Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Whose Show is This?

• Start Topic

On 10/23/2022 at 7:02 PM, rmontro said:

I know I'm late talking about the final, but honestly I didn't love it.  Breaking the fourth wall was part of She-Hulk comics, so I'm cool with that, I just thought it was overdone in the last episode.  I also didn't like the K.E.V.I.N. robot, we all know it represented Kevin Feige, so if you're going to go there, have She-Hulk go talk to Feige.  An AI robot running the company seems a little too silly, for my taste anyway.

It took me some time to decide if I liked it or not, but after thinking about it I am kind of feeling the same way. If they wanted to do an ending with no big fight, I think I would rather they just do that rather than the whole breaking the fourth wall and talking to the writers/Kevin thing. Especially since they have basically called out how that kind of ending sucks and the next time a Marvel show has a big finale episode battle, even if it works within the story, it's going to look bad.

• Love 1
On 10/25/2022 at 1:42 PM, Raja said:

But while Tony was shown getting his fun it was portrayed as a character flaw. Especially in comparison to Steve Rogers, as the entire Infinity Saga did, where many made the argument that he probably died a virgin because he didn't marry Agent Carter during WWII 

People's mileage will vary, but in the original Iron Man, Tony's playboy ways were not portrayed as a character flaw at all. It was  definitely portrayed that he was cool for being so studly that he could seduce a reporter who was critical of him, that he had slept with most of the Maxim cover models in a given year, that he had flight attendants who would dance around a stripper pole for him and Rhodey. The only pushback he got for his playboy ways was from Pepper, and it was portrayed as at least partial jealousy.

Edited by Chicago Redshirt
  • Love 3

I heard someone say that the She-Hulk series was trying to be Fleabag.  Having recently binge watched Fleabag, I do see a lot of similarities between the two series.  I would be very surprised if I learned that She-Hulk was not influenced by it.