Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: October 10, 2022

• Start Topic

Why not give the 2 date cards to people that actually need to make connections?  Like Casey, Jacob, Jill, Brittany or anyone else who needs a connection? So dumb (and boring) to give it the married couple and Serene and Brandon. 

And why did Sierra have to leave immediately?  Why not just back off for a few days and see what happens?  If Michael is the nice guy he claims he is, he won’t date anyone else in front of her. 

Edited by Katie111
  • Like 1
  • Love 10

I don’t think the date cards are that special. This is not like the Bachelor or Bachelorette where if you don’t get a date card, you’re stuck  without time to make a connection. They can get plenty of 1/1 time right there on std beach. 

• Love 4

Run Justin, Run!!!! Genevieve is scary.

Good call Michael. You’re too mature to date someone who uses body glitter. She did seem sweet tho. I really thought he was trying to say he was going to go. That was kind of strange…

• Love 3

I'm just happy I got to FF 90% of this and make space on the DVR.

I continue to hate Genevieve, even more now than ever.

I can't believe the cameratime A & J are getting. Does anyone care about this? And if so, let them fuck off and make their own show.

Why is Michael here? That whole thing felt so sleazy.

Omg with five minutes left in the show A & J CAME BACK AGAIN. TO TERRORIZE ME. FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, Shenae was kind of charming at the end there. But I refuse to ever like Genevieve. If I ever say I do, you may all permanently kick me out of the fandom.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6

Ashley and Jared farting in the boom-boom room was super gross. Was that scene supposed to make them relatable to the audience? They actually turned my stomach with their descriptions of what she ate and the type of odor Ashley was producing! WTF!!!🤮

I join everyone who is wondering why Ashley and Jared are there in paradise??? Are they using BiP viewers to promote some project? I don't appreciate the attempt to force me into watching them.  

Wells' story time about their history was dumb. It's like this show has regressed into a middle-school frame of mind.

• Love 10

What’s even funnier is that none of the contestants seem to care that A & J are there.  They don’t seem to be talking to anyone.  Are they just supposed to be there to be on a vacation or are they supposed to be giving out advice to the contestants?  Maybe they could at least be pointing out possible matches to people and talking to people like Genevieve and Michael about their decisions (not that they are any sort of experts but at least it would make it seem like they had a purpose for being there).  It also seems like none of the contestants really even know who they are, hence Wells having to host another “storytime”.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Yes, how romantic…the Boom Boom Room.   

Ashley and Jared have forever ruined the romance of the boom-boom room.🙃 Their presence has left behind a permanent stench on this show.

Why are we seeing so much of the crabs this season? Do the producers think it's funny to film them scurrying around ever corner of the resort?  Has the hotel been overrun with them? I would never stay in a place like that with no AC and giant cabs crawling through your room!

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I haven't finished watching the episode yet but I'm wondering WHERE IS SALLY? I thought we were going to get that story this week. Are they making us wait until tomorrow?

I don't understand why Rodney is such a hot commodity. Although I do think he's super sweet I don't find him attractive at all. He's kind of feminine and goofy.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Yeah, this is ridiculous. I’ve pushed away every woman I’ve met since my wife died, and I’m doing the same to you. So long, I’m going to wait around to see whether someone else can cure my broken heart. Just admit you’re not as into her as she is into you. I’d have more respect for the dude if he did that than this, you’re perfect, and I’m broken—but you go ahead and leave, I’m gonna enjoy this vacation.

Did he push katie away? I thought she sent him home . I cant remember. All her stepmom talk scared him. He should nor be on this show.

jared and ashely-first off iilr was obviously fake that he “ fell asleep” but the nite before was gross and im embarassed for them. I will say somehow ashley got him under her spell. Amazing 

8 hours ago, Katie111 said:

Why not give the 2 date cards to people that actually need to make connections?  Like Casey, Jacob, Jill, Brittany or anyone else who needs a connection? So dumb (and boring) to give it the married couple and Serene and Brandon. 

And why did Sierra have to leave immediately?  Why not just back off for a few days and see what happens?  If Michael is the nice guy he claims he is, he won’t date anyone else in front of her. 

I agree about the date cards. Given to people who dont need them. I hate that ashley and jared are there. Ugh. But like someone else said, it could be demi and that would be inbearable

• Love 3

Aaron says he feels like throwing up and then curling over and dying while watching Genevieve kissing Justin.
I remember Aaron being a big whiner last year - not sure how a relationship with sour-puss Genevieve would ever work out.
Why are Aaron and James shown together in the opening credits? Guess they will have to reshoot if one of the bros goes home before the other.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

Did he push katie away? I thought she sent him home . I cant remember. All her stepmom talk scared him. He should nor be on this show.

He spoke to his son on the phone and then quit the show because his son missed him. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Too much Jared and Ashley. I wish them well but go away. I still miss the old Bachelor Pad where they played games. This show consists of people crying because their date of two days isn’t proposing. I never liked widowed dad and couldn’t figure out why but I’m now convinced he is just after fame and thinks he is a hot catch. Go home to your child!

Dont like Genevieve and don’t think she is attractive. Ditto with Jill. My 24 year old son came in when I was watching and took one look at Victoria and said “I bet all the guys want her “. She is beautiful.

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Applause 3
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Yeah, this is ridiculous. I’ve pushed away every woman I’ve met since my wife died, and I’m doing the same to you. So long, I’m going to wait around to see whether someone else can cure my broken heart. Just admit you’re not as into her as she is into you. I’d have more respect for the dude if he did that than this, you’re perfect, and I’m broken—but you go ahead and leave, I’m gonna enjoy this vacation.

I actually didn't get up to this part yet and I know the constant woe is me is mostly editing as I'm sure he has a lot more that he talks about than his late wife.. but why keep going on a tv show to find love if you keep saying it's too much for you and too soon? That is totally understandable but just stay off of a tv show that is basically an either " get engaged or go home" situation. My guess is that he just isn't into these women much so he has the wife as an excuse to fall back on but it just comes off as he's kind of an asshole at this point.

• Love 15

Did Genevieve search for youtube videos on how to be extremely unlikable? Because it's seeming to come way too easy for her. 

She just spent the last couple of episodes crying, bitching and whining that she was so into Justin and how could he go on a date with someone else. She made it seem like they were dating for years and like she was expecting him to propose because of their extremely strong connection. Followed by him choosing her over someone else and on the next episode now she is doing worse to him. She went on one date with Aaron and suddenly she was all in on him and felt bad for kissing Justin in front of him? And now she's being nasty to him? And somehow both guys still want her? Color me confused. 

If it wasn't obvious before, pretty sure she just used Justin for a rose and was crying so much in fear that she wouldn't get one from him. And I was internally clapping when he was like.. hmm so now we're counting kisses. And she flipped out on him for saying that but that's exactly what she was doing in order to get out of being with him and they both knew it. 

I said this is another post but I love the juxtaposition of her theme on Clayton's season being about how she has no emotions and can't push out a tear yet on this season, she doesn't stop crying.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8

Genevieve is annoying and immature and she likes to argue and be right.

When Wells sat everyone down and made them watch Ashley and Jarrod "fall in love" in effort to put them in the "right" state of mind regarding what paradise is really about (to fall in love, get married, and have babies), it reminded me of those timeshare presentations where you are lurred in with a free vacation, but then are forced to listen to how timeshares will change your life and make your family complete.

I wonder if the producer or writer who put that little scene together used to work for a timeshare.

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5

I couldn't stand Ashley I. on her season of The Bachelor, or on BIP.  She pecked and pecked at Jared until he finally gave in.

When they were on BIP, there was another girl that Jared really liked (Cailey??).  They went home together, but apparently, Ashley I. wouldn't stop calling Jared, and Jared wouldn't tell Ashley to stop calling, so the nice cute girl told him to buzz off.  

They are here for the "fame", IMHO.  IG followers, they need more swag to sell, or....ugh....they are hoping for a spinoff.  I won't watch.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Jax7917 said:

Did Genevieve search for youtube videos on how to be extremely unlikable? Because it's seeming to come way too easy for her. 

And somehow both guys still want her? Color me confused. 

She was extremely unlikable on her season with Clayton and also on the tell-all, but it was shadowed by the extreme unlikability of Shanea-nay. She has that constant blank yet indignant face and is always smoothing back her hair at the part as she thinks of some way to make the conversation about her.

I'm hoping they "want" her because they are trying to stay on the show and 4 guys are going home.

Ashley and Jarrod have a bachelor nation podcast. I'm guessing they are also trying to make friends with everyone and be in the middle of the drama so they have some content and tea to dish and also guests for their show.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Starlight925 said:

I couldn't stand Ashley I. on her season of The Bachelor, or on BIP.  She pecked and pecked at Jared until he finally gave in.
They are here for the "fame", IMHO.  IG followers, they need more swag to sell, or....ugh....they are hoping for a spinoff.  I won't watch.

Yeah, my guess is they are plotting their own show.
It occurred to me last night that Ashley and Jared are being considered for a regular role on BiP. Since they met on BiP maybe the producers are thinking of them as a promotional success story and plan to have then visit throughout the season to do commentary and give advice.😱

Whatever their plan is, I do not understand how Ashley could possibly think that her farts would win over more followers...unless she is targeting tweens with potty humor.

Edited by Melonie77
  • Love 3

For all of us who have noticed that both Ashley and Jared look different...
The first picture is from 2018 and the second from this season.

Could Jared have gained some weight? I do not know how to explain Ashley's facial changes. She looks to me like she is melting in the second photo.
Their eyes are what looks particularly changed. Both look like their eyes are smaller and slit-like.

1aAJ2.thumb.jpg.587bce6ee6d900e776ed28f812ffe05d.jpg

1aAJ.thumb.jpg.48f46ca547bd5b0770d1603041ef1d7e.jpg

• Useful 2
5 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Too much Jared and Ashley. I wish them well but go away. I still miss the old Bachelor Pad where they played games. This show consists of people crying because their date of two days isn’t proposing. I never liked widowed dad and couldn’t figure out why but I’m now convinced he is just after fame and thinks he is a hot catch. Go home to your child!

Dont like Genevieve and don’t think she is attractive. Ditto with Jill. My 24 year old son came in when I was watching and took one look at Victoria and said “I bet all the guys want her “. She is beautiful.

I second everything you said....I'm not crazy about this year's cast at all. They are not interesting, they whine and on a whole are not the best looking bunch of Bach Nation loons to have ever walked crab beach. Add in Ashley and Jared plus the tween potty humor and it makes for a disappointing season.
I wish they would do something that was more of a cross between Bachelor Pad and this show. 

• Like 2
  • Love 6

Between the Salley and Ashley/Jared portion of each episode, I'm pretty sure the show is admitting to not having enough content that they need to bring in these random "stories." They've never done this in past seasons. The most they've done was have Clare talk to a crab for a few minutes.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Jax7917 said:

Between the Salley and Ashley/Jared portion of each episode, I'm pretty sure the show is admitting to not having enough content that they need to bring in these random "stories." They've never done this in past seasons. The most they've done was have Clare talk to a crab for a few minutes.

It is crazy….they have 43 people lined up for this season…43!   And yet they need so much filler!   I don’t ge5 it either. 

• Mind Blown 2
  • Love 6

I think the physical changes you guys are seeing in Jared and Ashley can be explained by normal aging, being in the sun (or maybe a stiff wind or salt spray or a jillion other things), or in Ashley's case, recently having a baby. Having a baby can affect the father's weight too -- I bet Jared's gym time and meal schedule has been disrupted, and he'll get a full night's sleep when the kid is 18.

I don't think we have to assume something surgical happened because someone's look changes from their mid20s to mid30s.  Mine did too, and the only cosmetic thing I've ever done was getting a wart on my thumb frozen off :)

Maybe they did get work done, I have no idea. But I think it's likely they are just attractive people who are learning about the entropy of aging.

Edited by phlebas
typo
  • Love 12
44 minutes ago, Jax7917 said:

The show should be one hour a week, not four! This is all filler crap no one cares about!!!!

(not ranting at you but this terrible show! what it's become!)

• Love 3

The numbering and dates are confusing because there was only one episode in week 1. Now the odd numbers are the first episode of the week. 

If earlier episodes had some padding, this one was an absolute mattress factory. I skip all commercials but was tempted to comment on them as they at least have a coherent plot or message and say more in 30 sec than we had in 1.5 hrs of show time.

-The presence of Ashley I & Jared is pointless. Their conversations are pointless. Ashley is terminally insecure hence the steamer trunk full of makeup and the crying and histrionics. She gloats and ticks off her life events like a shopping list. Husband, kid, etc. She's getting even with or ahead of…who, exactly? That is some dangerous, deranged narcissism but it’s a defense mechanism. Jared has obviously opted for passivity as a defense mechanism of his own.

-What are they putting in the drinks? Something good and fun the first week, apparently. Something horrible and upsetting thereafter.

-The life & loves of Rodney? ZZZZZ. Seeing Lace latch on is like seeing that aggressive driver who’s attempting to pass on the right get stuck behind a truck going up a steep hill. The problem solves itself as you cackle at your good fortune.

-Michael is what the pointy-heads call an unreliable narrator. He’s an emotional wreck but confidently analyzing the other relationships.

-Genevieve has been reading too many self-help books – the kind sold at Target. I should feel wanted and special etc etc. These are randy lads on holiday who have had a drink or two and are surrounded by women in skimpy swimsuits. It's lust, not love - not as intricate or high-minded as you might think.

-Like so many others, when Genevieve is painted into a corner by her own behavior or previous statements, she throws a strop. OHMYGODAREYOU*#@#!KIDDING ME? This is meant to wrong-foot the opposition and win the argument via force of volume. ‘You don’t need to get worked up,’ declares Justin…as the vein in his temple threatens to burst.

-The pendulum is well and truly swinging now, punctuated by crying jags. Justin to Aaron. Aaron to Justin. Justin back to Aaron. ‘Now I’m realizing Aaron is all in,’ she declares. Not really. He just wants to get his leg over. And to show off his trophy at breakfast. Get a room, kids. Actually, you should have obtained one last night. Are there chaperones there or something?

‘I’m OK with knowing she isn’t the person for me,' says Justin. Yes, that was obvious 24 hrs ago.

-Shenae wants ‘effort’ in exchange for having it off with another lad. Ooh, get her. Logan isn’t top of the pop charts but he’s worthy of some sympathy here dealing with this person. ‘No reward is worth this,’ quoth Han Solo. In this instance Logan’s droopy eyes aren’t naturally occurring – he’s squinting and concentrating and trying to decipher what this mad cow is saying.

-Casey’s football commentary is as obvious and lame as his commentary on the coupling and decoupling. Prompting the rhetorical and literal question: why is he there? He shows as much interest in the women as the cast of ‘Cruising’ starring Al Pacino.

-Speaking of dodgy T levels, Victoria is being roundly ignored by the males which is a demerit for each one of them. 

-Who needs ceiling fans when you have Lash’s laces – sorry - Lace’s lashes fluttering and creating a nice breeze? Speaking of which, Sierra should be feeling a cold ominous wind across her spine just now as Lace predicts good things for her, including children with Michael, who is already a father and has already declared himself emotionally damaged and unavailable. First to go, last to know and all that.

-Brandon & Serene are the producers’ second-worst nightmare for now – coupled up from the start and obviously besotted with each other. Their story arc is almost complete just 3.5 episodes in but they’ll be kept around for a final beach scene, say the bookies [spoiler-free speculation]. To be fair, Serene does look capable of stopping traffic – or possibly the tides – in her red dress. Has it been discussed or decided if she’s had some help from the surgeon given her hypnotic cleavage? She’s a stick figure otherwise but perhaps she’s won the genetic lottery. But if she’s had help she didn’t overdo it so fair play to her.

-‘No drama, just us?’ wonders Brandon. Well, if you don’t count the jib camera, the Steadicam operator, the boom mic operator, the lighting techs, then yes, just you. But their speeches are at least heartfelt and not manipulative – funny how the roses become an afterthought so quickly in this situation. Some production assistant is probably stage-whispering ‘Save some of these treacly lines for the finale!’

-Poor Sierra. You can’t help who you crush on but this one had sirens and warning lights – you steamed in anyway.

Edited by Rainsong
  • Sad 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

Yeah, my guess is they are plotting their own show.
It occurred to me last night that Ashley and Jared are being considered for a regular role on BiP. Since they met on BiP maybe the producers are thinking of them as a promotional success story and plan to have then visit throughout the season to do commentary and give advice.😱

Whatever their plan is, I do not understand how Ashley could possibly think that her farts would win over more followers...unless she is targeting tweens with potty humor.

I can only take so much. I said if I ever had to see that fake ass Demi again, i was out. If Ashley and Jared are going to be regulars from now on, Im out. honestly there is not an amount of money anyone could pay me to put the farting on national tv. sickening. Im happy for her buts it super wierd, gross and annoying. wow this show just keeps going lower. Im trying to hang in there.

• Applause 1
  • Love 6

This is so scripted - it's not even fun to watch anymore. Jared flushing the toilet - Ashley applying makeup and then farting in bed - I can't believe that they think anyone falls for it. Really can't stand Jill - another attention whore.

• Applause 4
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I still miss the old Bachelor Pad where they played games.

Me too! That show was so much better and had more class. I love some of the marriages that came out of that show like Holly and Blake Julian, 10441436-C06A-4398-90DB-E564607C8B24.jpeg.287b25ab1c45ccd2f161fc01d8600dac.jpegFF1F2291-E002-4A3B-9A4D-42DE226F5131.jpeg.efeac0aae278a63564f365c0592e7be2.jpegChris and Peyton Lambton. 

During Wells’ storytime, was it brought up that Ashley was the virgin on Bachelor and BiP2 and then lost her virginity to Canadian Bachelor Kevin (who just had a kid with Astrid) in Bachelor winter games before Jared finally caved? 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Fire 1
  • Love 2

Isn't this show about marriage? Isn't that what the show keeps saying?

If so, why are people saying Sierra was moving too fast? How is that possible on a show like this?

If Michael isn't ready for that, Why is he here?

If he's lying because he simply doesn't like Sierra, then just say that! And admit that you're a psychopath for leading her on!

• Like 1
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

Ashley and Jared farting in the boom-boom room was super gross. Was that scene supposed to make them relatable to the audience? They actually turned my stomach with their descriptions of what she ate and the type of odor Ashley was producing! WTF!!!🤮

I join everyone who is wondering why Ashley and Jared are there in paradise??? Are they using BiP viewers to promote some project? I don't appreciate the attempt to force me into watching them.  

Wells' story time about their history was dumb. It's like this show has regressed into a middle-school frame of mind.

Quoting myself to add...

I just noticed Ashley and Jared are included in the theme song opening with all the other cast members! They have their own spot at the end where they pose with a tree and a baby (doll) is tossed at them. So does this mean they now have a regular spot as cast members? Yikes!

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, dizzyd said:

Me too! That show was so much better and had more class. I love some of the marriages that came out of that show like Holly and Blake Julian,  

I've thought this since the first season of Paradise. I miss the contests from Bachelor Pad.
I watched some of BiP season one the other day and it was different than it is now. They had a better cast and went on nicer dates. The girls all wore really pretty flowing summer / beach dresses and there were no silly dates where they made a giant taco out of cast members. That was the season Clare talks to the 'raccoon', Marcus and Lacey fell in love, Ashlee Frasier brought the crazy with her obsession over Graham, Michelle Money used strategy to stay in the 'game', and one of the women had a relationship with a crew member who broke both his legs jumping out of her hotel room window!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

3 hours ago, DEL901 said:

It is crazy….they have 43 people lined up for this season…43!   And yet they need so much filler!   I don’t ge5 it either. 

The weirdest thing is that they have planned on showing two 2-hour episodes a week! I think Reality Steve said that will end up being about 4 more episodes than they have ever done in the past - so its 8 hours longer this season. They certainly seem to be stringing content along---like the Salley stuff that was supposed to be shown last night.
Maybe there is some bigger story brewing?

• Love 1
21 hours ago, phlebas said:

Statler and Waldorf riffing on the football was the best part of this episode. And the most genuine relationship 

LOL, that was my favorite part too. Michael's "everybody dies and we have a nice weekend" was hilarious. I definitely like him more when he's not being St. Michael the Widower. 

Yeah, this relationship never had a shot. The age difference, plus IIRC, Sierra was a lot of drama on her season. She's playing the role of the chill, listening ear, but it seems like a put on. If not for Michael's back story and the prospect of being the one to help the poor widower find love again, I don't think she'd give him a second glance.

Did Rodney lose his date card when Teddie left or did I miss something?

Yeah, I blinked and missed that too. When the Jared/Ashley card came in, they were all like "Rodney...it'll be you" and I was a bit confused as to why they'd award the coveted date card to someone who apparently just declined one. With the women having the roses, it seems like an odd time to turn down an opportunity to secure a rose and get to stay. 

Genevieve just sits down and starts kissing Aaron without even talking to Justin?! She technically didn’t even break up with him yet. She left him last night kissing him—and doesn’t know she then went to Aaron. Justin must really be regretting his choice of Genevieve instead of Victoria. Now she’s bringing up Salley—who isn’t even here?!? This woman is officially the worst person on the island. 

Justin won me over when he bought a clue midway through the conversation and just shut it down. There was no winning with her and her completely outsized reactions were tiresome to watch in a 2 minute scene, I can't imagine listening to it regularly. And the constant drumbeat of being chosen and pursued...it's been 2 days, calm down, lady.

God help me, but I thought Ashley I and Jared were kind of sweet on their date. I have a soft spot for her, for all the drama, she seems like a good person. I'm fascinated by people who have such oversized reactions to things.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 10/11/2022 at 5:08 PM, dizzyd said:

Me too! That show was so much better and had more class. I love some of the marriages that came out of that show like Holly and Blake Julian, FF1F2291-E002-4A3B-9A4D-42DE226F5131.jpeg.efeac0aae278a63564f365c0592e7be2.jpegChris and Peyton Lambton. 

Chris and Peyton are not technically a Bachelor Pad couple.  Peyton was on season 1 BP, and she met Jesse Beck on that season, who had been on Ali Fedotowsky's Bachelorette season with Chris.  Jesse introduced Peyton and Chris.

23 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

LOL, that was my favorite part too. Michael's "everybody dies and we have a nice weekend" was hilarious. I definitely like him more when he's not being St. Michael the Widower. 

LMFAO!!

Edited by LuvMyShows
  • LOL 1
On 10/11/2022 at 12:34 PM, DEL901 said:

After seeing how disgusting Ashley is regarding hygiene and overall messy I hope she doesn't work there or do any type of management. She seems like she never showers-- just layers makeup over old makeup so no one sees her without makeup-- which is just going to make her acne worse. Yuck. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

After seeing how disgusting Ashley is regarding hygiene and overall messy I hope she doesn't work there or do any type of management. She seems like she never showers-- just layers makeup over old makeup so no one sees her without makeup-- which is just going to make her acne worse. Yuck. 

OMG! I can't believe they own a café - a business in the food industry, and yet she farts on camera and talks extensively about it, AND pees in the ocean in full view of members of the public. I felt bad for Jared as he begged her to at least go further into the water to urinate. I don't know how he puts up with those kinds of antics. It was so inconsiderate of her to do that especially knowing it was causing him embarrassment. She must ride right over him on every single thing in their lives.

• Love 3