Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E03: Clawing Your Way to the Top

• Start Topic

The most-decorated skater of all time, Tony Hawk, and 13-year-old Olympic medalist Sky Brown join Gordon to teach the contestants a lesson on hard work and success. Then, each team has 10 minutes to shell and cook a lobster after watching Gordon demonstrate it to perfection.

Airdate: 10/13/2022

Alyssa was shady with the lobster.  She immediately drops out.  Then when GRR asks if they are happy with their choice, she says no.  Then she says that Sommer was wrong, but Alyssa was one who said Sommer’s should stay in the judging.

Great.  Blue sucks balls, so we’re right back to men vs. women, which is so annoying.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I am not a fan of returning to women vs men but the older team was doing so bad that I understand it. Only Alex seems to be good on the older team. Billy is continuing to be irritating, I am not surprised many of his teammates do not like him.

I think getting rid of O'Shea was the right decision. He seemed to be pretty lost in the dinner service. I am starting to like Vlad now which I never expected to do so. I am not liking Sommer much to be honest.

• Like 3

"They came all the way from London! They booked the table two years ago!"

Yeah, because they know that Hell's Kitchen is where you can be assured of perfectly preparedy Gordon Ramsay fare delivered promptly. 🙄 

They would have been disappointed if that happened and they didn't even get on camera.

• LOL 1

After last week's show I posted that we may soon be returning to the men vs. women format. Only took one more show.

I would've preferred if Nicole got sent home over O'Shea, because at least he owned that he messed up, while she blamed everyone but herself. How did lack of communication cause her to cook raw chicken? Based on next week's preview she's really annoying, so maybe they kept her for "entertainment" value.

Alex for the win. He managed to remain calm in the face of Billy's manic craziness, and he seems heads and shoulder over the other chefs on the Blue team. There seem to be some good cooks among the 20 somethings, but I don't think any of them have the maturity to be a Head Chef for GR.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Alex really seems like he has the winner's edit, or at least a finalist's edit.  He appears to perform well and is never shown as part of the screw-ups.  We keep hearing a lot of harping about leadership, and he's the one that consistently appears to step up.  He even seems to be able to keep Billy on a mostly manageable level.  I'll be shocked if he doesn't make it all the way.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, bluepiano said:

After last week's show I posted that we may soon be returning to the men vs. women format. Only took one more show.

Yeah I thought that too.  I also wondered if perhaps when choosing these chefs they went for less talented older chefs for the most part because they thought they'd "even out" the playing field somewhat, assuming the younger chefs would be no match for really good older chefs.  Only it was becoming obvious that they may have gone too far in that direction.

• Love 1

Dammit! The local affiliate wasted about 8 minutes about some lottery winner, so the ending after Gordon called Nicole up to explain why she should stay was cut off. And I really don’t feel like rewatching on demand because I can’t fast forward to the end.

On 10/14/2022 at 9:15 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Dammit! The local affiliate wasted about 8 minutes about some lottery winner, so the ending after Gordon called Nicole up to explain why she should stay was cut off. And I really don’t feel like rewatching on demand because I can’t fast forward to the end.

You didn't miss anything. Nicole blamed everyone but herself. Then they were all relaxing in their quarters and Gordon called them back, to announce that they were going back to Women vs. Men because the Blue team sucks so much.

Edited by Such A Flirt
Added detail.
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Mrs. RaiderDuck pointed out why the youngsters are doing so much better: Everyone on the show has to act as a line chef, at least during the early going. The twentysomethings are already doing that five days a week. The fortysomethings are all running their own kitchens or doing other cooking jobs besides line chef, so a line chef role isn't something they're used to at this point in their lives.

O'Shea seemed like a nice guy who was way out of his depth. Bottom line is that he kept messing up proteins and you just can't do that.

• Like 2
  • Love 1