Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
mstaken

Bitterness Thread

Recommended Posts

On 8/3/2020 at 11:26 PM, Rafael said:

Blake Berris was the show's best millenial actor and easily the best part of Hogan Sheffer's tenure  . What was the point in killing him off anyway since Gabi is out of jail and galavanting all over salem and constantly plotting to hurt people ? Why couldnt Nick just get shot and end up being paralysed and leaving salem to recuperate at the Springfield hospital where Mike Horton works or at Baltimore where Nathan Horton is at . Honestly ,I just dont get how you would treat a character played by the best actor in the millenial age group  like he was nothing .

 

Common sense dictates that if the character is played a pretty great actor ,you leave his fate open ended so he could return . Heck, perhaps they could have also cast Brock Kelly as Nick Fallon if Blake Berris didnt want to return. 

There was still plenty of storry to be told with regards to Nick. 

I agree.  Blake Berris was really good in the role.  I wish Show hadn't made him so utterly awful, but there's always a way back from that, as we've seen with so many other characters.  It might not work for all viewers with every character, but it sure has with others.

His (deserved) murder gave good story for a while, but it also ended a legacy character and virtually extinguished a whole line of the Horton family.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, boes said:

I agree.  Blake Berris was really good in the role.  I wish Show hadn't made him so utterly awful, but there's always a way back from that, as we've seen with so many other characters.  It might not work for all viewers with every character, but it sure has with others.

His (deserved) murder gave good story for a while, but it also ended a legacy character and virtually extinguished a whole line of the Horton family.  

I wouldnt have minded Nick being the quasi black sheep of House Horton with only Julie ,Marie Horton and perhaps Jeremy Horton sticking up for him.

Plus I kinda liked his budding friendship with Jeremy Horton before Trevor Donovan got fired. Bare in mind that in the beginning Nick was jealous over Jeremy being fawned over by Hope ,Julie and Maggie . 

On 8/4/2020 at 7:36 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Blake chose to leave the show and I heard he wanted to be killed off. 

Regardless while I liked Nick and thought BB was great I am ok with him being killed off I shudder to think how he would've fared had he lived.

Damn. Thats a bummer. I didnt know he wanted to leave on his own accord.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

They even teased a Nick and Theresa Pairing towards the end of his tenure.

Edited by Rafael
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Yes BB wanted to do other things mostly BTS so he's been fairly good there.

I do agree it was short sighted for them getting rid of Nick (they could've recasted) but as I've said many times Horton males are doomed on this show. They are better off being offscreen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yes BB wanted to do other things mostly BTS so he's been fairly good there.

I do agree it was short sighted for them getting rid of Nick (they could've recasted) but as I've said many times Horton males are doomed on this show. They are better off being offscreen.

Horton men have not fared well. Mickey, Bill and others have all been thrown under the bus...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/7/2020 at 5:13 AM, Pearson80 said:

Horton men have not fared well. Mickey, Bill and others have all been thrown under the bus...

You forgot about Jeremy Horton. Him being an eager DiMera goon made zero sense given what they were doing to his grandma laura during the 1990s . Plus Peter was terrorising Jack and Jen ,Jeremy's uncle and aunt . Not to mention stefano blackmailing mike just before the demon possesion saga. And ofcourse the melaswen debacle where his great grandma Alice and Quasi Grandma Maggie were kidnapped . I just couldnt buy that- him being a DiMera goon I mean .

 

Anyway,here is  Jeremy wishing the show a happy 50th anniversary.

 

 

Edited by Rafael
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

 

On 8/7/2020 at 1:12 AM, CanaryFan98 said:

Yes BB wanted to do other things mostly BTS so he's been fairly good there.

I do agree it was short sighted for them getting rid of Nick (they could've recasted) but as I've said many times Horton males are doomed on this show. They are better off being offscreen.

I think they could have recasted the role of Nick Fallon with Brock Kelly. Both Brock and Blake Berris are of similar age and similar height plus their facial features were close to being similar. 

I know i have been vocal in the past saying perhaps Evan could have been Eugene and Calliope's son returning to salem to sue for custody of Jordan's baby and it would've been a hoot seeing Calliope and Eugene returning to support their sons custody bid but I think this particular story would have had meat to it for atleast 4 months and wouldnt have had much longer repercussion. The only milleage we would have gotten out of this is seeing Eugene and Calliope again but this would have been short term storyline.

I think if Nick Fallon returning and this time played by Brock Kelly would have been a huge shock plus him being Jordan's baby daddy would have been extra shocking . 

They could simply explain that Nick faked his death and that he was wearing bulletproof vest littered with fake blood when Gabi shot him because prior to that he knew he was a dead man walking given that Kate ,Gabi,Sami and EJ wanted him dead . Plus he could have received a tip off from grandpa Alex Marshall ,a former DiMera goon who still has contacts within the DiMera organisation that EJ had put a hit out on Nick . Remember when Sami and EJ were in bed and in the  throes of passion Sami made it clear to EJ that she wanted Nick gone. Nick would have been paranoid after his granddad warned him that EJ has put a hit out on him and began wearing body armour and devised a plan to fake his death given that he had pretty much become the town pariah at that point. 

He enlisted cousin Jeremy Horton (offscreen ofcourse) and the rich Sudanese parents of Artemis and Demarquette ,the black boys who were in Nick's custody after his concussiom induced las vegas  quickie wedding to that black woman Cassandra Arvin ,   to carry out this plan  .

And finally ,he enlisted the help of Billie Reed (ofscreen ) to fake his death. Nick had a one night stand with Billie ans she happens to be Chelsea's mum and Billie helps him out because of how much Nick means to Chelsea and his bff plus Chelsea's man ,Max Brady. 

Anyway ,Nick gets shot and one of the paramedics ( paid by Billie using her ISA status) injects him with a drug which simulates death and Nick is sent to the morgue and then cousin Jeremy showed up in Salem that time offscreen and smuggles Nick's unconscious body out of Salem .

 

Why not? Jeremy has experience with this sort of thing since he ran the DiMera's human trafficking ring using that touch the sky airline as cover . 

Nick uses his computer skills to check every morgue so they can find a corpse to take his place and Billie uses her ISA and Salem PD credentials to  find out about the latest deaths around salem . She then finds out that some bank robbers were killed in Chicago during a shootout with the cops and one of them manages to match Nick Fallon's physical description and Jeremy uses his smuggling skills to steal the dead robber's corpse from a morgue in Chicago ,with Billie's help ofcourse , and manages to bring the corpse back to the salem morgue before Nick's funeral . Billie ,via Jeremy's suggestion , enlists the service of a plastic surgeon buddy of  Mike Horton , and asks him to do plastic surgery on the corpse to make the corpse look like Nick . She could lie and say it is the ISA /CIA sending somebody into witness protection programme so that persons death is going to be faked. 

Nick is smuggled out and thanks Jeremy and Billie for helping him fake his death and leaves to start a new life perhaps in New England or something like it.

Nick then leaves for New York and  reaqquaintes himself with Artemis and Demarquette (now teens ) and we find out their rich rich sudanese parents opened a couple of businesses and even financed a hospital in New York and out of grattitude for Nick saving their sons lives years before  ,they decide to employ him at one of these business  ventures and Nick starts his life all over again far from salem and under the new alias .

Then somewhere Nick hooked up with Jordan and she got pregnant . Afterall, we were told that Jordan left salem for New York city . See that ?the stars align perfectly . 

I can see Nick just informing his parents months later after Nick's death that he is still alive and Billie will probably inform Chelsea and Max . They would agree to keep quiet in order to protect Nick from EJ's goons. 

After finding out that Jordan got pregnant and left New York for Salem ,Nick then decides to go after her and reveal to the people of salem that he is still alive and get his baby. When everybody asks how he is still alive and why shouldnt he be arrested for fraud and faking his death ,he would simply retort that they must ask Sami since her now zombie husband EJ put a hit out on him and that his granddad Alex Marshall can confirm this  but that out of the goodness of his heart ,he wouldnt want to charge the now zombie EJ for trying to kill him. Easy as pie. Rafe vs Nick for baby David would have been far more riveting given what Nick put Gabi through . It would have had alot of meat to it .

See that ? Unlike some writers ,I try my best to incorporate as much history of the character as I can instead of using Rolfs magic potion for explaining how a character is still alive.

Still bitter that Nick got killed off even though his resurrection is simply easy enough to pull off given his character history.  

But then again this is a show that has a rich history but TIIC dont want to use this history whatsoever. 

Blake_Berris.png

Brockkelly.jpg

Edited by Rafael
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I honestly don't mind that Nick was disposed of. He had a good run on the show, but Blake never looked like he really fit in with the cast. It's strange how some actors ability and physical appearance seems to make them click within the world of the soap that appear in, and others don't. For instance, I never felt like Vincent I as Deimos fit into the world of Days of Our Lives. He felt like an actor from another soap. I felt the same way about Kassie as Eve, and still do. I never felt like Rafe belonged in Salem either. He always felt like that guy from Passions.

It helps if the writing is good though, of course...but some people can be added to the show and feel like they've been there the whole time and are seamless additions, while others feel forced.

I have to say that I think Olivia Rose Keegan and Victoria K have worked well within the cast and fit in, even though the writing and directing for them has not been good.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Rafael said:

 

I think they could have recasted the role of Nick Fallon with Brock Kelly. Both Brock and Blake Berris are of similar age and similar height plus their facial features were close to being similar. 

I know i have been vocal in the past saying perhaps Evan could have been Eugene and Calliope's son returning to salem to sue for custody of Jordan's baby and it would've been a hoot seeing Calliope and Eugene returning to support their sons custody bid but I think this particular story would have had meat to it for atleast 4 months and wouldnt have had much longer repercussion. The only milleage we would have gotten out of this is seeing Eugene and Calliope again but this would have been short term storyline.

I think if Nick Fallon returning and this time played by Brock Kelly would have been a huge shock plus him being Jordan's baby daddy would have been extra shocking . 

They could simply explain that Nick faked his death and that he was wearing bulletproof vest littered with fake blood when Gabi shot him because prior to that he knew he was a dead man walking given that Kate ,Gabi,Sami and EJ wanted him dead . Plus he could have received a tip off from grandpa Alex Marshall ,a former DiMera goon who still has contacts within the DiMera organisation that EJ had put a hit out on Nick . Remember when Sami and EJ were in bed and in the  throes of passion Sami made it clear to EJ that she wanted Nick gone. Nick would have been paranoid after his granddad warned him that EJ has put a hit out on him and began wearing body armour and devised a plan to fake his death given that he had pretty much become the town pariah at that point. 

He enlisted cousin Jeremy Horton (offscreen ofcourse) and the rich Sudanese parents of Artemis and Demarquette ,the black boys who were in Nick's custody after his concussiom induced las vegas  quickie wedding to that black woman Cassandra Arvin ,   to carry out this plan  .

And finally ,he enlisted the help of Billie Reed (ofscreen ) to fake his death. Nick had a one night stand with Billie ans she happens to be Chelsea's mum and Billie helps him out because of how much Nick means to Chelsea and his bff plus Chelsea's man ,Max Brady. 

Anyway ,Nick gets shot and one of the paramedics ( paid by Billie using her ISA status) injects him with a drug which simulates death and Nick is sent to the morgue and then cousin Jeremy showed up in Salem that time offscreen and smuggles Nick's unconscious body out of Salem .

 

Why not? Jeremy has experience with this sort of thing since he ran the DiMera's human trafficking ring using that touch the sky airline as cover . 

Nick uses his computer skills to check every morgue so they can find a corpse to take his place and Billie uses her ISA and Salem PD credentials to  find out about the latest deaths around salem . She then finds out that some bank robbers were killed in Chicago during a shootout with the cops and one of them manages to match Nick Fallon's physical description and Jeremy uses his smuggling skills to steal the dead robber's corpse from a morgue in Chicago ,with Billie's help ofcourse , and manages to bring the corpse back to the salem morgue before Nick's funeral . Billie ,via Jeremy's suggestion , enlists the service of a plastic surgeon buddy of  Mike Horton , and asks him to do plastic surgery on the corpse to make the corpse look like Nick . She could lie and say it is the ISA /CIA sending somebody into witness protection programme so that persons death is going to be faked. 

Nick is smuggled out and thanks Jeremy and Billie for helping him fake his death and leaves to start a new life perhaps in New England or something like it.

Nick then leaves for New York and  reaqquaintes himself with Artemis and Demarquette (now teens ) and we find out their rich rich sudanese parents opened a couple of businesses and even financed a hospital in New York and out of grattitude for Nick saving their sons lives years before  ,they decide to employ him at one of these business  ventures and Nick starts his life all over again far from salem and under the new alias .

Then somewhere Nick hooked up with Jordan and she got pregnant . Afterall, we were told that Jordan left salem for New York city . See that ?the stars align perfectly . 

I can see Nick just informing his parents months later after Nick's death that he is still alive and Billie will probably inform Chelsea and Max . They would agree to keep quiet in order to protect Nick from EJ's goons. 

After finding out that Jordan got pregnant and left New York for Salem ,Nick then decides to go after her and reveal to the people of salem that he is still alive and get his baby. When everybody asks how he is still alive and why shouldnt he be arrested for fraud and faking his death ,he would simply retort that they must ask Sami since her now zombie husband EJ put a hit out on him and that his granddad Alex Marshall can confirm this  but that out of the goodness of his heart ,he wouldnt want to charge the now zombie EJ for trying to kill him. Easy as pie. Rafe vs Nick for baby David would have been far more riveting given what Nick put Gabi through . It would have had alot of meat to it .

See that ? Unlike some writers ,I try my best to incorporate as much history of the character as I can instead of using Rolfs magic potion for explaining how a character is still alive.

Still bitter that Nick got killed off even though his resurrection is simply easy enough to pull off given his character history.  

But then again this is a show that has a rich history but TIIC dont want to use this history whatsoever. 

Blake_Berris.png

Brockkelly.jpg

Interesting story too bad Days has no interest in writing for either of these characters though. I prefer all Horton blood males to stay away from this show. It will never end well for them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I honestly don't mind that Nick was disposed of. He had a good run on the show, but Blake never looked like he really fit in with the cast. It's strange how some actors ability and physical appearance seems to make them click within the world of the soap that appear in, and others don't. For instance, I never felt like Vincent I as Deimos fit into the world of Days of Our Lives. He felt like an actor from another soap. I felt the same way about Kassie as Eve, and still do. I never felt like Rafe belonged in Salem either. He always felt like that guy from Passions.

It helps if the writing is good though, of course...but some people can be added to the show and feel like they've been there the whole time and are seamless additions, while others feel forced.

I have to say that I think Olivia Rose Keegan and Victoria K have worked well within the cast and fit in, even though the writing and directing for them has not been good.

I think he did fit right in. He had BFF chemistry with Ashley Benson (who played Abby) and Darren Brooks (Max Brady ) . Good romantic chemistry with Rachel Melvin (Chelsea) . Plus he stood out as well .

If only they didnt put him in Melanie's orbit . 

I do get your point about Irizarry and Kassie and Galen. I  think Irizarry and Kassie didnt fit in at all . Same thing applies to Lindsay Godfrey .

Galen however did sort of have chemistry with Sami and Nicole but aside from that he has been dead weight and totally forced on the audience . His departure should have been announced a decade ago . Irizarry had zero chemistry with everybody which is why his stint didnt last long. Same with Kassie Depaiva . She only had chemistry with Paige and thats it. 

Lindsay is fine with Paul Telfer but I dont think she fits in . She would be much better off on Y&R .

 

Shawn christian was totally forced and the only actor he had chemistry with was Nicole.

 

Still think Shawn would fit in at B&B as Dave Reed ,Brooke's ex . I believe Brooke left him to pursue Ridge. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Now that Carlivati has been given carte blanche to bring back every psycho that has ever graced the show in the past,  i would advise all of you to prepare yourselves for the return of Dr Alex North (Marlena's contrieved first husband ) and Crazy Ali McIntyre (Mike Horton's ex Girlfriend) plus Dr Charlotte Taylor ,who paralysed John back in 2008 . 

  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, Rafael said:

Now that Carlivati has been given carte blanche to bring back every psycho that has ever graced the show in the past,  i would advise all of you to prepare yourselves for the return of Dr Alex North (Marlena's contrieved first husband ) and Crazy Ali McIntyre (Mike Horton's ex Girlfriend) plus Dr Charlotte Taylor ,who paralysed John back in 2008 . 

I pretty much doubt Wayne would want to come back to this trainwreck of a show. They ruined his last return, I shudder to see what they would do to another.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Sidney said:

I pretty much doubt Wayne would want to come back to this trainwreck of a show. They ruined his last return, I shudder to see what they would do to another.

Outside of the final episode of Days I don't see him ever coming back to this show.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/12/2020 at 5:18 PM, Sidney said:

I pretty much doubt Wayne would want to come back to this trainwreck of a show. They ruined his last return, I shudder to see what they would do to another.

what if they recast the role with an actor such as ..ahem..... Walt Willey for instance ? Im telling you guys -prepare for Dr Alex North's return. Hack Carlivati is arrogant enough to bring him back and the casting department will gladly recast the role .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, Rafael said:

what if they recast the role with an actor such as ..ahem..... Walt Willey for instance ? Im telling you guys -prepare for Dr Alex North's return. Hack Carlivati is arrogant enough to bring him back and the casting department will gladly recast the role .

Well its not much of a role to begin with so a recast won't matter if they go that route.

Share this post


Link to post

i am still bitter at  at the way they killed off  Bill Horton and  not even having a funeral for him on screen. Bill was an original character and drove a lot of story into the late 70s-early 80s. He deserved at least a memorial service with his sister Marie attending, as well as his children, Mike, Jennifer and Lucas, his grandchildren, Jeremy, Abigail, JJ and Will, as well as his exes Laura and Kate. 

Instead we got a funeral in Africa and Doug reminiscing about Bill and coming to Salem after getting out of prison, with Julie and maybe Maggie joining in. Even Marlena should have  been  involved since she worked with Bill at the hospital.

Edited by Rafael

Share this post


Link to post

18 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

They should've killed off Bill years ago tbh if they weren't going to recast him that is.

Bill should have come back when Kate came to town and fell in love with Victor.. A Victor/Kate/Bill triangle could have been good, add in Lucas who had formed a fatherly bond with Victor. I never cared for Laura when she came back and met up with Vivian in the looney bin. I never liked the actress and her constant yelling at Kate for allegedly stealing Bill just pissed me off. I hate it when women blame the other woman for their husband's unfaithfulness, I am not excusing Kate for getting involved with a married man.. If you know a man is married, stay away from him..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Still surprised that Bren Foster wasnt cast as the son of Orpheus. 

He looks like he could be  George delhoyo's son.

I think Kelly thibaud should have been cast as Orpheus's daughter as far back as 2011 when she guest starred on the show as Alicia , a floozy  Fake Rafe picked up from the bar. But hey ,atleast they realised their folly and did cast her as Orpheus's daughter eventually. So its a rare kudos to them from me . Pity it was for a short time and pity they messed up with the son by casting a way younger actor who looked it and they messed up by saying she was the eldest even though the son was clearly taller and older than the girl when Orpheus brough Marlena to be a mum to his kids while they were still toddlers.

Plus Bren was on the show during that period . Quinn could have easily been Orpheus 's son being a low life pimp who bought Andre 's sleazy gentleman's club Echelon after Andre's presumed death in 2007 . Then he could have beaten his own hookers up to frame Roman for the crimes in order to get revenge on Roman for accidentally killing his mum instead of that whole Gus ,the man servant beating up hookers to frame Quinn because he was jealous of him.

But its not too late. They can bring Bren onboard . Afterall ,Bren is the peer of Allison Sweeney and Greg Vaughan since it was stated that eric and sami and Orpheus's son were of a similar age. And most importantly he is older than Kelly thibaud and looks it .

 

If they had done this back in 2011 , then the Orpheus family would have been established by now and the family would consist of Bren Foster ,Kelly Thibuad and perhaps Robert Scott Wilson as the son of Kelly thibaud , a kid she had while she was a young teen . 

Then we would have never gotten freaking Clyde and his awful family .

  

 

 

84913e9ee8b85deff82a039fffb5022a--days-of-our-lives-our-life.jpg

babd9bd9dbe14eeabbdee85b07bdf58b.jpg

Kelly-Thiebaud.jpg

Edited by Rafael

Share this post


Link to post

Agree that Kelly Thiebaud was a good cast as Orpheus' daughter. Hated the doormat recast of Zoey.  Also agree they should have brought this family back on screen sooner as there was lots of potential and the show needed new family lines.  I've often wondered if it wouldn't be a good story arc to have Orpheus find out his wife is really alive. At this point, why not? Everyone else comes back from the dead. Maybe the ISA has had Rebecca all along. Lots of possibilities and a new Salem star-crossed dark couple. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Agree that Kelly Thiebaud was a good cast as Orpheus' daughter. Hated the doormat recast of Zoey.  Also agree they should have brought this family back on screen sooner as there was lots of potential and the show needed new family lines.  I've often wondered if it wouldn't be a good story arc to have Orpheus find out his wife is really alive. At this point, why not? Everyone else comes back from the dead. Maybe the ISA has had Rebecca all along. Lots of possibilities and a new Salem star-crossed dark couple. 

Yes. Plus Kelly is on recurring on GH. Perhaps she can be lured back . As for Orpheus's son ,they should recast the role with Bren foster. 

Then im on board the Orpheus family express train. 

But I think with his wife being alive will dillute Orpheus and take away his villainous aura. Rather keep her dead. 

 

 

Edited by Rafael
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Rafael said:

Yes. Plus Kelly is on recurring on GH. Perhaps she can be lured back . As for Orpheus's son ,they should recast the role with Bren foster. 

Then im on board the Orpheus family express train. 

But I think with his wife being alive will dillute Orpheus and take away his villainous aura. Rather keep her dead. 

 

Agree I wouldn't want them to water Orpheus down. His cool, calculated ways are what make him enjoyable to watch, and he has some of the best lines.  I was thinking more like he'd still be pissed that they were separated for all these decades and have a new revenge angle. Rebecca could be equally badass and once they joined forces they would be a partners in crime kinda couple.

  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

Lemme expand abit on my bitterness over the fact that TIIC didnt use Larry Welch in Deimos's place  in 2016 .

 

Larry Welch and Linda Anderson terrorising Victor and Maggie instead of freakin Deimos . 

After Larry uses a bio weapon to cripple Maggie , he blackmails Victor to sign over the mansion and give Larry all the cash in his bank account. Then Larry gives Victor the antidote for Maggie's condition.

He would make it clear that he now wants to experience the fruits of his labour which was denied to him when Victor blackmailed him to take the fall for his crime ring all those years ago. Afterall ,Larry used to be the DA of Salem . 

Linda later visits Maggie and Linda admits that Larry blackmailed her into cooporating with him and marrying him.

 Afterall during the 80s ,Larry found out that Alex Marshall and Linda deliberately burned down Anderson Manufacturing to collect the insurance payout. 

Plus Linda  s a millionaire thanks to Bob Anderson (Julie's ex husband ) leaving her and Melissa Horton money and so Larry used her money to setup his revenge scheme against Victor while also convincing Linda to join him on his quest to get back at Maggie (and Mickey)  for defeating her in court and getting custody of Linda's bio daughter ,Melissa Horton. 

Instead of Kate and Deimos doing the nasty in Victors bed ,its Larry and Linda . Both turned on and revelling over their victory over their respective hated enemies Victor and Maggie. 

Anyway , Larry and Linda Anderson (played by Morgan Fairchild ) get the upper hand and begin to blow Victor's money pretty hard. 

Then there can be some filler episodes of Victor trying to get the upperhand on Larry by perhaps trying to get Kate to seduce Larry and plant a bug in victor and maggies room .

Victor will say "Larry stole your sons birthright ,now use your hooker skills and seduce the bastard and plant a bug in his room " .Kate refuses to do the nasty with Larry .Victor then enlists Nicole (Larry's one time accomplice ) to seduce Larry and plant a bug inthe mansion since Nicole knows the house and Victor's bedroom VERY well since she used to be married to Vic and he used to lock her up for the whole day and return home from work and have his way with her. Victor will challenge Nicole to prove she has changed by helping them deal with Larry and Linda. Vic will point out that Nicole once hired Larry to kill him . Victor will be like "do this for Brady and Daniel " . Afterall ,Larry paralysed Maggie and she is Dan's contrieved mummy.  Nicole then decides to help out and heads to the mansion to seduce Larry and drug his champagne . She believes she has a chance of succeeeding and flashes back to 2003 when she visited the prison where Larry was held and hired him to kill Victor and she helped him escape from jail. Also Larry back then demanded Cash plus Nicole's body because Victor denied him the chance to experience life's pleasures after being blackmailed to take the fall for Victor ,Savannah Wilder and Steve 's crime ring. 

Nicole heads over there and tries to do what she did best as a former actress and Larry sees right through her ruse and slaps her around . Larry threatens to expose Nicole to salem pd for having hired him to kill victor all those years ago . Nicole points out thay its his word against hers anyway. And Nicole escapes Larry's death grip and manages to  flee .

Philip sees Linda and Larry  at Horton Square blowing Victor's money pretty hard and Philip confronts Larry and threatens Larry for paralysing Maggie and stealing Victor's mansion and money. Larry laughs it off . 

Then out of desperation ,Victor tells Justin to organise a meeting with Andre DiMera. 

Victor and Justin meet Andre. Victor then tries to enlist Andre's help to deal with Larry. Andre laughs at the great Victor Kiriakis being reduced to nothing and asking a rival family for help.

Victor would point out that the issue of Larry does concern Andre. Victor then tells Andre that Larry murdered Andre's sister Megan Hethaway all those years ago and that she didnt die via electrocution. And Victor tries to appeal to Andre's italian code and mob  heritage to get him to join them to avenge Megan . Andre scoffs at the suggestion and states he and Megan actually despised each other when growing up so he doesnt give a damn . He tells Victor and Justin to take a hike. Andre however ponders and looks at Stefano's porttait and remembers the vow he made to Stefano if Andre wants Stefano to forgive him for killing Renee and Benjy . Andre vowed that as restitution for killing Benjy and Renee , he will protect and look after the remaining DiMeras . Andre will be kinda like Dexter Morgan of Dexter fame . His only code being that he will now use his psycho mentality to protect the DiMeras but having no problem being a scumbag to everybody else. 

Then menwhile ,while homeless Victor and Maggie sit at Horton Square having breakfast paid for by Philip , they see Larry and Linda going on a super shopping spree  blowing Victor's money hard . We get complete montage of their shopping spree scarface style .

Then they both walk past Vic,Maggie and Philip grinning . Larry tells them this is the life he would have enjoyed if Victor didnt blackmail him to take the fall for Victor's crimes. 

Then larry and linda  get into a super fancy car they bought with Victor's money and drive off ,with Victor and Philip looking visibly enraged .

Victor demands that Steve ,Hope and Justin find something on that bastatd because he is now getting tired of Larry's taunts . Plus Victor will point out that now that he is superbroke ,he cant pay his goons to whack larry. Hope contacts her adopted cuz ,Melissa and asks her about her bio mum Linda and what she can tell Hope about her and what she has been up to all these years. Melissa reveals she doesnt really talk to Linda but tells Hope what kind of person she is and what she has heard what her mum got up to all these years including marrying two sucker millionaires and fleecing them off their money in the divorce cases after her Anderson Millions were running out . 

Anyway ,the following day ,Linda and Larry show up again at Horton square to carry on blowing Victors money. 

After they do that ,Linda gestures to Larry that she forgot something and Larry can just get the car started . 

To everybody's horror at the square, the car blows the minute Larry starts it . 

And Larry's charred corpse is visible . 

Larry is dead .

Salem PD then draw up a list of suspects .

 

Obviously Victor and Maggie are at the top of the list . 

But after doing forensics and so forth , Salem PD makes a shocking arrest . They arrest Philip !!! 

Hope also decides to arrest Linda because she believes she is greedy enough to whack Larry and take Victor's stolen millions for herself . 

Now why Philip ? Easy ,he used to be in the millitary and he was briefly an ISA agent as well. He would have the cunning and knowledge  of millitary . 

But then again the evidence begins to show that Philip was behind Larry's assasination.......

Linda is released .........

 

 

Edited by Rafael

Share this post


Link to post

Bitterness continues.......

To Kate ,Belle and Victor's horror ,Philip is arrested for Larry's murder . 

Belle agrees to represent Philip in court . 

Things are not looking good for Philip as the bomb is revealed to be a millitary weapon and so on . 

Belle receives a visitor . 

The visitor tells Belle that he can help prove Philip's innocence . 

But first Belle must pay him a certain amount which conveniently the same amount as the DiMera loot she got from Sami when she cleaned out the illegal offshore DiMera loot after EJ died and gave half of it to Belle. 

Belle would be surprised and the visitor makes it clear that Philip as a one legged man and son of Victor Kiriakis and half brother of Bo Brady ,the former cop who locked many of the prisoners away , Philip would be  dead meat in jail . All Belle has to do is to give the visitor the DiMera loot . The visitor will make it clear that its either the DiMera loot or Philip dies. 

The visitor makes a few calls and Philip gets beat up by two thugs while in custody of Salem PD. 

And a couple of filler stuff happens showing that the visitor means business concerning Philip. 

Belle relents and gives the DiMera loot to the visitor. But the vistor allows Belle to keep 2 Million dollars as a reward for doing thr right thing and giving him the loot in exchange for Philip's life. 

Belle gets the evidence and info and at the trial Philip is found not guilty of killing Larry . 

We later find out that the Visitor is ANDRE DIMERA . 

Andre looks at Stefano's portrait and brags that he killed Larry via car bomb . He would brag that Stefano is proud of him for avenging Megan's death and that in a way he has lived up to his vow to stefano to protect the family .

And he would point out that Larry had to pay for also impersonating Stefano back in 2002 and using DiMera resources to wage war against Victor and Bo and that resulted in Nicole getting shot on the womb.

Then he would pat himself at the back for exploiting Larry's assasination by framing Philip for murder and blackmailing Belle  to atleast get back half of the offshore DiMera loot back. Which he keeps about 70%of it  for himself while donating the rest to Chad . 

Meanwhile a disloyal DiMera gang boss  who attempted to carve out his own fiefdom after Stefano's death gets arrested for Larry's murder after Andre throws frames him  and later whacks him in jail. 

 

After Philip is free Victor then focuses his attention on Linda and tries to get his mansion and money back after she inherites Victor's cash and house from Larry since she is his widow. Or rather get back whats left of his money. 

Victor calls up Nico ,his loyal goon for most of the 1990s to kidnap Linda, who fled the Kriakis mansion and salem  and places her in the Kiriakis Basement ( which Victor used to bring philip back by smuggling him into salem back in 2007 ) and then coercing her to sign over the money to Victor by threatening her with nasty torture. Ofcourse Victor doesnt tell Maggie as she still recuperating at Hope's house. Victor has teamed up with Kate and Justin  to get Linda to give up Victor's money and mansion . And Larry and Linda's lawyer is present having been promised extra by Victor if he aided him in getting back his money. While the torture is now underway ,Melissa Horton surprisingly returns to salem and heads to the Kiriakis mansion to see Maggie and then she simply lets her way in since Maggie is the known lady of the house and hears screams down the basement and heads downwards and finds Victor ,Justin ,Kate and Larry and Linda's lawyer  with Nico working on Linda to coerce her to sign the mansion and cash to Victor . 

Melissa is shocked and orders them to stop . Victor is shook when he sees Melissa . 

Melissa and Vic go back and forth arguing rhe merits of torturing Linda and Melissa tells Vic that she got this and tells the others to leave so ahe can talk to Linda. 

Melissa then urges her to just give Victor his house of horrors and Money and warns her that Victor will never stop hounding her and she reminds her birth mum about Victor terrorising Melissa and Pete Jannings during the 1980s . Linda will trash Melissa for not allowing Linda in Melissa's life and she also points out that she wasnt even allowed to also see Nathan Horton grow and be a grandma to him. Melissa simply points out that Linda brought the alienation on herself and is solely responsible for their enstragement since she drugged Pete and arranged for Melissa to find her and Pete together in bed  because Linda wanted petty revenge on Melissa because melissa didnt sell her Anderson Manufacturing shares to Linda and chose to well them to somebody else.

Linda breaks down and apologises to Melissa profusely and Melissa tells her to stop and she scolds Linda for going along with Larry Welch and paralysing Maggie . But Linda will point out that she begged Larry to give maggie the cure for her induced paralysis. 

And then some other filler happens . And melissa decides that maybe she might give Linda a chance to be in her and Nathan's life. 

Linda then decides she doesnt want to be tied to Victor forever and decides to willingly sign over the mansion and whatever is left of Victor's  cash back to Victor after her talk with Melissa. 

Both Melissa and Linda emerge from the basement to find the others upstairs.

 

Melissa looks at Victor with disdain and trashes him for dragging Maggie into his world of horrors and still wonders what maggie was thinking marrying him . 

Then Linda and others leave so Linda can sign over Victor's assets back to him.

Melissa hopes Maggie will realise her error and divorce Victor. She then heads over to Hope's and reunites with Maggie ,Hope and Jen . 

What is some of  the fallout ? Victor divorces Maggie because he feels guilty for what happened to her . Andre uses the DiMera loot he extorted from Belle to establish his own powerbase as a crime lord .

See that ? Its wasnt difficult at all to use the show's actual organic history . But unfortunately ,you have !mbecile writers and execs who seem to be allergic to the show's rich history . 

 

Edited by Rafael

Share this post


Link to post

As is their usual strategy, the writers are hoping that we’ll all just forget about the Lucas that we’ve watched for the last decades so we’ll embrace the PASSIONS model (Rafe) that they’ve foisted upon us.

Long-time fans know who Lucas really is. We want to watch Lucas and root for him. We'll continue to hope for a better story for him, despite the writers' lame attempts to convince us not to care.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I prefer Lucas to have a love interest who sticks that isn't Sami or a part of a supercouple where he gets screwed over in the end. 

 

Bring back Sheryl or Anne for him. Its not that hard.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Anne wasn't a good match for him. But neither was Adrienne (god that dragged on foreeeeeveeeeer) or Chloe (why did they even bother?)

I'd really enjoy a nice new character for Lucas to be with...but they don't write new interesting characters. They don't know how...

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Anne wasn't a good match for him. But neither was Adrienne (god that dragged on foreeeeeveeeeer) or Chloe (why did they even bother?)

I'd really enjoy a nice new character for Lucas to be with...but they don't write new interesting characters. They don't know how...

Sheryl is my first preference the actors had chem and she only had eyes for Lucas(a rarity). Its strange that the show has no interest in the character considering she was friends with Ben/Jordan. 

Or they can bring back Jamie Caldwell she had a thing for Lucas would be nice after all these years he sees her in a new light and start something new.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Anne wasn't a good match for him. But neither was Adrienne (god that dragged on foreeeeeveeeeer) or Chloe (why did they even bother?)

I'd really enjoy a nice new character for Lucas to be with...but they don't write new interesting characters. They don't know how...

I love Lucas and I will never understand why the show has so much disdain for Lucas and his portrayer.. All of those romances that you listed in your post were dead on arrival and it just served to further marginalize Lucas.. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/14/2020 at 2:37 AM, CanaryFan98 said:

I prefer Lucas to have a love interest who sticks that isn't Sami or a part of a supercouple where he gets screwed over in the end. 

 

Bring back Sheryl or Anne for him. Its not that hard.

Hell ,bring back Jamie Caldwell for Lucas . 

 

Lets not forget that Jamie is also Will's Godmother. 

 

They can court Ashely jones of B&B fame to takeover the role if Mirriam Parrish isnt available. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I love Lucas and I will never understand why the show has so much disdain for Lucas and his portrayer.. All of those romances that you listed in your post were dead on arrival and it just served to further marginalize Lucas.. 

The show doesn't consider him leading man material. That being said a lot of soap characters that were beloved didn't always have a 6 pack or come out of a magazine cover either.  The funny thing is Bryan is loyal to the show and unlike the many actors the show covets who don't want to stick around he does. All these years Lucas could've been driving stories instead... 

I do think Jamie/Lucas would be the best option given their history. I wonder if Sami would be supportive or think Jamie is horning in on her territory..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

The show doesn't consider him leading man material. That being said a lot of soap characters that were beloved didn't always have a 6 pack or come out of a magazine cover either.  The funny thing is Bryan is loyal to the show and unlike the many actors the show covets who don't want to stick around he does. All these years Lucas could've been driving stories instead... 

I do think Jamie/Lucas would be the best option given their history. I wonder if Sami would be supportive or think Jamie is horning in on her territory..

Exactly! Bryan never had any illusions about becoming a movie star, he just wanted to stay in his lane and live his life.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Allie should have been a feisty little firecracker. Instead we get this drippy actress in a crap storyline that isn't doing her or the show any favours. 

Allie could have been the good girl to Ciara's bad girl..  The girls had a rivalry as kids and it would have been cool to see them bouncing off each other as young adults.  They could have had a complicated bond as cousins burdened by their respective parents legacies. Allie would be the opposite of Sami and Ciara would be the opposite of Hope creating an organic tension between mothers and daughters.. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I do think they clearly wanted Allie to be a firecracker like Sami but the actress they chose doesn't fit at all with the party girl background they gave her. She would make sense as a shy, quiet good girl.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I do think they clearly wanted Allie to be a firecracker like Sami but the actress they chose doesn't fit at all with the party girl background they gave her. She would make sense as a shy, quiet good girl.

Why does Sami's kids have to be like her? Is she like Marlena, no!  Will and Allie both bombed as the new Sami. If they wanted one of Sami's child to be like her than it should have been either Johnny or Sydney. I would pick Johnny who already showed that he liked all things Dimera at a young age.  Plus, he is a child of rape. Has Sami ever dealt with that fact?

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Allie could have been the good girl to Ciara's bad girl..  The girls had a rivalry as kids and it would have been cool to see them bouncing off each other as young adults.  They could have had a complicated bond as cousins burdened by their respective parents legacies. Allie would be the opposite of Sami and Ciara would be the opposite of Hope creating an organic tension between mothers and daughters.. 

Yes this is what we should've had this is what B&B did right(one of the few things) where Steffy was nothing like Taylor and Hope was the opposite of Brooke.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/1/2020 at 11:48 PM, Rafael said:

 

They can court Ashely jones of B&B fame to takeover the role if Mirriam Parrish isnt available. 

No thanks to Ashley Jones. I'm sure she's probably a lovely woman, but I find her acting blander than bland. If/when Jamie ever returns, the show would need someone willing to match Alison Sweeney and (IMO!) Ashley Jones isn't it.

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I am bitter about Ava Vitalli being back, why did Ron have to resurrect her?  

I'm trying to remember if he worked with the actress on GH, but didn't he create the character of Ava?   Ron loves his own hype.  

My bitterness is that soap writers have been absolutely lazy for years and they desecrate history of characters to spin lazy, sloppy stories.   

I may live in the soap past, but it sure is a whole heck of a lot more entertaining.... off to watch old 80's DOOL 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Mckinnonsgirl said:

I'm trying to remember if he worked with the actress on GH, but didn't he create the character of Ava?   Ron loves his own hype.  

My bitterness is that soap writers have been absolutely lazy for years and they desecrate history of characters to spin lazy, sloppy stories.   

I may live in the soap past, but it sure is a whole heck of a lot more entertaining.... off to watch old 80's DOOL 

Your bitterness mirrors my own and the 80's was the show's best decade, full stop.

Dena created Ava and proceeded to shove her down our throats..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Mckinnonsgirl said:

I'm trying to remember if he worked with the actress on GH, but didn't he create the character of Ava?   Ron loves his own hype.  

My bitterness is that soap writers have been absolutely lazy for years and they desecrate history of characters to spin lazy, sloppy stories.   

I may live in the soap past, but it sure is a whole heck of a lot more entertaining.... off to watch old 80's DOOL 

Tamara played Carly originally in her first stint on GH(but Ron didn't write for her) she then showed up as Oscar's mom Kim(I think Ron was there) but Ron loves crazy female characters.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I am bitter about Ava Vitalli being back, why did Ron have to resurrect her?  

To save Tripp's balls?

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I am bitter about Ava Vitalli being back, why did Ron have to resurrect her?  

Because Ron hates us? (Yes, I include me as well as you. I have made it no secret that I fucking DETEST the bitch that is Ava. And I don't give a shit about Steve's retconned spawn with her [Tripp], either! Let Allie shoot him, then plead insanity.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/5/2020 at 9:46 AM, MsTree said:

To save Tripp's balls?

Im bitter this fake legacy kid also exists .it was Dena trying to give her beloved Ava a legacy in the form of Tripp. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Gosh , Ben and His friendship with Marlena is so contrived.

 

Ugh ugh ugh!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I just cannot wrap my head around this. 

Here  we got Alexis Thorpe indicating that she would be willing to reprise the role of Cassie Brady .

 

And to be honest ,Jack should have returned from the dead with Cassie and perhaps Anjelica Deveraux by his side .

He should not have returned with Faux Eve because it diminished his return because he was returning with a character who was shoe-horned into his return because the actress happens to be Carlivati's pet .

Cassie is the only logical explanation as to why Rolf would even bother reviving Jack when he was hated by Stefano ,Andre and Peter . 

Lets see  ,Rolf created Cassie and Rex using Roman and Kate's reproductive assets  and implanted them into Marlena and she subsequently gave birth to them.

Plus both twins only human connection when they lived in that DiMera compound was Rolf ,who was shown to be  attached to them when he brought them to Salem to do Stefano's bidding and their cargo plane got hit by a meteor shower and it crashed and everyone assumed Cassie and Rex were aliens.

Cassie could have easily taken advantage of this relationship by tracking Rolf down and asking Rolf to resurrect her only BFF in the world ,Jack Devereaux .

She could remember as a little girl Rolf bragging that he is working on a project that will allow him to be Godly and bring dead people back to life . 

And then Rolf and Cassie would steal his corpse and begin experimenting on him. 

Lets not forget that Cassie and Jack were cellmates for months when Andre kidnapped them and Victor and Caroline plus Marlena and Roman . I imagine they exchanged plenty of stories about their past like Cassie growing up being rolf and stefano's guinea pig and jack telling her about other stuff too.

When the ISA rescued them ,they were pretty much BFFs and there was a hint that Cassie was in love with jack but the story was dropped when Corday fired Alexis Thorpe .

Infact Jack was like her first  friendship since Sami ,Belle and Mimi despised her . And she also got along with Philip too and they were building towards a romance until it was revealed that she and Rex were Kate's kids. 

And i imagine that Jack amd Cassie kept contact with each other when they both left salem . 

Carlivati should have simply revived the budding romance between the two characters which was abruptly dropped when Alexis left the show back in 2005 . 

They could have also brought Anjelica Devereaux back as well . With Anjelica pushing for Jack to be with Cassie because she would be his clean slate and he doesnt have to constantly prove himself worthy of jennifer. Hell,kate could be involved too and agreeing with Anjelica . Marlena would take Jen, JJ and Abby's side and so on  .... So much potential !!

Hell ,they could do a Jack/Cassie /Jen love triangle with Jen winning in the end until her coma . Then Jack gets comforted in Cassie 's arms . I think instead of Jack and Kate ,we could have gotten Cassie and Jack . 

This would have actually given Cassie meaty storylines for change since her role in the beginning was to flirt with Shawn ,Philip and Lucas only for them to turn out to be her relatives. 

Instead of getting a somewhat fresh character ,they insisted on forcing Eve into Jack's ressurection storyline . 

 

 

 

Alexis Thorpe (4).jpg

Screenshot_20210109-080618_Opera.jpg

Edited by Rafael
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Speaking of bitterness and Cassie I hate that they made Rex/Cassie Roman and Kate's kids.

It added nothing to either character plus I liked Lucas/Cassie they had chem and can never be paired because of it. 

I think Cassie being brought back now would make a lot more sense because she's not related to half of Salem anymore she could've been paired with anyone. I think Jack/Cassie having a ONS while Jennifer is in a coma would've been a better story it could still involve Kate because she's Cassie's mom. 

Rex/Cassie should've been Orpheus's kids at least the Marlena connection wouldn't be for naught, not Zoey/Christian who also added nothing to the show.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size