Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E8: Under Pressure

• Start Topic

Kim's gift offends Usman's family; Andrei fears deportation; the honeymoon is over for Jenny and Sumit; Michael refuses to give Angela his phone; Liz reveals to Ed what she did with her engagement ring; Shaeeda receives devastating news.

First Look: 14/10/22; TLC: 16/10/22; Discovery+: 16/10/22

So do I crank up the Queen and Bowie duet?

Hurricane Angela throws a tantrum, wakes up, makes plans to change her flight to later in the day - that is a waste of money. Her new BFF Rene wants her to cool off and calm down. Michael really has the long con planned if he is scamming her. Doubtful that most scammers would put up with her abuse. She encourages Ange to have a civil conversation before pulling the plug and filing for divorce so he does not get his visa. Thanks to her jealousy, tantrums, and of course, the new guy.

Andreii and Libby are going to his ‘interview’. He struggles with his tie. Yawn.

Jenny got too excited with the yoga moves and somehow Sumit’s belly button had an incident. Which left him sitting on the toilet all night. No more cowgirl. He wants to stop in to check on his parents. She doesn’t want to go back to the house.

Kim and Usman go cow shopping for a gift for his mom. That would really smell. The owner of the market claims to have never seen a white woman. Kim should just have bought her a mid designer bag, like Coach or Michael Kors.

Bilalzebub and Shaeeda get the test results. She is running low on eggs and if they don’t succeed naturally within about six months, she may need to freeze her eggs. There is an escape route for him! He will probably tell her it is too expensive to do more. I could feel the cold sweat from him.

I was triggered and incensed at Butterball Ed and his heinous behavior toward Liz. Both should not be getting married. Ed is a vile little POS. Insecure, needy, ugly on the outside and inside. His head would be spinning as I checked out of the relationship and dumped his controlling and dysfunctional codependent rump. Liz isn’t a prize but she is a person who should be treated as a person. She did call him out on his weight, didn’t like him calling her fat. She had no relationship with the woman at the venue. Ed of course demands to know every single secret before marrying her. Ugh ugh ugh.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

<snip>

Kim and Usman go cow shopping for a gift for his mom. That would really smell. The owner of the market claims to have never seen a white woman. Kim should just have bought her a mid designer bag, like Coach or Michael Kors.

Bilalzebub and Shaeeda get the test results. She is running low on eggs and if they don’t succeed naturally within about six months, she may need to freeze her eggs. There is an escape route for him! He will probably tell her it is too expensive to do more. I could feel the cold sweat from him.

I was triggered and incensed at Butterball Ed and his heinous behavior toward Liz. Both should not be getting married. Ed is a vile little POS. Insecure, needy, ugly on the outside and inside. His head would be spinning as I checked out of the relationship and dumped his controlling and dysfunctional codependent rump. Liz isn’t a prize but she is a person who should be treated as a person. She did call him out on his weight, didn’t like him calling her fat. She had no relationship with the woman at the venue. Ed of course demands to know every single secret before marrying her. Ugh ugh ugh.

Or designer sunglasses like Chantel brought to her mother-in-law? Mama Pedro ate that shit up.

• Love 1

Dare I say it?  Over the episodes of Jenny and Sumit on their honeymoon, Jenny and Sumit have kind of grown on me.  They've always been portrayed as so dour, and what do they possibly see in each other, etc., but they seem to genuinely enjoy each other's company.  They even look kind of cute together.  ::shudder::

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, Rebky said:

Or designer sunglasses like Chantel brought to her mother-in-law? Mama Pedro ate that shit up.

Mama Pedro was much more "bougie" than Usman's mother. Somehow I don’t think Mama Usman would be impressed with a designer bag or even a vinyl Walmart concealed carry bag like Angela brought Michael’s mother. I recall Kim saying when she was buying her headscarf at the market that she wanted to buy something there for Usman’s mother and I thought that a scarf could never compete with BGL’s gift, Barney the Goat. I’m sure Kim watched Lisa’s season and decided to outdo the goat with a cow, but from the description of tonight’s episode, for some reason a cow is not the way to Mama’s heart. Or maybe Usman was behind the idea, knowing that the gift idea would backfire (maybe the cow will, too) but his mother will end up with a nice cow while embarrassing Kim at the same time. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Applause 1

No, Angela, you are not calm this morning you are sober unlike the night before when you were shitfaced drunk.

If there is karma, Angela and Ed will get together. Both abusive and gaslighting -they would make quite the pair.  

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1

Angela literally turns my stomach. By the time Michael got to the restaurant, she was drunk again. My family was filled with drunks just like her so I knows one when I sees one.When they're drunk they're mean.

Frankly, I don't think this is scripted because her behavior is very familiar to me and very authentic.

Edited by Kid
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

Mama Pedro was much more "bougie" than Usman's mother. Somehow I don’t think Mama Usman would be impressed with a designer bag or even a vinyl Walmart concealed carry bag like Angela brought Michael’s mother. I recall Kim saying when she was buying her headscarf at the market that she wanted to buy something there for Usman’s mother and I thought that a scarf could never compete with BGL’s gift, Barney the Goat. I’m sure Kim watched Lisa’s season and decided to outdo the goat with a cow, but from the description of tonight’s episode, for some reason a cow is not the way to Mama’s heart. Or maybe Usman was behind the idea, knowing that the gift idea would backfire (maybe the cow will, too) but his mother will end up with a nice cow while embarrassing Kim at the same time. 

Interesting Kim said $500 is her whole paycheck.  Even if that is weekly it’s not much.  

Ed calls Liz a fat drunk lesbian.  Liz calls Ed a fat drunk with a tiny dick.  This is like a trailer park Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Interesting Kim said $500 is her whole paycheck.  Even if that is weekly it’s not much.  

I think she works in a coffee shop and probably gets some kind of pension from The Army. Before Usman came along, her paychecks must have gone towards her MJ Collection. 

• Love 5

I usually FF past Ed and Liz, so I don’t have the most accurate picture of what’s going on in their relationship, but, uh, is there meant to be any irony in a guy who looks like he’s about 4 hours from dropping dead telling someone else “we both could make healthier choices”?

Speaking of irony, it was a little funny that for all the yoga instructor’s concern about Old Woman Jenny incurring an injury in his class, it was Sumit’s belly that couldn’t handle it. Sack up, Sumit, your mom keeps on going after, what, five or six diarrheas?

Angela’s hair reminds me of a time when I had to run back to an apartment during renovations and fiberglass insulation was all over the place. Not as much because of her hair’s resemblance to insulation as because of my visceral response to Angela reminding me of the burning irritation I felt after my skin had come in contact with it.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Is it just me or are some of the men being very chauvinistic. Ed is so rude to Liz, being so controlling about everything as if Liz is a child. All he's doing is trying to isolate her from everything so she has to rely just on him for things. He's coming across like a narcissist and he cuts her down wicked deep with the Bulls*it things he says. Like Liz said he's not even attractive and I don't think she was only talking about that, his personality, his insecurities and how rude and controlling he is. Then Sumit is still putting his parents before Jenny then he tells her what he thinks she wants to hear then turns right around and it's back to being all about his parents. He has been gaslighting her from the start. I've grown to like Andrei. I know he's under so much pressure with the green card but he's been rude as hell and blaming Elizabeth for everything that has to do with the green card interview and he was thinking her family may have something to do with it but yelling at her. Of course she doesn't want to hear that while she's overwhelmed with the situation.  And Andrei just kept piling it on and raised was practically yelling at her and was swearing every other word. Even tho Liz knows he's just scared of deportation he still was being over bearing. He literally yelled and curse at her the entire ride back home. Michael is way way more heartless now, he definitely seems like he's hiding things from Angela. He's just coming across like maybe he's using her. He said to his friends that she didn't want him working and "takes care" of him. He got real comfortable with that, that's why he asked for $5,000. She's not innocent with that guy she talks to a lot on facetime and the flirting was obvious on both sides. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Kid said:

Angela literally turns my stomach. By the time Michael got to the restaurant, she was drunk again. My family was filled with drunks just like her so I knows one when I sees one.When they're drunk they're mean.

Frankly, I don't think this is scripted because her behavior is very familiar to me and very authentic.

Agreed. First she sits her capacious ass down and brays "CAN I GET A WAITRESS?", then orders three shots of vodka and a beer! 

And if her slurring, incoherent rant was an "adult discussion"--well, I must not be getting out enough. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Brandy13 said:

I've grown to like Andrei. I know he's under so much pressure with the green card but he's been rude as hell and blaming Elizabeth for everything that has to do with the green card interview and he was thinking her family may have something to do with it but yelling at her. Of course she doesn't want to hear that while she's overwhelmed with the situation.  And Andrei just kept piling it on and raised was practically yelling at her and was swearing every other word. 

Charlie may be the biggest jerk, his sisters are harpies, but Andrei's still very abrasive.  As much as I'm skeptical about all of the stories here, if he was wrapped up in a corrupt police department in Modova, that's probably a bigger red flag to INS than anything the Pothosts may have to say.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Agreed. First she sits her capacious ass down and brays "CAN I GET A WAITRESS?", then orders three shots of vodka and a beer! 

And if her slurring, incoherent rant was an "adult discussion"--well, I must not be getting out enough. 

And, whoever did the plastic surgery on her mouth did her no favors. It makes her look even meaner.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Kid said:

I noticed when she walked into the restaurant it was daylight, and by the time Michael got there, it was very dark.  She had a huge head start on the drinking before he got there. 

Agree that she is a mean one and no amount of free plastic surgery will make up for everything she has put her body through so far. 

Ed and Liz are both horrible and if that's truly how they feel about each other, they are wasting their time.  I don't care how much TLC paid me, I would not put myself through the script they are reading from. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Libby's family had something to say to immigration, causing trouble for Andrei.  However, I definitely think he was involved in some shady business back home as well.  He's so arrogant I would be satisfied to see him be denied, but somehow, everyone on this show somehow manages to skate by.

Edited by suzeecat
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

I noticed when she walked into the restaurant it was daylight, and by the time Michael got there, it was very dark.  She had a huge head start on the drinking before he got there. 

When I was in Kenya the one thing that really stood out was that there was hardly a dusk, it went from daylight to dark in a few minutes & sometimes seemed like seconds due to being on the the equator & Nigeria is not much north of that so it could have been a short amount of time.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 7

It's pretty obvious Ed and Liz have a drinking problem and they both have alcohol bloat. Ed also can't live without drama. He's a fat, disgusting slob and I don't for a minute believe Liz is attracted to this pig with the little dick.  Who would ever stomach sleeping with this guy? 

Remember Ed's ex girlfriend Rose from the Phillipines? After they broke up she came out as bisexual so this is probably why Ed is so paranoid but if Liz is saying she's straight he needs to let it go. He's just looking for some drama for TV. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

When Angela screamed at the waitress just as Michael came in and then proceeded to order THREE shots of vodka (after we saw her quickly down at least one shot before Michael's arrival) -- Michael knew he didn't stand a chance.  You could see it all over his face.

When Libby told Andrei, "I was trying to lighten the mood" when he accused her of giggling and laughing when she should have been more serious?  I almost fell off my seat laughing!!!!  The whole scene with Andrei SCREAMING and cursing and Libby looking so dumfounded and Andrei daring Libby to "say a word!"  Jesus!  You could watch that on mute and it would look like Looney Tunes!  High comedy.

And Bilal sitting there looking all stunned and stupid -- because there's no way he can twist the doc's words when he clearly SAYS you have to try within 6 months or she won't have any eggs!  He never reaches out to comfort Shaeeda, either.  Just keeps to himself while she is clearly agonizing about one thing or another.  Jackass!

Edited by The Pearl
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

It's pretty obvious Ed and Liz have a drinking problem and they both have alcohol bloat. Ed also can't live without drama. He's a fat, disgusting slob and I don't for a minute believe Liz is attracted to this pig with the little dick.  Who would ever stomach sleeping with this guy? 

Remember Ed's ex girlfriend Rose from the Phillipines? After they broke up she came out as bisexual so this is probably why Ed is so paranoid but if Liz is saying she's straight he needs to let it go. He's just looking for some drama for TV. 

Certain guys think if a woman is not attracted to them she must be a lesbian lol.

15 minutes ago, The Pearl said:

The whole scene with Andrei SCREAMING and cursing and Libby looking so dumfounded

If he does this in the child’s presence it is abusive.

• Applause 1
16 minutes ago, The Pearl said:

Just keeps to himself while she is clearly agonizing about one thing or another. 

She didn’t want to play with his kids and generally gives off cold vibes.  I think she doesn’t really want kids and if she does have them she will be an aloof mother.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

She was shown drinking at least two adult beverages before Michael showed up. On the way there she said something like "My plan is to let Michael explain himself" but then she didn't let him talk at all! I hope this relationship is over and Angela is off my screen forever! Please, NO Single Life! 

• Applause 1
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, The Pearl said:

When Angela screamed at the waitress just at Michael came in and then proceeded to order THREE shots of vodka (after we saw her quickly down at least one shot before Michael's arrival) -- Michael knew he didn't stand a chance.  You could see it all over his face.

When Libby told Andrei, "I was trying to lighten the mood" when he accused her of giggling and laughing when she should have been more serious?  I almost fell off my seat laughing!!!!  The whole scene with Andrei SCREAMING and cursing and Libby looking so dumfounded and Andrei daring Libby to "say a word!"  Jesus!  You could watch that on mute and it would look like Looney Tunes!  High comedy.

And Bilal sitting there looking all stunned and stupid -- because there's no way he can twist the doc's words when he clearly SAYS you have to try within 6 months or she won't have any eggs!  He never reaches out to comfort Shaeeda, either.  Just keeps to himself while she is clearly agonizing about one thing or another.  Jackass!

I thought if you had bariatric surgery you should not consume carbonated drinks or booze but I guess Angela who thinks there is a piece of gym equipment that has a cigarette holder built in to it is not going to follow the rules.

OMG! That scene in the car..."you better not wimper," OMG!! That man is nuts.

Bilal is all concerned that he not make a baby with Shaeeda, I knew when they were getting out of the car and he said something like "let's go get some good news," that news would only be good for him.  Does he think Shaeeda will not go the IVF way if the natural way fails?

• Like 2
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Bilal is all concerned that he not make a baby with Shaeeda, I knew when they were getting out of the car and he said something like "let's go get some good news," that news would only be good for him.  Does he think Shaeeda will not go the IVF way if the natural way fails?

I keep thinking of how miserable they both were at the Tell All which was filmed a few months after tonight's episode. Obviously even if they were trying to conceive, it wasn't successful and the six month window was closing fast. I can see Bilal refusing to spend money on IVF and claiming them not having children is "Allah's will." 

16 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Certain guys think if a woman is not attracted to them she must be a lesbian lol.

If a woman is not attracted to Ed, she must be sane

Edited by magemaud
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Don’t think that the Canadian ones do. I would think that there are Outlet shops in San Diego, so she could get something at a good price.

He-he. I was just being sarcastic. Kim knows nothing about style, fashion or high end items. If they aren't at Walmart, she's not aware.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Billy-boy refused of offer Shy comfort, support, reassurance or even kindness while they were both in the waiting room waiting for the results. He's just an empty vessel with no empathy. What was interesting was that I once again saw how alone Shy was in this moment of fear and she knew it too. She didn't lean on him for support or even look at him because she knew he wasn't capable of providing any kind words of comfort.  Bill is just a passionless, controlling, empty and fearful man who appears to be living in an emotionless shell. Not only does he not feel empathy towards his wife, but he is living with the knowledge that he most likely could never give her kids in the first place. (If I remember correctly didn't he have a vasectomy?)

Sometimes it's just that one person or thing that come into one's life that changes the course forever. If she met someone else who was honest with her, she may have already had kids. Oh, I also think she'd make a great mom.

Edited by Breedom
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, Breedom said:

(If I remember correctly didn't he have a vasectomy?)

That has been speculated upon here, but there is no evidence that it happened. I, for one, don't think he did because he could pretend to be trying but then he could blame her for not getting pregnant. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Who knows where Andreii and Libby went? Who knows if they had an interview with Immigration? They drove somewhere, he put on a tie, and then they left wherever and put on a showy argument. Probably 100 percent fake.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

So going from celebrating your engagement and the love of your life to running into the night barefoot and throwing your $13,000 ring into the bushes while being screamed at to come pack your stuff is just a little bit of a red flag that this relationship is toxic. Obviously they never should have gotten back together after 8 nasty break ups much less gotten engaged, but such is the nature of a personality disorder.  Big Ed isn't capable of a healthy relationship, and Liz is exhausting herself trying to abide by his crazy-making rules and make sense out of things that make no sense. She also drinks because she's unhappy and needs to get out of that relationship before she becomes an alcoholic. She might already be there.  When someone makes you cry all the time, he's not the right person for you. Big Ed reminds me so much of my abusive ex it really is astonishing, I think there is a Personality Disorder playbook they follow.  Liz needs to go find that ring, pawn it and then walk away and never look back.

• Applause 6
  • Love 1

I am absolutely positive that the camera crew picked up the $13,000 ring and Liz’s phone before they got in the van and followed Liz a couple of blocks down the street before convincing her to accept a ride home. She was never in any danger. 
I thought it was telling when she was MIA and Ed was calling her phone. He said he was “embarrassed, pissed and worried” IN THAT ORDER! 
I also wondered about the logistics of Liz “stranding him” at the party. She didn’t take the car! Ed took an Uber home. Maybe that was the plan all along so they could drink. And did anyone go back for Liz’s grandparents or are they still waiting to be picked up? 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Goshengir1 said:

So going from celebrating your engagement and the love of your life to running into the night barefoot and throwing your $13,000 ring into the bushes while being screamed at to come pack your stuff is just a little bit of a red flag that this relationship is toxic. Obviously they never should have gotten back together after 8 nasty break ups much less gotten engaged, but such is the nature of a personality disorder.  Big Ed isn't capable of a healthy relationship, and Liz is exhausting herself trying to abide by his crazy-making rules and make sense out of things that make no sense. She also drinks because she's unhappy and needs to get out of that relationship before she becomes an alcoholic. She might already be there.  When someone makes you cry all the time, he's not the right person for you. Big Ed reminds me so much of my abusive ex it really is astonishing, I think there is a Personality Disorder playbook they follow.  Liz needs to go find that ring, pawn it and then walk away and never look back.

Liz blamed all the prior breakups on Rich but he can’t be the fall guy for this one lol.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I am absolutely positive that the camera crew picked up the $13,000 ring and Liz’s phone before they got in the van and followed Liz a couple of blocks down the street before convincing her to accept a ride home. She was never in any danger. 

Didn't Liz have her phone when she got back to the house? There is no way the crew would not take responsibility for that ring and pick it up. Then Ed, trying to portray himself as such a good-doer saying she could have sold the ring and given the $$ to her grandparents. Bull. He would by all means want that ring back and cash it in. Also, funny how he said his only option was to go home and wait for her - when he could have tracked her down easily with that camera crew in tow.

The confrontation between the two of them was weird, especially the first segment. Ed was so controlled and spoke without heat. His relationship with his fiance was breaking up; yet he had no passion in his voice or demeanor. That tells me he's a robot or the whole thing was scripted, and if scripted, he's a very poor actor who is unable to display any emotion. 

Loved the rip and tear segment with Liz giving it to Ed, which he so deserved. Much more realistic, especially on Liz's side then the first part.

These two need to go their separate ways immediately. I think that Liz loves Ed in her damaged way, but Ed only knows how to put himself first, period. There is no room in Ed's life for another person except his beloved self. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I had never heard of navel displacement, but apparently it's a real thing and can be caused by yoga positions gone wrong. Oddly enough, Indians also believe it can also be CURED by other yoga positions. 

The diagnosis method to determine if you have it and how to cure it is kind of fascinating: https://optimisticgirls.com/navel-displacement/

although I don't see any mention of special prayers as a cure

What liquid was it leaking though lol?

Man, Andreii has a really bad temper. He needs to work on that. You don't want your kids hearing that. My dad was never physically abusive but he yelled a lot. When you're young it's terrifying. 

Sumit of the displaced belly button is getting on my nerves. I don't like the way he treated Jenny at all. Why does she have to ask him if she can have a vaccum anyway? Isn't all the money coming in to the household Jenny's money? It's sick how Sumit wants to run to Mommy and Daddy after vacation because he can't bear to not have their approval. Well, guess what, Sumit? They are never going to accept this marriage. And please stop with the sex talk. They have been together for years and it's gross. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

It's sick how Sumit wants to run to Mommy and Daddy after vacation because he can't bear to not have their approval.

Sumit: Grow up. Stand by your wife and stop running home begging for a pat on the head from Mommy. This woman viciously attacked and mocked your wife. What she did and said was unforgivable. At the very least, give it some time and create an opportunity where Mommy might regret her behavior and approach you, which  understandably could take decades. But you are running back, what - within weeks?

Angela: OMG. The woman continues to truly feel Michael is at fault for everything. She wasn't taught anything by her own parents on how to handle relationships, so she flies off the handle and acts like a deranged and pathetic lunatic. Yeah, that'll win him back. Just to repeat myself, she's a pitiful mess that has no restraints, no impulse control and is an embarrassment to all womankind.  Good for Michael for shunning this gigantic nutcase. He rues the day he met this mess. 

Oh, at the tell-all I hope everyone attacks this nutcase but everyone seems so fearful of her, so they'll keep quiet. On Pillow Talk yesterday Kulani said something like, "I love you, Angela, but you really  (something-something"). Excuse me? WHAT IS THERE TO LOVE???

Edited by Breedom
Forgot to end my quotation mark.
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

I don’t know how Libby puts up with Andre.  His temper is off the charts.  There is a reason he fled Moldova; no telling what carnage he may have left in his wake.  Not to mention, he visited the US some years ago and overstayed his visa.  Truth be told, I was wondering how he made it back so easily, given his history with INS.  There is a saying, “be careful what you wish for, because you might just get it.”  Libby told her family that if Andre were to get deported, she and Ellie would go with him.  Now that there is a possibility, she “can’t imagine Ellie growing up in Moldova.” 

I don’t particularly care for Usman.  However, I believe him when he says that women that are younger, richer, and more attractive than Kimberly slide into his DM all the time.  I’ve always wonder why her instead of one of them.

Neither Jenny nor Summit is gainfully employed.  So, there is no reason why their home should be dirty.  I wonder what they do all day.  

• Love 3