Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
mstaken

Bitterness Thread

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Rafael said:

Plus Sean Douglas was born in the same year as Michael Easton ,who played Tanner during the early 1990s. 

Shawn-Douglas was born in 1987. No way was Michael Easton born in 1987.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Morgan Hollingsworth should have been Anna DiMera's niece . 

Leann Hunley and Kristen Renton had killer chemistry . This was evident when Morgan was hired by Tony DiMera to work at his company . 

Plus Anna has a brother named Brett Fredericks ,who has never appeared on the show but was mentioned a couple of times during the 1989s . 

Morgan could have easily been the daughter of Brett Fredericks . 

Instead of Linden Ashby playing Paul Hollingsworth,Morgan's dad  ,it would have been better if he was playing Brett Fredericks . 

Plus that whole paul hollingsworth saga took place during the infamous Robo-John Black-DiMera saga where John , who was said to be a DiMera , took over DiMera enterprises while Stefano was comatose and went to war with Philip Kiriakis ,CEO of Titan over shipping areas of Salem . 

Infact both of them resorted to bribing Paul to be lenient with their respective import and export shipping in order to gain advantage over each other on behalf of their companies . 

Infact Robo-John kidnapped and held Paul hostage and trying to frame Philip for Paul's dissappearance . Robo John actually wanted people to believe that people wss dead and that Philip might have killed him. 

This storyline would have been better if Brett was the Customs worker instead of Paul.

It would have actually given Anna a storyline where she sorta gets involved as well searching for her brother and even going head to head with John - the man who raised her daughter Carrie  for kidnapping Brett and trying to be like Stefano .  

I also reckon that Will's buddy , Tad "T" Stevens would have been Morgan's brother and Brett's son and Anna's nephew becoming BFF's with Will . 

Edited by Rafael
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Shawn-Douglas was born in 1987. No way was Michael Easton born in 1987.

You must be referring to Michael Keaton's son .He also refers to himself as Sean Douglas. 

There is no way Sean Douglas ,who played Vargas , was born in 1987.

There is also a pic of him posing with James Scott at some award show and the man has shades of grey on his beard . 

I found out about his year of birth on some website which talks about the networth of actors.  They even listed some of his roles and the Vargas role was mentioned and the site mentioned that he was born in 1972 . 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Rafael said:

You must be referring to Michael Keaton's son .He also refers to himself as Sean Douglas. 

There is no way Sean Douglas ,who played Vargas , was born in 1987.

There is also a pic of him posing with James Scott at some award show and the man has shades of grey on his beard . 

I found out about his year of birth on some website which talks about the networth of actors.  They even listed some of his roles and the Vargas role was mentioned and the site mentioned that he was born in 1972 . 

I think we are at cross purposes here. Shawn-Douglas Brady was whom I was referring to! Bo and Hope's son.

Share this post


Link to post

Let me expand abit on Larry Welch terrorising Victor instead of Deimos ,the contrieved retcon . 

Around the time period when Deimos arrived , the show did a storyline where there was a virus outbreak at the hospital .

Paul,John,Marlena,JJ ,Kayla and Gabi were in the hospital and i believe JJ ,Kayla and Paul  contracted the virus 

I believe little Arianna's blood ended up being used to develop anti -bodies to create a vaccine for that unspecified virus   . 

Well ,Before Larry reveals his return to Victor and begins the process of terrorising Victor ,t would have been cool if Larry was behind the viral outbreak . Now where would Larry obtain this weaponised virus? Dont forget that Larry's dad was a communist scientist known as Victor Chorvat . Larry ,while still an ISA asset on the ground ,could have established contact with his daddy's comrades . It can be revealed that those comrades were part of some Soviet Union project to weaponise diseases by making them more potent and use them againt america . 

So larry unleashes this virus at the hospital and then he calls Salem PD and demands he gets in touch with the governor . 

Larry reveals to the governor that he has just unleashed a deadly virus at the hospital and its just a small taste of whats to come if the governor does not pardon him for the kidnapping of Zack Brady ,murdering an ISA agent and posing as that agent as well as for Victor's crimes . Victor blackmailed Larry by revealing that he knew Larry murdered Stefano's daughter Megan and forced Larry to take the fall for Victor's crime syndicate by saying he was the leader of it  which resulted in Steve ,Victor and Savannah Wilder getting off scott-free   .

Larry would also reveal he has a cure but in order to give the people inside the quarantined hospital a cure ,he demands the governor's pardon in writing .

In addition to giving the hospital staff the cure ,Larry would demand that the governor rehabilitate his image by declaring Larry to be the hero and saviour of the Hospital's doctor's and patients . 

Boom ,thats how Larry makes a shocking return and proceeds to do what Deimos was doing to Victor and Maggie .... 

7 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I think we are at cross purposes here. Shawn-Douglas Brady was whom I was referring to! Bo and Hope's son.

LOL. Sean Douglas is the name of the actor who played Vargas ,the ex convict who was Nick Fallon's cellmate . 

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Now most of us here agree that Kassie Depaiva was woefully miscast as Eve Donovan . 

She is way too old to play the role anyway and nobody is going to buy that she is the daughter of Charles Shaunessy . plus Charles is like 7 years older than Kassie . 

I am still baffled as to why TIIC did not cast Kassie as Gwen Davis. 

Gwen was a young lawyer and she was on the canvas for 4 years during the early 1980s plus she dated Eugene Bradford ,Larry Welch and Alex Marshall . 

Gwen ,while in bed with Larry ,heard Larry confess in his sleep that he killed Megan and She told Larry and Larry tried poisoning her and then she promised Larry that she wont tell his secret to  nobody and left Salem . 

The actress Anne Marie Martin,  who played Gwen is 3 years older than Kassie and she is also a blonde like Kassie . Plus Anne Marie Martin has since  retired from acting . 

Gwen could have returned to Salem in 2014 as Salem's new ADA with Justin becoming the DA .

Justin and Gwen dating would make more sense since they would be working together .Plus it was during the same period where Lucas and Adrienne were dating as well. 

I do recall this specific scene where Kassie's faux Eve teamed up with some punk who had a crush on Paige in order to break up Paige and JJ . 

I forgot that Punk's name . 

Infact this Punk's job was to get JJ and some girls  drunk during a frat party and then place JJ on a park bench with some drunk girls lying next to JJ and then this punk would then take photos and send them to Paige 's phone thus creating this impression that JJ is cheating . 

Anyway, This punk tried to take chances and blackmail Eve into giving him money and I liked the way Kassie towered over this punk and gave him that "i will kill you look " and let him have it . Kassie looked quite imposing and intimidating during that scene. She would have been great as Gwen . 

I could totally see Kassie as Gwen Davis interrogating or prosecuting criminals using that stance she used on that punk . 

Now instead of getting that whole JJ/Eve thing , we could have gotten Charlie Jannings /Gwen Davis as a controversial pairing . 

Perhaps Gwen two timing Justin by getting it on with a very young stud . 

Charlie is the son of Pete Jannings , and Pete was married to Melissa Horton so Charlie would be Melissa's ex stepson. Charlie was born onscreen in 1986 to Pete and Ivy Selejko . 

Robert Scott Wilson was born in 1987  and would have been a good casting choice for the role .

Anyway ,they wouldnt just be controversial because of the age difference  but because of Gwen's own history with Pete .

Pete was introduced to the show as a member of a gang . 

Now this gang broke into Gwen's apartment and Pete even tried to rape Gwen .  

And decades later Gwen gets it on with the son of the gang member who tried to rape her....wow ! 

Edited by Rafael

Share this post


Link to post

6 minutes ago, Rafael said:

The actress Anne Marie Martin,  who played Gwen is 3 years older than Kassie and she is also a blonde like Kassie . Plus Anne Marie Martin has since  retired from acting . 

She is probably better known in cult fandom for the mid-'80s TV series/cop spoof, Sledge Hammer!, where she played Det. Dori Doreau to David Rasche's title character.

She was also the ex-wife of ER creator, the late Michael Crichton.

For anyone that has never seen the show and has Decades, apparently, per listings, it will air weekly in the very early morning, Tuesday through Saturday, at 12:30 a.m. ET. So set the DVR if interested.

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Rafael said:

She is way too old to play the role anyway and nobody is going to buy that she is the daughter of Charles Shaunessy . plus Charles is like 7 years older than Kassie . 

Fun trivia: Karen Moncrieff (who played Gabrielle's, Eve mother) is 5 years older than Charlotte Ross.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Fun trivia: Karen Moncrieff (who played Gabrielle's, Eve mother) is 5 years older than Charlotte Ross.

Yeah ,that would mean Kassie Depaiva is 2 years older than Karen Moncrieff which further proves that casting Kassie as Eve was a mistake.  

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Rafael said:

Let me expand abit on Larry Welch terrorising Victor instead of Deimos ,the contrieved retcon . 

Around the time period when Deimos arrived , the show did a storyline where there was a virus outbreak at the hospital .

Paul,John,Marlena,JJ ,Kayla and Gabi were in the hospital and i believe JJ ,Kayla and Paul  contracted the virus 

I believe little Arianna's blood ended up being used to develop anti -bodies to create a vaccine for that unspecified virus   . 

Well ,Before Larry reveals his return to Victor and begins the process of terrorising Victor ,t would have been cool if Larry was behind the viral outbreak . Now where would Larry obtain this weaponised virus? Dont forget that Larry's dad was a communist scientist known as Victor Chorvat . Larry ,while still an ISA asset on the ground ,could have established contact with his daddy's comrades . It can be revealed that those comrades were part of some Soviet Union project to weaponise diseases by making them more potent and use them againt america . 

So larry unleashes this virus at the hospital and then he calls Salem PD and demands he gets in touch with the governor . 

Larry reveals to the governor that he has just unleashed a deadly virus at the hospital and its just a small taste of whats to come if the governor does not pardon him for the kidnapping of Zack Brady ,murdering an ISA agent and posing as that agent as well as for Victor's crimes . Victor blackmailed Larry by revealing that he knew Larry murdered Stefano's daughter Megan and forced Larry to take the fall for Victor's crime syndicate by saying he was the leader of it  which resulted in Steve ,Victor and Savannah Wilder getting off scott-free   .

Larry would also reveal he has a cure but in order to give the people inside the quarantined hospital a cure ,he demands the governor's pardon in writing .

In addition to giving the hospital staff the cure ,Larry would demand that the governor rehabilitate his image by declaring Larry to be the hero and saviour of the Hospital's doctor's and patients . 

Boom ,thats how Larry makes a shocking return and proceeds to do what Deimos was doing to Victor and Maggie .... 

LOL. Sean Douglas is the name of the actor who played Vargas ,the ex convict who was Nick Fallon's cellmate . 

I believe JJ and Gabi both did but JJ gave her the antidote for him because well Ari needed her.  Hard to believe I liked JJ/Gabi as a couple once I can't see it now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Rafael said:

Yeah ,that would mean Kassie Depaiva is 2 years older than Karen Moncrieff which further proves that casting Kassie as Eve was a mistake.  

It depends on the chemistry of the actors involved I mean Bea Arthur was older than Estelle Getty in RL but Sophia/Dorothy were still awesome as mother/daughter on the Golden Girls course it helped that they gave EG older makeup

However I agree about KDP as Eve and that wasn't originally supposed to be the case either they wanted CR back but because it conflicted with Arrow at the time she couldn't do it. So they decided to recast Eve.

I wish CR was Eve I could picture her Eve with JJ. I mean I was one  of the few that liked JJ/Eve I know I wasn't supposed to but they had way more spark with each other than Eve w/ Jack and Paige w/ JJ.  I just think the set up to it could've been way better hell Paige wasn't even needed. JJ/Eve could've banged a few times and then found out after the fact that she was really an enemy of Jennifer's afterwards but still had an attraction to each other. They're both edgy and loved music. He's an old soul in a young body she's a child in an old body.

Jill was the punk kid Eve teamed up with a teen prostitute. Oddly enough I thought JJ had chem with her. 

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

It depends on the chemistry of the actors involved I mean Bea Arthur was older than Estelle Getty in RL but Sophia/Dorothy were still awesome as mother/daughter on the Golden Girls course it helped that they gave EG older makeup

OMG - I never knew that and would never have guessed that in a million years. Mind blown.

But yeh, amongst the many reasons I’ve not found KdP to be a good choice as an Eve recast, ageing her certainly has not helped given Shane was a young father to Eve, and IMO Charlotte Ross looked/looks younger than her age. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, BoldDays said:

OMG - I never knew that and would never have guessed that in a million years. Mind blown.

But yeh, amongst the many reasons I’ve not found KdP to be a good choice as an Eve recast, ageing her certainly has not helped given Shane was a young father to Eve, and IMO Charlotte Ross looked/looks younger than her age. 

Exactly. Charlotte had that babyface which made her look younger than her actual age. 

Share this post


Link to post

Chrishelle Stause Hartley should have been cast as Noelle Curtis ,daughter of Dr Neil Curtis and Sarah Horton's half sister.

Noelle following in the footsteps of her daddy and becoming a doctor is not far fetched. Plus she is genetically neutral with no relation to the Bradys ,Hortons and DiMeras. Could have been a love interest to all the men on the canvas .

James Read should have been cast as Bill Horton .

Edited by Rafael
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I will never understand why TIIC decided to recast the role of Mickey Horton with the late John Ingle . 

Yes ,I know that John Clarke decided to retire . 

However , Instead of killing Maggie off during that Salem Stalker storyline ,I think it would have been better if it was Mickey Horton who died and ended up at Melaswen and dying for real when saving his mum ,Alice Horton . 

John Clarke had played the role forever and i feel that they should have respected him by writing Mickey out. 

Infact John Ingle would have been perfect as Tommy Horton Jr .

Edited by Rafael
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Remember JJ's girlfriend Bev  ? 

she was played by Allison Paige .

i wonder why They did not consider perhaps casting her as Hannah Wales , the daughter of Sally Wales. Sally was played by Nancy Sloan ,who played Katie Logan on and off for years before Heather Tom too over the role permanently .

plus Allison Paige was born in 1989 . 

Anyway ,Sally was a homeless pregnant teen who had held people at gunpoint at the Brady Fish Market so that she could be arrested and have her child in prison. 

Mickey Horton prosecuted her and she ended up sentenced to 10 years in jail .

But  she did give birth to a daughter delivered by Dr Neil Curtis .

the daughter's name is Hannah Wales . 

she does definitely have potential as a trouble making delinquent seeing that her mummy would be in jail for the first 10 years of her life . 

perhaps she would have been a bit of a bad influence on JJ and even becoming BFF's with a fellow delinquent like Theresa Donovan. 

plus the character could have showed up at the Brady Pub one day asking Caroline for a waitress  job and later on when Caroline asks John  to do a backround check on her since her surname sounds familiar  ,he discovers that she is the daughter of Sally Wales ,the teen mum who held Shawn and Caroline's Brady Fishmarket at gun point many years ago . 

that was also the time John thought he was Roman Brady so it does make sense for Caroline to ask John to do some backround check on Hannah.  

The show has such a rich history and as usual ,they dont want to use it. 

this is so frustrating !! Ugh!! 

Edited by Rafael

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Rafael said:

Remember JJ's girlfriend Bev  ? 

she was played by Allison Paige .

i wonder why They did not consider perhaps casting her as Hannah Wales , the daughter of Sally Wales. Sally was played by Nancy Sloan ,who played Katie Logan on and off for years before Heather Tom too over the role permanently .

plus Allison Paige was born in 1989 . 

Anyway ,Sally was a homeless pregnant teen who had held people at gunpoint at the Brady Fish Market so that she could be arrested and have her child in prison. 

Mickey Horton prosecuted her and she ended up sentenced to 10 years in jail .

But  she did give birth to a daughter delivered by Dr Neil Curtis .

the daughter's name is Hannah Wales

she does definitely have potential as a trouble making delinquent seeing that her mummy would be in jail for the first 10 years of her life . 

perhaps she would have been a bit of a bad influence on JJ and even becoming BFF's with a fellow delinquent like Theresa Donovan. 

plus the character could have showed up at the Brady Pub one day asking Caroline for a waitress  job and later on when Caroline asks John  to do a backround check on her since her surname sounds familiar  ,he discovers that she is the daughter of Sally Wales ,the teen mum who held Shawn and Caroline's Brady Fishmarket at gun point many years ago . 

that was also the time John thought he was Roman Brady so it does make sense for Caroline to ask John to do some backround check on Hannah.  

The show has such a rich history and as usual ,they dont want to use it. 

this is so frustrating !! Ugh!! 

But this character is so obscure and a lot of history, fictional and real, is a dead end.  For most viewers, she'd be a new character anyway.  Some characters are one-offs, no need to always bring in a character with a Salem past, there's too much of that as it is, IMHO.

As for Bev, she was never anything more than a plot point, a physical manifestation of Paige's conscience and common sense.  She was like that woman that hung around with Rory, useful in a plot but otherwise, not meant to be fully fleshed.

Myself, I couldn't bear it if every new character turned out to be some bit player from a long ago storyline.

Edited by boes
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, boes said:

But this character is so obscure and a lot of history, fictional and real, is a dead end.  For most viewers, she'd be a new character anyway.  Some characters are one-offs, no need to always bring in a character with a Salem past, there's too much of that as it is, IMHO.

Myself, I couldn't bear it if every new character turned out to be some bit player from a long ago storyline.

But it makes it easier to re-introduce the characters to the audience when they have some sort of history with the main characters on the canvas . 

Look at the way TIIC have gone about introducing Paige ,Paul,Melanie,Daniel,Summer ,Stefan,Quinn Hudson, Tripp and Cameron.

Was it really necessary for all these characters to be long lost children of established characters like John ,Steve ,Carly,Maggie  ,Celeste and Vivian ? 

They were so lazy and didnt even want to make any effort to give these actors a worthy new and standalone character. In order to make their characters relevant ,they simply made them long lost kids of established characters .  

Unlike these writers ,atleast I have the decency to use the show's history because there are far more stories to mine there .

it is easier to establish a character's backstory instead of just shoe horning the new character on the canvas and making them long lost children of established characters, which is pure laziness by TIIC . 

The show has shown recently that it is completely incapable of actually creating original characters and making these characters appealing to the audience . The show simply has no luxury to introduce these newbie loser characters you crave for because the writers are simply not capable of creating compelling newbies who got no past or roots in Salem .

All these newbies like ,Daniel ,Summer ,Cameron ,Tripp etc are collosal failures and non of them are fan favourites. All because the writers are too pathetic and lazy to write and develop these characters ,so in order to "develop" them ,they just make them long lost children. 

She might be obscure yes but crucially ,she is genetically neutral. She could easily be a potential love interest for DiMera ,Horton and Brady males . 

Are you telling me that you find it difficult to process a character's historical ties to Salem ? 

So its better they ignore that Melissa Horton exists and rather introduce Summer Townsend as Maggie's long lost daughter ? 

Are you kidding me ? 

Edited by Rafael

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, Rafael said:

Chrishelle Stause Hartley should have been cast as Noelle Curtis ,daughter of Dr Neil Curtis and Sarah Horton's half sister.

Actually I think they should have cast Linsey Godfrey as Noelle.  She's one of the rare "victims" of reverse SORASing.  I clearly remember that at some point she was the same age as Carrie when they were trying to get parts in a movie or something.  And Linsdey is about 15 years or so younger than Christie Clark. It's weird to me. 

Of course I also find it weird that EJ and Sami are close to the same age considering that I'm pretty sure Will was born before him.  And I find it weird that Brady is older than Shawn.  And that Belle and Shawn are the same age, since Sami and Shawn were born fairly close together and Sami was old enough to kidnap baby Belle.  And how Belle said that Sami threatened her when they were playing Barbie, something about if she got married before her.  Really?  When were they playing Barbies together.  Sami is 15 or 16 years older.  That would be a really weird thing for a 20 year old to worry about when playing with her 5 year old sister. 

I hate SORASing with a passion.  Especially when it is not done with any sort of reasonable ratio. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I wish EJ wasn’t a rapist. I didn’t watch the show when this occurred, so it’s easier for me to enjoy him. But I’ve read all about it on the forum. 

I wish Ben wasn’t a serial killer.

I’m also not a fan of them messing with the ages of the characters as often as they do. 

I wish Belle and Shawn weren’t made such young parents. IRL, Kirsten Storms and Olivia Rose Keegan are only 16 years apart. I loved the Belle, Shawn, Philip, and Chloe era. I wished it last longer. I don’t mind young parents here and there, but I love the drama of young, single childless people. 

I wish they didn’t write Claire the way they did this last year. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post


 

41 minutes ago, boes said:

But this character is so obscure and a lot of history, fictional and real, is a dead end. 

For most viewers, she'd be a new character anyway.  Some characters are one-offs, no need to always bring in a character with a Salem past, there's too much of that as it is, IMHO.

Myself, I couldn't bear it if every new character turned out to be some bit player from a long ago storyline.

And these characters are 10 million % better than the likes of Daniel Jonas ,Summer Townsend ,Tripp , Stefan ,Quinn Hudson. etc 

The show's history is a dead end how ? How exactly ?

Are you saying Victor and Kimberly should suddenly become besties in the present because their history is a dead end ? 

The show has hit a creative dead end and that is a fact. That is why it is last in the ratings . 

Character-based storylines and storylines rooted in the show's history is the only direction left to go now .

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Actually I think they should have cast Linsey Godfrey as Noelle.  She's one of the rare "victims" of reverse SORASing.  

Noelle was born onscreen in 1983.

Chrishelle Stause was born in 1981. 

Chrishelle would have been perfect as Noelle and Noelle would have been one of the few characters to actually age naturally .

Instead of Noelle ,we ended up with that whole Clyde /Ben /Jordan nonsense. 

They Ripped off the Curtis Reed /Austin Reed/Billie Reed storylines and backround and then recreated it for the useless Westen family . 

Instead of Jordan, Id much rather have Noelle following in the footsteps of her dad ,Dr Neil Curtis ,and becoming a doctor .

 Lynsey Godfrey should have been Stephanie Johnson returning to Salem to be with Kayla especially with Joey in jail and Steve being gone. It would have made sense . But no ,we get faux Sarah who left Salem as a 17 year old in 1991 returning nearly 30 years later played by an actress born in 1988. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I wish EJ wasn’t a rapist. I didn’t watch the show when this occurred, so it’s easier for me to enjoy him. But I’ve read all about it on the forum. 

I wish Ben wasn’t a serial killer.

I’m also not a fan of them messing with the ages of the characters as often as they do. 

I wish Belle and Shawn weren’t made such young parents. IRL, Kirsten Storms and Olivia Rose Keegan are only 16 years apart. I loved the Belle, Shawn, Philip, and Chloe era. I wished it last longer. I don’t mind young parents here and there, but I love the drama of young, single childless people. 

I wish they didn’t write Claire the way they did this last year. 

The problem with Ben was that he was a poor man's Austin Reed when he was good. 

Being a serial killer actually helped the character be memorable somewhat .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Rafael said:

The problem with Ben was that he was a poor man's Austin Reed when he was good. 

Being a serial killer actually helped the character be memorable somewhat .

I think they could have made him more interesting as a good guy, or they could have made him a bad guy without it getting as dark as it did.

Days doesn’t seem to take rapists and serial killers seriously. A serial killer will never be “one of the good guys.”

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Rafael said:

The problem with Ben was that he was a poor man's Austin Reed when he was good. 

Being a serial killer actually helped the character be memorable somewhat . 

Yeah, but why is everybody just OK with that?  I mean he killed Paige, Serena, and Will. I'm not sure how the law views murder when the victim is brought back to life by a mad scientist days later.  And he was in jail for a year or two tops.  And Rafe is making secret deals with him to see Jordan's baby as soon as he is granted custody?  I'm actually kind of finding it hard to find fault with Eve's logic, even though I do know that two wrongs don't make a right.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, boes said:

As for Bev, she was never anything more than a plot point, a physical manifestation of Paige's conscience and common sense.  She was like that woman that hung around with Rory, useful in a plot but otherwise, not meant to be fully fleshed.

Bev was just a side character much like Rory not really anything to do with Paige although its a shame they never took her seriously JJ might've been in a better place character wise had she stuck around.

Especially since they got rid of her for nothing. They ended up killing Paige off shortly after.  She didn't need to be tied to anyone in Salem she could've just been new blood and with good writers and development could've stood on her own but that requires too much effort. Hell Paige didn't even need to exist they could've made Bev, Eve's daughter instead if they wanted to tie her to someone.

However Theresa/Bev wouldn't be friends despite JL looking young for her age Theresa is a decade older than them.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Bev was just a side character much like Rory not really anything to do with Paige although its a shame they never took her seriously JJ might've been in a better place character wise had she stuck around.

Especially since they got rid of her for nothing. They ended up killing Paige off shortly after.  She didn't need to be tied to anyone in Salem she could've just been new blood and with good writers and development could've stood on her own but that requires too much effort. Hell Paige didn't even need to exist they could've made Bev, Eve's daughter instead if they wanted to tie her to someone.

However Theresa/Bev wouldn't be friends despite JL looking young for her age Theresa is a decade older than them.

Yeah ,Hannah Wales would have been new blood .

She has no relation to any core family on the canvas 

Infact ,lets face it JJ's teen set was disastrous hence why they SORAS'd Ciara and Theo and Joey . JJ's set would have improved significantly if it included the likes of Benjamin Reardon Carver , Joy Wesley ,JT Reiber ,Hannah Wales and JT's sibling .

Edited by Rafael
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I find it amazing that Lani and Marlena dont really interact at all . 

Afterall Lani's mum ,Tamara Price , , was Marlena's college roommate .

Tamara also sang at John and Marlena's first wedding . 

I find it utterly bizarre that Marlena does not really give a sh!t about Lani nor have I ever seen them sharing scenes . 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Katy M said:

Yeah, but why is everybody just OK with that?  I mean he killed Paige, Serena, and Will. I'm not sure how the law views murder when the victim is brought back to life by a mad scientist days later.  And he was in jail for a year or two tops.  And Rafe is making secret deals with him to see Jordan's baby as soon as he is granted custody?  I'm actually kind of finding it hard to find fault with Eve's logic, even though I do know that two wrongs don't make a right.

He also killed Wendy the midwife.

But Ben was never in jail.  He was in a mental hospital.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

He also killed Wendy the midwife.

But Ben was never in jail.  He was in a mental hospital.

Well, I knew he was somewhere.  It still doesn't explain why everybody is just OK with him.  I wouldn't be. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I’m bitter about Paige. She was young, innocent, and a good person who got hurt over and over by the people she loved most. Then she was murdered for no reason, so sad.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I’m bitter about Paige. She was young, innocent, and a good person who got hurt over and over by the people she loved most. Then she was murdered for no reason, so sad.

I wish they recasted Paige I might've liked her more. Although they don't really care for writing good girl nor know how to write interesting ones anymore(yet old Days used to do that so well go figure) so she was probably doomed to fail regardless of actress. I mean lets face it what nice characters on this show get a good ending?

I think the idea of Paige was good but not the execution so to speak. In retrospect I appreciated her for actually having goals in life that didn't involve just snagging a guy she also had a relationship with her mom we got to see and a best friend too. They developed her better than they did Ciara and Claire after they were SORASed who would've guessed?

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I wish they recasted Paige I might've liked her more. Although they don't really care for writing good girl nor know how to write interesting ones anymore(yet old Days used to do that so well go figure) so she was probably doomed to fail regardless of actress. 

I think the idea of Paige was good but not the execution so to speak. In retrospect I appreciated her for actually having goals in life that didn't involve just snagging a guy she also had a relationship with her mom we got to see and a best friend too. They developed her better than they did Ciara and Claire after they were SORASed who would've guessed?

Aw I liked the actress who played her. I thought she was adorable and played the nice girl well. She also had chemistry with Casey Moss, which would make sense as they became a couple. 

I agree it was nice she did more than obsess over a boy. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Rafael said:

I find it amazing that Lani and Marlena dont really interact at all . 

Afterall Lani's mum ,Tamara Price , , was Marlena's college roommate .

Tamara also sang at John and Marlena's first wedding . 

I find it utterly bizarre that Marlena does not really give a sh!t about Lani nor have I ever seen them sharing scenes . 

They did in the beginning when Marlena said that Lani reminded her of Tamara but it was probably the only scene they had.

16 hours ago, Rafael said:

Yeah ,Hannah Wales would have been new blood .

She has no relation to any core family on the canvas 

Infact ,lets face it JJ's teen set was disastrous hence why they SORAS'd Ciara and Theo and Joey . JJ's set would have improved significantly if it included the likes of Benjamin Reardon Carver , Joy Wesley ,JT Reiber ,Hannah Wales and JT's sibling .

Honestly I had no idea who this chick was until I saw your description of the character not sure Days would've gone through that trouble I wouldn't have minded though. 

Theo was born before JJ so he really should be older than him but I digress. JJ's too old soul for a teen set he works best with the vets well Casey does at least.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Aw I liked the actress who played her. I thought she was adorable and played the nice girl well. She also had chemistry with Casey Moss, which would make sense as they became a couple. 

I agree it was nice she did more than obsess over a boy. 

I didn't and strangely enough I didn't think they had chemistry at least any that translated on screen(maybe that's what the show was banking on). Which is strange but I guess it varies Doug/Julie have chem on and off screen same with Lawrence/Carly but with them it didn't spark with me probably because of how the characters were. Paige was every bit the naive schoolgirl and JJ was an old soul James Dean type who needs a feisty chick to offset him and she wasn't that. Its usually the case when a couple gets together in RL they're chem free on screen but there are exceptions.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

10 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

^ Oh I could see JJ as that James Dean type. Sometimes that naive schoolgirl is a nice contrast to a bad boy though. 

It wasn't here I get what the show is trying to do as they are not original with the bad boy/good girl trope or the bad girl/good guy trope for that matter. I usually like the former more than the latter on this show.  

I just think JJ sparks better with chicks that have an attitude(Eve, Bev, Roxanne) than those who are passive like Paige. Hell even he had more chem with Theresa and I loathe her(but I wouldn't want them to ever be a couple because I can't picture it even if I liked her). I'll say killing off Paige began JJ's descent into the terrible character he's become today. I mean it makes me mad they got rid of Bev and Roxanne for no reason if they were going to off Paige the entire time. It threw off his trajectory with the show ever since they try to find a place for him and it doesn't really fit which is a shame because it shouldn't be that hard to write for him.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

It wasn't here I get what the show is trying to do as they are not original with the bad boy/good girl trope or the bad girl/good guy trope for that matter. I usually like the former more than the latter on this show.  

I just think JJ sparks better with chicks that have an attitude(Eve, Bev, Roxanne) than those who are passive like Paige. Hell even he had more chem with Theresa and I loathe her(but I wouldn't want them to ever be a couple because I can't picture it even if I liked her). I'll say killing off Paige began JJ's descent into the terrible character he's become today. I mean it makes me mad they got rid of Bev and Roxanne for no reason if they were going to off Paige the entire time. It threw off his trajectory with the show ever since they try to find a place for him and it doesn't really fit which is a shame because it shouldn't be that hard to write for him.

I typically enjoy bad boy/good girl because it reflects my own life more...

I’ve been there when I fell for a guy who’d gotten into trouble, been with a lot of girls, wasn’t responsible, and I was the opposite. 

I like the idea of JJ with the softened Theresa. Remember when he walked in on her breaking down at the church? I also like him with Gabi. I think because Casey Moss is so cute, I like him with the pretty girl type. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I typically enjoy bad boy/good girl because it reflects my own life more...

I’ve been there when I fell for a guy who’d gotten into trouble, been with a lot of girls, wasn’t responsible, and I was the opposite. 

I like the idea of JJ with the softened Theresa. Remember when he walked in on her breaking down at the church? I also like him with Gabi. I think because Casey Moss is so cute, I like him with the pretty girl type. 

If they chem/story is there I'd like it too but in JJ/Paige's case to me it wasn't. 

Yeah that's the thing JJ and Theresa were more interesting when they were both bad. A defanged Theresa and a neutered JJ isn't the way to go here and in this case neutered  JJ would be the good guy to Theresa who would be the bad girl in this scenario.

I don't think there's one good guy/bad girl scenario on this show that I have ever liked. Its all the same: Bad girl does bad things good guy knows this gets involved with her anyways. Then bad girl does bad things and good guy acts all shocked over it yet had no issue when he wasn't on the receiving end. He's all judgmental and sanctimonious never accepting the flawed individual he wanted in the first place. Only wants her if she fits his ideal not who she really is. This would be no different and Theresa doesn't even want him like that never really did.  Hard. Pass. Maybe if I didn't want to shove her head onto concrete everytime I saw her face I'd feel different but alas...

I didn't mind him with Gabi but she was never going to love him anymore than Theresa would plus she'd want Chad I mean if it were Eli that's one thing but to be second choice to Chad talk about insulting.... So yeah I can't go for JJ/Gabi again both have changed drastically from how they were when they got together its no longer palatable. So glad the show pretends they don't know each other I wish JJ/Lani had the same treatment.

Edited by CanaryFan98

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I didn't mind him with Gabi but she was never going to love him anymore than Theresa would plus she'd want Chad I mean if it were Eli that's one thing but to be second choice to Chad talk about insulting.... So yeah I can't go for JJ/Gabi again both have changed drastically from how they were when they got together its no longer palatable. So glad the show pretends they don't know each other I wish JJ/Lani had the same treatment.

It is not out of the realm of possibility that JJ/Theresa could still happen, especially is she comes back to town and Haley's in the middle of a PTSD psychotic moment--watching her flail around is going to get boring real quick and I could see JJ losing patience with Haley's histrionics.

 JJ/Gabi were a sweet couple and then his cheating happened and ruined things but the chemistry is still there and they are also not out of the realm of possibilities.  They would have to get past Gabi's gaslighting Abby but a well plotted story could get us there and honestly, Gabi's been over Chad since before she was railroaded into jail.  Stefan could also have turned into an obstacle which could have proven to be an interesting triangle. 

So yes, JJ would have a happier romantic life he had a better woman to be in love with, which brings me to my personal bitterness:  I hate that Haley and Ciara are supposed to be the show's young heroines.  Neither of these two chicks projects any sort of strength or bravery--we need another girl to root for STAT!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

So yes, JJ would have a happier romantic life he had a better woman to be in love with, which brings me to my personal bitterness:  I hate that Haley and Ciara are supposed to be the show's young heroines.  Neither of these two chicks projects any sort of strength or bravery--we need another girl to root for STAT!

YES!  I dislike those two intensely and I don't see that changing, since Show seems to think they're both perfect the way they are.

I'd love to see Stephanie come back, and this time, unattached and a woman to be reckoned with, much like her mother.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

It is not out of the realm of possibility that JJ/Theresa could still happen, especially is she comes back to town and Haley's in the middle of a PTSD psychotic moment--watching her flail around is going to get boring real quick and I could see JJ losing patience with Haley's histrionics.

 JJ/Gabi were a sweet couple and then his cheating happened and ruined things but the chemistry is still there and they are also not out of the realm of possibilities.  They would have to get past Gabi's gaslighting Abby but a well plotted story could get us there and honestly, Gabi's been over Chad since before she was railroaded into jail.  Stefan could also have turned into an obstacle which could have proven to be an interesting triangle. 

So yes, JJ would have a happier romantic life he had a better woman to be in love with, which brings me to my personal bitterness:  I hate that Haley and Ciara are supposed to be the show's young heroines.  Neither of these two chicks projects any sort of strength or bravery--we need another girl to root for STAT!

Except Days is on its last legs and JL doesn't want to return full time they could recast Theresa but they don't seem interested(fortunately as I'm not sure a recast could get me to like her either) plus if JL/Theresa came back she'd be paired with Brady anyways because they share the kid. JL didn't want JJ/Theresa to begin with the first time around her claiming she'd be cool with it now is just lip service since she knows she's not sticking around. Plus JJ doesn't seem to have anything bother him (except Jack/Eve) so I really think they're going to have him not be that upset with Haley over anything even though I wish he would.

See the JJ/Gabi thing bugs me for that he talks about how he doesn't remember the whole thing with Lani in the first place and it was super sketchy how he doesn't remember it happening but she got mad at him over it. I mean really consent was questionable to say the least. I thought they were going with the she drugged him storyline but nope and then they paired them up afterwards acting like it was no big deal that he had no memory of the whole thing. I just think if the roles were reversed if Lani talked about how she didn't remember and JJ was mad at her over it then got paired afterwards we'd talk about what a creep JJ was over it.... Plus Gabi was never into him either she wanted Chad the whole time that whole thing gave her an out to go after his brother in law. So no thanks. I do think the actors have chem but it wouldn't work the characters are in such different places, she'll never love him back and the show would never have him betray Abby like that either he's not Eric he actually has sibling loyalty even if Abby isn't worthy of it.  She'd go after Chad again if he returns hell her lame plan was about raising Abby's kids with Chad in the first place and having a life with him.  Gabi is better suited with Stefan just develop them better that's all.  

I really don't care about him having a happy romantic life that's a ticket to doom on a soap especially one that can't write relationships like they used to. I want him to be the edgy bad boy he used to be and get laid with occasional moments of decency. Hell he could've reignited his affair w/ Eve again while she's married to his father after they teamed up to make Ben suffer such an easy soapy story to write and yet we get this instead...

I agree Haley and Ciara suck as heroines but honestly the show doesn't know how to write for heroines or heroes either because only the villains matter they're the ones that get the focus, etc. The heroes are written to be one note with no personality,edge etc. Hope, Jennifer etc were good girls but they also had personalities and an existence that wasn't about their man of the moment. Sad that women were more progressive back then than now.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Bo's disappearance and kidnapping. 

Hope not bothering to quit her job and search for Bo . Instead she had contrieved resentment towards Bo for "abandoning" her and she was excited to sample Aiden and she even nearly married him . When Bo returned ,all of a sudden Hope remembered that Bo is the love of her life . 

That was nonsensical . 

It would have been better if Hope ,Steve and John went on some adventure to search for Bo only for Bo to "die" in an explosion at some warehouse where he got held as a hostage and everybody assuming he is dead and yet Hope retains hope that Bo could still be alive. I still maintain that Hope should have remained single and simply flirt and perhaps smooch Daniel Cosgrove but not take it further because she believed Bo is still alive and will return to her.

Hope being eager to believe that Bo abandoned her and not actually bothering to search for him was contrieved as it gets.

Instead of that whole Yo Ling crap and Deimos Kiriakis kidnapping Bo , it would have been better if the kidnapper was Milo "Orpheus" Harp . 

Orpheus being Bo's kidnapper would have worked since Bo is Roman's brother and torturing him would be the best way of getting back at Roman for killing his wife .

Then perhaps  Hope ,Steve ,John ,Nico(Victor's prominent goon) and Billie (who managed to locate Bo ) launch a rescue mission to save Bo and eventually locate him .

During their rescue attempt Steve and John are shocked when they see their old enemy ,Orpheus ,alive and well .  

They are then captured and subdued . 

Orpheus pretty much reveals that his boss suffers from the same type of alzeimers Caroline is suffering from and he demands to know from Bo where he hid the potential cure.

Then the boss is later revealed to be Marina Toscano ,daughter of Ernesto Toscano . Marina is also Steve's ex wife .

Marina confirms she survived her fight with Isabella but was happy to play dead so Steve's wife Kayla would suffer in jail for supposedly murdering Kayla . Then Marina reveals Ernesto is truly dead and she recovered his corpse after the cruise of deception storyline . 

Marina further reveals she was behind Jack Devereaux's 2010 kidnapping and that Marina became a top opium and gun smuggler and during the 1990s Orpheus volunteered to work for her as her goon. 

Then the rescue gang escapes and are pursued by Orpheus all the way to Salem until Shane Donovan and Roman mange to apprehend Orpheus and send him to jail .

Marina would simply vanish and when Bo goes to get the cure he obtained , Steve shoots her out of self defence and kills her . 

Hunter Tylo played Marina . plus Hunter had left B&B in 2015 so her returning as Marina for a short stint would have been easy to manage. 

Plus having one of the most recognised faces in the soapie world would have made the show's 50th anniversary extra epic. 

Plus Hunter could have fun being a baddie again . 

Orpheus being caught this way would have made his appearance during the Prison break storyline more plausible . 

Share this post


Link to post

Still bitter over  the show's 50th anniversary .

Would it have hurt to have a scene at the Brady pub where Doug ,Julie ,Maggie ,Marlena and Caroline are watching the tv and it depicts Don Craig being inagurated as the governor of Illinois . 

That would have been decent closure for a character who just vanished after going to fetch a mail from the post office .

Edited by Rafael
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Rafael said:

Still bitter over  the show's 50th anniversary .

Would it have hurt to have a scene at the Brady pub where Doug ,Julie ,Maggie ,Marlena and Caroline are watching the tv and it depicts Don Craig being inagurated as the governor of Illinois . 

That would have been decent closure for a character who just vanished after going to fetch a mail from the post office .

But then, since it's Illinois, he would have been under indictment and in jail within a couple of months.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

As bad a send off as Don's exit was from the show in retrospect it was probably better than a lot of the other exits on this show by characters... Plus he wasn't damaged from his original glory like everyone else has been.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Um...not lately.

Hahaha!  You win the internet!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I remember how the show spent 2 years subjecting us to that Santo DiMera/Colleen Brady "epic" love affair during that Brady /DiMera vendetta storyline ,which would have been a total disaster if it wasnt for Thaao Penglis 's Andre DiMera and Sami and Celeste attempting to murder EJ . 

AND then after all that  they revealed that John is the son of Santo and Colleen . 

And then they threw this storyline out the window when they had Hope randomly going to the Kiriakis mansion to inform Brady that John found out that he was not Colleen and Santo's son afterall and they did this just so they can pair Brady and Theresa . 

Brady and Theresa dont even really have chemistry or heat .It makes me wonder why they were so eager to pair them up .  i think Brady /Melanie pairing was better . . 

Edited by Rafael
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size