Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E13: Top 6 Perform + Eliminations

• Start Topic

My God- Anya is ridiculous (glad she went back to darker hair).  I'm sure Ricky did well- but I could not take my eyes off her. Ok- that's not true.  He did well enough- especially not looking like a little kid next to her. The big issue I had was he was just a bit to happy-smiley.  Not smoulder-smiling they way someone like Dimitri would.  

I think I am just really disappointed in this season...there is no excitement for me.  I'm so bored and I don't want to be.

Can you imagine how cool that wedding hip hop would have been with someone like Comfort?

• Love 3

I feel like this entire season has been phoned in.  The only two highlights for me were Anya as an all-star and Misty as a judge.  Even Twitch and LoFro (two of my absolute favourites from the show) didn't do anything for me this season.  Hell, I hated Fik-shun last season, and I think he was better than any of the dancers this season.  They've all been so boring, bland, and (at best) moderately talented dancers.  I think I've FF'ed through most of the season.  And I don't recall a season where not even one dance was memorable to me.  Yawn!

• Love 2

Every week I become more and more convinced that the winner has been preapproved by the producers of On the Town and "America's most popular dancer" will coincidentally be the best singer & dancer combination that they had.

Doesn't make much sense to have a tone deaf chorus member......

Twitch couldn't stand out as much because he definitely toned it down so that the contestants didn't look too bad.  I noticed that with Fik-shun and Zack's dance too.  Zack did a good job considering that dance was not his style at all.  However, I could tell that Fik-shun wasn't dancing all out.  Even with the all-stars trying to make the contestants shine, it was very difficult not to look at them when they were so much better.  I'm especially thinking of Allison, Comfort, Ryan with Valerie, Will with Jessica, etc.

• Love 1
Even with the all-stars trying to make the contestants shine, it was very difficult not to look at them when they were so much better.  I'm especially thinking of Allison, Comfort, Ryan with Valerie, Will with Jessica, etc.

I agree.  I don't remember having so much trouble focusing on the contestants when the All-Stars are dancing.  It's one of the reasons I give Ricky so much credit for shining so much with Anya.. 

I like the All-Stars format and I love seeing some of the All-Stars dance, but I do think it would be nicer to the contestants if they didn't overuse some of the very best All-Stars so the contestants could shine a bit more.  Of course, then I might compare the All-Star unfavorably to what could have been.  It's a lose-lose if I think about it,.  Glad I don't have to produce this show.

Question for Latin Ballroom folks. There is this move where the women spins rapidly with her arms straight up.  The male partner puts his hands up to match her and it looks like he is switching his hands to keep up.  Is he actually helping her spin? Or is it just a display of coordination -  like the Latin ballroom version of tutting?

I'm liking this season so much more than last year, which I gave up on a third of the way into the season when it was clear they had already awarded the crown to Fik-Shun (whom I never warmed up to).  At least there is still a question as to who will win, this year.

Twitch couldn't stand out as much because he definitely toned it down so that the contestants didn't look too bad.  I noticed that with Fik-shun and Zack's dance too.  Zack did a good job considering that dance was not his style at all.  However, I could tell that Fik-shun wasn't dancing all out.  Even with the all-stars trying to make the contestants shine, it was very difficult not to look at them when they were so much better.  I'm especially thinking of Allison, Comfort, Ryan with Valerie, Will with Jessica, etc.

Twitch always tones it down (unless he's with a hip hopper).  His approach as an All Star is to be more like a teacher / ambassador than a dancer, unlike, say, Comfort and Allison who always bring it.  I prefer the All Starts who let the constestants sink or swim.

After seeing Ryan as an All Star, I don't see why he isn't a pro on DWTS. He is really awesome and can handle a less skilled partner.

Ryan's been a pro on what I think is the Mexican DWTS, Mi sueño es bailar. I can't read Spanish very well, but I think he's been on it for three years.

He was also in the troupe when DWTS had a show running in Vegas a few years ago. When Artem was injured and had to drop out, Ryan took over his featured dancer dances. He was great. (Anya was, too!)

At least they work with him somehow?

I've been very happy to see him as an All-star.

• Love 4

Well- at the very least I am happy to know others love Ryan as much as I do.  Obviously, the judges never verbally articulate how awesome he is- but I always felt during his season the audience never really gave him his due either so it is nice to hear it now.  I guess since the show uses him as an All-Star, they must like him but I would kill to see him on DWTS.  Anya too.  That's another show that could benefit from a shake-up in the cast (ex- see Tristan's popularity)

I would love to see Ryan, Pasha, and Anya on DWTS.  I'm bummed that Tristan is not longer on it but I'm, happy for him that he's in Strictly.  I hate how the judges treat Ryan.  Cat is the only one that acknowledges that he is there.

• Love 1

Every week I become more and more convinced that the winner has been preapproved by the producers of On the Town and "America's most popular dancer" will coincidentally be the best singer & dancer combination that they had.

Doesn't make much sense to have a tone deaf chorus member......

While I don't think that the winner has been pre-approved, I would agree with your hypothesis that the broadway prize influenced decisions - especially selection of the top 20 - so that it would be possible to place (whomever wins) on the show in some capacity.  The prize isn't that they get to "star" in the show.  Just that they get to BE in the show.  At some point in the past (I think it was way back in Season 4) Adam Shankman offered the winner of one season a "part" in one of the Step Up movies. Given the size of the cast, that wasn't a difficult decision to honour.  Not only the winner got a part, but quite a few other who weren't even close to winning got parts. 

Do we know who is doing choreography for On the Town?  Spencer? Even if it is not him, he will be able to provide valuable feedback on just what the winner is capable of, and where to place him (I totally believe the winner will NOT be a girl). I also think that if Zack doesn't win (hoping he does though) he could audition and get a part anyway. 

• Love 1

Do we know who is doing choreography for On the Town?  Spencer? Even if it is not him, he will be able to provide valuable feedback on just what the winner is capable of, and where to place him (I totally believe the winner will NOT be a girl). I also think that if Zack doesn't win (hoping he does though) he could audition and get a part anyway. 

It's Josh Bergasse, who choreographed the Top 18 "New York, New York" routine. So he's at least met and worked with everyone.

• Love 1

I was listening to the AfterBuzz podcast for this episode; Spencer Liff was the special guest, and he said Zack told him he was interested in pursuing a career in Broadway, so who knows if TPTB are aware of that...