Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E15: Are You My Person?

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, Spectator said:

I’m really hoping Justin and Alexis split on decision day, then when the reunion show airs, production includes footage of him bringing his dog back home. ❤️ I’m sure his buddy will give the dog back - it will have only been a week or two at that point.

I'll take it a step further... I hope Justin has Mya sitting beside him on the reunion show.❤️🐾

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
33 minutes ago, EXEAL said:

I'll take it a step further... I hope Justin has Mya sitting beside him on the reunion show.❤️🐾

I don’t think that will be allowed to happen. The trainer said the dog was a liability risk since she had been proven to bite other dogs and did so while being trained.  Justin will take her back, but  if she bites someone or someone’s pet, he will get sued.  

I do think I that Alexis  should have discussed  her ‘90%’  with Justin before he decided to send Mya home with Chris.  She obviously knew what she thought and she also knew why he was giving the dog  away. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

This is my read on Nate. 

He portrays himself as a "day trader."  Not sure the recessionary market is generating a lot of $$$ in a steady, reliable and continuing manner to him.  I don't see him as having a lot of savings or other sources of income. 

I think it's the show that portrays him as a day trader; I don't remember hearing him talking about how he makes a living, except that he works from home.  But somebody here found his Linked In profile, and he has a regular job (in addition to any day trading he might or might not do)

43 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

I know Stacia is 37; however, there are many women conceiving in their 40's with few complications. 

I have a friend who unexpectedly got knocked up by her boyfriend when she was 49 with her first (and last 😀) child.  She's obviously an outlier, but...damn!

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 2

I also remember Nate saying that HE would be the stay-at-home Dad raising their baby or multiple children. He would definitely be more fun than Stacia. Maybe he could keep his place and take the kids there all day and bring them back to the museum ("do not touch") to sleep. Can you imagine seeing Stacia's face if she ever saw a crayon in HER house? Maybe she can just have the kids fed through an intravenous feeding tube so nothing drips or spills?

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

there are many women conceiving in their 40's with few complications.

I have a friend who unexpectedly got knocked up by her boyfriend when she was 49 with her first (and last 😀) child.  She's obviously an outlier, but...damn!

Definitely an outlier. A good friend of mine is an OB-GYN and combats the myth on a daily basis that "many women conceive easily in their early 40's." They don't. Everyone knows someone with a story but the truth is, fertility is way downhill at that point and the risks of complications for both mom and baby are much higher. Any mom 35 and older is automatically considered a high risk pregnancy at "advanced maternal age." The celebrities who become pregnant in their 40's - often not their own egg and not conceived the old fashioned way. But it does contribute to the easy motherhood in advanced maternal age myth. It's just biology. 

I don't blame Stacia for wanted to get going on having biological children if she wants them, particularly if she wants more than one. Honestly, the only reason I'm not surprised that she hasn't started already is that she feels so strongly about wanting her child to have a two parent family. At this point, if I were advising her, I'd tell her to get her eggs on ice now and start thinking about what's more important to her - having a child in a two-parent family or having a child at all. Depending on how things go with Nate, those may be her choices.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

if I were advising her, I'd tell her to get her eggs on ice now and start thinking about what's more important to her - having a child in a two-parent family or having a child at all. Depending on how things go with Nate, those may be her choices.

I agree with that strategy. 

That way, she won't feel the pressure to make a "go" of her marriage to Nate if that's not in her best interest.  

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Definitely an outlier. A good friend of mine is an OB-GYN and combats the myth on a daily basis that "many women conceive easily in their early 40's." They don't. Everyone knows someone with a story but the truth is, fertility is way downhill at that point and the risks of complications for both mom and baby are much higher. Any mom 35 and older is automatically considered a high risk pregnancy at "advanced maternal age." The celebrities who become pregnant in their 40's - often not their own egg and not conceived the old fashioned way. But it does contribute to the easy motherhood in advanced maternal age myth. It's just biology. 

I don't blame Stacia for wanted to get going on having biological children if she wants them, particularly if she wants more than one. Honestly, the only reason I'm not surprised that she hasn't started already is that she feels so strongly about wanting her child to have a two parent family. At this point, if I were advising her, I'd tell her to get her eggs on ice now and start thinking about what's more important to her - having a child in a two-parent family or having a child at all. Depending on how things go with Nate, those may be her choices.

I gave birth at 39 and was never considered high risk. Medicine is changing. When my son was in Kindergarten, all of us moms realized we had all given birth between 35-42. I know many women who gave birth at 35 plus. Some doctors may still consider it high risk but I was not treated any different than other moms at the practice I went to. I do live in a suburb where most couples had careers first and married and had kids later and the doctors here were used to “older” moms.

• Applause 2
  • Love 3

I hope Justin's dog stays with his buddy.

Anyone that could so easily give up your dog over a stranger you barely know must not love their dog that much.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 4
  • Why does Stacia not have a regular sized fridge?  
  • I would've thought a physical therapist would enjoy working out?  
  • Miguel makes everything so unfun.
  • Lindy is annoying but at least she can have fun instead of the fun sucker she was paired with.
  • Nate is super perceptive.  I hope he uses that perceptiveness and is successful in business, life.
  • I really hope that the giving-away-of-the-dog was just a producer ploy to begin with and that Justin really wasn't going to give away that dog for that narcissist.
Edited by Boo Boo
  • Like 1
  • Love 10

What I find odd about the dog situation is that Justin said on the aftershow that his friend drove 17 hours to pick up the dog.  If you just drove 17 hours, I would think your friend would at least let you spend the night at their place before you had to drive another 17 hours.  It seemed like the friend was there no longer than an hour or so.  Which makes me wonder if the friend actually drove the dog home or did the dog just go somewhere else for 2 weeks until this shitshow of a marriage is over. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Racj82 said:

And that's not how this works. It is their house now. She knew that coming in. He has to have say and feel like it is THEIR place because it is. 

She SAYS she knows it but her actions in the hardware store say otherwise 😄

10 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Do you end up homeless when you divorce? I don't know anybody that has. You go find another place to live. Somebody has to go and if it's Nate I don't think it would be such a bad thing since he doesn't feel comfortable in her house. Why is he even thinking about that now? No, buddy. You won't be HOMELESS!

Not homeless - but if you give yp your apartment and sell your furniture then when the breakup happens you're starting from scratch.  Like the dude married to Myrla was.

7 hours ago, Lindz said:

WTF was Nate saying in the store? He'll let her prioritize... HUH?!! ANYONE UNDERSTAND?!! He makes no sense. He's not saying he'll let her choose whatever she wants, he's saying they'll decorate what she wants to decorate? Ehhhh

IMO he was trying to say that he wanted to have a say and feel like it was his place too, but she should let him know about things she had her heart set on (her priorities) and he wouldn't interfere with those.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I just noticed this episode that Mitch drives an SUV and not even a hybrid one.  He Can back the f up with his holier than thou eco warrior bullshit. 

Maybe it's Krysten"s? I thought he rode an electric bike.

• Useful 1
21 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Do you end up homeless when you divorce? I don't know anybody that has. You go find another place to live. Somebody has to go and if it's Nate I don't think it would be such a bad thing since he doesn't feel comfortable in her house. Why is he even thinking about that now? No, buddy. You won't be HOMELESS!

He's not saying he will be living out on the street or whatever. If he gives up his place, move into her home and they split, he's gone. Literally homeless. He will be without a home. It's not about whether or not he will find another place. You also can't just snap your fingers and get a new place. It takes time. It's something he has to think about. This literally happened last year. Mark and his wife split right after she moved in and gave up her place. She had nowhere to go at the time and had to stay there for a while as a result. With her ex! It's a reasonable worry.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Spectator said:

Talking about the after-party for a second…why oh why do they continue to waste a chair on someone we don’t know and has nothing to do with anything??? A podcaster? I have zero interest in what these people have to say. Zip. I wonder if Morgan or Binh had been scheduled for these episodes and production needed to scramble for inexpensive replacements. I have no other explanation since this change just seems so pointless. 

Also, every single promo for the after party mentions “spilling all the exclusive tea in tonight’s juicy episode” (or something like that…I try to block it out! Lol). I hate it. To me it validates that the show is deliberately creating drama purely for our entertainment, which we all pretty much know is true, but I still like to at least pretend that the show tries to match people because they are well suited for each other. Not because production is trying to entertain a tv audience with a bunch of mismatched freaks poised for conflict. 

I've said this before but this is not a change. They did the same thing last season. Early on they have three people from the show come on. When there is less going on in the middle of the season, they add a guest. It's for outsider insight. Giving a voice from the fans. Reaching different demos. There a bunch a reasons.  It's not for no reason. And it's my own personal pet peeve but you not knowing someone doesn't make them a nobody. She and her Co host have a popular podcast. Thus, she isn't a nobody. I don't really care where they come from. They write blogs, do recaps, just be a fan. I just hope they add to the discussion. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. It's not a big deal to me. I'm sure it's also a hassle getting three of them for filing weekly anyway.

I think this might be another 1-4 seasons with Stacia/Nate being the ones to stay married.

I think Lindy and Miguel will stay married on DD and maybe for the reunion but will eventually quietly divorce.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Lindz said:

Lindy should've told Miguel never to speak like that to her because it's unacceptable. He took no accountability! He should've said it was inappropriate & wrong. Punk. I'm glad they're falling apart. He's hard to watch. She's afraid to tell him how she feels & he's more than comfortable telling her his every doubt, making her more scared. Vicious cycle! She should just tell him & let whatever happen, happen. If he can't handle it, fine. It'll build up until she explodes & will destroy the relationship. How doesn't she see that?!! The whole censoring thing is too dramatic. How about being better? So strange they played that weird game & then she flipped & had another crying fit. Just bizarre. 

I agree with you.  We are now witnessing the death spiral (aka vicious cycle) I predicted for them.  Miguel can't seem to help himself.  He's freaking out under the intense cold feet he has over considering such a huge commitment and either over-exaggerating Lindy's every fault or borrowing trouble that doesn't exist.  He's engaging in every "what if" he can imagine, and it all paints Lindy in a very bad light, one I don't think she deserves.  I hate to see that some people are buying into that image of her, because the only reason he's doing that is because he is SCARED, pure and simple.  It's not because Lindy is the person he fears she is.  She's really not, and I think in his heart of hearts he knows it but can't help feeling worried about it. 

The only reason she's whiny, pouty and shedding tears is because he's understandably making her feel like shit with all his catastrophizing and worst-case scenario interpretation of everything she says and does.  He's become the shadow of his personality type, picking on every detail and blowing it up way out of proportion.  He's not seeing the big picture with Lindy, himself, or their relationship.  The problem with Miguel is that he's not enough in control of his feelings, especially his fears, not to take them out and blame them on Lindy.  Instead of opening up to her and admitting he's afraid so they can talk about it, he's acting out his fear by imagining the worst is true and will be true all the time every day.  She's the problem in his view, not him.  And him constantly framing his fear as all these things he can't live with about her makes her react as if he's rejecting her.  And of course he's going to interpret her reaction as even more justification for his fear and the two spiral down even more with every go 'round. 

If Lindy could snap out of "victim mode" and be more direct and confident about herself it might help.  Just be open and tell him like it is.  Stop walking on eggshells for fear of "losing him".  Instead she's crumpling into a pile of emotional tears and only further feeding into his fears.  And when she reacts it's all emotional and hard to take.  I would adopt a more detached attitude and ask him why he's so afraid of me and why he's acting like I'm so bad, when I know I'm not.  What exactly is going on there?  Put him on the defensive.  Instead she allows him to always put her on the defensive.  She is too afraid to tell him to cut all the catastrophizing out and grow up.  Of course I have over 30 years on her probably so it's easier for me to do that, but I don't think even at her age I would have let a man treat me like that and not shown more of a backbone.  

I think one of the reasons she flipped out at that game is because she felt like he was deliberately putting her into an uncomfortable situation where she was doomed to fail, only giving himself more justification for his negative opinion of her, this time as not living up to his expectations of her to fit into his little gaming group.  

Edited by Yeah No
  • Applause 5
  • Love 5

Another thing about Miguel, which I was surprised he admitted in the Afterparty, is something I've wanted to say about him for weeks but didn't because I didn't want to encourage all the dissenters - That he thinks some of his issues with Lindy and relationships come from having grown up in a very "traditional" household, and that he was operating off some male "machismo".  I have felt like some of this controlling behavior and certain expectations he seemed to have of a woman might be coming from a traditional culture of male domination over women.  Having come from an Italian American background and growing up around a lot of Hispanics in NYC I know that attitude very well.  I was actually impressed that Miguel showed the self awareness to be aware that some of that might have rubbed off on him.  I think it's probably only when he's in the "grip" of his "shadow side" that it comes out so severe, but it is something I think is a part of him that he may have to work through in order to have a healthy relationship with a woman that isn't based on him controlling her behavior and dominating her in such a demeaning way.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Stacia should have at least made Nate feel like he has some say in the house. The number of drawer pulls in that star was overwhelming. She should have gone alone and chosen 4-6 styles she'd be happy with and then let Nate make the final choice among those. I do that with my husband. I selected 4 area rugs I liked and let him make the final choice. It wasn't my first choice, but it's perfectly fine and I like it. That's essentially what designers do on the home improvement shows: show the homeowners a couple of styles of cabinets, hardware, and backsplash tiles and let them pick from those limited options.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Watching themselves seem to shown them what they've done wrong. Too bad it might be at the expense of their marriage. Before they watched themselves, they probably thought the issue was always their partner. 😅 Unless Miguel & Mitch are just bsing.

15 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I also remember Nate saying that HE would be the stay-at-home Dad raising their baby or multiple children. He would definitely be more fun than Stacia. Maybe he could keep his place and take the kids there all day and bring them back to the museum ("do not touch") to sleep. Can you imagine seeing Stacia's face if she ever saw a crayon in HER house? Maybe she can just have the kids fed through an intravenous feeding tube so nothing drips or spills?

Knowing Statia, she will have a Nanny, cleaning person, baby sitter and anyone else to keep that house in order.   Nate will be on hand to see the kid or kids while he works from home.  She probably has everything worked out in her head already.  Money talks.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Knowing Statia, she will have a Nanny, cleaning person, baby sitter and anyone else to keep that house in order.   Nate will be on hand to see the kid or kids while he works from home.  She probably has everything worked out in her head already.  Money talks.

She does have everything worked out in her head.  Including how she thinks Nate should  behave/react/make choices.  Including the exact moment when he was supposed to declare his undying love.  He’s a character in the movie she wrote and is directing, rather than a partner.   

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I agree with you.  We are now witnessing the death spiral (aka vicious cycle) I predicted for them.  Miguel can't seem to help himself.  He's freaking out under the intense cold feet he has over considering such a huge commitment and either over-exaggerating Lindy's every fault or borrowing trouble that doesn't exist.  He's engaging in every "what if" he can imagine, and it all paints Lindy in a very bad light, one I don't think she deserves.  I hate to see that some people are buying into that image of her, because the only reason he's doing that is because he is SCARED, pure and simple.  It's not because Lindy is the person he fears she is.  She's really not, and I think in his heart of hearts he knows it but can't help feeling worried about it. 

The only reason she's whiny, pouty and shedding tears is because he's understandably making her feel like shit with all his catastrophizing and worst-case scenario interpretation of everything she says and does.  He's become the shadow of his personality type, picking on every detail and blowing it up way out of proportion.  He's not seeing the big picture with Lindy, himself, or their relationship.  The problem with Miguel is that he's not enough in control of his feelings, especially his fears, not to take them out and blame them on Lindy.  Instead of opening up to her and admitting he's afraid so they can talk about it, he's acting out his fear by imagining the worst is true and will be true all the time every day.  She's the problem in his view, not him.  And him constantly framing his fear as all these things he can't live with about her makes her react as if he's rejecting her.  And of course he's going to interpret her reaction as even more justification for his fear and the two spiral down even more with every go 'round. 

If Lindy could snap out of "victim mode" and be more direct and confident about herself it might help.  Just be open and tell him like it is.  Stop walking on eggshells for fear of "losing him".  Instead she's crumpling into a pile of emotional tears and only further feeding into his fears.  And when she reacts it's all emotional and hard to take.  I would adopt a more detached attitude and ask him why he's so afraid of me and why he's acting like I'm so bad, when I know I'm not.  What exactly is going on there?  Put him on the defensive.  Instead she allows him to always put her on the defensive.  She is too afraid to tell him to cut all the catastrophizing out and grow up.  Of course I have over 30 years on her probably so it's easier for me to do that, but I don't think even at her age I would have let a man treat me like that and not shown more of a backbone.  

I think one of the reasons she flipped out at that game is because she felt like he was deliberately putting her into an uncomfortable situation where she was doomed to fail, only giving himself more justification for his negative opinion of her, this time as not living up to his expectations of her to fit into his little gaming group.  

The whining and crying episodes is probably producer driven and has to stop.  It’s really annoying at this point and expected .  I only hope next week will be Decision Day and not some more bullshit episodes.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

She does have everything worked out in her head.  Including how she thinks Nate should  behave/react/make choices.  Including the exact moment when he was supposed to declare his undying love.  He’s a character in the movie she wrote and is directing, rather than a partner.   

I will be very shocked if he says “I love you”.  She’s very controlling.  He looked disgusted in the Hardware Store and said let’s go.  Having lots of sex with all kinds of gadgets isn’t everything in a marriage.  He has to feel like an equal partner when it comes to decisions.  He looks like a bystander to me, as she runs the show.  It’s very interesting to see what he does.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 6

Krysten's questions were strange. Ain't nobody checking for Mitch's bald self! Beach babes? COME ON! How about having a real conversation about your feelings about him acting single??? Geez!

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm glad you brought it up because I think that little refrigerator is adorable.  I'm guessing she has a big one on order.

It's adorable!  I hope she has a regular size one on order because it looked so odd where I regular fridge shoudl be! 

• Love 3

Anyone else take Miguel saying Lindy can keep her last name... by getting divorced? 😅🤣 She didn't seem to take it that way & he didn't say anything more. It had that feel like when Jake told Haley she'd never see him again in a few days when she said she's fine hugging strangers because she'll never see them again. DIRECT AS HELL!! 🤣

• Love 1
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

I kept thinking the same thing.  So why was Nate trying to get her to agree to "hands on" parenting and home care?  He kept pushing the point of how much sacrifice it takes to care for a baby and household.  Doesn't he realize she'll just pay other people to do it?  Or is he trying to tell her he wants HER to do it as if not to is shirking her responsibility or not showing enough interest?  If I were her I would have just told him I'd hire a nanny and housekeeper so he doesn't have to worry about who's going to manage a baby and a white house with white pillows.  Plus if he's that concerned he can take a major role with both things himself.  If he wants a wife that will stay at home and do all those things and let their career take a backseat, maybe Stacia is not for him.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I kept thinking the same thing.  So why was Nate trying to get her to agree to "hands on" parenting and home care?  He kept pushing the point of how much sacrifice it takes to care for a baby and household.  Doesn't he realize she'll just pay other people to do it?  Or is he trying to tell her he wants HER to do it as if not to is shirking her responsibility or not showing enough interest?  If I were her I would have just told him I'd hire a nanny and housekeeper so he doesn't have to worry about who's going to manage a baby and a white house with white pillows.  Plus if he's that concerned he can take a major role with both things himself.  If he wants a wife that will stay at home and do all those things and let their career take a backseat, maybe Stacia is not for him.

Nate probably thinks every child needs it’s Mother.  His Mother was not present, and it affected him.  Maybe she will stay home for a few years, as she did say she will watch them.  If she can afford to stay home, it’s best for her and the child.  Those precious years go by very fast.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I don’t think Nate wants her to be a stay at home parent - giving up her job.  He wants her to understand that her life will change. That a baby takes up a lot of time and effort.  That traveling  with a baby or small child  isn’t really fun.  That he doesn’t want his child raised by a nanny kept up in a nursery and only brought out for before dinner family time.  It’s not Downton Abbey. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, Racj82 said:

He's not saying he will be living out on the street or whatever. If he gives up his place, move into her home and they split, he's gone. Literally homeless. He will be without a home. It's not about whether or not he will find another place. You also can't just snap your fingers and get a new place. It takes time. It's something he has to think about. This literally happened last year. Mark and his wife split right after she moved in and gave up her place. She had nowhere to go at the time and had to stay there for a while as a result. With her ex! It's a reasonable worry.

I’ve seen this happen a few times, and there’s always an awkward period when the moving out person is still there after the breakup because you can’t move into a new place the day you break up. One of my friends had to legally evict her ex-boyfriend from her house when he wouldn’t leave (he had nowhere to go and was mooching off her and wanted to continue to do so, which is part of why she broke up with him). Anything legal scared him (he was shady) so he left quickly after that.

This same friend refers to her house, which is her premarital property and before that it belonged to her grandparents, as “our house” because it’s her and her husband’s home. I have no idea how their finances are set up ; that’s none of my business. But she’s made a lot of effort to make the place home for her husband because … it is. But like @mythoughtis says, Nate is a character in the movie of Stacia’s life, not a partner. I said before that I don’t even think Stacia loves Nate because of Nate - she loves that by being married to him, she can check off two more items on her life checklist: marriage and kids.

That home really is sterile. No warmth. Stacia is also the one who keeps a tray on her bed for appearances, so I doubt she’ll take it well when there are handprints on her white marble.

Edited by Empress1
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Aren't we going to talk about the comment Alexis made in response to Justin's saying he was going to work out more (on the treadmill, I think)?  Her reply was something like, do they make a machine for thrusting?

She's truly horrible. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

Between the two of them, I don’t think they know what they are in for or doing.  Seems like they don’t communicate very well.  Statia wants what she wants, even tho it doesn’t seem right.  She wants kids, but doesn’t want to give up certain things like going out and vacations.  I don’t even think she cares what he wants as she controls everything it seems.  They are very confusing.  To me anyhow.  She wants kids?  Then give up some things and don’t be selfish. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Shauna said:

Aren't we going to talk about the comment Alexis made in response to Justin's saying he was going to work out more (on the treadmill, I think)?  Her reply was something like, do they make a machine for thrusting?

She's truly horrible. 

Yes she is horrible.  She didn’t even flinch when his dog went bye bye in the car.  If it was her dog, she would be beside herself, but of course it wasn’t her dog.  It was no big deal, and why was she there in the first place .. to console him?  Yeah, right.  I just don’t like her.  Life is all about her she thinks.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Kip1 said:

Stacia should have at least made Nate feel like he has some say in the house. The number of drawer pulls in that star was overwhelming. She should have gone alone and chosen 4-6 styles she'd be happy with and then let Nate make the final choice among those. I do that with my husband. I selected 4 area rugs I liked and let him make the final choice. It wasn't my first choice, but it's perfectly fine and I like it. That's essentially what designers do on the home improvement shows: show the homeowners a couple of styles of cabinets, hardware, and backsplash tiles and let them pick from those limited options.

She gave him the garage.  With her approval of course.  Maybe he’ll wind up sleeping in there.

4 hours ago, Shauna said:

She's truly horrible. 

What exactly was she trying to say? That he doesn't have the moves to satisfy her? 

Yes, she is truly horrible. I'll go one step further to say she's a stone cold bitch. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I don’t think Nate wants her to be a stay at home parent - giving up her job.  He wants her to understand that her life will change. That a baby takes up a lot of time and effort.  That traveling  with a baby or small child  isn’t really fun.  That he doesn’t want his child raised by a nanny kept up in a nursery and only brought out for before dinner family time.  It’s not Downton Abbey. 

How old is Statia?  Didn’t she have enough fun?  Life doesn’t stop if you have a baby.  What is it that she wants.  To go to bars and exotic vacations with her husband?  You can’t have everything all at once.  People go in restaurants with a baby.  It’s not the end of the world.  Take your pick.  This woman wants too much all at once.  Be reasonable.  I think she’s a spoiled brat and he will have no say in everything.

9 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

That was my take.  He also said something about working on his stamina.  She really put him in his place.

I’d love for someone to put her in her place.  She’s not all that like she thinks she is.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

why was she there in the first place .. to console him?

That's what she said.

How old is Statia?  Didn’t she have enough fun?  Life doesn’t stop if you have a baby.  What is it that she wants.  To go to bars and exotic vacations with her husband?  You can’t have everything all at once.  People go in restaurants with a baby.  It’s not the end of the world.  Take your pick.  This woman wants too much all at once.  Be reasonable.  I think she’s a spoiled brat and he will have no say in everything.

She is 37. She said she wants to travel and "have fun" and believes you can do so with a baby. Nate is the one who thinks that life stops when you have a baby. As Stacia pointed out, she doesn't really go to clubs and drink to excess so she isn't looking to start that when she has a baby. She wants to travel and she wants to do things like the hike they did earlier in the episode. So Nate, Mr. I Bench 150, strap on a baby carrier and take the kid on a hike. Problem solved.

• Love 2

I believe that Stacia does want a child or baby. She just wants one that doesn't make a mess or ask "why" or behave like a child. I don't think she eats at home - too much of a chance to spill something so she just needs the tiny fridge. Interesting that she herself leaves the dishes in the sink in the MAFS apartment,  but she was sure to mention that there would be NO DISHES IN THE SINK. All I can hear is, "No wire hangers!"  from Mommy Dearest. No children for these two, please. I think that Nate could be a good dad, but not with her as the mother. They need to start with a visit from Migindy.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 7
On 10/13/2022 at 6:30 AM, Katie111 said:

I think Mitch loves to look at the “beach babes” but doesn’t actually get anywhere with them, hence why he ended up on this show.  Seems like he wanted to be matched to a 25 year old surfer chick.  Couldn’t he find one of those on his own?  No, he couldn’t because he’s 41 and not that attractive so he had to go on this show and now he has a wife that (gasp!) wears makeup and brushes her hair.  And he’s torn between married life and his old life.  He needs to remember that his old life probably means that he’ll be alone for the rest of his life.  I feel like Krysten actually genuinely missed him while he was gone.   And he didn’t really miss her. 

I wonder how many husbands would be so brutally honest about their activities? Who would admit they took their ring off? That said he should be proud to be married. This is supposed to be what he wanted. Having a ring on would actually make him more attractive to some woman the fiends. He should get serious and realize Krysten is a great find and a wonderful wife. If anyone has a decision to make its Krysten. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Lindz said:

Anyone else take Miguel saying Lindy can keep her last name... by getting divorced? 😅🤣 She didn't seem to take it that way & he didn't say anything more. 

From the shocked look on her face and how she recoiled, I absolutely think she 100% took it the way he intended.  He didn't say anything more cause the scene cut away after that.

On 10/13/2022 at 1:35 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Something I found funny was when Alexis said, "You said Chris is the only person that Mya loves more than you."  Huh?? 

That's correct.  Before Alexis said that, when Chris arrived at Justin's to take Mya, Justin narrated that "Chris is the only person that Mya loves more than me".

On 10/13/2022 at 8:55 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm glad you brought it up because I think that little refrigerator is adorable.  I'm guessing she has a big one on order.

I doubt it, she probably thinks it's hip to have that expensive but small fridge that probably cost a more than most twice the size. She is all about style over substance which is why she want to travel, it looks good on the gram.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

I doubt it, she probably thinks it's hip to have that expensive but small fridge that probably cost a more than most twice the size. She is all about style over substance which is why she want to travel, it looks good on the gram.

I think that she has.a refrigerator on order. The one she has is adorable but it looks weird in that space that is clearly roughed in for a larger refrigerator. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

In her most ungracious way. 😡

UGH!  Graciousness is apparently not part of Alexis' DNA.

She uses words like a SLEDGEHAMMER! 

She is crude and inelegant and I bet Justin will relish the day she's no longer in his life!  

Edited by pdlinda
  • Like 1
  • Love 7