Type keyword(s) to search

S34.E04: Everyone’s an Artist

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

38 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

But the next time she is asked to do something incredibly difficult and back-breaking (like folding table napkins, or something) she will be "You see? I told you I wanted to quit! Now this latest failure is your fault!"

OMG, not the dreaded “folding table napkins“ task? I wouldn’t blame her for trying to run away from that. Do you have any idea how many Bothans died to accomplish that? 

• LOL 11
7 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

To immediately see a task and declare that one knows it is something one cannot do is kind of beyond belief.  How do you know you can't do something if you're not willing to try?  Work through it.  Maybe this is what happens when everyone else (including parents) immediately steps in to do the work when someone cries that it's "too hard."  I understand being overwhelmed by something, but then one just gets to it in order to try to get it done.

To be fair, there are tasks that are obviously impossible to do. If I were presented with (what I thought was) a solid block of marble and told to chisel a Michelangelo-quality sculpture out of it, with no other context or considerations, I wouldn’t need to try to know that I simply cannot do it.  I mean, there is a nonzero  chance, I suppose, that I am a genius and don’t know it and would be able to knock it out, but it’s highly unlikely. So it would be a safe assumption that it would be a waste of time and effort to try.

But, of course, Dom did have other considerations. This is TAR, it’s very unlikely that she would be given something that’s actually impossible. And here are people around her that seem to be doing pretty well with the task. This all should suggest to her that maybe the task is not what she thinks it is. I cannot believe she didn’t immediately go to reread the clue or actually thought that the others were experienced sculptors.

16 hours ago, KeithJ said:

The editing with them in the car seemed a little strange. First Dom had a mask on and Rich had nothing.  Next time we see them on the same drive, Dom had nothing on and Rich had a mask around his neck.

That was funny, they had the same kind of mask and it almost looked like passing it back and forth between them. I’m sure they simply were filmed after stopping and getting out of the car to ask for directions or interacting with people on the street for some other reason. Otherwise, I can’t imagine why you would wear a mask in the car when you felt perfectly fine not wearing it some time before and after.

The fashion shoots were Zoolander-level ridiculous. I liked how one of the brothers referred to the giant feather one of the models was holding as “her broomstick”.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

You might wear a mask in the car because there are two other people in it with you and your partner.  And you don't know anything about those two other people.  Wearing a mask in the car is prudent.

One more bad driver eliminated.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Heh, and I thought I was the only one seeing that mitch Kevin Hart’s face whenever I looked at Lumumba!  I like him and his wife.

Yay to the sisters getting 1st place!  They are so sweet and smart.

I must be the only one that doesn’t care for Luis, he’s annoying af and isn’t funny at all.

I don’t think Derek and Claire are long for the race….I saw a pic of them with Rich/Dom on the Real Love Boat posing with Taylor and Joseph from BB.  Sucks if this is true as I am rooting for them.

Co-sign to the Sharik side eyes….heiffa, just stay in the race for Daddy wouldya?!  I was screaming for her to STFU with all that whining.

Finally, Dom I don’t know how in the bluedilly hell you could call yourself a motivator with a straight face, since you’ve had a breakdown with damn near all the missions!  And was I seeing armpit hair when she was sculpting?  I mean, earthy is great and all (I don’t shave my legs….what?!) but I think armpit hair on a woman is gross.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

I don’t think Derek and Claire are long for the race….I saw a pic of them with Rich/Dom on the Real Love Boat posing with Taylor and Joseph from BB.  Sucks if this is true as I am rooting for them.

That was just a week or two ago. Pretty sure the race has been over for awhile. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

With quitter Dom, I don’t know which was more idiotic….thinking that every other team had at least one accomplished sculptor on the team or that even these super sculptors could have sculpted that level of detail in less than an hour?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11

Even with Dom, this has been the most enjoyable race in a while. Sure, I have quibbles about the tasks and destinations but it's so nice to watch a show where people might be competitive or get frustrated but people aren't scheming or fighting with each other or doing other nonsense things that get you the villain edit. And no one is going too hard on trying to be a media personality either. I got really burned out on the old style of reality TV. 

Yeah, and something else I just realized: we have no social media influencers/pseudo celebs. That's a first in quite a while. 

You might wear a mask in the car because there are two other people in it with you and your partner.  And you don't know anything about those two other people.  Wearing a mask in the car is prudent.

Sure but their mask-wearing was random and inconsistent. Maybe they asked the camera man to stick his head out the window when they lowered or removed their masks. 

Derek seems to be a bit of a nonentity.

Derek had a very low-key personality on Big Brother too. He's not a "character." 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I will echo all y'all who suggested Dom and Sharik be eliminated and Linton and Rich race together as a new team.  The level of whining this leg was utterly ridiculous.  Dom was the worst!  I am not the least bit sad to see her go.

The sisters, meanwhile, are killing it.  So glad they got a number one.  I wasn't sure about them at the beginning, but I'm on Team Twins for sure.

• Love 12
14 hours ago, PhoneCop said:

I still kind of wish Aastha and Nina had lasted longer, just because the only coed teams I really like are Derek/Claire and Glenda/Lumumba; everybody else is kind of an indistinct blur. I'm glad the two sibling pairs are shaping up to be contenders—hopefully they can thin the herd of hookless duos. 

The show really needs to run its full opening credits at this early stage. There are four dating/married teams that are completely interchangeable to me.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, Fake Jan Brady said:

The show really needs to run its full opening credits at this early stage. There are four dating/married teams that are completely interchangeable to me.

and aren't at least 3 of them dancers of some type?   I couldn't tell you their names or anything of distinction about the 3 couple pairs at this point other than "oh it's one of those ballroom/pitbull dancer/cheerleader couples" when I see them then I immediately forget they exist.  Oh and the other two (I think both dating) each with a girl with long blonde hair.   That's at least five couples that so far have made no impression on me whatsoever.

I am loving the twins but every time I see them I can't help think of the  twins that were on the race however long ago and I hear "Twining/Twinie!" screamed in my head.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, RockShrimp said:

I said in the first episode that there’s 2 kinds of people who become motivational speakers: people who’ve hit rock bottom and survived, and people who have never actually faced any adversity in their lives ever. Guess we know which they are…

5 hours ago, Tango64 said:

Dom and Rich are already spinning her behavior into a motivational speech. https://parade.com/tv/the-amazing-race-34-rich-kuo-dom-jones-eliminated-interview

After reading their interview, I still think they are in category #3: narcissists 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, I Want My MBTV said:

I couldn't tell you their names or anything of distinction about the 3 couple pairs at this point other than "oh it's one of those ballroom/pitbull dancer/cheerleader couples" when I see them then I immediately forget they exist

I told my daughter that I didn't remember one of the teams and she said I said the same thing last week. I truly did not remember them so I took note the next time they showed their names and one of them was Aubrey, I've already forgotten the other one.

• Love 1

and aren't at least 3 of them dancers of some type?   I couldn't tell you their names or anything of distinction about the 3 couple pairs at this point other than "oh it's one of those ballroom/pitbull dancer/cheerleader couples" when I see them then I immediately forget they exist.  Oh and the other two (I think both dating) each with a girl with long blonde hair.   That's at least five couples that so far have made no impression on me whatsoever.

Aubrey and David are a couple. They are apparently both ballroom dancers, but also David is a helicopter mechanic??? 

Luis (firefighter) is with Michelle (Pitbull dancer). He makes jokes sometimes and takes on the physical tasks. She is... there. They are Team Miami.

Quinton and Mattie are the cheerleaders. Whenever we see him, I find him pretty likable. Mattie was good at the anatomy task. ngl, I did have to look up her name just now.

I forget about Amy and Will (race superfans and college sweethearts) all the time until the reappear on the screen. I remember who they are, I just forget they're in the race. They're from Alabama. 

I think the other blonde you're referring to is Claire from the Big Brother team. I like them for the most part but I agree with earlier comments that Derek kind of fades into the background which makes his choice to be an influencer questionable.

Sharik (of the father/daughter team) also apparently dances (though not professionally). 

idk, I don't have to care deeply about every team. They just have to be likable enough on screen and stand out enough for me to keep track of who is getting eliminated. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

It's lame being a day behind thanks to the switch to 10PM...just saying.

Aint that a bitch indeed?! 

In what universe was that not the title of this episode?

More questions...how on earth did Dom and Jamican daugter get past whatever screening TAR has in place. The daughter is like a Hollywood fabrication of an obnoxious, self centered caricature of a Millenial (I know that's not spell right so forgive me) and Dom is straight up Looney Tunes-a cartoon character come to life right down to the rainbow hair.

Rich is literally a shell...a puppet...

and poor Jamican dad is so sweet...how can he  possibly share DNA with that whiney loser?

Speaking of DNA...the one built in flaw in the DNA of Reality Shows are the confessionals/diary rooms. They telegraph too much. Last week I was able to predict the twins winning based on how bright the daylight was in their confessionals. Also usually you can tell who lost a competition by the demeanor. I wish they didn't do them.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, DEL901 said:

With quitter Dom, I don’t know which was more idiotic….thinking that every other team had at least one accomplished sculptor on the team or that even these super sculptors could have sculpted that level of detail in less than an hour?

I think agin it’s nerves with her.  She doesn’t handle the pressure that well.

If not for her job and her saying a few BS motivational speaker things at the start of the season, people might be more sympathetic.

Twins caught up to the brothers real fast.  Not sure if they’re that good at navigation or there was some luck.  No question both are performing well with the tasks though.  They would do well in the final because you assume they’re observing details and logging things about the season they will have to reconstruct later.

Other teams have shown themselves to be mostly competent but not really excelling.

Things might get tighter as more bad teams are eliminated.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, InDueTime said:

Really, Sharik? A single Roadblock with no running, lifting, eating, memorizing, dancing, or building is enough for you to quit? Wow. At least they're still in it for Linton's sake.

Dom and Sharik are teaming up to do a motivational speaking series titled, The Power of Quitting!

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

I am looking to see some 'cognitive endurance' challenges (not sure what to call them) like when they need to look under 500 seats for a clue, or listen to 500 phones for a signal.. those are the kinds of challenges where we see what teams are made of.  These so far have seem pretty light weight, in my opinon.

• Love 4
On 10/12/2022 at 10:15 PM, InDueTime said:

Really, Sharik? A single Roadblock with no running, lifting, eating, memorizing, dancing, or building is enough for you to quit? Wow. At least they're still in it for Linton's sake.

If Dom didn't spend so much time fussing about that statue, she and Rich would likely still be racing. 

"Linton and Sharik!  Rich and Dom!  Drop your buffs!  We are switching teams!"

Good night, nurse.  If only...

Why can't TAR borrow a few Survivorisms?

• Wink 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, I Want My MBTV said:

I am loving the twins but every time I see them I can't help think of the  twins that were on the race however long ago and I hear "Twining/Twinie!" screamed in my head.

Same. I am Team Molly & Emily as well.  And yes, as soon as I saw them, Natalie & Nadiya came right to mind. "Twinnie!"

I was also shocked at Dom trying to quit the Roadblock.  "I am not a master sculptor!"  Honey, neither are the other racers.  She did the main cardinal sin that several racers have already committed this season: Not. Reading. The. Clue.  Rich is a saint. 

Hopefully Linton gets to enjoy the next leg before he gets Philiminated. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, aghst said:

I think agin it’s nerves with her.  She doesn’t handle the pressure that well.

If not for her job and her saying a few BS motivational speaker things at the start of the season, people might be more sympathetic.

I doubt it.  Come on, she thought every other racer at the roadblock could sculpt a perfect, detailed marble statue period let alone in less than an hour?  There are nerves then there is just plain idiocy.  And yeah being a "motivational speaker" aka a fake occupation doesn't stand her in good stead with me.  It just makes it worse because it points out the hypocrisy of her so-called "profession" as in quitting is the new motivation.

• Like 2
  • Love 8

This season’s participants are just not resonating with me, except for the twins. I know no one’s names and I am not sure I care to. I am just thrilled that the couple that got eliminated are gone. I could not imagine living with her every day. So go twins I guess. 

• Like 2

I was prepared to cut Sharik some slack, since I'm the sort of person who will deal, but I have to be dramatic first. So I expected her to whinge for a few minutes then shake her hands, drink some water, and gather herself. But noooooooo! She kept up a steady stream of pouting like a teenager--dragging her feet, spitting out "I don't want water!" and whining "I want to go hoooooome!" all the way to the mat! Jesus, girl. Pull yourself together. Her father is a goddamn saint, bless him for that. For his sake I hope she hangs in there. Meanwhile, Flo, wherever you may be, you may finally be dethroned as the Queen of TAR whiners. 

How have we made it to season 800 or whatever of The Amazing Race and there are still people who don't know the most rudimentary rules? Read the clue! Learn to drive a stick! 

• Like 3
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, meep.meep said:

You might wear a mask in the car because there are two other people in it with you and your partner.  And you don't know anything about those two other people.  Wearing a mask in the car is prudent.

This is a TV production. You know that the camera guy and sound guy are tested every day. Also they stay with you throughout the race. There is a reason why nobody in the car wears a mask.

16 hours ago, pennben said:

That was just a week or two ago. Pretty sure the race has been over for awhile. 

Also teams get sequestered and/or run decoy until the race is over. So they all get out at the same time.

15 hours ago, I Want My MBTV said:

and aren't at least 3 of them dancers of some type?   I couldn't tell you their names or anything of distinction about the 3 couple pairs at this point other than "oh it's one of those ballroom/pitbull dancer/cheerleader couples" when I see them then I immediately forget they exist.

The cheerleaders aren't dating. Also they haven't mentioned it yet, but my gaydar would have to extremely broken if Quinton wasn't into people with a lot more penis than Mattie has.

12 hours ago, North of Eden said:

The daughter is like a Hollywood fabrication of an obnoxious, self centered caricature of a Millenial (I know that's not spell right so forgive me)

As a Millennial I want it noted that she is Gen Z.

1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

How have we made it to season 800 or whatever of The Amazing Race and there are still people who don't know the most rudimentary rules? Read the clue!

To be fair "reveal the statue within" could be read as follow Michelangelo's philosophy and chisel a statue out of marble. So this wasn't as much "read the clue" as "do you really think all your fellow contestents are master sculptors and TPTB would make you chisel a statue from scratch?".

• Like 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Meanwhile, Flo, wherever you may be, you may finally be dethroned as the Queen of TAR whiners.

Sharik needs to up the volume a LOT before this comes anywhere close to happening.

17 hours ago, DEL901 said:

And all of the sculptures being the exact same size!! That would be quite a feat!

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, PurpleTentacle said:

The cheerleaders aren't dating. Also they haven't mentioned it yet, but my gaydar would have to extremely broken if Quinton wasn't into people with a lot more penis than Mattie has.

Teensy bit of bi-erasure there.  While I agree that Quinton is definitely giving off the vibes as being someone in the queer community (and my gaydar is pretty poor, so for me to get that read says something), he could be fond of the vagina as well as the penis.  

Just not hers.  They almost have a sibling vibe to them, rather than that of a possible or ex-couple.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, shura said:

To be fair, there are tasks that are obviously impossible to do. If I were presented with (what I thought was) a solid block of marble and told to chisel a Michelangelo-quality sculpture out of it, with no other context or considerations, I wouldn’t need to try to know that I simply cannot do it.  I mean, there is a nonzero  chance, I suppose, that I am a genius and don’t know it and would be able to knock it out, but it’s highly unlikely. So it would be a safe assumption that it would be a waste of time and effort to try.

I suspect that you'd actually read the clue, though, which apparently Dom couldn't bother to do before whining.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

I suspect that you'd actually read the clue, though, which apparently Dom couldn't bother to do before whining.

Not only that but actually look around to see what everyone else was doing, and so see them knock off some plaster to reveal part of the statue. (which is why I though they should be in a place where others couldn't see what you were doing). Plus a little mental math, not my strong suit by any means, but if you see the person that left 30 minutes or whatever before you with half a statue showing you should realize this isn't going to take a lot of time, certainly not 4 hours! I forget if it was her or Sharik that said they'd been there about an hour and a half when they had finished. And they were one of the ones that had multiple checks called.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I don’t think there have ever been so many teams that I haven’t gotten a handle on by this point.

Same! I am struggling with all of the middle of the pack teams, except for the cheerleaders who I quite like. Nobody is horrible (with the exception of the two whiners this week) but nobody stands out either.

I cannot fathom the hideous attitudes of Sharik and Dom. I really wish there could have been a double elimination. I feel bad for Sharik's dad, but she doesn't deserve this opportunity. And bitching about that roadblock which was tedious but not hard? I don't feel like they will be around much longer because she will have to do more than this one roadblock. Contrast these two women's attitudes with Tall Wife/Short Husband (sorry no names for most yet!) who were dead last at the start of this leg, but just kept trying.

Love the brothers and sisters.

• Love 3

I couldn’t believe I was actually rooting for Dom.  That’s how much Sharik was pissing me off.  Even on the mat, good lord, and what she said to Phil.  I get being mad or frustrated at the end of the task, but the way she doesn’t give seem to give a shit for the rest of the leg, that seemed like more than killer fatigue.

• Like 4
  • Love 5

Dom was the worst! 

I don't know, I almost think Sharik was worse. Dom wanted to take a 4-hour penalty at the Roadblock but at no time did she say she wanted to just quit and go home. Unlike Sharik. By the time it came down to those two teams I honestly did not care which one went. They both need to go. That is - Dom and Sharik both need to go. I don't know how sorry I feel for Rich or Linton. The former lives with the woman every day, he knew what he was getting into, and it seems like Linton should have know what kind of race partner his daughter would make as well.

I don’t think there have ever been so many teams that I haven’t gotten a handle on by this point.

I have gotten into the habit of making a list during the first episode. Names and "occupations." Or "hook." I do it with Survivor as well. It helps - a lot. I'm having trouble distinguishing between Aubrey and David and Michelle and Luis but other than them I know who everyone is on sight. (Aubrey has blonde hair or blonde highlights, so I'm getting better with her.)

That said, I thought they did a bad job introducing the teams in the premier. They really needed either 90 minutes or 2 hours to really give us better intro packages. 

• Love 3

I started to read the parade interview of Dom and Rich but only got about half way because it was insufferable.  they can try to spin it any way they want, but giving up without even trying will never seem motivational to me.  

I, too, was appalled at Sharik. apparently, she's on social media telling people to be nice because she's "neurodivergent" which was a term used for autism spectrum disorders but has been expanded to include others.

being a rather anxious person myself, I'm not downplaying her disorder, but I have to wonder why she thought she could do this show.  the constant interruptions to circadian rhythms and lack of sleep is devastating to anyone, so I imagine it would only be worse for someone like her. it's why I recognize I could never do this show, I need my sleep!''

but I don't think anxiety explains her complaints about her arms hurting so much. that was a fairly easy physical task.  she should be happy she didn't need to search hay rolls for a clue....remember the poor player that did that for hours and Phil finally had to come out and tell her they were out of the race, but she had not given up.  plus, I think most people were more appalled at how she acted whining to her father than anything else. 

it seemed to me Derek was the only one doing it with some thought.  once the big pieces were gone, he switched to smaller tools, and he was even using sand paper to smooth areas.  the rest kept hammering away with the big mallet and chisel.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, watch2much said:

it seemed to me Derek was the only one doing it with some thought.  once the big pieces were gone, he switched to smaller tools, and he was even using sand paper to smooth areas.  the rest kept hammering away with the big mallet and chisel.

yep, I kept saying, use the brush! but they kept chipping away.

• Love 7
On 10/12/2022 at 10:13 PM, Tango64 said:

Dom: You need to multitask as you drive.

Rich: Yes, boo, I hear you.

Dom: What did I say?!!!!

Then later….

Dom: This sculpture task is not my thing. I quit. I quit. I quit. Let’s take a four-hour penalty.

Good riddance. 

She really pissed me off when he's trying to drive and she couldn't even tell him where to go. Was she just along for the ride? Give him some directions, you're a team. It isn't all on his shoulders Ms. Positivity. Then she gets to the sculpture and says this isn't my thing. It wasn't anyone's. I could not believe she wanted to take the penalty and not even try. Wow! And this coming from a motivational speaker. Are you kidding me? 

Then the daughter just giving up. I understand she was tired and I've really liked them. I understand she has anxiety but she was actually her own worse enemy with wanting to quit and wanting to go home. Yes, she was tired, I get it. But come on. 

Between her and Dom, and Dom's crying, omg. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, toodywoody said:

Then the daughter just giving up. I understand she was tired and I've really liked them. I understand she has anxiety but she was actually her own worse enemy with wanting to quit and wanting to go home. Yes, she was tired, I get it. But come on. 

The thing is, she completed the task and made it to the pitstop in time to avoid elimination. They successfully completed the Uberleg! And her take-away from this was that she should drop out of the race entirely? Is it that she doesn't know how much this means to Linton? Or is it that she just doesn't care?

I think she just wanted out and if the challenge had been to eat a stick of candyfloss it would have been enough for her to be telling Phil "I had to eat candyfloss! Have you ever had to eat candyfloss?!??" I really wanted her to be thrown out of the game on the spot. We have had 700+ racers in the 34 seasons. Have there been even a half-dozen that just wanted to quit?

But I'm glad she agreed to hang in. Because if ever the race needed to purge itself of someone horrible, it was "Boo". And now she is gone, we can let Sharik screw up next week, and blame it on poor Linton for making her stay in. Which you know is going to happen and soon.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Netfoot said:

The thing is, she completed the task and made it to the pitstop in time to avoid elimination. They successfully completed the Uberleg! And her take-away from this was that she should drop out of the race entirely? Is it that she doesn't know how much this means to Linton? Or is it that she just doesn't care?

I think she just wanted out and if the challenge had been to eat a stick of candyfloss it would have been enough for her to be telling Phil "I had to eat candyfloss! Have you ever had to eat candyfloss?!??" I really wanted her to be thrown out of the game on the spot. We have had 700+ racers in the 34 seasons. Have there been even a half-dozen that just wanted to quit?

But I'm glad she agreed to hang in. Because if ever the race needed to purge itself of someone horrible, it was "Boo". And now she is gone, we can let Sharik screw up next week, and blame it on poor Linton for making her stay in. Which you know is going to happen and soon.

And here I was Routing for them.  I liked them both, mean Linton and Sharik. I still like him but now think she's just going to make excuses about everything and if she is neurodivergent, why do this race? So which is it? You're neurodivergent, have anxiety, your arms hurt or are you tired? My point I'm trying to make is if you have anxiety, which I do, I just suck it up and do whatever it is that needs to get done to get it over with, then I realize it wasn't that bad. I get anxiety over being around new people and new things. This show is around people you don't know and you're doing things you never have and most likely never will. So why go on this show knowing you're going to freak out? Which to me wasn't even a freak out. It was being a big baby and whiner and just wanting to quit because things didn't go your way.

It still baffles me that people who send in their application to do this show still don't know how to drive a stick,  are in relatively good shape (or at least if you are thinking about go get into shape), know how to read a map, and know how to swim.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I was prepared to cut Sharik some slack, since I'm the sort of person who will deal, but I have to be dramatic first.

Same. I may complain the whole time, or get pissy in the moment and then complain at home, but I will power through once I've committed to something. I was surprised when she stopped participating (e.g. standing in place and refusing to walk anymore or ask for directions) though she did eventually continue to tag along once they knew where they were going. But I was surprised at how seriously she seemed to be ready to quit. I kept expecting her to bounce back as they were getting closer to finishing the leg. 

I, too, was appalled at Sharik. apparently, she's on social media telling people to be nice because she's "neurodivergent" which was a term used for autism spectrum disorders but has been expanded to include others.

being a rather anxious person myself, I'm not downplaying her disorder, but I have to wonder why she thought she could do this show.  the constant interruptions to circadian rhythms and lack of sleep is devastating to anyone, so I imagine it would only be worse for someone like her. it's why I recognize I could never do this show, I need my sleep!''

but I don't think anxiety explains her complaints about her arms hurting so much. that was a fairly easy physical task.  she should be happy she didn't need to search hay rolls for a clue....remember the poor player that did that for hours and Phil finally had to come out and tell her they were out of the race, but she had not given up.  plus, I think most people were more appalled at how she acted whining to her father than anything else. 

Maybe she thought she could just do the "easy" or less physical tasks? But they struggled at anatomy and she was apparently too anxious for yodeling. Look, I hate discomfort and pain and wandering around aimlessly when I'm tired, but barring a physical chronic illness, someone in good enough shape to make it through the whole race should be able to handle an hour and a half of chiseling and then navigating between a few restaurants. I am not in great shape, but it didn't seem like an unbearable task for even me, though I might be sore the next day.

• Love 8
On 10/12/2022 at 9:09 PM, Jodithgrace said:

I mean, really, did Dom actually think that all of those other contestants were creating those sculptures from scratch? I think all that hair was taking over her brain or something. All she had to do was look around.

“I don’t know how to carve intricate figures out of marble, let’s take the 4 hour penalty!” She needed a motivational speaker. 

I'm so glad they went home. 

I can’t believe how patient Sharik’s father was with her horrendous attitude after that Roadblock. I would give anything to be able to be on that Race and she wanted to quit because her arms were tired? Ugh. Between her and Dom…I didn’t know who I wanted to go home more. But Dom was my first choice because she’s been so annoying from the get go. 

My son in law is from Jordan, so I’ll be interested to see the next leg. 

I was hoping that Sharik would quit. She is such a pill. And then, when she rolled her eyes at Phil and said yes, she would continue. Gah. Go away.

• Love 2
On 10/13/2022 at 5:34 AM, Leeds said:

I really, really wish they'd had to reveal David.  I understand why they didn't (family show and all), but can you imagine how much fun the magic editors would have had with people chiseling around the goods, and chipping "bits" off and gluing them back on?

Your comment made me think of the movie Goonies, when the souvenir David statue fell on the ground and his chunky bits fell off. LOL.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, watch2much said:

but I don't think anxiety explains her complaints about her arms hurting so much. that was a fairly easy physical task.

I disagree.  If I had to stand and hold my arms up chiseling for a couple of hours I would be dead.  Sharik was a whiny child afterwards, yes, but by no means was that an easy physical task.

Every time I see Glenda in a talking head, she reminds me of someone, but I can't think who.  Anyone?

10 hours ago, SVNBob said:

Teensy bit of bi-erasure there.  While I agree that Quinton is definitely giving off the vibes as being someone in the queer community (and my gaydar is pretty poor, so for me to get that read says something), he could be fond of the vagina as well as the penis.  

A lot of things are possible. It is possible that there is intelligent life in the Alpha Centauri System. Just very unlikely. I'm pretty sure my dude is very gay.

It's far more likely that there are straight-passing bi people in the young dating couples.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, PurpleTentacle said:

Quinton is quite out.  All the articles about him joining the Rams' squad mention he's gay.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, QuantumMechanic said:

Quinton is quite out.  All the articles about him joining the Rams' squad mention he's gay.

I assumed he was out. I just meant they didn't mention it on the race yet. I don't read outside articles about teams. I'm not that invested in them. But good to have confirmation that my gaydar is still functional.

Edited by PurpleTentacle
  • Like 1