Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Parent Traps and Heart Attacks

Pallas
  • Start Topic

The bill envelopes plot line was over the top.  Darlene is a supervisor, Ben owns a hardware store.  Dan gets social security and works. Harris has a job.   Mark has a part time job. No idea about Louise.  There should be enough money to pay the utilities.  I do agree there was no room for Louise’s nephew to live there. 
Neville is a veterinarian.  He owns his home. Jackie is contributing her own way with the sports bar.  There no reason why they couldn’t take care of a teenager for a year or two.  Neville just didn’t want to.  Which was awful since he took in his ex girlfriends son, when he didn’t even need to. 

Edited by mythoughtis
Spelling
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Neville is a veterinarian.  He owns his home. Jackie is contributing her own way with the sports bar.  There no reason why they couldn’t take care of a teenager for a yea or two.  Neville just didn’t want to.  Which was awful since he took in his ex girlfriends son, when he didn’t even need to. 

Yes, this is what makes no sense.

Even if Neville hated his brother, it seems crazy that he would be so cold-hearted to his nephew.

Darlene is playing Russian Roulette with her sister about bills but she is planning to move into a huge house that her father is updating for free.  

Does she realize how huge the heating bills will be for a place that size?

Also, as you mentioned many of these people have decent jobs or are small business owners who should be making a fair living.

I don't know why I try to inject reality into this show. The older episodes of Roseanne were amazingly realistic but this show set its own course a long time ago.

• Applause 2
  • Love 2

Aaron and Neville.  Someone on the show must be a fan, because I don't think any of those brothers had hit yet back when these brothers were born (assuming that they are close in age to Louise).

• Like 1
  • Love 1