Type keyword(s) to search

Bitterness Thread

• Start Topic

This show is why bitterness threads were invented! This is the place to snarkily vent your myriad frustrations :) A few of the many that leap to mind:

The writers seem incapable of writing more than one or MAYBE two storylines at a time. Said storylines are invariably glacially paced, poorly plotted and irritatingly inconsistent, but yet on any given episode 97% of the cast is stuck just standing around and jabbering endlessly about these storylines that a few 'lucky' characters are involved in since they never have any stories of their own! 

I hate the overwhelming majority of these characters. I could list about a zillion derogatory adjectives to illustrate why, but the most commonly committed and egregious sin for me is that they're just so *boring.* I can happily handle a certain amount of over-the-top awfulness in my soap characters, but what I can't tolerate is how painfully DULL they are. 

I seriously loathe all the 'romances.' Are we actually supposed to root for a happily ever after for people who do nothing but cheat on each other, lie, manipulate, and inflict as much pain on each other as possible?!

There aren't nearly enough murders on this show. For one thing, I adore murder mysteries and find them far more intriguing. For another, I seriously can't stand most of these people and want them to die. 

Edited by mstaken
  • Love 6

Over half of the characters on this show need to leave town or be murdered:

Abby

Adrienne

Aiden

Ben

Dan

EJ

Eric

Eve

Jen

John

Jordan

Julie

Kristen

Maggie

Marlena

Mary Beth

Nicole

Stefano

Will

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4

Ha! I agree with the vast majority of that amusingly long list, LP, though I actually still hold out hope for Nicole and would prefer to kill her hairstylist instead ;) Oh, and I'll add dumb druggie Brady to the list as well. And...you know what? It would be far more efficient to list the very, very few characters I like enough to generously let them live. Sad but true. 

• Love 4

Several months from now when Allison Sweeney leaves, I will return to my decade old posting habit of random drive by posting of this every couple years:

I do not now and will never in the future understand why this show keeps firing Matt Ashford when Jack is a thousand times more entertaining that Jen and DOOL had to sue Missy Reeves over the clusterfuck of her personal life.

The sad thing is that MA has been hired and fired a couple times since I started with that one.

• Love 8

While I can understand the recasting of Ben, as the original looked older than Jordin who is supposed to be the older sister, I am bitter about the replacement.  This guy screams New Yawk, not the South.  From the hideous (make sure his shirts are so tight we can see his muscles) wardrobe, to the weird hairdo (is this Happy Days?), to the crappy acting.  Ugh, good thing he's hooked up with Abagail because she'll do it with anyone.

• Love 2

I'm trying to continue watching until AS/Sami leaves, and the writers have made that almost impossible.  They had the perfect exit SL going for Sami with her scheming with Kate, and they threw it away.

I'm bitter that Corday and these writers have jobs.  They suck.

• Love 5

I originally watched in the 80s and quit quite abruptly one day when they were running the actors' credits (yes, they used to do that) and realized that there was not a single character I cared one whit about.

Coming back to the show a few months ago, I liked that there were people I remembered. Hope seems more like herself than Jennifer does, and also has better hair.

But nothing of any interest seems to be happening. Not with the old guard, and actors I have enjoyed on other shows like Kassie and Chrishell and Jen Lilley aren't really being given any good stories.

I was sort of hoping to have this back as my soap when I quit GH once the Sonny killed AJ reveal happens, but I'm not so sure now. There was a brief period between the time OLTL went off the air and the OLTL folks showed up inPort Charles that I did not watch any daytime soap, which had not happened in over thirtyfive years. I guess I am most bitter that pretty soon that will be the case again. And not because they are off the air, they may still be on. Just unwatchable.

• Love 4

How did I miss this entire thread?  I think I'm moving in, since bitter is my resting state. 

My list of things that I like would be easier to write out, since it would only be about one sentence long.  So here are some random bitchings:

I'm so tired of the Hortons and the Dimeras.  Especially the Hortons.  But, also the Dimeras.  Can we bring in some more Brady and Kiriakis characters?  Or maybe some characters who aren't related to every single other character? 

I think it's time to switch out the current cast for other actors/characters.  In fact, I wish they would do that on a regular basis.  Every how many years, rotate characters.  There are so many ones that are no longer on the show that I'd love to see again. 

The end of Kami makes me very sad. Literally they were my most liked pairing in about 10 years -- which is about how long I've been wanting Kate and Sami to team up and go after a common enemy. 

I'm still angry about what they did to Nick.  He was a cute, sweet, smart guy -- an actual good guy (not a "Good Guy").  Trying to make him troubled and darker fell flat and ruined the character (obv. since he's now dead lol).  While I loved The Coven and the whole 'Nick in the river' plot, it sucked that he was sacrificed yet again for a story that sucked in the end.    And the worst was that he became just another annoying, crazy ass Horton.

JaneDigby -  Oh, I was so disappointed about the return of Carly.  It started out with some potential, but with the whole Bo cheating thing, and then the drug problem, it just felt like they were tanking the character on purpose and then she was just ushered out.  CC, Carly, and the audience deserved better.  

Corday should have sold DOOL years and years ago, to someone who gave a damn about the medium.  I think he cared at one point, but never as much as his parents.  But now?  I can't understand why he's destroying one of the oldest surviving soaps.  They could do so much better than this, really. 

• Love 5

I hate that Kumi are seemingly done.

I hate that Sami will probably end up with EJ.

I hate that the writers are mostly ignoring Sami's 21 year history and are only focusing on the last eight terrible years with EJ.

I hate that the only time we see Lucas is when he's complaining about something.

I hate that EJ will have spent the last eight years causing nothing but trouble for Sami and her family and won't have to pay for any of it. And by pay I mean either dying or going to prison. I would even settle for him ending up alone and miserable. 

I hate that stupid stupid freak known as Abby.

I hate KM's acting and the fact that she's the new spokesperson.

I hate Jen.

I hate that stupid Dan and Jen are treated like the most important people in Salem. 

Most of the Hortons are annoying assholes.

• Love 6

Most of the Hortons are annoying assholes.

It's a shame they shoot so far in advance. A timely storyline would be an outbreak of Ebola in Salem that decimates the Horton family.  The ONE day that Jennifer shows up for work, she barges into an isolation unit to confront Dr Dan who is selflessly treating an Ebola patient, Jordan. Jennifer is instantly overcome with Ebola Fever and races home to warn her children, infecting Marlena, John, and EJ along the way. Fortunately, JJ is not at home - only Abigail who DIES ON THE SPOT from Ebola, bleeding hideously from her eyeballs. Jennifer, racked with guilt, cries on Dr Dan's shoulder when he shows up to cart her back to the hospital. Dr Dan is sadly infected too and he and Jennifer die within seconds of each other. Jordan also dies after one last sisterly kiss administered to Ben. Yep, he's a goner too.

• Love 7

If that happened, Ebola would be my new BFF.

Stefano and Kristen die along with EJ, and it's revealed that Kate/Sami were still working together.  They team up with Chad to get rid of the other shady characters in DE.

• Love 3

I like more Hortons than I dislike, so I need them to stick around. I'm incredibly bitter that the show's core family is now being judged by the actions of Abby and Jennifer (who I still think can come around again) and that the writers have brought back a spattering of Hortons in the past few years only to make them either insane or blandly forgettable (hi, Nathan!).  I would like a full scale Horton invasion, led by Mike, a reformed Jeremy, Sarah, and Melissa, and whatever they may have spawned offscreen.

• Love 2

Yes, Adrienne is dead also. So was Will.  Sonny got tired of Adrienne's nagging and Will's everything and slipped some Ebola into their water.

Yes, EJ brought some Ebola home to Stefano and Kristen.  See ya!

• Love 2

Can we bring in some more Brady and Kiriakis characters?

I wish they would bring on Sonny's brothers.  Or at least one of them.  And Sonny's ex, whom he apparently thinks is the worst person in the world.  And Lucas's ex, whom he left in Hong Kong.

• Love 2

I do not now and will never in the future understand why this show keeps firing Matt Ashford when Jack is a thousand times more entertaining that Jen and DOOL had to sue Missy Reeves over the clusterfuck of her personal life.

Never mind all the hirings and firings WTF with Josh Taylor playing Roman for what seems like 100 years? I never understood why they kept old stone face around so damn long. He isn't attractive, he isn't charismatic, doesn't have a vocal fanbase, isn't a viable love interest for anyone on the show so why is he still here again? When Guiding Light was announced as cancelled my dream was for the role of Roman to be recast with Robert Newman who played Joshua. I loved me some Robert Newman and I thought he would be perfect as Sami's dad because they really do kinda look like they could be related. Plus, he could actual be a viable love interest for women of a certain age. Hell he could have been mixing it up with Kate, Marlena, younger women, etc. Didn't even have to be Robert but just someone in that age bracket with some acting skills and sex appeal not the face of petrified peel.

The problems with Days is systemic. Corday keeps hiring these recycled, rejected writers that don't know the characters and can't write nor plot stories. POINT. BLANK. PERIOD. Simple as that. History is never utilized (EJ did what?) when it should be (Eve and Theresa's parents are who?) and when it is you wish it wasn't (Jack is a rapist dontchaknow).  It is like Days is on some old Memento shit but on Days, it is selective short term memory: only remembered or forgotten if it serves the current plot.  

I wish they would add some flavor to the characters. Like mstaken mentioned - everyone is so damn boring and bland. I think it is worse with the teen set though. I always wanted a Darlene (from Roseanne) or Daria (cartoon) type character on Soaps. Why is it always the prissy oatmeal virgin and the scheming bad girl? 

There seems to be no satisfaction or payoff anymore. Seriously, every time I challenge myself to think of a time when I was moderately to completely satisfied with a s/l payoff I always have to gas up the DeLorean way back machine, which leaves me wondering why the hell am I still watching this show. Look at the last "big story" with sami/ej and others. What was the consequence after all that? EJ spent a couple of days in jail, a couple of days begging. Then he passed some papers to Rafe and he is in like Flynn. Kate ends her magnificent run with Sami with a simple "Bye, Felicia!" Sami and EJ are back to bumping uglies and literally tickling each other. EJ has his family back. The big fallout there seems to be that now Abby can't seem to get a job. Oh the horror!! 

• Love 7

I like more Hortons than I dislike, so I need them to stick around. I'm incredibly bitter that the show's core family is now being judged by the actions of Abby and Jennifer (who I still think can come around again) and that the writers have brought back a spattering of Hortons in the past few years only to make them either insane or blandly forgettable (hi, Nathan!).  I would like a full scale Horton invasion, led by Mike, a reformed Jeremy, Sarah, and Melissa, and whatever they may have spawned offscreen.

Ha, you speak the truth, considering I had completely forgotten about Nathan.  I had to think about it for a minute before I could recall who he was.  He's a doctor, as well, so of course, we can't have him in town.  Not when Dr. Dan can heal and screw all.  Who cares about Nathan, or Lexie, or Carly.  There's Mike, too, right?  He's a doctor.  Maybe he could come back with a kid or two in tow.  Or Nathan or Jeremy or Melissa can come back with a boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife. 

I wish they would bring on Sonny's brothers.  Or at least one of them.  And Sonny's ex, whom he apparently thinks is the worst person in the world.  And Lucas's ex, whom he left in Hong Kong.

Yes, I want the Kiriakis brothers.  And Sonny's ex could be a good twist, to snap Sonny out of the funk that is his marriage to Will.  Also, let's not forget that Chelsea and Shawn are both Kiriakis' and also a Brady (I meant Horton, but they are still Brady's as well) and a Reed/Roberts.  These are all children of core families and most have also been on the show before, so they aren't totally new characters.  And with Shawn, there's Belle and their daughter -- also the child of core characters. 

Not sure when Melanie is coming back, but maybe she can bring a new guy to town with her.  We need more of the younger 20-something, and 30-something sets.

JJ and Theresa are great as they are (JL is awesome and CM is only getting better and better), but they need to get out of the small bubbles they're in and mix it up with other characters. 

So, why they need to bring in shitty newbies like Jordan and Ben, or focus so much time on hollow, soulless characters like Abby, when we could have any number of these legacy characters back, I don't know.

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 3

Ha, you speak the truth, considering I had completely forgotten about Nathan.

I forgot Jeremy too.

I know, I barely remember Nathan at all and only a little more about Stephanie other than her jealousy.  I was never a fan of Chelsey and I can't forget she did Dirty Doc.  I liked Melanie until they started propping her so she could coo and coo and coo.  Still, I think she did a great job when Madame shot her.  I always thought she was better suited to Broadway.  She shouts, and JL and CM are good enough to know they don't need to do that.

Melissa would be Jenn's age by now or somewhere between Chelsey (whom Melissa brought home as a friend) and Jenn. It doesn't matter since we'll never see Melissa again but she did show up for the Ornament Ceremony a couple of years ago.  Mike was always really cool.    

Heck, if they just made more use of existing characters like Lucas and Kayla I'd be happy with that. 

For some reason I want to give a shout out to Jan Spears.  She reminds me of JL in how she handled that role.  I'm not a big fan of kidnapping half naked guys in a jail cell but she rocked that.

So Jawn awoke after 3 months freshly shaved with a new haircut and dye job?  Nice hospital care if you can get it.  The 3 month breath however...  Oh, and I' should go ahead and make a gas joke for boes.  Liquid diet: Beeeeannn souuuup.

Eej looked sleepy today but I'm sure going to miss him.  I found the tickling scene a bit disturbing tho, but not the kids' fault they were enthusiastic.  I felt like Allie was ignored a lot in that scene.  When Lucas was standing there getting pissed off I was hoping he'd take her hand and bring her home. And kids go to school an hour after arriving home from camp and their backpacks are ready?  Meh, I guess i can overlook that.

Can we send Eeyoric to a monastery for a few months at least?  He should just carry a grey umbrella for that raincloud that follows him around.

I miss Susan.

• Love 3

Never mind all the hirings and firings WTF with Josh Taylor playing Roman for what seems like 100 years? I never understood why they kept old stone face around so damn long. He isn't attractive, he isn't charismatic, doesn't have a vocal fanbase, isn't a viable love interest for anyone on the show so why is he still here again? When Guiding Light was announced as cancelled my dream was for the role of Roman to be recast with Robert Newman who played Joshua. I loved me some Robert Newman and I thought he would be perfect as Sami's dad because they really do kinda look like they could be related. Plus, he could actual be a viable love interest for women of a certain age. Hell he could have been mixing it up with Kate, Marlena, younger women, etc. Didn't even have to be Robert but just someone in that age bracket with some acting skills and sex appeal not the face of petrified peel.

Robert Newman is Roman? I.AM.IN! Robert Newman as anyone would be fantastic. 

When I was a kid, I loved me some Chris Kositchek though. Blame it on the 70s, or the fact that I was still in elementary school, or the fact that I do sort of have bad taste in men, but something about JT worked back then. (Aside from his facial muscles) Maybe they're holding on to that?

• Love 2

I always thought they should have brought Alexander Kirikias back Justins oldest son.Also wouldn't mind a phillip return.

Andrew could return thresea and eves brother then we would probally be stuck with him falling for Abby yuck lol.

Sonny having an ex come on would also be interesting.I find sonny/Will so boring.

• Love 1

Corday and the writers need to go before any characters are brought back or new ones added, otherwise, they will just be destroyed like so many others.  Corday needs to sell the show to the network or someone else.

I'm bitter that if EJ gets killed instead of celebrating Sami will be mourning.

I'm also bitter that Kate seems to want Sami for herself, and that isn't going to happen.

• Love 4

I found the tickling scene a bit disturbing tho, but not the kids' fault they were enthusiastic.  I felt like Allie was ignored a lot in that scene.

Tickling is this show's lame way of showing happiness. I don't know how anyone can look convincing and not slightly creepy doing that.

I hate to pick on a little kid(s) but this is PTV so ... Allie comes across as weird in all her non-speaking scenes. I'm hoping, hoping, that the director tells the actress to hold back just a little in scenes with EJ because while he's her stepfather and she loves him, she loves her father more. I'm hoping that explains why Allie is always, literally, 5 steps behind Sydney and Johnny. In the one-on-one scenes with EJ after Nick was shot the actress was just fine but in group scenes it's like she's on 5 second broadcast delay. I think it's perfectly plausible for EJ to be very fond of Allie since he's known her since birth. 

Few things, however, make me more bitter than depicting children as happily reassigning parental emotions. Lucas is Allie's father. She should always be shown as adoring him. 

• Love 1

ITA with your whole post but this part in particular. I absolutely do not understand the casting of JT as Roman. WN was a hot, manly man and his Brady was mighty sexy.  JT is a squirrel who talks like Yosemite Sam. There's no comparison. Roman was completely emasculated with the casting of JT. I love your idea of Robert Newman - he would most certainly fit the bill of the original recipe Roman.

I hoped so long for new people that weren't related to everyone, and we got snoozeville Jordan and Ben.

Me too!  I wanted some new blood in town and then they finally introduce some outsiders and it's effing Jordan and Ben.  Though I think a lot of the fault lies with the actors. I don't think either of them can act and they don't have enough charisma to carry their lack of talent.  It's really evident when they go up against James Read who can act circles around them.

I saw a commercial that reminded me of Days.  It's spoofing a horror movie.  The kids are running from the bad guy, and they are trying to decide whether they should hide in the attic or basement, someone suggests they take off in the running car and is told that is a stupid idea, then they decide to hide behind the saws in the tool shed.  The killer is there so they run out yelling head for the cemetery.

Every time the writers have a chance to go in an interesting direction they instead chose the boring dumbest idea possible and go with that instead.

• Love 4

Bitter about most recent years rape being used on this show as a storyline tool like it was some average soap story (baby switch or evil twin BS) and little to no remorse is shown by the rapist and the rapist faces little to no repercussions.  When was the last time a rapist really got what was coming to them? Alan? Jack? EJ found true love and fathered another child with his 'victim'. Kristen roams free while Eric takes it out on Nicole. Need to get Antoine Dodson up in here: "Hide your kids, hide your wife, And hide your husband cuz they're rapin everybody out here."

antoine-dodson-e1292262218280.jpg

Bitter about cheap, ugly ass small sets and no more location shoots. I get that money is tight and truth be told the sets do look a bit better than they did about 5 years ago which ain't saying much but damn do I sometimes hate looking at looking at old clips from the 80s just from an aesthetics point of view and comparing them to today. Is it me or has the Kiriakis living room gotten even smaller even compared to 2-3 years ago? 

Maybe with age my heart has hardened and turned black bitter about but all the couples on this show pretty much sucking right now. Romance being dead on Days. This used to be the supercouple show. Days did great sweeping romances, with great sweeping moments. WTF happened?!?

• Love 6

I hate a majority of the characters and sad that out of all of them I only like Kate, Sonny, JJ, T, & Lucas. Two out of the five are recurring and the rest are just not involved in interesting stories.

The show is focusing around Dan & Abby which is just sickening. They practically have the whole town kissing the ground they walk on.

I read an interview by Corday and he just seems out of touch to what the fans want. The way he was speaking it was like the writers know what's good and the fans just has to suffer through it. Like how he forgets how easily we viewers can get this show cancelled by not watching.

• Love 1

When was the last time a rapist really got what was coming to them? Alan?

Yes, that would be Alan.

Lawrence did some jail time (and I do mean "jail", not prison) but I never did understand how he could be tried for what he did in another country. Made my head hurt.

Jack got a fine or something. No jail/prison time.

Tony got a divorce.

Sami got stuck with a dumb story revolving around Carrie & Austen for 10 years so I guess she paid the most.

• Love 4

Damn my ass is bitter. I really need to either stop posting in this thread or stop watching.

Bitter that Abby will seemingly never be revealed to be the aggressor in her affair with EJ. I've stopped hoping that Sami will pull out a receipt (i.e. videotape) showing what an aggressive strumpet Abby was. Tired of everyone treating her like the victim. You would think she was the one who was actually engaged to EJ and cheated on. I hate that Days makes me feel this way because it makes me sound like a woman who longs for the old days when women were branded with a scarlet letter. That is not the case at all. I just want Days to stop telling me that the sky is red when it is actually blue. 

Abby's half ass attempts to take the blame doesn't help matters either although I think the writers intend them to show remorse and her taking responsibility. It would be helpful if the listener didn't immediately brush them off as sheer lunacy. Plus, she only seems to do this with people she knows will kiss her ass and stroke her feather. She never took 100% responsibility where it counted with Sami. 

• Love 7

I'm bitter that I can't like and root for...well, for any of the characters who we're ostensibly supposed to like and root for. I love when the alleged 'good characters' on shows have relatable and interesting flaws, but on this show there's just this weird disconnect where all the "good" characters are a million times more hateful to me than I think the writers intend them to be. An even more serious issue for a soap is that they're so astoundingly dull.  

I'm bitter that John has so very unsurprisingly awoken from his coma. Frankly, I found the character and actor vastly more likable when he couldn't speak. 

I'm bitter that the show's hairstylists seem to all be on some very serious perception-altering drugs. 

I'm bitter at just how profoundly stupid and boring pretty much every single male character is, and that recently the female characters aren't coming off much better. 

I'm bitter that every existing or potential couple is so depressingly horrid and grossly dysfunctional (and not in a fun, melodramatic, soapy way) that I not only can't "ship" anyone, but in fact find myself actively rooting for the parties involved to cease all contact.

I'm bitter that despite my 12 zillion complaints, I still have some bizarre compulsion to keep watching! 

• Love 6

Glad I found this thread because I need to vent for a second...

I love Kristin DiMerra.  I love ED.  I love that they've been brought back to the show after so many years to cause trouble and be crazy and pull at our heartstrings and scheme.

But I am MASSIVELY BITTER about how lazy writing has reduced her to a really one-dimensional villainess who just uses sex to hurt people.

And here's a question - why did the writers need to have Kristin almost sleep with Dan?  What kind of sense did THAT make?

1) Kristin tried to kill Dan when she returned to town.  How or why that would make him attracted to her, I just can't figure...

2) Kristin's vendetta against John/Marlena has nothing to do with Dan, and Kristin never said she was going to start going after all of Brady's friends in order to hurt him so...again I ask: WHY?

3) If the point of this almost-affair was to drive one more dramatic wedge between Kristin and Brady before she stole his future kid and left town, it still doesn't make any sense.  *THIS IS WHAT REALLY BUGS ME* Brady had told Kristin he never wanted to see her again several times already, and John was already alive and well once more.  Having them "break up" again was motivated by NOTHING and just a set-up for the almost sex with Dan, which was an unneeded set-up to have Brady end things with Kristin...

...they didn't even HAVE a thing at that point!  And - as several of you have already pointed out - it's beyond disgusting that Brady would have even thought about getting back with her after what she did to Eric.  So his "by sleeping with Dan you destroyed the one chance that we had to reunite!" line was especially damaging to his character.  How can I possibly feel sorry for Bumb Brady if he's WILLING TO FORGIVE THE WOMAN WHO RAPED HIS BROTHER...FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER.

It's not like the writers wrote some tender storyarc where Kristin returned to town with her tail between her legs and tried desperately to save John to make amends and we could see Brady start to forgive her.  THAT would have made some amount of sense.

You can honestly ignore the sex with Dan plot-point and the story remains unchanged.  Brady still hates Kristin even after John is saved, Kristin hears Theresa is preggers and loses it, Theresa is drugged and the baby is implanted in Kristin.  The sex with Dan changes NONE of that and doesn't improve it in the least.

I just cannot understand the logic behind having the Dan/Kristin thing happen.  They didn't need it.  Brady had already nearly assaulted Kristin several times.  Why not just spend a few more days fleshing out her plan to steal the baby and actually show it happened on-screen??  What we saw of the baby-napping was amazingly brief and rushed.  That's classic soap crazy stuff.  They could have showed and EXPLAINED the procedure and maybe have Theresa semi-wake up from it at one point.  Showed Kristin worrying that whatever it is that is permitting her to actually carry the kid to term might not work (it's not like they explained that!)

I just can't deal with her needlessly rolling around with Dan.  It made zero sense.  Anyone else in my boat?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4

I just cannot understand the logic behind having the Dan/Kristin thing happen.

From what little I've watched these last few months - and the trip in the truck in particular - all I can think of is "50 Shades..."  

I'm bitter that the time I spent coming back to DAYS to see AS off was totally and completely wasted. 

• Love 1

I hate what they did to Nick - Blake Berris/Nick deserved so much better than what he got

I miss Phillip & wish he'd come back - we need another Kiriakis running around & bring on Sonny's brothers too.

They can also bring back Nathan, Jeremy & Andrew (have we ever gotten an adult Andrew??)

I hate this version of Abifail - can't we get rid of her?    My dream would be to bring back Ashley Benson (but I know that won't happen)

I hate that they won't give Lucas a story

I hate that Dr. Tan has taken over this show & would love for him to go away & never come back.

Edited by Princess Consuela
  • Love 2

I hate how the character of Jennifer has been written.

I hate that they have talented women and give them nothing to work with. The only one who still has something is Kate.  The others are such a mess of sloppy writing and poor character development. 

• Love 3

I'm bitter that they worked so hard to redeem Nick, and then threw it all away. Blake Berris gave some great acting in the rape storyline, and it sucks that we're stuck with some "meh" actors as the lead 20-something males right now.

I really fucking hate that they keep spitting on Matthew Ashford/Jack, and this time just to prop up Dan being the best Parental Figure ever to Jack's son.

Sami got stuck with a dumb story revolving around Carrie & Austen for 10 years so I guess she paid the most.

Don't forget that she also got a crazy stalker who raped her and got her to marry him.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 5

I am bitter about the show being so unwatchable today with Jar Jar, Eeyore, Dirty Dan, Creepy Clyde.  I might try to catch the Victor /Xander clip but that's about it.  I've never been one to say I will quit watching the show if such and such but I find myself a few episodes behind and I'm not sure I can stand catching up.  And I was actually ok with finding a little entertainment out of the Tater tot story because I like Jen Lilly so much.  Is she enough for me to hang in there?  I'm not sure.  I sort of grew up with Sami and I miss her and now Kate and Nicole are destroyed too. I wish AZ would just leave this dreck behind like JS did.  I dread, dread, dread seeing Chloe and Bo again.  We've all been through a lot together here haven't we everybody. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I am bitter about Xander.. What a waste!  he is gorgeous....I am also bitter about what they have done to Will, Sonny and Wilson..They never gave them good stories and I was hoping with Gabi out of the way that they could have explored Wilson fully...I really wanted to see Sonny explore his Kiriakis side and to have agency..He has been reduced as a prop in the tug of war between Sparkle and sneasel..They wasted Freddie Smith with this stupid triangle....I do not want Paul and Will to get together after Sonny leaves..It would remind me too much of Ejami...Paul and Will should stay away from each other....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I am totally bitter about a show with such a rich history has been reduced to a cheap, sleazy, predictable mess.  So many wasted opportunities for stories that would entertain and show how people evolve and grow have been ignored.  Black and white with no shades of gray is so boring and unrealistic.

Shame on Corday for ruining a great legacy.

Point in fact: Abifail uber hypocrite/slut touted as a good girl/prize.  Theresa the unrelenting bad girl with no redeeming qualities.  Xander the loony, charming, oily bad guy dtiched for what?  Stefano is too old to be very menacing.  NewChad with his too big suits and short stature pretending to be a DiMera is a joke. Nicole who is no longer fun, funny or entertaining. Maggie the Magnificent who knows all, is mother to all and has reduced Victor to lapdog status. FakeWill who is stomach churningly unwatchable and unrootable. Lucas and Granny fall in love.  Please. Eric, the hypocritical bore is a waste of a legacy character. The sets are a joke.  One office for all, one hospital room for all, mansions that are now closets and fake trees is all Days has anymore.  How sad and laughable.

Still, for all that, some good writing might shine the show up a bit but I'm not holding my breath.  KC still holds the reins and he has proved to be unrelentingly blind as to what is good or what is bad.

• Love 4

WOOT! Yup. You said it.

I just hate how they seem to resist doing things that would please the audience, like wrapping up unfinished storylines or character arcs. They bring Kristin back and show her with a baby, but she doesn't get a single scene of tenderness with the child? This miracle child she spent her entire adult life hoping to finally have? Instead, she's just wearing a Real Housewives dress and swirling a glass of wine and scheming. Seriously? Ugh. To say nothing of the "trip" out the window.

Is it true that Eileen Davidson had to insist on a Susan subplot in order to agree to return to the show following the Eric Rape storyline? You'd think they would have known they could use Susan in some capacity, since Eileen enjoyed the character and her son EJ is now a leading figure on the canvas. But nope - the actor has to practically beg them to do the obvious. Susan's couple of scenes were crowd-pleasing to be sure.

• Love 1

I am bitter  that Wilson have been destroyed for no reason at all because Tomsell who are gay themselves were too incompetent and unimaginative to write a loving young gay couple dealing with life in Salem...Fuck you Tomsell!

• Love 2

They showed plenty of Kritter holding and cooing on the baby, no problem with that.  I'd definitely would have liked more Susan though but I guess more Jar Jar scenes were needed.

I'm bitter because Days is setting up Clyde and Stephono to compete over who gets to have the Failure in their family.  WTF. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I am bitter that Freddie smith is leaving us...He is the heart and soul of Wilson in both incarnations...If Paul and Will do get together, I hope Sonny destroys them, especially Sparkle...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I am beyond bitter that Daniel Cosgrove has been let go therefore destroying my favorite couple, Hope and Aiden.  I've watched Days over 40 years and have taken short breaks but this time I'm quitting the show for good. In fact, I'm actively rooting for the new writers to fail horribly and the show to be canceled.

I'll break out the champagne when it happens.

• Love 1