Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E32: Quentin Tarentino; Gillian Tett; Yuval Noah Harari

• Start Topic

I didn't know Bill is a fanboy of Elon Musk. His reaction to the very notion that his hero isn't purely altruistic towards Ukraine was embarrassing.

I didn't know much about this and looked for more context. Elon, of course, has been an egoistical asshole in this situation. He provides Starlink to Ukraine and basks the glow of praise. He inserts himself into peace talks, but when Ukraine rebuffs his ideas, he starts whining about money and threatens to take his ball and go home (this is similar to the boys trapped in the cave - he just had to be the hero who saved the day and lost his mind when he wasn't recognized as such). Then when his hissy fit didn't go over so well, he changed his mind and vowed to continue Starlink for Ukraine, painting himself as a good man doing good deeds. 

It's not surprising Bill admires a man like Elon Musk. Birds of a feather....

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
11 hours ago, canaanite2 said:

I didn't know Bill is a fanboy of Elon Musk. His reaction to the very notion that his hero isn't purely altruistic towards Ukraine was embarrassing.

I didn't know much about this and looked for more context. Elon, of course, has been an egoistical asshole in this situation. He provides Starlink to Ukraine and basks the glow of praise. He inserts himself into peace talks, but when Ukraine rebuffs his ideas, he starts whining about money and threatens to take his ball and go home (this is similar to the boys trapped in the cave - he just had to be the hero who saved the day and lost his mind when he wasn't recognized as such). Then when his hissy fit didn't go over so well, he changed his mind and vowed to continue Starlink for Ukraine, painting himself as a good man doing good deeds. 

It's not surprising Bill admires a man like Elon Musk. Birds of a feather....

I'm not surprised at all...Elon seems like the kind of dorky rich guy Bill would try to cozy up to...did he say anything about Kanye West this week?