Type keyword(s) to search

S43.E04: Show No Mercy

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Caseysgirl said:

Cody’s a showboat who I don’t particularly like but he wowed me with his negotiating skills( I will never buy a used car from him).  I think he will be picked off when  the tribes merge but he’s interesting to watch. I like Karla because she’s no fool but she seems to have a good head for this game.

I like Karla too.   And she’s easy to underestimate physically, but she is pretty effective physically.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I was kinda sad to see Lindsay go, but not for any reasons to do with Lindsay per se.  Lindsay bore an eerily uncanny resemblance to the daughter of some friends of mine, but not as their daughter looks now - more like what their daughter will look like, in about 15 years or so. So seeing Future Her on the tv was pretty cool, so long as I could get to the mute button fast enough.  😄

• LOL 3

This was such a satisfying boot.  Bye Lindsay!  So nice that you joined the show in Episode 4 as a brand-new, heretofore unseen and silent character, and then practically booted yourself off.  Even before she got all paranoid before the vote, I found her utterly unlikeable in the way she was interacting with Cody when he came to steal something.  It was part of the rules, his tribe won, they chose to steal from you, get over it and lose the attitude.

Not sure how or why Geo got so smug but I can see how others will find him annoying.

Also not sure how Ryan didn't get mentioned at all for eviction.  He may be big and strong but he basically lost both challenges for them.  He was horrible at throwing the beanbags at the blocks and they never recovered.  And he was pretty bad in the immunity challenge too.

I'm still all-in for Cody, he is by far my favourite character, so I loved that his team won both challenges.  His skill at the beanbags gave them a big lead.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

Also not sure how Ryan didn't get mentioned at all for eviction.  He may be big and strong but he basically lost both challenges for them.  He was horrible at throwing the beanbags at the blocks and they never recovered.  And he was pretty bad in the immunity challenge too.

He's a man and for some reason that alone means he's an asset in challenges even though like you said he was actually the main reason they lost these challenges.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Another Karla fan here, as well as James.  The look that passed between them when James was trying to talk Lindsay off the ledge was hilarious.  I knew at that point that Lindsay had talked herself into getting the boot. 

Cody's veiled threat to Noelle that she better not let them down (or however he worded it) after coming back from tribal was pretty shitty.  I'm not sure if I like him or not.

• Like 2
On 10/12/2022 at 6:08 PM, tracyscott76 said:

Ready for a guy to be voted out, honestly. I'm sure it will even out eventually but it's a little frustrating at this point. Especially since there are several guys I'm quite ready to lose 

On 10/12/2022 at 6:36 PM, Lamb18 said:

I wish Geo had gone, mainly because only women have been voted out so far

On 10/13/2022 at 9:27 AM, BexKeps said:

And what I saw was pretty bad, my heavens she went batshit for absolutely no reason.

"It's not paranoia when they are out to get you."  There have been very very few women's alliances that have lasted more than a few episodes, whereas the "Bro's" often stick together (and are usually my least favorite people).  Couple that with the fact that the first 3 out are all women and it's a lot more likely that they would come for her.  I think that she could have and should have expressed this more clearly so her tribemates got where she was coming from.  So I don't think it's all her fault (never mind that women always have to meet a higher standard than men).

At least they kicked off the two Black women early so they could avoid another charge of racism!

• Applause 2

I was relatively neutral on Karla until this episode when she TH'd re Cody, "Dude, you're from Idaho.  Chill out."  [Edited to specify:  this made me swing to the "like this player" column!]

I also thought the episode title should have been "why is there a palm frond on me?!"  From the relatively forgettable short-lived reality show "I Survived a Japanese Game Show," my son and I still say "Why? am I? a Bug?!" which was a clip used frequently in commercials.  (Often paired with quoting "Evidently a bug.  How strange" from Calvin and Hobbes).  

Edited by Jobiska
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Jobiska said:

I was relatively neutral on Karla until this episode when she TH'd re Cody, "Dude, you're from Idaho.  Chill out." 

She said that when she was saying something about how Cody was being pretentious about living in Hawaii. I didn't take it as an actual dig at Idaho so much as her emphasizing that he wasn't Hawaiian since he was from Idaho (which is just a wee bit different from Hawaii, I understand).

• Love 1
6 hours ago, simplyme said:

She said that when she was saying something about how Cody was being pretentious about living in Hawaii. I didn't take it as an actual dig at Idaho so much as her emphasizing that he wasn't Hawaiian since he was from Idaho (which is just a wee bit different from Hawaii, I understand).

I should have been specific--that made me positive on her!  I'll edit so as not to imply otherwise!  She cracked me up!

• Like 1
  • Love 1