Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Sudden Death

• Start Topic

Another gangster with legions of men ready to kill Federal Agents. 🤬

They defiantly up the violence content this season. This is the second week in a row that some goon came at a team with a lethal weapon. the weight plates in this case and we have the extended cinematic two on one hand to hand fight. But it doesn't match the real looking judo that SAC Tennant used last season when she was holding out against a terrorist.

I guess Kai's childhood friend is being set up as some seasonal big bad, so I wonder how will he always interact with the Navy? That is the worst case scenarios that the New Orleans series fell into. It makes sense for H5-0, not for NCIS.

Can we have some episodes without KACY stuffs??!

I don’t care about their love life, domestic problems and living arrangement.

Stop shoving them down our throats. It’s f-king annoying. The writers are so desperate to please the fandom‼️

😡😡😡

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Love 3

I enjoyed this episode, it was the right combination of crime, action, and local culture.  Most of that is because of the Kai character, I appreciate when he uses Hawaiian words and when he was talking with his cousin(?) Hina, it is clear that this is a character that is deeply connected to the Hawaiian culture.  I thought the Samoan dance/chant that they showed at the end was great.  I think this show does much better at showing a true connection to Hawaii than Hawaii 5-0 did.

Always amazed that law enforcement on shows like these go into gunfights with just vests.  Knowing that these were criminal mobsters, why wouldn't they have brought in the equivalent of a SWAT team, with helmets and shields?

I didn't mind the Lucy and Whistler scenes, but it was so obvious from the beginning that they both wanted to move in together, the extended long drawn out snippets of dancing around it did get to be annoying.

• Fire 1
9 hours ago, blackwing said:

Always amazed that law enforcement on shows like these go into gunfights with just vests.  Knowing that these were criminal mobsters, why wouldn't they have brought in the equivalent of a SWAT team, with helmets and shields?

I didn't mind the Lucy and Whistler scenes, but it was so obvious from the beginning that they both wanted to move in together, the extended long drawn out snippets of dancing around it did get to be annoying.

Especially in this case when the goons already made two agents back off. And previous raids this season had Marines or some sort of tactical team with NCIS. One thing is sure Janey is in charge of a much larger office than Duane Pride.

The just tell me you love me scenes were cringe worthy 

And next episode we'll be treated to the riveting drama of Lucy and Whistler getting into a bit fight over the correct way to fill the dishwasher! I don't mind them having their own plot but they were tossing the idiot ball to each other this episode.

Looks like we're getting a big bad wolf in the form of Kai's former buddy. Bit hard to imagine how someone so smart would keep crossing a federal law enforcement agency but we'll see.

Does Jesse have laser-vision?

As usual the interactions between Tenant and Daniel were a highlight.

On 11/1/2022 at 4:39 PM, mythoughtis said:

When will Lucy realize that Whistler thinks  logically about everything and  has trouble expressing emotions?  She can’t expect Whistler to act  like her.  

I agree. Lucy also didn't tell Whistler that she was looking for a new apartment. When Whistler found out, you could tell she desperately wanted to tell Lucy she could just move in with her but because Lucy didn't tell her, she assumed Lucy didn't want to move in with her and that's why she went the rational route. I love them together, I think they are cute and I hope they don't have them keep having dumb fights based on miscommunication. 

I love that Jane and Daniel are friends now.  I hate the fighting exes trope, and I think they’ve done a good job moving these two past that.

I liked the episode, though the dad was getting on my nerves.  I get that he was scared of the Koa brothers, but still.

I appreciate the names of the characters; they seem authentic to the island.  I agree that they do a good job showing Hawaiian culture.