Type keyword(s) to search

Bitterness Thread

• Start Topic

(edited)

All the people she slaps unprovoked, all the women who husbands she begged for sex, all the women she called names, all the men she was in a relationship with and cheated on while being creatively honest, the kids she acted as a caretaker and guidance for while being the other woman in their parents marriage, all the bosses or coworkers SOL while she blew off work for important matters concerning sex or verbal/physical confrontations.

All off them had bad karma and deserved it or just are negative or jealous if they have issue with it. They are so bitter cuz they can't be her.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 2
(edited)

I just did a headspin with that last paragraph.  Are you defending Abifail?

I'm guessing you live somewhere really hot, like Phoenix, and your snark detector has blown a fuse due to said heat. Better take it in for repairs stat. ;)

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 1

I'm bitter that I seem to be the only member of the Kristin Fan Club left, after all the awful writing Eileen Davidson had to endure.

Dontwannabe....allll...byyyyy....myyyyselllffff!  Anymoooorree!

All the people she slaps unprovoked, all the women who husbands she begged for sex, all the women she called names, all the men she was in a relationship with and cheated on while being creatively honest, the kids she acted as a caretaker and guidance for while being the other woman in their parents marriage, all the bosses or coworkers SOL while she blew off work for important matters concerning sex or verbal/physical confrontations.

All off them had bad karma and deserved it or just are negative or jealous if they have issue with it. They are so bitter cuz they can't be her.

This is all so gorgeously true!  I have no doubt that somewhere in the near future it will turn out to be Ben's fault she cheated on him--I also fear that he'll turn violent and that will undermine he's very real and very just anger and that makes me bitterest of all.  Abby will not be held accountable for being a liar and a cheat because everyone will line up to justify her actions.

• Love 4

I've been watching clips of Carey Moss doing Will's Coming Out storyline and it amazing how good the performances all are. Deidre comes off better than she has in years. It was a great SL for Will and Marlena and Sonny...

So now I'm bitter they not only ruined the ending by cutting CM out of the wedding...but also that they turned Will into such a cheating snot overnight and for no reason.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4

I've moved past bitterness to boredom.  Most of the characters I care about are gone, have been ruined, or no longer get any screen time.  If it wasn't for this forum, I wouldn't bother with the show anymore.  You guys are way more entertaining than anything Days has done in years.

Chandler Massey played Will when Will came out.  Casey Moss plays JJ Deveraux.  I think the writers wanted to do a gay storyline because other soaps had done them, however, once they had Sonny and Will together they either didn't know what to do with them, or they weren't interested in doing anything else with them.

The writers on AMC botched Bianca's SL to.  It started out strong when Bianca came out, and when her and Kendall started to bond as sisters, but it went downhill from there.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4

LOL - wow! I'm having a Dyslexia Day! I meant Chandler.

I watched bits of the Luke/Noah storyline online (ATWT?) and it also started out strong but then apparently ended stupidly. I don't know if any Soap knows how to handle happy couples anymore.

It's especially bizarre considering all they had to do was have Will go to France to try and fix things with Sonny.

• Love 1

I'm bitter that Kate still doesn't know that she slept with Curtis 2.0 (Clyde). I'm bitter that Chad has been named the baby's father even though it's not mathematically possible. I'm bitter that Ava is back just when Steve and Kayla found their way back together.

• Love 9

I totally agree about Kate.  The paternity reveal, however, was sweet because I expected it to be dragged out through spring.  It wasn't even a spoiler since everybody knew from the get go it would be Chad's.  This is the second Dimera with whom Days has been trying to tie Abi spawn.  And I'm bitter about that.

• Love 2

So now I'm bitter they not only ruined the ending by cutting CM out of the wedding...but also that they turned Will into such a cheating snot overnight and for no reason.

They were trying to make him unlikable so we'd not care he was brutally murdered. 

I know there were different writers when Will's character assassination started but it was all Corday's regime. CORDAY is what killed WilSon...caving to the homophobes. BITTER BITTER BITTER

• Love 2

I'm bitter that apparently Eve will just fade into the background without giving KDP an exit story or even a handful of scenes. TPTB completely wasted her time and talent.

I actually thought KDP was gone until I saw her pop up in the holiday episodes. I am not surprised how she left, it totally smacked of regime change. They didn't want to write for her and took advantage of the poor writing she was subjected to to simply not write for her and bank on fans forgetting she was ever there.

• Love 1

I actually thought KDP was gone until I saw her pop up in the holiday episodes. I am not surprised how she left, it totally smacked of regime change. They didn't want to write for her and took advantage of the poor writing she was subjected to to simply not write for her and bank on fans forgetting she was ever there.

Hmm sounds familiar to Guy Wilson. I'm sensing a pattern here. 

• Love 3

The show hasn't seen this much of a cast overhaul since the great firing of .... what year was it when Drake, Deidre and a slew of vets were let go?

It's like within one year, over a dozen leads are gone! Will, Sonny, Eve, Paige, Tan, Abby, Ben, Clyde, Aiden, Bo, Kristen, Nicole, Eric, Justin, Adrienne, Stefano...

By Fall, there will be more new faces than old on this show. Bitter!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3

I'm bitter about how Matt Ashford has been treated for years by Corday. I am bitter because I always enjoyed Matt and his character Jack. I am bitter how they killed him off and I am bitter that they're only bringing him back for a few days.

• Love 6

I am bitter that after all the awful, go-nowhere plotting of 2015 we've now got a hundred unresolved and rushed plots that amount to a bloodbath the likes of which I have never seen on any show, ever.

Maybe it would have been better for a bomb to go off at the Bicentennial, so Stefano, Will, Paige, Daniel, Bo and everyone else could have been written off all at once instead of in a constant trickling stream of suck.

There's nothing to enjoy anymore, because we're still left waiting for certain deaths to be impactful for certain characters. And it won't happen. Who has the time when there are still more characters to off?

• Love 6

This is my first post in this thread and to be honest, I don't know if my bitterness is directed at those I will be addressing, or myself for getting sucked in when I know how other sites roll, but you check in anyway, cause you try to honor the concept that all opinions are valid, even if only to the person posting.

I went to another site because I wanted to see different reactions to Friday's closing moments. There was a nice JM appreciation thread and some interesting talk about the impact on Hope. Rather than simply leaving after checking these topics out, I allowed my self to foolishly go into a topic featuring She Who Must Not Be Named. While there, I see a post explaining how SWMNBN should get to be with Steve because unlike Kayla, her love for Steve is pure. All I could think was, "Wow, this poster must be living in an alternate reality" because unlike SWMNBN, when Kayla thought Steve wanted Billie rather than her, she was willing to let him go (proof that she wanted Steve to be with the person he wanted, even if that person was not her). Kayla didn't obsess (which is what SWMNBN is doing, much like Jack, did to Kayla, Steve is the shiny prize she decided she wanted regardless of what he wanted and anyone or anything that got in the way of her delusion, including Steve himself were better destroyed than SWMNBN have to shake off her delusion). Unlike SWMNBN, Kayla didn't stalk, she didn't try to kill Billie or Steve, despite the fact that Steve lied to her repeatedly. Kayla has and had a real relationship with Steve, while SWMNBN, had a relationship with a man who did not know who he was. At no point during Steve being himself have we seen any indication that he is interested in you know who, not even in her first equally pathetic go round on the show. Truth be told, SWMNBN can't be in love with Steve because she neither knows, nor has she even been involved with Steve. As for the love SWMNBN has for Steve being purer, Kayla has spent almost 30 years loving Steve even when he was believed dead, she has put up with him and all the crap that went along with him because of her love for him. In fact, if you look back to all of the awful things that have happened to Kayla, they can all in some way be attributed to Steve, yet, still she loves him. Nothing in SWMNBN behavior demonstrates that would be the case with her because she has shown time and time again that she is all about herself. In fact, her father probably understood this truth about his daughter and that is why he kept her drugged, his mistake was in not upping the dosage once Steve was back in her orbit.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 5

Now that I've been watching old clips of WN's Roman, I'm newly bitter about JC's Roman and the nothing he's been given to do in the last three years (or more?)

Stefano gets killed and he'll end up being informed by someone else, after the fact, same as always, even though he was a huge part of Stefano's purpose in Salem.

If JC wasn't working out as Roman, why did he stick around all these years?

• Love 2

Why?

There should be a gay presence on the show but I have no interest in seeing Sparkle and whatever newbie they put him with. His stalker-ish, entitled obsessive behavior towards Sonny and the destruction of Will to make him look superior still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 2

Can't blame you there.

I just never found Paul that attractive or interesting. If I liked him at all it was only because Sonny did...but that was short-lived. And him being Jawn's son is and always will be total BS.

He can totally go, and I suspect before 2017 he will.

I wouldn't mind seeing Nicole go Girl after all her man troubles. And Chase has seemed to many a candidate for a future gay storyline. Sadly, there aren't many candidates.

• Love 2

I just never found Paul that attractive or interesting. If I liked him at all it was only because Sonny did...but that was short-lived. And him being Jawn's son is and always will be total BS.

Yeah, even if I ignored the crappy triangle with Will and Sonny I still don't find him interesting in the slightest. I guess they thought they could just make him John's long lost son and that would be enough to make him important.

Ugh, I just read a poll that named Chabby the best couple on Days.  Ugh again.

The soap press seems to be in love with all things Abifail for some reason.

• Love 2

Can I be bitter that after all of those scenes of people coming in to Chad's hospital room and trying to kill him and blame him for being the Necktie Killer, I haven't seen a single apology delivered to him or an ounce of remorse from any of Salem's finest residents? And we still haven't seen them yes, pants or even get blasted by any of the families of his victims. So what was all of that time for?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5

Don't hold your breath for that. I"m sure it's not happening. THey're going to forget ... just like everyone did with the good things EJ did.

They call them evil until they need his help for something. Then after they help them it's back to "you're an evil Dimera."

Edited by swtrgrl

I am by no means familiar with Andre as a character, but after his introduction as the big mean murderer back from the dead, I'm finding myself pretty underwhelmed by what he's actually able to accomplish.

He somehow bullied Aiden into strangling his lover, which was completely unbelievable so I almost don't feel like it needs to be mentioned. Then he kidnapped Sami, which was both but apparently also really an apt because she managed to magically escape from her cell practically the same day. And since then, he's just been running around making empty threats at people and trying to be intimidating, but actually seeing a lot like that mean girl at school who constantly gets in peoples faces because she secretly feels unimportant.

The way he's gone all soft in the aftermath of Stefano's disappearance doesn't ring true. If he's this psychotic serial killer who has been threatening Chad for a while now, why is he standing there all glassy eyed practically begging Chad to give a damn that FATHA has died? Why does he keep going and having conversations with Rafe and Hope about how guilty they are and how he's going to seeking justice?

Aren't Mafia families all about striking back fast and hard in the aftermath of these kinds of things? Andre acts like he has no plan and expect a judge in a courtroom to handle Rafe and Hope for him.

Maybe all of these scenes are just a stall so that they could create something interesting later this month during February sweeps, but I find it really weakens Andre as a character. Enough badgering Hope, Rafe, Chad, Belle and everyone else. If you are dastardly, BE dastardly.

• Love 1

Andre had a good exit back in 2007.  He terrorized Salem, murdered a bunch of people, and then killed himself to frame Shawn Sr. for his death.  That should have been the end of Andre.  Now he is a serial killer who doesn't kill anyone, just makes idle threats.  Dumb and boring.

Stefano should have died of a heart attack after finding out Sami took all the Dimera millions, and Chad (who at this point would be Stefano's only living child) told him he didn't give a damn, he didn't want to be Stefano's son.  Then Sami shares the money she took with Chad, Kate and Lucas.  Stefano's idiotic legacy of revenge would be that he got all his children except Chad killed.  Time to bring a new crime family to Salem.

• Love 4

I think TP is hilarious as Andre, but it would have been better to bring Tony back.  Tony reveals to Chad that he is his father, not Stefano.  Then Tony and Chad can have SLs that do not involve someone saying every two seconds, "He's a Dimera.  He's EVIL."  Especially since the Dimeras became such pathetic cartoon villains.  Still not believing that Sami and Kate would ever be afraid of Stefano or anyone else.

I did laugh when Andre told Rafe:  "I'm criminally insane.  What's your excuse?"

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 7

I am bitter that Ken Corday forced Tomsell to jettison Wilson in favor of Paulson. Will was turned into a douchebag, so that Paul can be more worthy of Sonny. Paul should have been an antagonistic interloper, hellbent on destroying Will to recapture Sonny's love.. I hate that minority characters are written as bland, boring, and one dimensional... Paul could have been batshit crazy like Emma was to Kim and Shane..Emma Donovan was a sociopath who took pleasure in torturing Kim.. Emma was as repulsive as Marina Toscano and Ava Vitali. All Paul had to do was used Will's insecurities and Sonny's paternalism against them to give them character driven angst..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3