumored to come in,

Hide contents

I like Darrell and by this time am relatively neutral re Veronica

I'd be somewhat neutral re Nany if not for her loathsome partner (I can't find him entertaining even a little bit ever since he basically called someone's--maybe Aneesa's--bloodline partner a whale in the water.  That type of misogyny and sizeism I can't deal with.  Yeah, I know misogyny is built into the show.  Oh well!)  But I'm glad others still enjoy watching him!

Other than telling you how I really feel about Bananas, heh, I also really don't like Laurel, Fessy, Kaycee.  Mixed on Aneesa and Jordan (more negative on Jordan).  

So I'm all about the rookies this time around for the most part...Horacio and Olivia impress.  I wish Ravyn wasn't so cringily into Johnny because otherwise I really like her so far.  

Let me sit at your table!

• Hugs 1

The topic of Turbo came up on Bananas' latest podcast.  Nany was the guest.  I'm guessing not everyone follows Bananas' podcast, but I thought this might be of general interest.  Bolding is mine.  Also, I cleaned up the transcript a bit to make it more readable.

BANANAS: We go up onto the stage.  I guess I made a somewhat of an ill-advised joke about Turbo.

I was like, hey man, you're still here.  You haven't killed anyone yet.  I didn't realize that literally 10 minutes before that Devin had pretty much made the same joke with a dagger and Turbo threatened to kill him.

And what they didn't show was the blow up that Turbo and I had on the bus.  I mean I've been here for five minutes and this guy comes on the bus and it's just like, basically threatening to kill me and I'm like, yeah.  

NANY:  I completely forgot about that.   So it's a joke.  Yeah, you know.  So in regards to Turbo, so like I said, I didn't really get to watch the full episode 1.  Based on Clips on Instagram and all of that, and I saw different clips of him on the boat that that everybody went on the yacht.  And his attitude, the way he carried himself and everything, like I was just really just like turned off.

I was like, who is this guy?  So yeah when we when we got into the game I was like okay, like Turbo ... You know I was his partner on the World's one.  I helped him win 750,000 dollars, whether he wants to admit it or not.  And then the way he acted on War of the Worlds Two he got kicked off.

So when we came into this season and just like right off the bat, he was attacking you on the bus and he was, he was like, treating people the way that he was on that on the yacht episode 1 ... I was hearing all about it.  Once we got actually got into the house, I'm just like ... I don't really know how to describe it.  It's like disappointing.   Because, yeah, I just remember Turbo on War of the Worlds One.

BANANAS: Coolest guy.   I didn't know him for for very long, but I remember the first challenge that we did.  He was so like soft-spoken, but like, yes, nice and sweet.

NANY:  Yes.  Sweet.  Funny .  Goofy.   Remember those like, weird little things that he used to do --

BANANAS:  Oh, no, he's still does weird shit like like, like punching the ball that was attached to his head. 

NANY : Well he was ... he was very likable.  Very genuine, very sweet.   Always laughing always making people laugh.  That was the Turbo that I met in War of the Worlds One, and that is the Turbo that I protected.  And that I genuinely liked as a friend.  And then, you know, War of the Worlds Two I also had his back even though he really treated me like shit.

I mean, looking back on it now, I think about it.  I'm like, I probably did too much.  Like he wasn't ... I was a better friend to him than he was me.  And then when he got kicked off I was like, okay, you know,.  And then him coming back this season thinking, okay, maybe, maybe like he learned his lesson, maybe he's a wholly different, he'll be the Turbo that I met on War of the Worlds One, and you'll be kind and himself.

And it's like I wonder if like I'm confused as to who he really is.  If he is the Turbo from War of the Worlds One or his head just got completely blown up from winning and people being intimidated by him that it's completely changed who he is.  And if I'm being quite honest, I don't like who he is these days.  I don't.  And it's disappointing.

BANANAS: Nobody does.  We'll get to the elimination, but it was clear.   Dude, it could not be more.  It was clear as day.  Yeah, the entire house rooting for one team and nobody helping the other team.

I mean, dude, that makes a statement.  So right after the blow-up he does his interview.  This is the first time I'd heard this.  So basically, in the Interview, Devin is a Level 2 Pussy-chicken, and I am the Number One Idiot-Champion.

So I'm just wondering on a scale, is a Level 2 Pussy-Chicken better or worse than a Number One Idiot-Champion.  What would you say?

NANY:  Can I say something now, in regards to all of that?  The reason why he continues to use those phrases pussy chicken or whatever the fuck it is is because on War of the Worlds One, when he was likeable, he called Hunter a pussy chicken and everyone thought it was hilarious.

And because it was.  It was funny because his English was broken and he was really trying to be offensive and it was cute.  It was funny, you know.  And now he comes in and he says all these things and he thinks that it's going to make people laugh or like him.  But really, it's like no, like that's so old and like you're not the same Turbo.

BANANAS:  Listen, the Challenge House, it's like okay, there are there's obviously times to be serious.  There's usually times to not joke around.  There's obviously times when tempers are going to flare, emotions are going to get high.  But the challenge house is also a place where we go to have fun.

NANY:  Exactly.

BANANAS: And to joke around and to like, you know, kind of like make fun of each other and have fun at each other's expense.

With a guy like him, when you literally cannot fucking make a completely benign joke without him basically, threatening to kill you.  It's like, dude.  So that's the thing, and it's like, I get it.  Listen, there are times when it's like, especially as a guy, you got to puff your chest out and you can't take shit from other people.

But there's also a time to like, have fun and if you're always, always, always on that "I need to puff my chest out and try and terrify everyone," and  you know, it worked before.  But this season it didn't work with anyone, dude.   I wish they would have shown the dust-up, him and Devin had where Devin absolutely just bodied this guy.  It was amazing.  

NANY:  Yeah. Yeah.  Honestly I just I feel like I don't know if it's just ... Well, I do know, I know that he uses like this whole intimidation factor to like to scare people.

But the thing is is that yes Turbo may be a champion, a challenge Champion, he won seven hundred fifty thousand dollars his first season.  That's awesome.  You know, hats off to him.  However, he didn't have to do much except go into every challenge and help me win and then, of course, you know, win the final which I respect him for and I give them all the credit for that.  But the thing is that being in the challenge it takes more than just your physical abilities in order to get through it and get to the end.  It takes a lot more.  It takes a social game.

A political game is everything and --

BANANAS: You've got to be a little bit likable. You gotta have one person like you in the house.

NANY: Yes.  And so on were the world one, I did all the politicking and he was very gracious about it.  He, you know, he would always just "Nany, whatever you want to do, whatever you want to do."  And you want to know what?  That got him to the end.

It didn't get me to the end because I ended up in an elimination where he helped the other girl send me home, basically.  That's another story, but he like, you know, he had it easy that season.   So I think that in his mind, the, the title challenge champ is that he's, you know, like really capable of winning a final but he doesn't realize that it takes a lot more than that.

It takes your social skills, your political skills.  It takes everything to get to the end in order to get to that final and to win. 

BANANAS:  All of this that we just discussed is what factors into this, and game stuff too, into why he was the one that we nominated to go in ...

Nany gave some more details on her confrontation with Turbo:

NANY:  So when you and I won and we had to nominate four teams.  I think that the three of the teams were going to be easier.  It was the fourth team and you know, I was thinking, well look, my mindset was, if this guy (Turbo) has been going around saying he wants to go into elimination, all right, I'll throw you a bone.  Like, make it easier for me and Johnny.  We'll  give you what you want, you know, like that.

That was my mindset, my logic behind that. So yeah.I walked up to him and --

BANANAS:  He said it on the boat on the first Challenge, he said I'm gonna go into -- I'm going to eliminate every single one of you, I'm going to go into elimination against every single one of you.  So what changed?

NANY:  Yeah.And so he said that and even like off camera like he said it to a lot of people and and this isn't just like, you know, he said she said bullshit.  This is like actual facts from reliable sources and if everybody saying the same thing , then chances are it's true.

So, yeah, we won and went back to the house.  I think you and I kind of knew what three teams we're really going to go for and then the fourth one was kind of like, well, who do we go for?

And so in my mind I'm just thinking, all right, well [Turbo] is saying he wants to go in, let me do him a favor.  Let me talk to him at least, you know, and and ask him if that's what he wants because then I can help him and in my mind I was, you know, doing him a favor.  He wants to go in, I'll give you what you want, you know, make it easier for me , whatever.

And so he completely like ... just so disrespectful.  I mean there's no other word to describe the amount of disrespect that he shows everyone and especially me.  And that moment when I'm trying to just have a basic conversation with him, you know, all because I did say, you know, I've been hearing from a lot of people that you want to go in?  Is that true?  Do you want to?

And instead of saying, like, "Nah, Nany, I'm good," and that's all he had to say, he like, immediately puts a guard up and then just starts like being Turbo.  And and at that point, I was just -- 

Here's the thing.  What a lot of people don't know too is that, yes.Turbo and I, we did War of the Worlds One together.  I thought we were very close.  War of the Worlds Two, we were cool ... but I I've not heard from Turbo since War of the Worlds Two and that's been what, how many years now?

I haven't spoken to him.  He hasn't reached out to me.  He doesn't like -- you know, my mom passed away and I literally never heard from him.  So when we're in this game and he expects like so much respect from me, but then shows no respect at all.

Like I was triggered, I was really triggered because I'm like, here's this guy thinking that, you know, he can be in this game and call me his friend and that I and I owe him so much, but he's literally just like, you know, treating me like shit and not even hearing me out, you know.

Bananas and Nany also shared some behind the scenes from the Interrogation.  Apparently Turbo didn't want to play along.

BANANAS:  They did show [when] Turbo comes in.  The guy just gets up and walks out.  Like this is part of the game, dude.  It's called an interrogation.  We're it's going to sit here and have a conversation. 

NANY: Johnny, I think that he got a very good at it in comparison to what actually went down.  I mean, do you remember at first when he walked in, he didn't even want to sit.  They show him immediately sitting and that took production asking him nicely over and over again to just take a seat and have a conversation.  And then within seconds he stood up and stormed out.  But they also I feel didn't show Tamara very much.  Do you remember Johnny sitting across the table from her and she looked like a deer in headlights?  She was shaking and they didn't show him screaming at the the top of his lungs, screaming her name to get out of the room to leave with him.

They didn't show that.  And I think that --

BANANAS:  I remember telling her, I'm like, Tamara, you do realize that this is part of the show?  And I remember asking her straight up like, you ever want to come back?  Game aside, like fucking let's put this game aside.  Do you like being here?  Do you want to come back?  And she was like, yes.  I was like then you gotta do something.

On your own.  Don't let him completely dictate how you're going to play this game.  Have a voice, say something.  Interact with people.  Sit here and have a conversation with us.  This is part of the show.  And she didn't do it.  Got up and walked out.  I'm like, all right, well.

NANY: Because she was she was playing his game.  She was following his orders.

She was doing what he wanted her to do.  But like I said, you know, that's why he and I worked so well together on War of the World's One.  Because he didn't have to do anything.  All he all he did was just, you know, work out and and win challenges for me. And I did the rest.

I did the socializing.  I did the politicking.  I made, sure everything was good, you know?  And soI think that he's just not a good leader in that sense, because I think that her time could have been a lot better.  It could have been could have been way different, had she branched out and she made relationships and, you know,  played the game for herself as well as him.

BANANAS:  I have it on good authority, just for a little tea here.   So, apparently, the Six Degrees of Separation here, because everyone's like, wait a minute, who's Tamara?  Where'd she come from?  Turbo, how do you know this girl?  Apparently Tamara was Ninja Natalie's, brother's girlfriend.  I think.  And she literally broke up with her boyfriend two weeks before The Challenge to be Turbo's partner.

Okay?  Thinking that they're going to just like ride off into the sunset and win this whole thing and they're gone like week one.

NANY:  I also heard that they -- I guess Tamara was having a conversation with somebody, I can't remember who -- but I was told that before coming on to the season that Turbo was having Tamara train 10 hours a day.

BANANAS: (laughs)

NANY:  And so all that training, the 10 hours a day.  You know, it must really suck to have gone out on a puzzle.

BANANAS: Yeah, tell me about it.  Jesus.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Here's a reason the results of the Challenge look fishy.

You know Bananas can talk shit about Turbo and some other guys because we've not seen him in any physical elimination vs. a big or bigger competitor.

Hall Brawls are usually mismatches between a small guy and a big guy.  And never is one of the "regulars" ever put in a disadvantageous situation.

That applies to a certain extent to CT and maybe one or two other favored vets.

Of they will only face guys they outweigh by 50 pounds or more.

Probably not going to change any time soon.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, aghst said:

Here's a reason the results of the Challenge look fishy.

You know Bananas can talk shit about Turbo and some other guys because we've not seen him in any physical elimination vs. a big or bigger competitor.

Hall Brawls are usually mismatches between a small guy and a big guy.  And never is one of the "regulars" ever put in a disadvantageous situation.

That applies to a certain extent to CT and maybe one or two other favored vets.

Of they will only face guys they outweigh by 50 pounds or more.

Probably not going to change any time soon.

They did have Jordan face Fessy in pole wrestle. I consider Jordan arguably the best P4P challenger ever(him or Landon), and he was sent to the slaughter in an unwinnable elimination. Now, he’s not the star that Johnny or CT is, but I’d like to think he is considered more important than Fessy by the producers. 

• Love 1