Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E8: Under Pressure

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Breedom said:

He would by all means want that ring back and cash it in

Absolutely! He even commanded that she LEAVE THE RING, pack up her stuff and get out. No way was he going to let her keep it. It would have served him right if she had flushed it down the toilet like Larissa claimed to do with Colt’s ring. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
52 minutes ago, Breedom said:

Oh, at the tell-all I hope everyone attacks this nutcase but everyone seems so fearful of her, so they'll keep quiet.

I think the couples try to maintain peace between each other because they are often expected to appear together. I’m sure none of them will forget the time Rebecca incurred Angela’s wrath at the Tell All so they tend to handle her with kid gloves. 

But it is so true! They also think it is an insult to call a woman a lesbian, men are so basic sometimes.  

There's this movie from the 90's - Boys on the Side. In it, Mary Louise Parker is on the witness stand and an asshole prosecutor asks her derisively if she is a lesbian. She gives him a sort of withering look and responds "no, but at times I understand the inclination."

Ed totally makes me understand the inclination.

He would by all means want that ring back and cash it in

I think the whole thing was (badly) scripted and that ring is safely in either Ed's or Liz's possession. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

What liquid was it leaking though lol?

I think he meant that he was on the toilet with diarrhea all night.  And a special prayer was done to cure it.  Right Jan. While I can accept that she may have uhhh bounced a bit to hard and caused some internal damage which had him sitting on the can all night, I don't buy a prayer cured him.  Maybe they should try doggy style instead of cow girl.  And don't blame me for the language above. Blame show.  They made me go there.

• Fire 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Neither Jenny nor Summit is gainfully employed.  So, there is no reason why their home should be dirty.  I wonder what they do all day.

I have no idea what it is like where they are living, but when I lived in Lima, I found it impossible to clean. I hired someone to take care of that and it was super cheap. I am sure it is more $$ now as everything has gone up there, but they used products I had never seen or heard of to take care of the never ending dust layer that would build up from just the air pollution and grit. Some stuff was the same, yes, but others....it was a mystery to me. I doubt anyone has shown Jenny the ropes of keeping an Indian household. But, that being said, she could be Mrs. Clean and his family would find fault. They will never accept her as his wife. And he will always want their approval, it truly is a cultural thing. And I am told it is very common for mother in laws to treat DILs like utter shit. Even when they are also Indian. And their sons allow and support it. 

Libby and Andrei---the only believable segment they have filmed. I believe his rage and her panic. And I agree with Andrei, she was a fucking moron to sit and giggle her way through an interview, when she knew the fact that they were having said interview was a little suspect. I doubt they have anything to seriously worry about though---I knew a couple who bombed their interview (she didn't know his middle name....when he said honey it's my dad's first name, she replied your dad? all in front of the INS officer and they were approved, so....). plus 

Spoiler

we know from social media that they are still in FL and just had another child together. 

Usman and Kimbally----at least she learned from Baby Girl Lisa and didn't wear sandals to the livestock market. Now, were his family members coached to say all that for more drama? Or did they for once speak their minds, I wanted to cheer when they said he needed to stop wasting their time and making a fool by bringing home these old women who are not in any way suitable. Imagine if he had brought home Zara? They would have been giving HER presents, lol! Again though if he is Soulja Boy, who can have anyone in Nigeria he wants, why doesn't he? Can't he find a young Nigerian with some $$ to wed?? I am guessing having an American wife (who everyone assumes is rich because, America) will only increase his prospects and that is why he goes through with this crap. 

Liz and Ed---two drunk, insecure fools bickering and if the cameras weren't there in the morning they would wake up, hung over and be apologizing all over themselves. Rinse, repeat next time they go out and get hammered. 

Yara and Jovi, I can't remember if they had an actual segment or it was just the previews. She is full of shit. She doesn't want to go to Ukraine and help. Her family is in Czech republic, that is where she would go if she wants to see family. If she did step foot in Ukraine it would be to have photo ops for her social media---sorry, but I refuse to believe she has given up her dreams of being a high paid influencer. Reminds me of my ex MIL, when I had cancer. She made a huge deal about how she was staying with us to help me during treatment. She did jack shit. People back home thought she was changing bandages and wiping my ass for all her mother theresa routine online. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Stuckathome said:

Libby and Andrei---the only believable segment they have filmed. I believe his rage and her panic. And I agree with Andrei, she was a fucking moron to sit and giggle her way through an interview, when she knew the fact that they were having said interview was a little suspect.

I don’t get this supposed interview flub. Were they in a room together or grilled separately? Or is it something like “The NewlywedGame” where they write down their answers then compare them? (“How many times did you make whoopie last week?”) Who was asked first and wouldn’t the second person have a chance to explain like “we met online in September but in person in November” Surely they weren’t stupid enough to argue about the timeline in front of the agent. Then again, bickering might have made them look more authentic as a married couple. 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

She’s probably the type of woman who does that to avoid speeding tickets and thought it would translate to another authority figure.

She probably is but these guys n gals in immigration interviews have zero personality, they're the type of people who failed the personality test for the TSA because they were not happy go lucky enough. Oh and for some reason they seem to hate American citizens more than the immigrant.

Obviously there are exceptions to this rule but I only ever met one & that was at LAX, but he did have back up in the room in the form of a big machine gun carrying police officer & his hungry looking German Shepherd.

• Sad 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Obviously there are exceptions to this rule but I only ever met one & that was at LAX, but he did have back up in the room in the form of a big machine gun carrying police officer & his hungry looking German Shepherd.

That sounds like a good story.

I see you changed your profile picture to kitties!

1 hour ago, Welshman in Ca said:

If the immigration interview agents are anything like the ones at the airport, I think they hire the most intimidating, no nonsense guys. I have a flag on my permanent record from years ago when I unwittingly brought a salami home from Switzerland. I had bought it in the Duty Free shop at the airport and declared it at Customs, so I naively figured it was okay and didn't realize meat was banned. The guy confiscated the salami then proceeded to give me a very stern, detailed lecture about how I could have single-handedly brought Mad Cow Disease to the US. Now I get flagged every time I fly into the US and feel like a criminal. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That sounds like a good story.

I see you changed your profile picture to kitties!

Yes, they are Ziggy & Baxter (grey one) both male and just over a year old, 2 of our 3 cats, the other is a 16 year female tabby who is old, grouchy & a loner. Ziggy was cleaning Baxter's head for some reason which he used to do when Baxter was younger as Ziggy is a little older.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2
  • Love 3
On 10/17/2022 at 2:36 PM, Goshengir1 said:

Big Ed isn't capable of a healthy relationship, and Liz is exhausting herself trying to abide by his crazy-making rules and make sense out of things that make no sense

That’s the alpha and omega of a personality disorder. The disordered person doesn’t really think that s/he needs to change, makes everyone else around him/her crazy and in need of psychological therapy. The way Ed speaks to Liz gives me flashbacks of the way my ex used to treat everyone around him. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Ed wanted to be famous, and the only way he could figure out to do it that has semi-worked is to pretend to be this lovelorn character he created and go on TV in search of his "forever." But to keep that charade going, he has to torpedo any relationship before it gets to the finish line, which he does by dismembering the woman he previously barnacled himself to. And then moves on to his next victim. He thought Rose's poverty would make her an easy mark, but she wasn't having it. He looks to be more successful at dismantling Liz, although her emotional damage gave him a head start, and she may have a bit of the fame bug in her as well. He's like an ugly little virus.

• Applause 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Don’t you know you are supposed to hide the salami.

Unfortunately, the cute little meat sniffing beagle ratted me out! BTW @MrBuhBye, I just KNEW you were going to say that! 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 1
12 hours ago, greekmom said:

I think he meant that he was on the toilet with diarrhea all night.  And a special prayer was done to cure it

Don't forget this is the same couple who thought wearing a magic lanyard would protect them from Covid! 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 6
17 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Don't forget this is the same couple who thought wearing a magic lanyard would protect them from Covid! 

Hey, it worked, didn’t it? 😄

• Wink 1
21 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Neither Jenny nor Summit is gainfully employed.  So, there is no reason why their home should be dirty.  I wonder what they do all day.  

Because he sees housekeeping as women's work and she's lazy (it is not "American cleaning" to quote him - my family's floors are clean enough to dine on).

Edited by Kid
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

So it’s been blatantly obvious for a while now that Angela is a piece is shit, but the way she barked for a waitress to come serve her was just the final nail in the coffin. The way she treats people is disgusting. TLC, can we please not have her on this show anymore? It got old for me pretty fast. Continuing to watch her shit on others just serves to draw energy from me and make me more upset.

Ed is an abusive prick. Liz needs to run far and fast. The nerve of him to even begin to comment on any woman’s appearance…

I love how Usman's family saw through Kim's attempt at buying them off. Hahaha.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

So it’s been blatantly obvious for a while now that Angela is a piece is shit, but the way she barked for a waitress to come serve her was just the final nail in the coffin. The way she treats people is disgusting. TLC, can we please not have her on this show anymore? It got old for me pretty fast. Continuing to watch her shit on others just serves to draw energy from me and make me more upset.

Ed is an abusive prick. Liz needs to run far and fast. The nerve of him to even begin to comment on any woman’s appearance…

I love how Usman's family saw through Kim's attempt at buying them off. Hahaha.

Angela just needs to fuck off, she is exactly what a lot of foreigners think all Americans are like, loud, obnoxious and think they own the world. Yes I know that's not how all you peeps really are but you can't really blame people for thinking it when Angela is the benchmark.

Liz is as bad as Ed, she's only in this for the TLC money because apparently being abused by Ed on tv is favourable to waiting tables in obscurity.

Kim is mentally ill and needs help, she thinks Useman is the African Michael Jackson.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3

Rewatching now and saw that Ed and Liz’s engagement party was held at “Gossip Grill.” From their website it is a LGBT Friendly bar, female owned and decorated to showcase women artists. So why was Ed so surprised to see Liz talking to a “known Lesbian”? There were probably more Lesbians there than straight women! 
Also, I think this whole deportation story is made up drama but if someone from Libby’s family ratted out Andrei, I would love for it to be Walter, her step-father who up to now hasn’t spoken a word! 

Came back to add another favorite exchange-when Angela was yelling at Michael that there were "bitches on your phone" and Michael responding, "No bitches, no bitches!" 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 10/17/2022 at 8:39 AM, anoninrva said:

Charlie may be the biggest jerk, his sisters are harpies, but Andrei's still very abrasive.  As much as I'm skeptical about all of the stories here, if he was wrapped up in a corrupt police department in Modova, that's probably a bigger red flag to INS than anything the Pothosts may have to say.

On 10/17/2022 at 10:03 AM, suzeecat said:

<snip> I wouldn't be surprised if Libby's family had something to say to immigration, causing trouble for Andrei.  However, I definitely think he was involved in some shady business back home as well.  He's so arrogant I would be satisfied to see him be denied, but somehow, everyone on this show somehow manages to skate by.

When Andrei first explained the police corruption in Moldova, and that he left Moldova for Ireland because he wouldn't participate in the corruption and that put him in physical danger, I did quite a bit of research on Moldova and corruption there.

This article, Corruption in Moldova , is a good place to start. 

On 10/17/2022 at 9:39 PM, Breedom said:

<snip> Angela: OMG. The woman continues to truly feel Michael is at fault for everything. She wasn't taught anything by her own parents on how to handle relationships, so she flies off the handle and acts like a deranged and pathetic lunatic. Yeah, that'll win him back. Just to repeat myself, she's a pitiful mess that has no restraints, no impulse control and is an embarrassment to all womankind.  Good for Michael for shunning this gigantic nutcase. He rues the day he met this mess. <snip>

When Angela demanded Michael give her his phone, I wanted Michael to say "Sure. We'll switch. I'll give you my phone if you'll give me yours."

I think Michael would find the messages Angela sent to her doctor in L.A. when she was there, and the conversations she's been having with her Canadian beau, very enlightening.

BTW - I don't think Michael was or is scamming Angela. If all Michael wanted was entry into the US and a green card, I'm sure he could have found much easier marks that would have allowed him to fulfill his goals in far less time than the protracted bullshit, physical and emotional abuse he's been putting up with from Angela for years

Edited to add -

In regards to Moldovan police corruption, from the Moldova Corruption Report (boldface mine):

"There is a high risk of corruption when interacting with Moldova’s police. Three out of four Moldovans perceive the police as corrupt (GCB 2013). Police impunity is common in Moldova (BTI 2016). Companies report insufficient confidence in the reliability of police services in protecting them from crime and enforcing the law (GCR 2016-2017). Four out of five firms pay for private security (ES 2013). The lion’s share of corruption offenses investigated by the country’s anti-corruption authorities involved law enforcement employees (HRR 2016)."

Edited by TwirlyGirly
Added additional information
  • Love 2

As far as police corruption in Moldova, IIRC, I believe Andrei explained that he had been involved in some kind of internal “sting” operation to catch bad cops and the situation had become too dangerous so he left Moldova. But even if he’s totally innocent (which I doubt) being a former cop in a country known for police corruption could be a red flag at Immigration. 

6 hours ago, magemaud said:

As far as police corruption in Moldova, IIRC, I believe Andrei explained that he had been involved in some kind of internal “sting” operation to catch bad cops and the situation had become too dangerous so he left Moldova. But even if he’s totally innocent (which I doubt) being a former cop in a country known for police corruption could be a red flag at Immigration. 

Because American police are known to be as pure as new snow or because there's no room for anymore corruption? 🙂

On a more serious note I doubt they would have let him be in the US for so long already before raising it as an issue unless someone suddenly came up with actual proof of wrongdoing, rumors are not proof, and even if they had proof they wouldn't just let him drive away once they had him in a government building.

• Love 3
On 10/17/2022 at 10:26 AM, MrBuhBye said:

She didn’t want to play with his kids and generally gives off cold vibes.  I think she doesn’t really want kids and if she does have them she will be an aloof mother.

Eh, trying to relate to (and being pushed very early on to "play with") adolescent/teen kids isn't an indicator as to how she would do as a mother. I think she does want a baby- you can't equate the two at all. As for Bilal, he is so flat and non-reactive, I just want to shake him. Obviously, he is not interested in having a baby with her and is looking for any, ANY out. He almost seems smugly satisfied that her eggs are dwindling: "oh well... we looked into it; likely no baby for us. Sorry!"

Angela is psycho. She really, really believes that she "deserves" love; she convinces herself that this was true love and that she put her heart and soul into the relationship; next minute she is vandalizing his car and screaming at him to "apologize!!!!" and give her his phone. I don't doubt that he is communicating with women, but who can blame the guy? And she uses the classic excuse, "I love him and I want to work this out, but he MAKES THE ANGER COME OUT IN ME."

Libby has one of those faces (remember the Seinfeld episode?) that can look pretty in one shot and oddly unattractive in others. In her THs she has a puffy look with plastic-like hair and a double chin. Her car shots make her look pretty. 

Ed and Liz argue like junior-high kids and are nothing but painful to watch. I can't stand him and for her to be 29 and twice-divorced tells us multitudes. Hurling insults, fighting drunk and trying to have the last word ("you're drunk. Just go to bed") makes me so uncomfortable. The fact that he can "break up" with her 9 times or whatever the number is shows his level of maturity. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

I think she does want a baby- you can't equate the two at all.

Babies don’t stay babies.  You can’t trade them in at three for a newborn.

Also she needs ten hours of sleep.  The baby is going to destroy that lol.

Edited by MrBuhBye
2 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Because American police are known to be as pure as new snow or because there's no room for anymore corruption? 🙂

On a more serious note I doubt they would have let him be in the US for so long already before raising it as an issue unless someone suddenly came up with actual proof of wrongdoing, rumors are not proof, and even if they had proof they wouldn't just let him drive away once they had him in a government building.

Yeah, it's all fake. We all know they're still here! 

1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

Libby has one of those faces (remember the Seinfeld episode?) that can look pretty in one shot and oddly unattractive in others. In her THs she has a puffy look with plastic-like hair and a double chin.

Definitely a "Two Face." (I always wondered how the actress on that episode felt about being cast as the "ugly" one) It seems the THs are shot from a low unflattering angle which accentuates her turtle-like chin. The camera in the car appears to be placed higher. For most participants, I think they always look better in their THs but not so with Libby. 

Although: 

Spoiler

She recently gave birth to a second child so the THs could have been filmed while she was pregnant. Which is also why I am sure Andrei wasn't deported

• Mind Blown 1
6 minutes ago, magemaud said:
  Reveal spoiler

She recently gave birth to a second child so the THs could have been filmed while she was pregnant. Which is also why I am sure Andrei wasn't deported

Once he has a green card there isn't much he has previously done that will get him deported, he's more likely to get deported for something he does in the USA than something he has done in a previous life. In my experience they do pretty extensive record & other checks before the green card is issued.

I even had to go for a chest x-ray for TB as the vaccine in both the UK & Africa has a small amount of the virus in it and it shows up as positive on the test. The x-ray guy told that he always sees Europeans & Africans for the same reason & that so far he's seen zero with TB.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Babies don’t stay babies.  You can’t trade them in at three for a newborn.

Not my point at all. Meeting and bonding with kids at adolescence makes bonding and love much harder to achieve compared to bearing (or adopting) a child at birth. So her appearing "cold" with Bilal's kids (who seem somewhat reticent to get to know her as well) is not necessarily a determinant of how she would act with a child she would care for from birth.

1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Definitely a "Two Face." (I always wondered how the actress on that episode felt about being cast as the "ugly" one)

From what I recall, the same actress was used for both. In the "ugly" scenes, such as Jerry's shadowy front door, it looked as if she made herself appear to have buck teeth, had a sad expression, and they created bags under her eyes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 10/22/2022 at 10:59 AM, KateHearts said:

Libby has one of those faces (remember the Seinfeld episode?) that can look pretty in one shot and oddly unattractive in others. In her THs she has a puffy look with plastic-like hair and a double chin. Her car shots make her look pretty. 

YES to this. I have always found that puzzling how she can look attractive and then really not. I thought this from way back when we first met them and at first I thought it was the lipstick /shape of her lips. Especially in the early days, she always wore dark lipstick and sometimes it flattered her and other times not at all.

I will say she has a great figure.

And what was that with Charlie's wife and the foot fetish modeling ? I just am amazed whenever they replay that one. I guess it could be true ( and did she say she made 70K doing that?????)but what really gets me is why would they share this on national TeeVee?

• Love 1
On 10/17/2022 at 10:16 PM, Adeejay said:

I don’t know how Libby puts up with Andre.  His temper is off the charts.  There is a reason he fled Moldova; no telling what carnage he may have left in his wake.  Not to mention, he visited the US some years ago and overstayed his visa.  Truth be told, I was wondering how he made it back so easily, given his history with INS.  There is a saying, “be careful what you wish for, because you might just get it.”  Libby told her family that if Andre were to get deported, she and Ellie would go with him.  Now that there is a possibility, she “can’t imagine Ellie growing up in Moldova.” 

I don’t particularly care for Usman.  However, I believe him when he says that women that are younger, richer, and more attractive than Kimberly slide into his DM all the time.  I’ve always wonder why her instead of one of them.

Money and ego stroking. Plus, free birth control. 

• Love 1
On 10/17/2022 at 12:09 PM, The Pearl said:

When Angela screamed at the waitress just as Michael came in and then proceeded to order THREE shots of vodka (after we saw her quickly down at least one shot before Michael's arrival) -- Michael knew he didn't stand a chance.  You could see it all over his face.

When Libby told Andrei, "I was trying to lighten the mood" when he accused her of giggling and laughing when she should have been more serious?  I almost fell off my seat laughing!!!!  The whole scene with Andrei SCREAMING and cursing and Libby looking so dumfounded and Andrei daring Libby to "say a word!"  Jesus!  You could watch that on mute and it would look like Looney Tunes!  High comedy.

And Bilal sitting there looking all stunned and stupid -- because there's no way he can twist the doc's words when he clearly SAYS you have to try within 6 months or she won't have any eggs!  He never reaches out to comfort Shaeeda, either.  Just keeps to himself while she is clearly agonizing about one thing or another.  Jackass!

I am shocked TLC promotes behaviors like Andrew’s or Angela’s on national TV.
They show people that you can behave like that and get away with it. 
shame on them all!!!

• Love 1