Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Welcome to the New Deal

• Start Topic

When Calvin is overwhelmed by work, Dave volunteers to counsel his friend, while also logging hours necessary for his therapist certification at the VA. Also, Tina confides in Gemma that she's eager to make a career change.

Airdate: 10/10/2022

I am surprised how minimally Malcolm & Marty were included this week. About the storylines, well I guess they were okay, nothing particularly funny happened in this episode. I guess it's a transitional episode.

• Love 1

There were two jokes in this episode that referenced the city of Cerritos.  Initially Dave is telling Gemma were they went and Gemma asks if it was Cerritos and Dave responds that he wishes it was Cerritos and in the next Scene a similar dialog occurs between Calvin and Tina in which Calvin says it was closer to Cerritos.  I grew up in Cerritos and am familiar with the other cities mentioned.  I did not understand the joke and I doubt a national audience would have any idea about Cerritos.  Was it an inside joke between the writers?  Does the show have some connection with Cerritos?  Does the Cerritos joke make sense to others?  Very curious!